good reps under 40mm case: any ideas?

chip&dale

greetings to all, guys,
my question is about watches that are less than 40 mm. I can hardly find one suitable for my liking. I have a couple of Tudor, 1 Daytona-both reps, and one gen Seiko. All of them are 40+ mm cases and I got tired of this big size. I'd like to have something not so big on the wrist, especially since my wrist is not very big and I kinda feel not so comfortable with them on. Another problem is that I'm not sure that cases less than 40mm are ok for a man. Aren't they more for women? Usually, women wear small cases and lately, the tendency for big faces has touched them also, and women choose big cases more and more, from what I can observe.
Would be grateful for any rep recommendation with a case less than 40, and also opinions about them on a man's wrist. Not looking for complicated pieces, a minimalist one would do perfectly. so the casual style is more than o for me, but not a priority
thanks In advance

petrucho^^

hi chip&dale 😝😝😝😝 I remember this cartoon from my childhood😁😁😁😁😁
You could try a Hamilton Khaki Field Murph 38. Actually, all the reps from this line were available in its standard dimension of 42. Only recently, factories began making 38mm models from the same line. At last, the genuine version is 38, the rep might come with a slight diameter error, of 38,5 or 39, but still less than 40. The design is identical to the 42 version if you know the model, nothing has changed actually.

The problem is that I’m not sure if the factories will release it repeatedly. The TD from which I get the reps told me that it was a single release, the next will PROBABLY be in 2023, but not sure. So if you find the model, you are lucky, if not, consider a gen one. It’s not expensive at all

###IcySpicY###

love your nick @chip&dale 😁😁😁 will borrow it for another forum 😝😝
Look at the Pelagos 39, the best of all Tudor divers for me. The company removed the 500 m water resistance for the 39 mm model, while the 42mm preserved the helium escape valve and 500 m WR. For the 39mm, it’s only 200m. But who cares? It’s still a great watch and I’m happy Tudor understood finally that no usual customer will get the watch deeper than that. So why overpay?! Great move in my opinion.
These specs are not about the rep, just about the gen model actually 😂😂😂😂😂😂
As for the rep, would solve all your issues. Less than 40m, accurate design, nothing odd, and nothing missing. An AAA or a swiss copy would perfectly do, I think. Even the cheaper version, the aaa, runs on a Miyota 9015. Isn’t it a good variant? I think it is, as the 9015 is the less problematic from what I know

CapOOchino

good point about the Tudor Pelagos, totally subscribe to @###IcySpicY### about the model. The Hamilton-idk, I wouldn't go for a Hamilton rep when the gen version is 900$, so not so expensive, in fact. but, I don't know your budget limits, so if its tough for you, a replica would be a better option I guess. as what refers to the Hamilton as a model, it looks pretty nice, though not my type of style, it's too formal for me

also, don't overthink about the size. watches less than 40mm are within normality. the major part of formal watches come in a case less than 40mm, 40mm and up are basically for the divers and sports watches. formals are always smaller.
even Grand seiko released an unisex 36,5mm (I think???) 44GS version with a pinkish dial. So what???? it looks phenomenal on the man's wrist, especially when you know how technically reliable it is 😁😁
so, don't blame yourself for your tastes, you should give a fuck on other's opinion, whenever you are comfortable with the watch you want😉

Watermint

you told me about 40 mm and the first thing that i remembered was the Nautilus. Not to say anything stupid or anything that may offend somebody somehow, but i really think that at least once in your lifetime you need to go with one Nautilus. Especially because they are existing for a really long time on the market and they seem to be pretty perfectly made as reps. This is why, you are not going to have any problems with this. I think that you can find one really easily. Look at this one.
1670519218533.png
I think it is perfect! It is not too much and neither is not simple. So the colors of the dial are cool, is that snowy blue color that is gentle. You can go with many other colors for the dial if you don't like this one. There are tones of different models. Hope that you like it

Thereld

The Big Bang 40 mm from Hublot. Seems to be a good version actually.
Generally, I think that the Big Bang collection is one of the most amazing from Hublot. They look so luxurious even if they don't have any additional gemstones. The watch is made of titanium and I think that it is what makes it totally cool.
The rep version is available. I have one and is pretty good. I have seen the original model. It is amazing, but sorry I just can't spend $18000 on a watch right now.
Depends on what is your interest. I got mine as an AAA replica and I totally love it. After some time I found that it is available as a clone and it is in titanium. This is a good deal. Of course, it is a little bit more expensive as the clone version. But worth it .. trust me;)
1670520158334.png

Evering

If you already have a Daytona, then you just have to go with a Rolex Oyster Perpetual of 39mm.
I think that for those that don't love big watches, watches that exceed 40 mm, the Oyster Perpetual is the first one that you can add to your list.
I first got in love with this watch when i was looking for a watch that can pair with my girlfriend. I wanted us to have similar watches but with different styles. i have seen this one and i totally got in love. maybe it can inspire you too.
1670520486619.png
The grey one is a good deal for men. It is classic, it is calm but at the same time, it is so good. I just can't explain how a watch can be so cool and simple at the same time.
The purple version if I can call it like this is for women. My girl just loved it sooooo much.

dailydose

NAUTILUS NAUTILUS NAUTILUS and nothing else!!!!!!
bored with Rolex reps already, they are everywhere you look around. it seems that these already lost their status of exclusivity. ok, it's a Rolex, so it's a resounding brand. but, at least me, would prefer a nautilus under 40mm rather than Rolex under 40mm. it's far more unique, and it's Patek, which is always the right way to go. no hard feelings, please, Rolex lovers!

ArnoldTHEgreat

Where did u get this that only ladies wear cases less than 40mm?))))

Most dress watches are small in comparison to diving, pilot’s, or any other sports) so chill)

I could recommend you the Tissot Le Locle Powermatic 80. I don’t know much about the rep, and I even don’t know if there is a rep for this watch, but either way, the gen version is pretty affordable about 600$, so just like a good rep :DDD

In short, 39,3mm, sapphire crystal, automatic Powermatic 90.111, steel stainless. Technically, nothing special and very likely to millions of other daily watches. But I like the dial and the whole pascal construction. Beauuuuuutiful, with a pyramid-style texture finish. Long story short, look at it yourself :D

in general, its a good option if you want something different form Rolex, Patek and other typical reps...

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 15.52.58-min.png

Evering

NAUTILUS NAUTILUS NAUTILUS and nothing else!!!!!!
bored with Rolex reps already, they are everywhere you look around. it seems that these already lost their status of exclusivity. ok, it's a Rolex, so it's a resounding brand. but, at least me, would prefer a nautilus under 40mm rather than Rolex under 40mm. it's far more unique, and it's Patek, which is always the right way to go. no hard feelings, please, Rolex lovers!
don't be so ridiculously;) restricted. you are bored of Rolexes but some people can't get enough. this is all about taste and what people really want to go for.

dailydose

don't be so ridiculously;) restricted. you are bored of Rolexes but some people can't get enough. this is all about taste and what people really want to go for.
feel free to get the millionth rep Rolex in your room... I'd better get smth a little less met that just to be "one more with Rolex"...only if the rep factories would bring something fresh o the table. but they got hardly stuck in models of 3 years old age😒

Where did u get this that only ladies wear cases less than 40mm?))))

Most dress watches are small in comparison to diving, pilot’s, or any other sports) so chill)

I could recommend you the Tissot Le Locle Powermatic 80. I don’t know much about the rep, and I even don’t know if there is a rep for this watch, but either way, the gen version is pretty affordable about 600$, so just like a good rep :DDD

In short, 39,3mm, sapphire crystal, automatic Powermatic 90.111, steel stainless. Technically, nothing special and very likely to millions of other daily watches. But I like the dial and the whole pascal construction. Beauuuuuutiful, with a pyramid-style texture finish. Long story short, look at it yourself :D

in general, its a good option if you want something different form Rolex, Patek and other typical reps...

View attachment 175
beautiful piece, only that the author mentioned he wants a rep, no?!)))

PpiroJookK88735

beautiful piece, only that the author mentioned he wants a rep, no?!)))
so what?))) maybe the author doesn't know what possibilities it has with gens :DDD
From reps, maybe your gonna like the BELL AND ROSS BR VI 92. A little bit vintage, a little bit military. Of all Bell & Ross, that is the one I most like. 38,5 case, 11mm. Though, in reps, there can be insignificant errors in proportions. Seems to match your requirements, not complicated, without millions of functions, which means the movement has to be stable. Give it a try, If your the vintage/military guy ;)
can't thew you a direct link, but here' s the photo of what I refer to, just to sow you what I mean...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 16.29.11-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 16.29.11-min.png
    614 KB · Views: 0

igivente

yes, some ideas :D
If there’s room for other styles than those mentioned above, grab this:

-Tudor ranger m79950 rep. But don’t get the bracelet one, but the strap one. It’s simple but catches with its matte dial, just like most Tudors having some special detail;

-Seiko prospeX Alpinist. Have no idea if it’s available in a replica version though. But I think not, as the gen is more than available even for a schlep;

-Longines heritage military marine Nationale. If you find the rep version, you’re lucky. Looks like a watch God, all striking and sharp, even if its as all the delicate silhouette possible.
Can't tell you much about their reps, as didn't interact with them directly. But, for the less 40mm models, all look fantastic👀🤌

ObeisDexter

yep, have a suggestion for you. Tudor bronze Boutique Edition rep. great 39mm watch. very smooth and delicious physical aspect. I see Tudor has been frequently suggested here, just because it indeed is worth the attention. to Building a good small watch, it needs talent and specific "sense". some brands lose the sense of "calibration" and "balance" in small watches, over-including unnecessary functions and design elements into the dial. Tudor does it all correctly, excluding "too much" of everything, leaving only the color accent to make its job. so nothing of too much and nothing of too little in them. it's a great option. to me, the bronze option looks delicious. you just need a good rep dealer to sell u a good rep

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 15.19.06.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 15.19.06.png
    1,011.6 KB · Views: 0

bagaBOO57335

to not confuse you more with other models than those mentioned here, I'll better share my opinion on those that other users recommended.
I think you should consider one of the following:
-tudor bronze, spectacular color and construction by me;
-oyster perpetual rolex;
-nautilus.

you should choose oe of those. if you target replica versions, be sure that you will get them in a really good quality. rep factories have been continuously releasing improved iterations and the three options look very close to the gen. with other brands, I'm not so sure about the rep quality. the scarcer the factory produces a model, the more "hackwork" it is. so go for frequently iterated models

diaboliquerye

Why don’t u consider an Explorer I black dial 39mm rep? I haven’t got one, but I saw it on my buddy’s wrist. i liked how it looks really. Maybe not the most recent model from the explorer line, but Rolex never goes out of trend, no matter the reference no. His rep was a swiss clone rep version and spent on it abut 1,300$. Too harsh for me that price, but I think aaa reps don’t differ much in the aspect

Sunnybunny

I like a lot the Zenith chronometer open 39mm el Primero strap watch. Actually, the case is 39,5mm, so might be a little unsuitable for you. But if this proportion comforts you, the watch is a beauty. Silver dial with triple-color sub-dials is just looking great. Not sure if you can find it in the replica market, but if you do, you should try it

YuliusMeinl

I’d get myself an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Master Chronometer – 38mm. It’s somewhat close to the oyster perpetual, but has a specific charisma. I like its style, so easy to wear it with jeans, or a casual outfit, or whatever u want.

Just saying)))) in case you don’t resonate much with the black bay Tudor )))