how do i start? how to get a taste?

Memen

I think I'm really happy that I have found this post and this topic.
I was not sure if I really need to join a forum and go on, when Idk if I have a taste at all.
I can't explain how this happened, I just woke up one day and felt like I need to start going for watches. Maybe the idea that I tried recently some of the watches of my friends and I really like the way I felt with them. This brings me some sort of empowerment and something really special. I feel more like a man if you get it. My self-esteem is up, and I rlly need it.
The only thin that I noticed is that I don't know what to do and which one is better, what shape I like or even if it goes go for me..
So... complicated and you can see.
I really really hope that you an help me here. Got to read some of the topics to get some info, maybe I can find more info for me.
Nice to meet ya all.

Gaindred

I was not sure if I really need to join a forum and go on, when Idk if I have a taste at all.
I can't explain how this happened, I just woke up one day and felt like I need to start going for watches. Maybe the idea that I tried recently some of the watches of my friends and I really like the way I felt with them. This brings me some sort of empowerment and something really special. I feel more like a man if you get it. My self-esteem is up, and I rlly need it.
The only thin that I noticed is that I don't know what to do and which one is better, what shape I like or even if it goes go for me..
I really really hope that you an help me here. Got to read some of the topics to get some info, maybe I can find more info for me.
Nice to meet ya all.
Hello and welcome!
Of course, this is a place for you and for everybody.
I don't think that this forum could exists if everybody knew everything about watches. What is the point?
First of all, let me congratulate you on your choice to go with watches. You know what it is not a easy thing to do. There are a lot of details to know and to learn, but once you pass through the first and most important moments of knowing and swallowing the most important things you are going to get to understand everything better, and all of this is going to become easier.

The taste? it is a really tiny and subtle thing. You can create it over time . If you don't know anything about watches, and if you have seen just some of them, maybe this is the actual problem. You need to get to know more brands and models. Here you can find a lot of information. Somewhere in here, you can find some posts about basic information about watches which is really helpful.
My advice to you is to just keep reading. You did a good thing. When you'll get some more info about general stuff, just turn back here and ask what you need to know more.
I suggest you read and take a look at the posts, just to be sure that you're not going to ask the same exact question that somebody else asked earlier.
I hope that I can help you to merge into this beautiful world.

Gloo

Nice to meet ya all.
hi friend, you reminded me about myself.
as you can see I had the same exact problem back in December when i decided to write this here.
As progress in time, I can tell you that now I can totally say that I started to like and have my own taste. I know more about watches and definitely can go on choosing the watch that i would like without any problems.
I'm pretty sure that you are going to do the same.
Just keep on going and asking.
My advice is to read everything here and to spend more time. This is really helpful.

GeorgeClintonBiden

you are thinking too much.... go to a watch store, get what you like, feel the experience and understand what you like and what you don't about it.... you will understand what you match it with and what you lack in it... the next watch should be based on the previous experience. either something with more functions, if that's exactly what you missed, or something of a different style, if the first one wasn't versatile enough....

the idea is that it is impossible to hit the target on the first try... you have to gain personal experience in this hobby. the recommendations here are ok, but they go against your personal style and your personal tastes... loving watches is a unique and personal experience... bro, you have to try something, anything, as a starting point

Eugene

there is no recipe...
just try one and you will draw conclusions...
you can read all possible instructions, but until you make mistakes and draw your own conclusions, you have no way to prepare in advance for this experience. ...
c'mon, it's just a watch. leave room for a potential negative experience and just get over it if it happens...
but I'm sure everything will be fine because the replica watch industry is not as serious as many imagine. just pick a watch and enjoy the experience

Albert

eeemmm... why would you ever start if u don't know where to get the taste from????!!!)))

i mean, if you are not sure that you want to enter the replica hobby, drop it... otherwise, chances are that you will be disappointed and imitations will only cause u distress. replica watches should be viewed as a hobby rather than a guarantee of satisfaction. sometimes, u get great reps, other times you can come across a trash that cuts your taste for anything... so you better stick to usual mass market watches. go to any boutique, inspect whatever watch thoroughly and get yourself one and you're done

DomPerignon

I would start with personal style. try to define your style (if you haven't defined it yet) and get something that fits it. if you wear more black colors, for example, you can start by choosing a black leather strap. take into account the functions you want and need. I recommend not to have something minimalist, you will get bored quickly. maybe with a couple of subdials for the beginning, for added aesthetics...

wear the watch for a while and then you will understand what works and what doesn't. you will understand what functions you lack and what design gaps you have. this way you will understand what you need to upgrade to. The attitude towards watches is gradually being built.

igivente

why would you make things so difficult?! the more you think about it the more twisted u get... just get yourself the first watch you like that more or less resonates to your taste and style... further, things will evolve according to their own course. You will understand what suits you and what doesn't, and you will make changes along the way. It's more difficult when you're thinking of an investment or a heritage watch. But if you plan to change your watches frequently, which is normal with rep watches, you don't have to get too complicated

StevenOhio

if you don't know where to start, start with small steps and start from simple. Begin from the idea that there is no such thing as "I don't have a taste". whatever your choice is, it belongs to you and represents you. so start by strengthening your self-confidence. secondly, c'mon, it's just a watch to choose, not a fiancee to propose for the rest of your life. if u don't like it along the way, you just don't wear it...

If I were you, I would start by choosing something neutral, neither sporty nor too dressy, to be versatile for most styles. you will gradually realize if you like the versatile style of watches or if you want to switch to something sportier, or more formal. I don't know your style, so I can't tell you exactly where to start. that's why I recommend something neutral to start with... below you have some options to think about

also, I would avoid cheap watches, you will get bored of them quickly. if you want to grow in the field of watches, get your first accessory that is a little more than you can handle. you will appreciate it, and it will be remembered as the first expensive watch you have afforded. Also, associate your watch with something. don't limit yourself only to design and functions. Associate it with memories, events, beautiful moments. Thus, it will acquire a greater value for you. For example, "that's the watch I got myself when I graduated". that way, the watch will gain its increased essence and mean something more than just an accessory to tell time... take it one at a time and don't overthink it

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.18.25.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.18.25.png
    696.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.18.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.18.56.png
    596.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.19.05.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 09.19.05.png
    849.7 KB · Views: 0
start with some basic knowledge about watches. give yourself time to study for a while the different styles. formal, military, dress watches, divers, racers, aViator watches, pocket watches etc. therefore, you'll get a basic vision of them and along the way, you'll get to sense what catches u the most. I always thought divers were great replaceable watches' and they really are, but not for me. I thought I'd wear my diver like forever. but I got to the point when I realised it didn't match my daily needs and my lifestyle, so a switched to dress watches that better match and represent my personality. so can do u