How to get away with condensation?

Evecusbaby

Here is a thing that happens to me all the time.. ok not all the time but generally quite often. The condensation problem with reps watches.

I have 3 same Rolexes Daytona from 3 different suppliers, usually i don't do such thing but this time was something that i just couldn't go without not taking into consideration. What is the deal with this thing? Is there anybody experienced the same thing?

The first Rolex that I had looked really cool. Oh yeah good to mention that all the reps are AAA at least this is what they say and look pretty good but after some time i started to notice that during the cold weather the dial gets condensate and this troubles me very much.

I decided to go with another supp to see if maybe i can just order something bad... maybe they are not AAA and just some really bad replica..
My friends suggested me one supplier and i got my second daytona from another supp after some weeks the same thing happened...

The third one from another supplier was the top for me... i just got angry. This happened 1 week ago and i got my Rolex from another different supp. What is happening ? Is there smth that i don't get or this happens to everybody? thank you

Evering

hi this happened to me too, not so long ago but i thought that maybe this is my fault or that it is a normal thing. im so sorry i may not be that informed about watches. good that you bring this up. im interested too.

Racrought

Im sorry about your situation but I don't think that this is ok. I have been in this business for a very long time and this never happened to me. There is one thing that came into my mind when I read about your problem.. maybe just maybe there is a tiny chance that all of your suppliers are just using the same manufacturer and you just got a little unlucky to find the supplier that works with the same manufacturers. This is just a maybe . The thing is that this shouldn't happen normally, especially if it is AAA.

The second version remains the same, you just got 3 of the same Rolexes that are not AAA quality. This can happen. the problems with some replica suppliers can be tough at the beginning.

vAshayaStar

Ouch, that’s a tough one… u definitely need a better TD, and I can feel your pain…I had a similar situation with one of my Heuer reps. Actually, this can happen to gens as well, as far as I understood. Sadly, lost my Heuer because I didn’t know how to handle the condensation issue and it just started to rust inside it. With the following reps, I always do all I can to keep away moisture, even with waterproof reps.
Once I got in the rain, it was heavily raining and I got no umbrella. I got wet in my underpants. When got home, I used my cat litter as first aid. Sounds stupid but it was the first that came to my mind and the only one I had available to rescue my rep. many articles were written about it, but I always thought it was a dumb piece of advice. Still, it worked. It absorbed all the moisture and the rep didn’t show any signs of condensation afterward. The truth is that I kept it there for about 3 days 😂😂😂😂😂😂 but, what else I could do then?

Heard that a hair dryer might help as a quick solution. But never tried it, as don’t have one

on the whole, it's not ok that so many reps you have came with such an issue, especially now, that replica factories promise not only great waterproof profile, but great anti-condensation properties.

I'd suggest you buy from dealers that give you up to 1 month of "testing the rep". I mean they can accept your rep back within one month. perhaps, it would be enough for you see any condensation issues. if there are, just return the watch

###IcySpicY###

Ouch, that’s a tough one… u definitely need a better TD, and I can feel your pain…I had a similar situation with one of my Heuer reps. Actually, this can happen to gens as well, as far as I understood. Sadly, lost my Heuer because I didn’t know how to handle the condensation issue and it just started to rust inside it. With the following reps, I always do all I can to keep away moisture, even with waterproof reps.
Once I got in the rain, it was heavily raining and I got no umbrella. I got wet in my underpants. When got home, I used my cat litter as first aid. Sounds stupid but it was the first that came to my mind and the only one I had available to rescue my rep. many articles were written about it, but I always thought it was a dumb piece of advice. Still, it worked. It absorbed all the moisture and the rep didn’t show any signs of condensation afterward. The truth is that I kept it there for about 3 days 😂😂😂😂😂😂 but, what else I could do then?

Heard that a hair dryer might help as a quick solution. But never tried it, as don’t have one

on the whole, it's not ok that so many reps you have came with such an issue, especially now, that replica factories promise not only great waterproof profile, but great anti-condensation properties.

I'd suggest you buy from dealers that give you up to 1 month of "testing the rep". I mean they can accept your rep back within one month. perhaps, it would be enough for you see any condensation issues. if there are, just return the watch

Not quite sure about your suggestion of returning watches. In most cases, if not in all, no dealer accepts reps back in case they have a water-related issue. Even the warranty doesn’t cover water issues. At least, I know no dealer accepting a replica back with water-related problems.
You can’t prove that you didn’t immerse your watch in water. And in most cases, they blame the customer for not handling and using the watch properly, respecting all moisture/condensation/water recommendations.
So, proving something to the dealer is a dead case, to me.

The problem is big, indeed, and it’s not ok. You either change the dealer again and try to have high-quality reps, in case the previous ones were from the low-medium range. All my AAA reps and above (clones, super clones) never had problems with water-related issues. Maybe you should try, at least once, a high-quality rep, to see how it behaves. After all, anytime we get a new rep, it’s like the Russian roulette

Good luck!

Evecusbaby

If this happens to gens i don't think that is a good thing... i may not know many things about watches but one thing that i heard and know for sure is that if you spot smth like this, mean that the watch is defective. it is a problem that the brand should care about and i think that your money should be returned. im not sure about reps for sure. i know reps can have this prob with you go for cheap, but even AAA reps don't have to have this problem... not even speaking about gens. i cant imagine going with gen daytona and experiencing smth like this.

CoVriGoooU

had similar troubles with one of my Omegas. Do you know? it was the cheapest omega from my collection that underwent the condensation problem. I could only forget the watch in the car during fall and in the morning it was full of mist within the dial. I had to take it to work, put it under the cold air conditioner to dry the condensation away, in short- a full epics
I got in touch with the replica dealer but didn't get much help, tbh. the warranty had expired by that moment, they used this argument to wash their hand, the warranty was only 3 months
the point is that it indeed can be related to the quality of your reps. the cheaper, the more trouble you can expect from it. so, don't think that the cheap price is beneficial. I understood it a long time ago. all the reps I have now are AAA and up. no problems with condensation so far

chip&dale

maybe you should stop exposing your reps to moisture and water?!😁😁😁 sorry, dont intend to offend u, just trying to find solutions for your reps to resist longer...
tbh, I think there is one major problem: these are to AAA reps, in fact. you probably got it from the wrong dealer. mine are also AAA grade, I bought them from the same dealer that was recommended to me by my friends. perhaps, you didn't have the same luck with yours.
and write reviews on all platforms possible about them. let everyone know the dealer to avoid it

PpiroJookK88735

just like I told in another thread, you guys have to be like a pain in the ass for the dealer!!!!
Attack them with millions of questions about the rep, ask for as many warranties as possible, get as many contact details as possible to reach him out if the rep you get is crap!
if they see customers who know a thing or two about rep watches, they don't take the risk to sell trash. at least in most of the cases. of course, it doesn't warranty u total success, but at least you filter them until you get to a dealer that can responsibly sell u a decent rep.

PpiroJookK88735

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
are these problems so frequent????!!!!!!!
I thought it only referred to cheap pieces.....
oh god, it seems that I'll have to keep ol my future reps far away from all that is synonymous to water...🫣🫣
it's not necessarily a frequent issue, but there are risks... just like I said before, what matters is the right dealer...
and yes, would not be a mistake to keep your reps away from water just to keep them safe. But on the other hand, YOU PAY FOR A WATERPROOF watch, why should you keep it away?!
@Evecusbaby would be great to share your experience on stores rating. let people know what sources provide such low-quality reps!

diaboliquerye

have u ever tried to send these watches back to the dealer and ask the money back? I don't know how long it took until the signs of conduction appeared on your watches. but, if it's within the warranty period, you should make a little noise out there in the dealer's office

Sunnybunny

have u ever tried to send these watches back to the dealer and ask the money back? I don't know how long it took until the signs of conduction appeared on your watches. but, if it's within the warranty period, you should make a little noise out there in the dealer's office
this should be taken into account before buying the rep. many dealers fdon't even offer warranty, and if you discover this after you got the watch, you can only say goodbye to it...
so sad about the condensation case... I was planning to get an affordable rep, but from what I see, it seems that I'm gonna have some problems...

YuliusMeinl

this should be taken into account before buying the rep. many dealers fdon't even offer warranty, and if you discover this after you got the watch, you can only say goodbye to it...
so sad about the condensation case... I was planning to get an affordable rep, but from what I see, it seems that I'm gonna have some problems...
you just have to consider all the risks related to cheap reps. if you do, nothing bad is gonna happen.... if you know your watch is sensitive to moisture and condensation, you just don't keep it in a moisturised environment...🙄🤷‍♂️

petrucho^^

you just have to consider all the risks related to cheap reps. if you do, nothing bad is gonna happen.... if you know your watch is sensitive to moisture and condensation, you just don't keep it in a moisturised environment...🙄🤷‍♂️
yeah, right..... like the condensation isn't possible with only wearing the watch during a humid air.... or how about those who live near the sea/ocean? there is always increased humidity in the air and condensation is highly likely especially with moderate down changes in temperature....
the problem here is the lack of responsibility of the rep dealers, not in how you keep your rep watch... if they promise water resistance profile, then the watch should be water resistance... you pay for that...

Karim

maybe get yourself a gen cheap watch?! :):):) u keep spending money on reps and each time u get a trash... maybe you just can't find a TD and that's a sign to consider a Tissot, invite, etc...
to make myself clear, having nothing against reps, but these should always be bought form TDs, otherwise it's a waste of time, nerves and cash...

CuriousGeorge

maybe get yourself a gen cheap watch?! :):):) u keep spending money on reps and each time u get a trash... maybe you just can't find a TD and that's a sign to consider a Tissot, invite, etc...
to make myself clear, having nothing against reps, but these should always be bought form TDs, otherwise it's a waste of time, nerves and cash...
not always an authentic watch is the solution... I previously had an authentic Shinola Runwell Station Agent and it gave me more headaches than my cheap (and good) replica. even if it had a Swiss mechanism and the watch seemed to be quite good and reliable according to many users.

EACH TIME when it rained outside, I would arrive home with it all condensed and with fog inside. I took it in for service several times and the same problem always appeared until the details inside started to rust....I live in London, the rains are inevitable...so a genuine watch does not guarantee no problems...rather I would try to change the dealer, and wait for other releases... many times, a certain release is MIGHT COME WITH errors, and the later ones have the errors removed

FleurDeLis

I read the comments and I am horrified by how evil you are...🤨🤨🤨🤨🤨🤢😖😖😖😖😖
I personally would do it in the following way: I would only take replicas if the dealer undertakes to receive the watch back WITH MONEY REFUND if I detect the first signs of condensation. so you have to think about how to avoid the problem before it starts, rather than how to solve it after it has already appeared 😢😢😢😢.

thank goodness - I never had such problems with my watches...

StevenOhio

once the watch starts to condense, it means that it will always be sensitive to this issue. nothing will help you, unless you take it to repair center to check the gasket and the entire system that ensures the ergonomics of the watch

all these procedures like drying with a hair dryer, putting the watch in rice :D are useless