Tudor Submariner Snowflake Vintage- a Holiday choice!!!

Suchispost

Folks wanted to talk with you about this amazing Tudor Submariner Snowflake masterpiece. Not so long ago I started to think about a watch that is going to be suitable for the Christmas holidays. Weeeeeell when there is Christmas time I always indulge myself with something new on Christmas holidays. This is a cool idea to elevate the Christmas mood and of course what can be better than offering yourself a treat to make yourself feel better? For me is pretty important to indulge myself at the end of the year. After a long year of work, there must be something that you can do to praise yourself. For me, every year is a new vintage watch or a watch that can remind me about Christmas and the holidays.
The past Christmas for me was the Rolex Datejust Oysterquartz with a beautiful blue dial. This year I decided to go with Tudor.

During the entire year I was thinking about this model the Snowflake, and somehow every time I used to find articles or information about this model, over and over again. The design is from 70s and looks pretty good. Tudor introduced renewed model on the market and this is quite normal. when a model is highly demanded usually the brand makes everything to promote it and make a good remake for the same model. I love the vintage model. it looks really cool and adds some sophistication. snowflake can totally remind you about some Rolex models.

When a watch comes with a cool history, it is even better and easier to love it. When the snowflake model was realized, it became even more required than the Rolex subs vintage models. There are a lot of similarities between the brands but at the same time, there are a lot of differences.
What is a shame is that a lot of snowflake models have been destroyed when used by drivers, and other people that use to practice aggressive sports. This is a normal thing, you can expect to have all the watches preserved over time. There are a lot of things that can happen to them.
The amazing blue bezel is the most important part of the watch. If you look at the watch you can see that there are two types of colors. The dial is deepened in dark blue and the bezel is a lighter blue.
Looking objectively at the watch, you can totally say that there is nothing specific or unusual about this model. Personally, I always thought that there is beauty in regular things and that you need to pay a lot of attention to minimalist details to understand how cool the watch actually is.
The first model was realized in 1968 and to find a good one today is hard but not impossible. For watches like this.. you need to be quick because they are sold out in a blink of an eye.

These are watches that are worth any money. If you can good for a good original vintage watch you can always be sure that after some years the watch is going to be even more valuable than before.

Here is a photo for you to see the model. I'm curious to know if any of you do the same thing during Christmas time and what other models you prefer. You never know how sharing something that you dream about can provide a good inspiration to other people. Plus I would like to add some other models to my Christmas wish list.

Attachments

• tudor-submariner-94110.jpg
    tudor-submariner-94110.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 2

Racrought

I know what you mean by Holiday feelings. Is not like I do the same thing as you do but I really think that it is an amazing opportunity and a good idea to do. Vintage watches are a little bit expensive so I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to go with a new Vintage watch every Christmas but the idea is good.
You talked about the Tudor watch and the name of it I think that influenced your decision to purchase it. Of course, the blue colors always play with our minds.So if you go for a blue christmas the model is cool and i really like it.
When I so the Snowflake model i remembered about one vintage rolex that I really like and wanted. Yep is that submariner that you talked about and maybe it is a cliche to say that i would like a rolex submariner but the gold case and bracelet is what influenced my decision.
Yellow Gold Submariner Ref. 16618 is a good model and i really think that is going to be an amazing Christmas watch.
The blue Christmas is persisting - similar to the Tudor model with a blue bezel and blue dial. Even the indexes and window that indicated the date are similar but the gold is more familiar to me. Maybe it is related to the fact that all the decorations in our house even from my childhood were gold and blue. Strange really? Some melancholy things really influence our decision.
If yo speak not only about the Christmasy style I can say that i love the functions. The chronometer function is always something that I have appreciated and used so it is cool.

The original price for this vintage model is about $32000. This is a lot of money. I can't say that it is not worth it but for now, this model is just a dream for me. Maybe some Christmas holiday is going to bring me this joy. 🤞

Attachments

• 90.jpeg
    90.jpeg
    506.5 KB · Views: 1

Gaindred

Hey Heyyyy guys, I'm a new member of this community and honestly, this is the first post that i have seen and decided to read :D. im the kind of person that is going to judge the community by one single post that im going to open randomly. dont pay attention im just a weird guy with a weird attitude. what matters to me is that here people love watches and talk bout them all the time. this is all that matter no?

i love both models here, tudor is amazing and rolex is too. well for me they are similar, of course there are some differences but not that essential. if someone ever ask me which one to choose between the 2 weeelllll this is going to be hard as they are similar. when watches are similar is hard and when watches are different is even harder:D
during my short life i have been interested in watches. not to lose my modesty but my company is doing good so thankfully i can go with all the watches that i want :D. Not that i can buy millions of watches that cost a fortune but for sure can go with a watch when i want it.

if you started to talk bout vintage and bout watches that reminds you of Christmas, here is mine.

Universal Genève Compax
Ref. 885108 Exotic Nina Rindt

If you don't know what I'm talking about just check it. This baby is amazing and surprisingly I got it for Christmas 2 years ago. God damn it I love it. look at the colors especially if you are found in Christmas colors. this is the exact super baby watch that can be different from rolex and tudor. this is the one model that you can switch to is you don't want to go with the same models all the time or you want something different. guys i just love it. Okay okay, it cost about $27 000 but it was worth it. the year of production is the 60. so can you imagine how happy i was when i found it. for sure Nin Rindt is one of their best models. i was lucky enough because the watch looks new and has no signs that ia has been used. the original price was $28000 but i traded it :D im good at it.

didn't get the original box but fuck it, was not that important. the case 36 mm so not that big but not small. Looks cool on the wrist and so sophisticated this is kind of a sexy watch:sneaky:. it is a stanless steel, my fav model. i go with gold too buy stainless steel feels to be more for me.
the universal Geneve-modified chronograph caliber movement is even sexy. all the time i hear Geneve there is nothing that i need more:giggle:

No more words just look at it.

Attachments

• 25088888-bs9zvu7ozlx8aqlwqfrevpr7-ExtraLarge.jpg
    25088888-bs9zvu7ozlx8aqlwqfrevpr7-ExtraLarge.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 1

Wervelf

I don't know if my comment here counts as long as I'm a woman and I'm totally going to add some woman models here,but you never know maybe it is a good idea to share. Christmas holidays are made for family time and present time.. the best time :D so maybe you would like to consider one of the model's ideas that i have for someone that you love. so please consider my preference, i really want to share it.

I didn't consider this idea before to get spoiled a little bit for the Christmas time, but you know? this is a really good thing to do, especially if you achieved something good this year. As I have achieved some of the best goals in my life to lose my extra weight i think that i may consider the idea to buy one of these models. i would like to go for gens but i can say for now that it is possible to do it :D anyway, here are the models.

This one is a dream of mine for many many years .. the one and only
Patek Philippe Yellow Gold And Diamond Ladies Bracelet Watch Ref. 4128/1j
It is vintage and i think that i can be classified as a watch for Christmas time. The way it looks feels so jolly :D . I know that the genuine version costs a lot of money it more than $20000. It is a lot of money but I think that it is totally worth it.
It is a 18k yellow gold with a diamond circle. Take a look at the form of the bracelet, it can't be compared to other models out there, and the thing that excites me the most is that it was made in 1973 and there are just a few left. Few of this models that can be worn today and looks good.

The dark blue dial is what adds more Christmas feelings, although I think that something like red and dark green can go cool with this one too.

The second one is Rolex Day-Date 36 President 36mm 18038 Silver Diamond Dial Bezel is amazing too. It is less expensive than the Patek Philippe model but still looks pretty cool. The indexes with diamonds look cool and o love that there is a combination of gold and white for the indexes diamonds. The bezel is fully covered with diamonds too.. i always love the diamonds on the bezel, makes it look luxury and the way it shines at the sunlight, can't even be compared with anything else.
The gen costs someth about $12000. It is more affordable for me than Patek PHilippe but honestly I love the Patek model more.
This one was produced in 78, and there are still fewer models left in good appearance and looking healthy. It is a Day-Date so it can offer info like time and date but such a watch is enough. the only thing that I'm not that fond of about this watch is the 36 mm case. For me it is too small, i love big shaped watches, and this is why i have a lot of men's watches in my collection. Still... can't deny that the model is truly amazing.
Who knows maybe someday I'll have the opportunity to have one of those. If there is going to lest one intact :D

P.S: sorry for the long post

Evering

omg, this is my fav post. i am really in love with vintage watches and i think that i can talk about them all the time.
if our subject today is more about Christmas and vintage watches related to this special holiday there are few models that i remember thinking about how cool they can go on Christmas eve.

The first one is Wittnauer and Elgin Skin Divers. I have seen some interesting info about this watch and of course, it looks pretty christmassy. look at the colors green and red it is something typical for Christmas.
I know that it is a dive watch and the functions are supposed to be used like for very well purposes but wouldn't it look good? it is pretty simple and the most important thing is that this one is affordable you know? cool thing.

The second one is the Zodiac Sea Wolf 1781W i pretty love this watch. i know that you are going to say that the watch is more for summer time but i don't think so, although i heard this so many times i think that there is something festive about the watch. i don't know why but this specific model always reminds me of tangerines.. what a Christmas without tangerines? I hope that i did the same to you.. im actually sure that after this you are not going to look at this watch the same way, this happened to my friends too :D

take a moment to appreciate the acrylic bezel of the watch, so good and frosted like some sweets :D
and i love that they decide to go with grey and orange for a combination. im so tired of all this black and orange or black and red ... this grey just accentuates the colors. anyway looks pretty sure on the wrist, sophisticated and glamorous. trust me.

Suchispost

I know what you mean by Holiday feelings. Is not like I do the same thing as you do but I really think that it is an amazing opportunity and a good idea to do. Vintage watches are a little bit expensive so I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to go with a new Vintage watch every Christmas but the idea is good.
You talked about the Tudor watch and the name of it I think that influenced your decision to purchase it. Of course, the blue colors always play with our minds.So if you go for a blue christmas the model is cool and i really like it.
When I so the Snowflake model i remembered about one vintage rolex that I really like and wanted. Yep is that submariner that you talked about and maybe it is a cliche to say that i would like a rolex submariner but the gold case and bracelet is what influenced my decision.
Yellow Gold Submariner Ref. 16618 is a good model and i really think that is going to be an amazing Christmas watch.
The blue Christmas is persisting - similar to the Tudor model with a blue bezel and blue dial. Even the indexes and window that indicated the date are similar but the gold is more familiar to me. Maybe it is related to the fact that all the decorations in our house even from my childhood were gold and blue. Strange really? Some melancholy things really influence our decision.
If yo speak not only about the Christmasy style I can say that i love the functions. The chronometer function is always something that I have appreciated and used so it is cool.

The original price for this vintage model is about $32000. This is a lot of money. I can't say that it is not worth it but for now, this model is just a dream for me. Maybe some Christmas holiday is going to bring me this joy. 🤞
That's a classic for sure and fine art. Considered it some years ago but somehow forgot about it. It is somehow good to remember added to my list for sure. Thank you

Suchispost

The second one is the Zodiac Sea Wolf 1781W i pretty love this watch. i know that you are going to say that the watch is more for summer time but i don't think so, although i heard this so many times i think that there is something festive about the watch. i don't know why but this specific model always reminds me of tangerines.. what a Christmas without tangerines? I hope that i did the same to you.. im actually sure that after this you are not going to look at this watch the same way, this happened to my friends too :D
How in the name of God I didn't observe this model? :oops: that is actually amazing and pretty unusual. I don't know why but there are some good brands on the market that I constantly forget about their existence. Somehow it turned out that lately all the info and curiosities about watches were around Rolex, Panerai, Tudor, Amadeus, and brands like this that are easier to recognize.
Somehow I forget to check on brands that are not that commented to thank you.
After this mention here... i don't even know if I'm going with the snowflake :ROFLMAO: you turned my curiosity on... and i can't switch it back.

I just looove the color, it is so hard to find similar models. the combination with grey.. you are right. This gray is so unusual, make me screaam 🤩 i can't even explain to you how cool the orange looks. I was always into watches that can offer something different and you totally nailed it. Thank you bro. 🤜🤛

Youncesomed

Folks wanted to talk with you about this amazing Tudor Submariner Snowflake masterpiece. Not so long ago I started to think about a watch that is going to be suitable for the Christmas holidays. Weeeeeell when there is Christmas time I always indulge myself with something new on Christmas holidays. This is a cool idea to elevate the Christmas mood and of course what can be better than offering yourself a treat to make yourself feel better? For me is pretty important to indulge myself at the end of the year. After a long year of work, there must be something that you can do to praise yourself. For me, every year is a new vintage watch or a watch that can remind me about Christmas and the holidays.
The past Christmas for me was the Rolex Datejust Oysterquartz with a beautiful blue dial. This year I decided to go with Tudor.

During the entire year I was thinking about this model the Snowflake, and somehow every time I used to find articles or information about this model, over and over again. The design is from 70s and looks pretty good. Tudor introduced renewed model on the market and this is quite normal. when a model is highly demanded usually the brand makes everything to promote it and make a good remake for the same model. I love the vintage model. it looks really cool and adds some sophistication. snowflake can totally remind you about some Rolex models.

When a watch comes with a cool history, it is even better and easier to love it. When the snowflake model was realized, it became even more required than the Rolex subs vintage models. There are a lot of similarities between the brands but at the same time, there are a lot of differences.
What is a shame is that a lot of snowflake models have been destroyed when used by drivers, and other people that use to practice aggressive sports. This is a normal thing, you can expect to have all the watches preserved over time. There are a lot of things that can happen to them.
The amazing blue bezel is the most important part of the watch. If you look at the watch you can see that there are two types of colors. The dial is deepened in dark blue and the bezel is a lighter blue.
Looking objectively at the watch, you can totally say that there is nothing specific or unusual about this model. Personally, I always thought that there is beauty in regular things and that you need to pay a lot of attention to minimalist details to understand how cool the watch actually is.
The first model was realized in 1968 and to find a good one today is hard but not impossible. For watches like this.. you need to be quick because they are sold out in a blink of an eye.

These are watches that are worth any money. If you can good for a good original vintage watch you can always be sure that after some years the watch is going to be even more valuable than before.

Here is a photo for you to see the model. I'm curious to know if any of you do the same thing during Christmas time and what other models you prefer. You never know how sharing something that you dream about can provide a good inspiration to other people. Plus I would like to add some other models to my Christmas wish list.
this one is good, i didnt know about its existence. i think that i may try this one.

i see here a lot of potential watches that i can buy :ROFLMAO: i feel like i found the Pandora's box which is full of amazing watches. way to go folks 👏
👏👏👏👏👏

Hich40

I think that this Snowflake model is a good one. It looks good, simple with basic but at the same time, additional functions which is good if you are looking for such a watch. |Even so if you go for a watch that is actually a model related to Christmas time and you want to embrace the holiday, I think that the watch should be a little bit more complicated.
some months ago i was gasping for a model that is actually pretty good and appeared this year from Patek Philippe. i was wondering when this watch is going to pick its moment and how it is going to work. seems like this post finally created a specific correlation between that model and when and why you should pick it. to make you understand better, it is a kind of model that actually looks amazing but you know for sure that you are not going to wear it on a daily basis. i mean, i think that you may be really found about such watches to go with this model like day by day:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm talking about the Grand Complication watches of 2022 from PF. Especially that one with blue gems on the bezel. i don't know what you think about it but the watch is totally made for holidays. just look at the size, the gems, and even the width of the case. hypothetically you can go with this one for daily use but i think that you are going to feel bored after some time. psychologically i can have an influence over future perception of the watches. the simple classic-styled watches are not going to please you anymore. so this model is absolutely amazing. i don't mean that it is not worth it, it is totally worth it. but i just wanted to underline this detail that seems to be important... to use the watch on special occasions. this way you preserve the watch magic and at the same time you are not going to get bored.

this one in blue with double lined gems on the bezel looks perfect as christmas gift and of course for holidays. first of all the blue gems are totally related to christimas as we already talked about this here;););)
the gems on the lugs and crown are amazing, those in transparent gems that shine well with light.
the black dial is amazing too.I think that some of you think that is a little bit ichy to have dark colors for a watch that is Christmas related but i feel it is good enough. you can also go with the full white transparent gems for the bezel and case but this one is more related to Christmas, i think.

Attachments

• 6300_401G_001_1.jpg
    6300_401G_001_1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 0

Wervelf

Cool I like this one actually! I think it looks good... for sure would like to have one, just waiting for reps actually :D
I think that this Snowflake model is a good one. It looks good, simple with basic but at the same time, additional functions which is good if you are looking for such a watch. |Even so if you go for a watch that is actually a model related to Christmas time and you want to embrace the holiday, I think that the watch should be a little bit more complicated.
some months ago i was gasping for a model that is actually pretty good and appeared this year from Patek Philippe. i was wondering when this watch is going to pick its moment and how it is going to work. seems like this post finally created a specific correlation between that model and when and why you should pick it. to make you understand better, it is a kind of model that actually looks amazing but you know for sure that you are not going to wear it on a daily basis. i mean, i think that you may be really found about such watches to go with this model like day by day:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm talking about the Grand Complication watches of 2022 from PF. Especially that one with blue gems on the bezel. i don't know what you think about it but the watch is totally made for holidays. just look at the size, the gems, and even the width of the case. hypothetically you can go with this one for daily use but i think that you are going to feel bored after some time. psychologically i can have an influence over future perception of the watches. the simple classic-styled watches are not going to please you anymore. so this model is absolutely amazing. i don't mean that it is not worth it, it is totally worth it. but i just wanted to underline this detail that seems to be important... to use the watch on special occasions. this way you preserve the watch magic and at the same time you are not going to get bored.

this one in blue with double lined gems on the bezel looks perfect as christmas gift and of course for holidays. first of all the blue gems are totally related to christimas as we already talked about this here;););)
the gems on the lugs and crown are amazing, those in transparent gems that shine well with light.
the black dial is amazing too.I think that some of you think that is a little bit ichy to have dark colors for a watch that is Christmas related but i feel it is good enough. you can also go with the full white transparent gems for the bezel and case but this one is more related to Christmas, i think.

Murge

when you ask me if god exists i always say that look at the watches that he created. or maybe better just to show this
The Breitling vintage chronograph co-pilot.765 Avi, don't tell me it is a masterpiece.
yes god exists!:love:

i think i got the right post, a good one for the Christmas holidays.

Evering

when you ask me if god exists i always say that look at the watches that he created. or maybe better just to show this
The Breitling vintage chronograph co-pilot.765 Avi, don't tell me it is a masterpiece.
yes god exists!:love:

i think i got the right post, a good one for the Christmas holidays.
agree man🙌
🙌🙌