Fluted or smooth bezel Rx Datejust

Encantadore59935

hello everybody
I just wanted to know your opinion about the bezels in the Datejust reps. I'm thinking of getting one soon. it seems that I found a reliable TD and would give it a try... I had RX reps before but never a DATEJUST. I am curious to know which of the bezels are ok for you. I notice that the collection has fluted and smooth options. Both look very good, but I don't understand which is more practical and durable. In particular, I would like to know if the smooth ones do not deteriorate over time and if they have scratches on them. As for the fluted ones, how are the teeth around the bezel circumference made? I mean, if they are uniform or not, if the serrations are identical, or maybe they have some flows in execution... I would like the opinion of those who have already bought these watches. from those who don't have it, I'd like to know your opinions about which of the bezels comfort you more aesthetically.

specifically, I'm looking for a replica, that's why I'm worried about the flawless execution of the bezel...
thanks for any insight and for sharing...

Marvel

very good question, I will follow the answers...
I had the same dilemma, it's true that I wasn't specifically looking for the datejust models, but either way, I faced it too....so I couldn't decide, and I chose an Omega rep CERAMIC bezel 😂😂😂

but, the idea of getting a fluted one day doesn't really seem to give me peace, so aesthetically, I prefer fluted. though, admittin that would probably wear it occasionally, as I dont see it like versatile much for the everyday wear. but just for my peace of mind, id be grateful to have this guy in my watch collection

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 09.34.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 09.34.20.png
    727.7 KB · Views: 0

Drinky

aesthetically-fluted, form the comfort point-also fluted.
and I say it from my own experience. it doesn't matter if it's rep or not, but any stainless steel bezel tends to get minor scratches over time. it's smth natural and inevitable, also. so, the fluted one hides minor scratches much better and is not so noticeable.... and yes, it looks much more gorgeous and temperamental.... I think that smooth ones are more for the minimalism followers

Maric

aesthetically-fluted, form the comfort point-also fluted.
and I say it from my own experience. it doesn't matter if it's rep or not, but any stainless steel bezel tends to get minor scratches over time. it's smth natural and inevitable, also. so, the fluted one hides minor scratches much better and is not so noticeable.... and yes, it looks much more gorgeous and temperamental.... I think that smooth ones are more for the minimalism followers
agree on that..... if you're looking for durability, go with the fluted one... from all the reps I've seen, the execution is quite nice and neat... it's true that I've only interacted with high -quality reps, so cannot say much about the low quality ones... so, if you plan a good rep, I think you won't screw it up

Rochdale

you should start with what exactly you are looking for in your datejust rep. arguably, fluted ones have more temperament, severitiy and "seriousness", if I can say so... these have a stronger character in other words.... so, if that's what you're looking for, great choice than. keep in mind that it does not make sense to spend money on a watch that contradicts your style and you will keep it in your wardrobe just because it is handsome.... the watch must align with your inner sense and lifestyle so that you wear it often and you enjoy it

BusyAsHell

and yet, id go with the smooth one.,, that flashy look pisses me off...i see these watches fitting adult people, but as for youth, it's way too much flash in them....though, I have to admit that the fluted resistance is way much higher that in the smooth ones

PreciousJohn

I also line up with smooth ones... and I don't mind the appearance of sctraches over time. first of all, they can be treated with the help of a professional. secondly, scratches, after all, are part of the design of a watch and its resistance over time... so no worries about that at all

Grigio

and yet, id go with the smooth one.,, that flashy look pisses me off...i see these watches fitting adult people, but as for youth, it's way too much flash in them....though, I have to admit that the fluted resistance is way much higher that in the smooth ones
might look flashy when you don't know how to choose it correctly. if you choose a datejust with bright dial colors and too busy functions and markers, of course it will look too flashy. But if you calibrate its design and choose, say, a datejust with clean white dial and roman hour markers to minimize its design, everything looks very balanced. in such a case, the fluted bezel would be the main aesthetic accent, while the dial- just a nice-looking background.... calibration!!!! look for calibration ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 09.52.34.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 09.52.34.png
    342.3 KB · Views: 0

StatusQUO

very well pointed out @Grigio , indeed everything revolves around the idea of balance... and the fluted datejust indeed is much more severe when paired with a jubilee bracelet... at least for me, it's too much... but the option with a neat dial, roman markers and an oyster bracelet- ABSOLUTELY STUNNING, MODERN, YOUTHFUL, AND GORGEOUS

HahREF5583468

I resonate with both options, actually. both have something special in themselves. so, in that case, I would draw attention to other aspects of the replica watch, for example water resistance, or the internal mechanism. I would go with the one that is technically better

Encantadore59935

I resonate with both options, actually. both have something special in themselves. so, in that case, I would draw attention to other aspects of the replica watch, for example water resistance, or the internal mechanism. I would go with the one that is technically better
it won't help you much) the TD offers me 2 technically identical models, only with small design differences including the one of the bezel)) technically, both are swiss-ran reps with 50 m WR. the only difference is the price, the fluted one is $50 more expensive, but I don't mind this fact)

dancerINTHEdark

every time I take my accessories and complex stuff, I regret a little later. this is because I get tired of "that specific too much of something" in them, and I always think that I should have opted for the more minimalistic version... so, I have the impression that you will also quickly get tired of the fluted bezel, and it will seem too flamboyant after a while... it's better to be less than too much aesthetic..., with the smooth version you will have the impression that you can't get enough of it. the smooth version comforts me better. and it seems way more versatile and casual, fitting every type of style, occasions, and environments. the fluted one requires more selectivity in the environments you go with it on, imho

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.07.26.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.07.26.png
    691.9 KB · Views: 0

Cincinnati

not sure about it..... though, the fluted one looks much more elegant and sophisticated... if you put them together and do a side-by-side comparison, the smooth one looks so mediocre. no one will even understand that you are wearing a luxury watch, even if it is a replica. with a fluted one, it's hard to remain unnoticed because the watch comes out immediately and looks very expensive and luxurious. I don't see the point of giving money for just a "regular" watch. if you decide to go with a rolex, get one that corresponds to the status

HorsePower

you said that you still have Rolex reps... are they smooth or fluted bezels? if you already have something smooth, of course you have to go for fluted this time. vary the collection of watches you have... if you instead have something fluted, then go for the smooth one... it's just that simple...

adore both options, put a gun to my head- I'll pick the fluted one

Moderatto

replicas can have any flow you want, but I've never seen factories screw it up with the execution of the bezel, maybe the ones I've seen so far look good, maybe not perfect and ideal, but pretty decent. the serrations are executed qualitatively, and finished nicely, they are very pleasant to the touch. everything is uniform on the entire circumference of the bezel, so I don't think you will be dissapointed. as for the smooth ones, of course sctratches will appear on your rep bezel. and this is not because it is a replica, but because all stainless steel cesses do it. small scratches inevitably appear even on a genuine rolex, someone said it before and I completely agree... I hope that your TD will be a good guy and deliver your rep to your expectations ;)

p.s: the pic is a real rep, borrowed from ny close buddy to show u that reps have pretty nice fluted bezels, as u can see )))))

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.22.11-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.22.11-min.png
    517.5 KB · Views: 0

Ocean BLUE

replicas can have any flow you want, but I've never seen factories screw it up with the execution of the bezel, maybe the ones I've seen so far look good, maybe not perfect and ideal, but pretty decent. the serrations are executed qualitatively, and finished nicely, they are very pleasant to the touch. everything is uniform on the entire circumference of the bezel, so I don't think you will be dissapointed. as for the smooth ones, of course sctratches will appear on your rep bezel. and this is not because it is a replica, but because all stainless steel cesses do it. small scratches inevitably appear even on a genuine rolex, someone said it before and I completely agree... I hope that your TD will be a good guy and deliver your rep to your expectations ;)

p.s: the pic is a real rep, borrowed from ny close buddy to show u that reps have pretty nice fluted bezels, as u can see )))))
gorgeous😍😍😍
but still be careful, because different factories produce fluted bezels differently. some make sharper teeth, others more rounded. it would be best to ask for a photo from your so-called Td, to confirm that it really looks good...
as for the type of bezel, I would go for fluted. aesthetically, it comforts me a lot and I love this design. I wouldn't pair it with jubilee bracelet though, it seems a bit too much for my introverted spirit. so a fluted bezel with an oyster strap is more than enough)

DBP

wanna lil bit of show-off?- get a fluted one
want resistance and durability? - get a fluted one
wanna just a luxurious piece without calling on too much attention? get a smooth one. but get prepared to treat it frequently as scratches will follow you like a nightmare

Myryopod

oh, and where did u get that marvellous TD? had been emailing some rep stores recently and seems like all of them are ignoring me, no reply, no nothing...

YupyLuk

guys, guys, guys.....

there's no such a thing of "which one is better". you must understand that both are optimal depending on the prerogatives of the one who wears the watch.
those who resonate more with the classic and dressy style will opt for fluted bezels. yes, it is true that it is flashier, but that is its purpose - to talk about aristocracy and status. everything that talks about it is always flashy.

the smooth version is for those who follow a more contemporary style, with an emphasis on comfort and versatility more than aesthetics. it is precisely from these perspectives that the comments in this thread flow.

in my opinion, both are beautiful and serve specific purposes. everyone has to decide what they want in their watch
look at the both pics, each of them has its specific beauty. the fluted one- is gorgeous die to the decorative bezel. though, the second- has the neatness and accuracy of the bezel and its finish as its strong selling point. @Encantadore59935 go with the flow according to what your spirit says to u

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.35.59-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.35.59-min.png
    487.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.41.58-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 10.41.58-min.png
    496.6 KB · Views: 0