Best Vintage Rolex that you have

Evering

Supppp guys. I'm a newbie here, and I'm a newbie in this watch world. well, i always loved watches. my grandpa was a huge vintage watch lover and he always wanted to collect the best of them. unfortunately, my grandpa passed away a few years ago, and i don't know why, buy now... right now, about 2 months ago or so, i woke up one morning feeling like i have to collect some vintage watches the way my grandpa did.
i remeber him and his collection of watches, but i was too little to understand what kind of watches he was collecting. i remember him telling me something about Rolexes. but thats it. i dont know what kind of Rolexes, the models, or collections.
the thing is that when i grew older i started to live in another country with my wife. i saw him just a few day before his death the last time and we didnt talk about his collection of watches.. normally i wasnt interested at that time. my grandpa stopped collecting watches almost 10 years before his death. he got paralyzed and coldnt do it.
anyway, today i feel like ill be able to do this and the most important thing is that i would like to do it. i would like to be like my grandpa, to know every single watch, and to know its history. i remember that he was so in love with the watches that were able to tell everything about them. i don't know if he was a prof. but the only thing that i remember is that he was able to take care of them by himself.

i know that this is a huge thing. of course i know quite nothing about watches, but the first rule that learned by reading all the things on the internet is that you have to take good care of them, and properly have them cleaned.
I would like you to help me to find the best vintage Rolexes that i could start my collection with. my grandpas was only about vintage, but i would like to collect all kinds of watches. my first step is to commemorate his memory and to start with some vintage watches. i don't have enough money for it so im going to replica. if you have any advice im going to be really happy. thank you

Racrought

Supppp guys. I'm a newbie here, and I'm a newbie in this watch world. well, i always loved watches. my grandpa was a huge vintage watch lover and he always wanted to collect the best of them. unfortunately, my grandpa passed away a few years ago, and i don't know why, buy now... right now, about 2 months ago or so, i woke up one morning feeling like i have to collect some vintage watches the way my grandpa did.
i remeber him and his collection of watches, but i was too little to understand what kind of watches he was collecting. i remember him telling me something about Rolexes. but thats it. i dont know what kind of Rolexes, the models, or collections.
the thing is that when i grew older i started to live in another country with my wife. i saw him just a few day before his death the last time and we didnt talk about his collection of watches.. normally i wasnt interested at that time. my grandpa stopped collecting watches almost 10 years before his death. he got paralyzed and coldnt do it.
anyway, today i feel like ill be able to do this and the most important thing is that i would like to do it. i would like to be like my grandpa, to know every single watch, and to know its history. i remember that he was so in love with the watches that were able to tell everything about them. i don't know if he was a prof. but the only thing that i remember is that he was able to take care of them by himself.

i know that this is a huge thing. of course i know quite nothing about watches, but the first rule that learned by reading all the things on the internet is that you have to take good care of them, and properly have them cleaned.
I would like you to help me to find the best vintage Rolexes that i could start my collection with. my grandpas was only about vintage, but i would like to collect all kinds of watches. my first step is to commemorate his memory and to start with some vintage watches. i don't have enough money for it so im going to replica. if you have any advice im going to be really happy. thank you
Hello, nice to meet you.

First of all, welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie here too. I think that you are going to like it. People are friendly and the most important thing is that everyone is helpful. I think that you found the best forum here.
Secondly, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel and I felt the same way when I lost my grandparents.
Quick question before we go further. Why can't you go though your grandpa's collection to see what kind of Rolexes he had? I think that this is going to easy your process of searching. Besides this, you can actually add your grandpa's collection to your new one. Don't let the collection vanish, it is going to be really sad. Greetings

Evering

Hello, nice to meet you.

First of all, welcome to the forum. I'm a newbie here too. I think that you are going to like it. People are friendly and the most important thing is that everyone is helpful. I think that you found the best forum here.
Secondly, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel and I felt the same way when I lost my grandparents.
Quick question before we go further. Why can't you go though your grandpa's collection to see what kind of Rolexes he had? I think that this is going to easy your process of searching. Besides this, you can actually add your grandpa's collection to your new one. Don't let the collection vanish, it is going to be really sad. Greetings
hey nice to meet u too. thank you for your word.
i think i wasnt clear enough. i told you everything except the fact that when my grandpa got paralyzed he decided to donate his entire collection to one of his friends. i know nothing about this friend and my grandma told me that she doesnt remember who was it 🙈 poor grandma is old too.
of course it would be better to have the collection, but unfortunately i was not that interested when i was younger. i think that it wouldnt happened if my interes started a little bit faster...

Racrought

hey nice to meet u too. thank you for your word.
i think i wasnt clear enough. i told you everything except the fact that when my grandpa got paralyzed he decided to donate his entire collection to one of his friends. i know nothing about this friend and my grandma told me that she doesnt remember who was it 🙈 poor grandma is old too.
of course it would be better to have the collection, but unfortunately i was not that interested when i was younger. i think that it wouldnt happened if my interes started a little bit faster...
Got it. It is really bad that you didn't have the opportunity to see and take your grandpa's collection. Anyway, if you are interested in replica watches, there are some models that you can start with. You have to take it easy because it is not that easy to find the best one. Of course you can go with the first one that you find but it is going to be better to study the supplier first. As you can see, the first thing to do is to find the supplier that you can afford and love. during some time you are going to see that there are different kinds of suppliers and qualities for replicas. I always been for AAA quality replicas but it not enough to go on a site where you can see the AAA inscription for replicas. A lot of them can be scammers or can promise you AAA quality of the product which is not true. Don't worry if you can't find it at the beginning. Trust me everyone here has experienced at least once how it feels to be scammed. Lower your expectancy at the beginning till you find the supplier that you like.
There are some parameters that help beginners to find the best replica watches online.
Here on the forum, you can find some posts that can help you to understand how to spot good replicas from bad replicas. In the beginning this is going to help you to minimize the bad influence of cheap replicas.

If you already have the supplier you can start your journey. The easiest way to start a collection of watches is to go with a brand that is the most popular on the market. Usually, brands like Rolex or Omega are being replicated for a really long time. This is why is hard to be scammed. Rolex is a watch that I think has been studied the most. The chances that you are going to find a bad replica is lower. Plus... I think that the first watch has to be a Rolex... is like an opening of something important. Even rich people started to love watches always starting with Rolex.

Here is an idea for your purchase. If you are okay to start with Rolex, here is a vintage model that is easy to find. I have been looking through my collection, and I think that you are going to like this one. Besides this.... as a first watch, is going to look really great.
Rolex Oyster Perpetual vintage is one of the best. Oyster Perpetual is a model that you simply are going to adore.. trust me.
It's a 38mm case, which is not that big, but it looks good on the wrist. It also depends if you want to use it. In case you want to use it on a daily basis, than you should definitely go with AAA quality. The vintage edition that you may find online usually comes in fabric strap. There is a possibility to find it in faux leather, and if you are lucky enough you can even find in real leather, but this is really rare.
I don't actually know how many colors variations for dials you can find but for sure the black dial with stainless steel case is one of the most popular and easy to find.

you can see in the photos the one that I have. I really love it. In case you don't like the Arabic indexes for hours, there is a possibility to find a simple index without Arabic or roman numerals. I think i have seen some vintage models.

I don't know your taste, so tell me what do you think?

Attachments

• rolex-1018-36-mm-explorer-dial_360_911c489c957603c15e7579d91d6850c5.jpg
    rolex-1018-36-mm-explorer-dial_360_911c489c957603c15e7579d91d6850c5.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 0

Evering

Got it. It is really bad that you didn't have the opportunity to see and take your grandpa's collection. Anyway, if you are interested in replica watches, there are some models that you can start with. You have to take it easy because it is not that easy to find the best one. Of course you can go with the first one that you find but it is going to be better to study the supplier first. As you can see, the first thing to do is to find the supplier that you can afford and love. during some time you are going to see that there are different kinds of suppliers and qualities for replicas. I always been for AAA quality replicas but it not enough to go on a site where you can see the AAA inscription for replicas. A lot of them can be scammers or can promise you AAA quality of the product which is not true. Don't worry if you can't find it at the beginning. Trust me everyone here has experienced at least once how it feels to be scammed. Lower your expectancy at the beginning till you find the supplier that you like.
There are some parameters that help beginners to find the best replica watches online.
Here on the forum, you can find some posts that can help you to understand how to spot good replicas from bad replicas. In the beginning this is going to help you to minimize the bad influence of cheap replicas.

If you already have the supplier you can start your journey. The easiest way to start a collection of watches is to go with a brand that is the most popular on the market. Usually, brands like Rolex or Omega are being replicated for a really long time. This is why is hard to be scammed. Rolex is a watch that I think has been studied the most. The chances that you are going to find a bad replica is lower. Plus... I think that the first watch has to be a Rolex... is like an opening of something important. Even rich people started to love watches always starting with Rolex.

Here is an idea for your purchase. If you are okay to start with Rolex, here is a vintage model that is easy to find. I have been looking through my collection, and I think that you are going to like this one. Besides this.... as a first watch, is going to look really great.
Rolex Oyster Perpetual vintage is one of the best. Oyster Perpetual is a model that you simply are going to adore.. trust me.
It's a 38mm case, which is not that big, but it looks good on the wrist. It also depends if you want to use it. In case you want to use it on a daily basis, than you should definitely go with AAA quality. The vintage edition that you may find online usually comes in fabric strap. There is a possibility to find it in faux leather, and if you are lucky enough you can even find in real leather, but this is really rare.
I don't actually know how many colors variations for dials you can find but for sure the black dial with stainless steel case is one of the most popular and easy to find.

you can see in the photos the one that I have. I really love it. In case you don't like the Arabic indexes for hours, there is a possibility to find a simple index without Arabic or roman numerals. I think i have seen some vintage models.

I don't know your taste, so tell me what do you think?
Thank u for the info. Actually is good to know.
The model that u shared is a good one. i think that i have seen somethin like this in my grandpas collection. not sure but i think so.
going on with ur question about indexes, i love it more without arabic or roman numerals. if im able to find it that way it is going to be a pleasure for me, it not than i think that the model on the pic is good too.
if there are any other models that u know from R ( vintage) please share.
rolex is the only brand that i remember from my grandpas collection so i think that im going to start with some vintage rolexes. Thank u

Racrought

Thank u for the info. Actually is good to know.
The model that u shared is a good one. i think that i have seen somethin like this in my grandpas collection. not sure but i think so.
going on with ur question about indexes, i love it more without arabic or roman numerals. if im able to find it that way it is going to be a pleasure for me, it not than i think that the model on the pic is good too.
if there are any other models that u know from R ( vintage) please share.
rolex is the only brand that i remember from my grandpas collection so i think that im going to start with some vintage rolexes.
I'm really happy that you liked it. I'm going to think about others, as soon as I got some new info, I'm going to pass it on here.
You can start with this one for now. As I told you is not that easy to find a good replica, so start your searchings. Hear you soon!