PAM 968 Submersible Help

bombonio

Hey there everyone. Just found this replica watch forum and by lurking around I have noticed that there are a lot of people who seem to have the knowledge and may help me with my question regarding my replica Panerai PAM 968 Submersible watch. Hope you can and will help me.
Well, this is my first replica watch, never purchased any replica watches before but I've always dreamed about a Panerai PAM 968. I just really love its bold and royal style. Considering that the prices are outrageous for the original timepiece while it seems that there is a great deal of people saying that replica watches are worth it, I decided to give it a shot and get the replica PAM 968 one. Since this is my first replica watch ever, I'm not very sure if I should get it to a service first. I mean, the watch isn't even here yet, it should arrive the next week but I'm going on a holiday trip the next week too. I would really love to wear my new watch during the trip and I would really love to have it working.
So finally, my question is - how do you guys find the replica watches when you get them? Do you need to service them immediately? How's water resistance? I mean, I understand that we shouldn't be swimming with replica watches, but would it be resistant if splashed a little bit? Is Panerai amongst the "good" replica versions? Thanks. Hope I won't be disappointed.

Racrought

Hello and Welcome. Congrats on your decision to go with replica and don't worry after some time you'll get there.
Talking about the issues mentioned let me tell you the most important thing to remember, the first thing is to go with a good replica AAA quality if you want it to function properly and to have no problems. If your watch is AAA and you are sure about this then for sure there is no need to take it somewhere besides your trip ;)
about the water resistance I don't recommend testing it. Yep, generally, they have to be resistant, at least a little bit.. but better not to try. The splash is not a problem, barely a splash is not a problem even for a watch that is not water resistant. tell us later about your experience

JareD

hi, i'm also a beginner on this replica forum site and i'm pretty sure you weren't asking me those questions, moreover, i'm also having no experience with that specific watch model either so maybe that's not what you were searching for.
nevertheless, i do have a few replica watches (including pams) that gets splashed every once in a while without issues but what i was really wanting to say is that i wouldn't take any of the watches in the water without having a pressure test first. in fact, that's even if talking about genuine watches.
Anyway, most of my rep watches are watertight. however, i never had the guts to take my pam reps in water. for whatever the reason i feel like as if they wouldn’t take it. I guess that’s because you’re relying on the quality of the seal that is made by the crown guard mechanism.

I also can guess that i never had the gut to take pam reps in water because i had a genuine pam and tbh, none of the replicas are feeling as tight and secure as the real one. to be honest, this is one of the reasons why i consider tha pam replica watches are actually among the least likely to be watertight from factory. that’s why your post got my attention. anyway, by no means i’m trying to say that this is true, i could very well be wrong about that. I hope i am actually

bombonio

wow, thanks guys for your help. I knew that I would get help here. fast responses is what I really appreciate a lot
the first thing is to go with a good replica AAA quality if you want it to function properly and to have no problems.
yeah that's what I realized when purchasing a replica watch that's why I had to pay a bit more for this watch than for other replicas out there.
The splash is not a problem, barely a splash is not a problem even for a watch that is not water resistant.
didn't know about that. thanks. i used to think that even a bit of water on a non water resistant watch could seriously damage it. you know.. as if you're splashing water on a non water resistance phone.
tell us later about your experience
just waiting for it to arrive. really want to have a Panerai on my wrist.
however, i never had the guts to take my pam reps in water. for whatever the reason i feel like as if they wouldn’t take it. I guess that’s because you’re relying on the quality of the seal that is made by the crown guard mechanism.
well, I guess I'm not going to test that either. thanks a lot for your reply.
i consider tha pam replica watches are actually among the least likely to be watertight from factory.
I sure hope you're wrong there. LOL. I've always been a Panerai fan and I've had the money to get genuine. Gotta go with the replicas that I hope will be of good quality and at least some water resistance.

JareD

wow, thanks guys for your help. I knew that I would get help here. fast responses is what I really appreciate a lot

yeah that's what I realized when purchasing a replica watch that's why I had to pay a bit more for this watch than for other replicas out there.

didn't know about that. thanks. i used to think that even a bit of water on a non water resistant watch could seriously damage it. you know.. as if you're splashing water on a non water resistance phone.

just waiting for it to arrive. really want to have a Panerai on my wrist.

well, I guess I'm not going to test that either. thanks a lot for your reply.

I sure hope you're wrong there. LOL. I've always been a Panerai fan and I've had the money to get genuine. Gotta go with the replicas that I hope will be of good quality and at least some water resistance.
For sure they are good quality if you stick with AAA reps. There are rarely known moments when AAA watches are bad. If we talk about Panerai this is a really asked and desired brand on the replica market, so usually, manufacturers care bout their reputation and work to offer the best version ever.
It is not sure if the watch is going to be water-resistant. Generally, AAA reps are working on the best option model which includes water resistance if it is necessary. But this is hard to say because you never know if it works or not. Generally, it doesn't have to create problems but it is better not to try.
The water splash thing is actually a little bit different. If you go by splashing it all the time it can also certainly create some inconvenience. Better watch out.

CoVriGoooU

Hello, Pam lover

Congrats to your new rep and your new pam. That’s a pretty good choice. I also am the owner of a Pam rep, it’s a Pam 111 model. I have to calm you down, as they behave pretty decently. Mine has preserved the same case finish as in the beginning, and it already has about 7 months, wearing it about 3/4 times a week.

The only shortcoming I have spotted is that I have to wind it every year, as it’s an automatic movement. Even so, it doesn’t resist for more than one day, on the next day, it just won’t work if I don’t wind it manually. It is driven by an Asian clone 6497. Shows the time with no errors. It doesn’t look as beautiful as the gen piece, as it lacks decorations. So, it’s not the most cosmetically-great movement, but since the caseback is solid, I have no problems with its physical condition. What really matters to me is to work well, and it does.

It’s an aaa rep, by the way. The dealer told me it was water-resistant for up to some meters but I really don’t remember exactly. In fact, I never get my reps in water, even if they are waterproof. But, the daily splashes, rain, and washing my hands without immersing m watch in water, didn’t affect it so far. So enjoy

dailydose

since you leave soon after receiving the rep, I wouldn't recommend you take it into water. so many issues can appear. and if something goes wrong, you won't be able to explain it to the dealer that it was faulty from the fabric. every dealer refuses to service a rep once he hears that the customer has dropped a single drop of water on it, plain ming that it's the customer fault. `so, better, keep it away from water. And you'll see how it works on the go.
Also, if it's a mechanical piece, you can visit a repair store to make sure that the expert winds it correctly for the first time. some reps might have trouble with first windings, until it starts driving the whole system within it. If it/s a quartz, I dont see much necessity in servicing it. only that avoid water

Don’t know much about this 968 Submersible Pam, but a friend of mine got a 1288 submersible pam recently. Some of the rep factories have recently released it and my friend decided to give it a try. He’s also a fan of Panerai but wasn’t pretty much satisfied with the reps he had before. when we talked the last time about his previous reps, he always was complaining about either they looked ok, but had a creepy movement, or vice versa were running well, but had a terrible look and very many errors in design. Either way, his last rep, 1288 I mean, seems to be pretty ok so far. Its 44 mm Is indeed 44 mm, unlike the previous models that were different in size, even if the dealer promised him identical proportions. He told he was amazed by the brushing of the case, nice looking 316 l steel material, and a great super clone P900 movement. He says he only relies on this m movement in his reps. Previously, also had issues, but this time, all seems flawless.

The truth is that he doesn’t take his reps to water as he is afraid, even if the dealer says they are waterproof. I don’t think you have to service your rep for now. Just monitor it closely to see if all functions well. And also, don’t get it to water, my advice