Preparing for 2023! Any ideas?- Brands I never heard of!

Evecusbaby

Hello, guys, and Happy New Year to all of you watch lovers. First of all, let me tell you how thrilled I am that I started to spend a lot of time here on this fantastic forum. Thanks to you, I can find more information to help me with my feature acquisitions. I'm pretty sure that every single one of you is feeling the exact same thing about this forum. I'm thankful for your posts and your kindness.

Today I started to think about my list of watches for 2023. This became a tradition for me at the beginning of the year. I take my time and spend some time searching on the internet to find the best alternative ever. This is why it is so extremely pleasant to talk to you right now. Now that I have spent some time finding some of the watches that I would like to start hunting for, I decided to share them here and of course with your help yo add some new ideas to my list.

My research this year started with the idea to find watches that are available in price and of course can offer you some quality perspectives. To make you understand better, I have never interacted with these brands and I don't really know what to expect. What I read on the internet seems to be pretty pleasant for your ears and eyes, even so, I need to consult you guys.

The first one is the Lunar Pilot Black dial NATO Strap from Bulova. According to the internet, it will cost you about $425. Pretty good price for a genuine watch.
All the features incarnated for pilots can be useful for some people. Honestly, i decided to go with this one because it is a basic watch that actually can be a good one for everyday use. The black dial and stainless steel bracelet and case are everything. The only true question is if it is going to last for a long time... If you use a watch every day, for sure it has to be resistant to all the adventures that you are passing on a daily basis.

About the brand Citizen.. i don't know I have never heard of it. The design is what makes me so excited and the price... well, is good but concerns me a little bit. It costs about $255. This is a really cheap price for an original watch. I have replicas that are double this price and I don't know what to think. Well, is not the fact that I'm going only for cheap genuine, of course not. But i would like to find more info about this model. Promaster DIVER Black DIal Ruber Strap. Looks a little bit more complicated than the previous one but I would like to have it on a daily basis. What do you think? Is there someone who actually had some of these models from these brands? please help!

JareD

hey friend, the good idea actually, the list at the beginning of the year. although you know what.. there is one interesting thing.. im going to change the list a lot of times, i know for sure... :D i know it because it is actually the way i am. i never know what to do and how to act.

about the citizen watch. this one i know. it is actually a pretty normal watch if you are okay with middle-quality models. what i want to say is that for a genuine watch, it looks pretty odd. it is that type of watch that it is enough to take a glance to understand that is not an expensive one. and trust me is not about the brand name, is about the look. so if it is ok for you, you can totally go for this one.

Gaindred

citizen is a commune brand that goes like a helper actually. this is the kind of brand that was made for people that want to go for gens and just don't have enough money for brands that are recognized worldwide as the best of the best. still, you know you can dig a little bit deeper just because there are other models that you can love from citizen.

as a new years resolution for me, i kinda find a watch that i can't even explain why but i want it. it is a Tissot Seastar 2000 Professional owermatic 80. you can consider this one if you like it.
1673526342704.png
the only thing is that it is a little bit more expensive. you can find it at $995 per original. so it is a genuine one which is good. besides this, we are talking about Tissot. it is totally worth adding some additional $$$ to have a much better watch, but it is up to you.

honestly, i can't explain why but it like it. this one is totally a watch for summertime, and think that im going to enjoy it during my summer trips. im totally in love with the price of this model.

CuriousGeorge

Lucky u to have found the Bulova at that price…. I was considering it some months ago, and most sources offered it to me at about 600$… in the end, I opted for another watch…

What I liked about it was actually the design. Something reminding me about the Speedmaster that I just adore. Also, the nato strap couples well with the bold design. Though, this is specific for almost all Speedmaster-like watches with nato straps… what retained me from getting it was actually the legibility. To me, the chronograph minute subdial looked too hard to read, even if the overall black-and-white contrast look pretty readable.

Also, the price for a quartz movement drew me back from taking it… now it seems the price has dropped down

Karim

I have been carefully following Citizen's recent activity. I don't know why, I didn't really take this company seriously before...
but I want to tell you that the models that it launched recently raises the brand from medium to high level, at least according to my standards

I would opt for Citizen. even if the watches are cheap, the quality does not compromise at all. And you can trust Citizen mechanisms. And don't be afraid of this brand. Ig has a history of 100 years. So, managed to gather enough experience to make good, and more than that, affordable watches

carRacer638854

I have been carefully following Citizen's recent activity. I don't know why, I didn't really take this company seriously before...
but I want to tell you that the models that it launched recently raises the brand from medium to high level, at least according to my standards

I would opt for Citizen. even if the watches are cheap, the quality does not compromise at all. And you can trust Citizen mechanisms. And don't be afraid of this brand. Ig has a history of 100 years. So, managed to gather enough experience to make good, and more than that, affordable watches
Bulova is even older that that:D

either way, some say that the mechanisms of decades ago were far more reliable than today's Bulova watches, others say that if this watch cracks, there's nothing you can do about it, as no repair master ever gets to service it. Warranty too short, service too poor. and the quartz mechanisms are said to run out of service very quickly, even f the compny promises at least 2 years of battery life. and the price you mentioned its way too high for the quality it promises...

Citizen is far more unlikely to cause u such issues!!!!!!

Evecusbaby

Lucky u to have found the Bulova at that price…. I was considering it some months ago, and most sources offered it to me at about 600$… in the end, I opted for another watch…

What I liked about it was actually the design. Something reminding me about the Speedmaster that I just adore. Also, the nato strap couples well with the bold design. Though, this is specific for almost all Speedmaster-like watches with nato straps… what retained me from getting it was actually the legibility. To me, the chronograph minute subdial looked too hard to read, even if the overall black-and-white contrast look pretty readable.

Also, the price for a quartz movement drew me back from taking it… now it seems the price has dropped down
weird... now I feel confused, does this mean that is something wrong with the model that I found? I mean.. I am happy about the price but I don't like it to be something bad quality. I can pay another $300 in case it is much better. This is the question. The thing is that I know nothing about Bulova, if this is not the normal price that I should go for, at least I would like to know about it.

Evecusbaby

Bulova is even older that that:D

either way, some say that the mechanisms of decades ago were far more reliable than today's Bulova watches, others say that if this watch cracks, there's nothing you can do about it, as no repair master ever gets to service it. Warranty too short, service too poor. and the quartz mechanisms are said to run out of service very quickly, even f the compny promises at least 2 years of battery life. and the price you mentioned its way too high for the quality it promises...

Citizen is far more unlikely to cause u such issues!!!!!!
So, better to go with Citizen instead? Is not a big problem which one, just to know that at least I'm going to make the right choice. Both of them look cool enough, the thing about quality and preservation through time is another question. 🤔

Sannater

It depends on what you mean by available prices.
During all the years I have seen so many different things about available prices that it feels weird today.
For example one of my friend's available price is $5000. I don't mean $5000 one in a year, cause maybe one in a year is not such a big deal. It is just like for me available reps is about $600. I can go with 5 reps for $600 a year. If it is more expensive for sure the quantity of the watches that I'm going to be able to buy during the year is going to be lower.

If available for you is around $500, $600, then there are some models to consider.
You can go with Junghans, i don't know if you heard about it but it is pretty cool, especially for daily use. Of course, is not the best of the best and can't be compared with watches from worldwide highly recognized brands, but are good for the price. You can take a look at Form C with a white dial. As far as I know, it comes in two different color options for the bracelet, black and brown. If you are more about black, the final version of this model is going to be suitable for daily use. don't know for sure, but if I'm not wrong it is about $500.

I'm really curious to know why brands that you never heard of. For me is better to go with reps from brands that you know of.

Evecusbaby

It depends on what you mean by available prices.
During all the years I have seen so many different things about available prices that it feels weird today.
For example one of my friend's available price is $5000. I don't mean $5000 one in a year, cause maybe one in a year is not such a big deal. It is just like for me available reps is about $600. I can go with 5 reps for $600 a year. If it is more expensive for sure the quantity of the watches that I'm going to be able to buy during the year is going to be lower.

If available for you is around $500, $600, then there are some models to consider.
You can go with Junghans, i don't know if you heard about it but it is pretty cool, especially for daily use. Of course, is not the best of the best and can't be compared with watches from worldwide highly recognized brands, but are good for the price. You can take a look at Form C with a white dial. As far as I know, it comes in two different color options for the bracelet, black and brown. If you are more about black, the final version of this model is going to be suitable for daily use. don't know for sure, but if I'm not wrong it is about $500.

I'm really curious to know why brands that you never heard of. For me is better to go with reps from brands that you know of.
Thanks for the suggestion, a new one that i have never heard about. It is not that I'm concentrated on finding weird brand watches that nobody knows about. I just want to have something genuine but I don't have enough money for it... so I thought that actually, this can be a good choice. I have some good reps for the same money, but ok... decided to try this method.
Thank you for the model

Youncesomed

you can go with a Hamilton Khaki Field Murph 38mm.
It is not that it is a brand that is unknown for sure. I think a lot of people know about Hamilton but in this case with this specific model you can have a win-win situation. it is a pretty good brand and besides this the price for this model is amazing. you can find the genuine one at the max of $900. in some cases you can even go cheaper for example during holidays there are always sales for models like this one. Try it. The second reason i think that the model looks exactly like you want it. On a daily basis, it is pretty cool.
1673951832791.png

Sannater

It is not that it is a brand that is unknown for sure. I think a lot of people know about Hamilton but in this case with this specific model you can have a win-win situation. it is a pretty good brand and besides this the price for this model is amazing. you can find the genuine one at the max of $900. in some cases you can even go cheaper for example during holidays there are always sales for models like this one. Try it. The second reason i think that the model looks exactly like you want it. On a daily basis, it is pretty cool.
View attachment 217
This one is pretty good but it seems to me that it will be a little too expensive for @Evecusbaby - anyway what is your max budget limit?

Evecusbaby

View attachment 217
I like this one is pretty good. Got to think about it

Gaindred

View attachment 217
yheeeeep old good Hamilton. Judging by a lot of models that they actually have and the things that i have analyzed of them for a long time, i can clearly say that they have been underrated. a lot of their models are actually pretty cool and seem to be accurate. of course, they can't be considered high class or ever compared to Rolex of brands like Patek, but for sure newbies can benefit a lot from them.

especially when you don't have enough money for other brands you can go with a good brand and still enjoy your watch.
Not so sure about people that are always about high-class brands. They are never going to accept brands like this.

Evecusbaby

@Gaindred it is good to know this. actually, this is pretty amazing to know that such brands exist. Brands that can be available for a large community. You know, sometimes you want to have a watch that it is actually original even if it is not that known. This is the feeling that i got recently.. even if honestly i was pretty sure that it was impossible to find something. Thank you for the information.