Rubber Strap Maintenance

BusyAsHell

Hello everybody,
just got a precious Submariner replica on a rubber band. Was wondering if the maintenance of the rubber strap is somehow different. It's the first watch with a rubber strap and no idea how to care about it properly. Does it need care and cleaning in general? Thank you

Steve

why do you think it shouldn't?) I haven't had any watches with rubber bands, but I assume that they also get dirty, soak up sweat, are exposed to dust... so, I intuit that periodic cleaning is also a must. It's just that I don't know how those guys who have such bands do it... so, I'm following this topicโ˜๏ธ

CityBreak

First of all, the rubber band of a replica watch is not much different from a regular rubber band like many other watches... so, I don't see why they would need different treatment...

Secondly, yes, rubber bands also need frequent cleaning and maintenance. think that you use it mostly on sporty tasks and active days. So, exposure to sweat is more than with a traditional watch. At the same time, dust and dirt soak into the rubber and give off a specific smell...

I don't use extraordinary cleaning methods. warm water, shampoo, or liquid soap, and gentle rubbing on the entire surface. what matters is to clean it from time to time, but the solutions and methods are secondary

GeorgeClintonBiden

try not to clean it for a certain period of time ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ you will see what a bad smell it emits and what dirt stains can be seen on the material ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ if you are not willing to clean it periodically, you better not buy a rubber band ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ especially a light colored one)

they require maintenance and cleaning. I use a cotton cloth and a soft toothbrush. For whitening, I can add a little baking soda. It helps very well

Perpetual

I have no experience with rubber bands, but my girlfriend wore an Apple watch with a light-coloured rubber band. if she didn't clean it periodically, it would become very dark in color from dirt, and it would also take on the color of her clothes. blue spots, for example, or green... once a week she cleaned it with warm water, a little vinegar and a little baking soda. The strap cleaned perfectly with this mixture. It's a traditional method, but a helpful one "")

Perpetual

those who use baking soda: this ingredient is a bit abrasive. Does it not irritate the material?
If you dissolve it in water with vinegar, it is no longer abrasive. It is important not to put being soda directly on the band and rub it with pressure. In this case, you will surely damage the material. it is better to remove the strap from the case and leave it in the solution for a few minutes. The solution softens the dirt very well and there is no need to rub it excessively

Grigio

don't overcomplicate yourself. If you wash it about once a week, it's more than enough to keep it in new condition for a long time. I have a Carrera CV2014 rep for some time with mint rtubber strap and maintain it weekly with lukewater and soap. It is more than enough to keep sweat and dirt away so that it does not damage the structure. the important thing is to be consistent and everything will be fine

HahREF5583468

some sources indicate that you still need to lubricate the rubber strap with special oil to keep it elastic from time to time. This would help prevent it from drying out if it is often exposed to sweat or perspiration. On the other hand, someone says that it is best to use silicone lube to prevent drying... so idk if it is enough just to clean it of dirt...:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Myryopod

I have a rubber band watch and I have never lubricated it with anything. I didn't even protect it from the sun somehow. I used it the way I always use watches, cleaning it from time to time. It is still viable today without being dry))) it is already more than 4 years old)

SwInEIGh

When I got my first watch with a rubber band, I was sure that I had escaped the maintenance procedures. Indeed, it is a very versatile material and less capricious than leather bands, for example. however, over time I understood that this kind of strap also needs maintenance. At least one cleaning once a week is a must. I lead an active lifestyle and I noticed that after dynamic activities during the day, the rubber band has a specific smell. Like it or not, this material soaks up the sweat in itself. It needs to be cleaned. In addition, light-colored rubber straps become dirty at the edges if you do not clean them. So, treat it the same as the other watches, because it needs it

RoyaInk

I had only one rubber strap in my life and I promised myself that I would never have another one

mine was light-coloured, almost white. It has darkened around the edges over time and no solution helped me restore its original color. I tried all possible solutions. These were effective only short term. Maintaining the rubber band has become more of a frustration than a pleasure. And I mention, as a rule, I love to take care of my watches and clean them frequently. So, I quit the idea of having a rubber band. those who love them, wish them gut luck ๐Ÿ˜

HorsePower

I found some Watch Rubber and Leather Care solutions in the industrial store near the house. The solution cleans my rubber strap very well and I don't use other methods because I'm afraid of damaging it. According to instructions, the solution removes impurities, lubricates, hydrates, and doesn't impact the rubber structure or color. I did not notice any side effects. I've been using it for more than a year for the maintenance of my rubber strap. So far - satisfied

Ethan

any watch needs maintenance, even a rubber strap one... i've got an iwatch with rubber strap for a couple of years, with a white cream rubber strap. if I hadn't taken care of it, it would certainly look ugly and dirty... I regularly remove it from the watch, soak it in lukewarm water and process it with liquid soap. nothing special, but it looks good to this day

Eugene

sorry, rubber not my type of strap.. the color changes over time and no solution can bring it back no matter how hard u try. obviously, if u choose a black strap, things would be much easier... either way, the ss comforts me much better in terms of comfort and maintenance

StevenOhio

I have an apple watch with a rubber strap. I don't do anything special to maintain the rubber. I just wipe it with wet wipes often. I have been wearing the watch for about 4 years and so far, everything is ok

Cinar73967

regular cleaning and that's all I do with my rubber straps. and lemme tell u i have tons of them as rubber straps are my number one choise in watches... had only a couple that i ordered from some chinese stores. crap, total crap. but the rest of them are durable, resistant, keeping their color and had never had major issues with them. a good-quality rubber strap is very easy to maintain. i do it at home by myself. a little liquid soam, something like water and that's it

SpiceEric

only once did I have rubber strap went my watch. never had issues with that, only thing bothering is that I can't wear it with any of my outfits. my job requires a more formal style ao I use it with my casual outfits only... didn't have any issues with maintenance as well. I only clean it in home conditions wiping it with a clean cloth and soap Luke water... can't imagine another way to maintain and treat it

Nobbing

There are plenty of watch rubber and leather care products. why not just try one of them? these work very fine for me, the rubber gets some extra gloss and hydration. didn't have issues so far and I don't clean the strap other than that. seems like decent products for a very fair price