super clones vs AAA-grade reps

Fisher

hi guys,
Just wanted to share my experience. I have been wondering for a long time what is the difference between a Super Clone rep and a AAA-grade one. I tried to look for answers on websites and forums, but I always came across unclear and ambiguous information. Finally, I decided to do my own experiment and saved some money to buy the same watch model in Super Clone version and AAA version.

It is about the Rolex Day Date 40 model, it is not exactly a new model. But I thought that if I managed to catch a good imitation of the 2, it would be a good opportunity to add a legendary watch to my collection...

Long story short: here are the conclusions we reached between the 2 quality standards.

1. I don't see any difference in weight and dimensions. Both the super clone and aaa-rep Rolex are identically heavy and identical in case and bracelet dimensions.

2. The Super Clone model is made of 904l stainless steel. the AAA-grade one- from 316l grade SS. Any difference? No difference, guys. Finally, I see with my own eyes that the 2 types of SS really do not make a big difference in watches. With a good finish, I don't see any major difference in the 2 materials. Maybe the stainless steel grade makes the difference when it comes to massive constructions. But if it's just a watch, 316l will superbly and totally do, it really doesn't make sense to overpay for the material

3. There IS a difference in the dial. the Super clone is more careful in execution, a more sophisticated and meticulous detailing, and a color much closer to authentic. The AAA-grade one has a nice blue dial, but it is a shade lighter than the original model. So, as far as I can tell, the AAA-grade reps are "entitled" to small design flaws compared to the Super Clone ones

4. the internal movement
here is the place where the aaa-grade super clone watch is best highlighted. however, that of the super clone is much closer to the genuine watch. obviously it has small errors in engraving and refinement, but still, it is very similar in construction and architecture. the AAA-grade one is completely different. the watch works well, I have no functional problems, but the movement is not at all like the genuine one. is a common one. So, the aaa-grade is a great watch, overall, but DON'T show ITS movement to anyone)))

Hope it helps for when you oscilate between an aaa-grade and a Super Clone rep)

thank you so much for this detailed review. I always face the dilemma between replica watches chinesse, japanesse, super clones, aaa-grade,,, etc... really, exactly as you say, there is a lot of information on the internet about this, but most of it does not correspond to reality ...

I never dared to make a comparison between 2 replica watches of different standards... - I probably lacked the courage... but thank u for clarity... it is very useful to know

yes, useful indeed...

I already knew that the 316 and 904 ss doesn't make any real difference in watches.. they appear almost the same. I had many watches from 904 and 316 ss and I did not feel the difference in practice. Maybe in aircrafting, this material really matters. but for a watch, - no big deal.

It;s more about marketing and an argument to tag a higher price than real value.

Also, glad to know that AAA-grade reps are already in the same size and weight as super clones and gens.. A few decades ago you could easily spot an AAA-grade watch just by its super lightweight

thanks for sharing

SpiceEric

it's a good insight, really...

however, I think you were lucky to have a good dealer who sold you exactly what you wanted. Unfortunately, there are many stores that sell "super clones". But when you receive the watch, you understand that it's actually an A-grade rep at the price of a super clone... that's tragic

So, one question remains unsolved: how to spot such dealers and how to avoid coming across one of those?!

Cinar73967

it's a good insight, really...

however, I think you were lucky to have a good dealer who sold you exactly what you wanted. Unfortunately, there are many stores that sell "super clones". But when you receive the watch, you understand that it's actually an A-grade rep at the price of a super clone... that's tragic

So, one question remains unsolved: how to spot such dealers and how to avoid coming across one of those?!
it would be better to buy from trusted dealers, by recommendation

also, if you end up getting an A-grade rep instead of a Super clone, you must request a refund. BUT, you have to think about this BEFORE PLACING THE ORDER!!! MAKE SURE THE DEALER ACCEPTS REFUNDS BEFORE YOU PURCHASE THE WATCH, NOT AFTER ;)

MiracuLuis

hi guys,
Just wanted to share my experience. I have been wondering for a long time what is the difference between a Super Clone rep and a AAA-grade one. I tried to look for answers on websites and forums, but I always came across unclear and ambiguous information. Finally, I decided to do my own experiment and saved some money to buy the same watch model in Super Clone version and AAA version.

It is about the Rolex Day Date 40 model, it is not exactly a new model. But I thought that if I managed to catch a good imitation of the 2, it would be a good opportunity to add a legendary watch to my collection...

Long story short: here are the conclusions we reached between the 2 quality standards.

1. I don't see any difference in weight and dimensions. Both the super clone and aaa-rep Rolex are identically heavy and identical in case and bracelet dimensions.

2. The Super Clone model is made of 904l stainless steel. the AAA-grade one- from 316l grade SS. Any difference? No difference, guys. Finally, I see with my own eyes that the 2 types of SS really do not make a big difference in watches. With a good finish, I don't see any major difference in the 2 materials. Maybe the stainless steel grade makes the difference when it comes to massive constructions. But if it's just a watch, 316l will superbly and totally do, it really doesn't make sense to overpay for the material

3. There IS a difference in the dial. the Super clone is more careful in execution, a more sophisticated and meticulous detailing, and a color much closer to authentic. The AAA-grade one has a nice blue dial, but it is a shade lighter than the original model. So, as far as I can tell, the AAA-grade reps are "entitled" to small design flaws compared to the Super Clone ones

4. the internal movement
here is the place where the aaa-grade super clone watch is best highlighted. however, that of the super clone is much closer to the genuine watch. obviously it has small errors in engraving and refinement, but still, it is very similar in construction and architecture. the AAA-grade one is completely different. the watch works well, I have no functional problems, but the movement is not at all like the genuine one. is a common one. So, the aaa-grade is a great watch, overall, but DON'T show ITS movement to anyone)))

Hope it helps for when you oscilate between an aaa-grade and a Super Clone rep)
great insight, agree, but i'd like some pics on the table... you could have posted just 2 pictures that explained better than all the content you have exposed here )))) we don't always choose the easy way, aint we?)

still, some pictures wouldn't confuse.. I'm curious to see the visual difference

StevenOhio

soooo, are you trying to say here that AAA-reps are not much inferior to Super Clones? What is the price difference between the 2 watches you bought? is it worth or not overpaying for the difference?

Fisher

great insight, agree, but i'd like some pics on the table... you could have posted just 2 pictures that explained better than all the content you have exposed here )))) we don't always choose the easy way, aint we?)

still, some pictures wouldn't confuse.. I'm curious to see the visual difference
I'm not at home, once i do get there - I post some pics right away ... sorry, I was sure I had attached them...

Fisher

soooo, are you trying to say here that AAA-reps are not much inferior to Super Clones? What is the price difference between the 2 watches you bought? is it worth or not overpaying for the difference?
depends! the price difference between the 2 reps is $350. in my opinion, it is not worth paying this difference. The only major difference is the internal movement which looks better in super clones. But since I don't stay to watch the mobvement like ... never.. I don't see why I should pay some 300$ extra... so, an AAA-grade rep for me is toootally fine. slightly different dial color is not a big issue for me

but if your expectations from a replica watch are high, then the $350 makes sense.

Albert

it would be better to buy from trusted dealers, by recommendation

also, if you end up getting an A-grade rep instead of a Super clone, you must request a refund. BUT, you have to think about this BEFORE PLACING THE ORDER!!! MAKE SURE THE DEALER ACCEPTS REFUNDS BEFORE YOU PURCHASE THE WATCH, NOT AFTER ;)
you are soooo demn right when you say about TDs professionalism... I had the great misfortune of finding a Chinese supplier who promised me Swiss Clones of the highest quality, and I believed him. I paid around $600 for a "Super Clone" Omega and received a rep with mineral crystal, regular movement, lightweight rep watch.... after this experience, I think I haven't bought any other rep watch for about 3 years ... but I understood that it was actually my fault... I didst look for enough information about the dealer... either way,,,, it's a good insight about the difference between rep watch grades, especially since in recent years, the rep industry has made big changes in quality standards

#MiniCooper#

at how pedantic I am, I think it would annoy me to know that my rep has a mediocre mechanism inside...

so the aaa-grade rep is not my way. I would buy the super clone one even if I'd have to pay those 300$ extra... I think a watch should not be bought because it's cheap but because it has a certain value, either aesthetic or functional... for me, a rep watch means as identical as possible to the genuine model, INCLUDING THE LEVEL OF MECHANISM AND INTERNAL DETAILS. moreover, there is a phychological issue that it seems to me that I am deceiving myself... i mean, getting myself a rep watch is always a self-delusion, but in any case, I want it to be perfect

seems that aaa-grade reps are not for me

Ethan

I don't have extensive experience in the rep watch industry, but I find it hard to believe in the quality difference between the products... first of all, I think it's more about marketing....

when dealers sell a 1K replica watch, they somehow have to justify the high price and therefore invoke arguments such as superior quality, swiss copy, super clone, etc... but in fact, the watch is nothing more special than a more affordable one.. .

secondly, I think it's about the replica WATCH FACTORIES AND THEIR STANDARDS FOR QUALITY. one factory is more oriented towards quality while another is not. hence the difference in quality, not grade. if you find the right factory, even an aa-grade rep will be of decent quality, as that's the philosophy of the factory, if you get what i mean

Mathew

I don't have extensive experience in the rep watch industry, but I find it hard to believe in the quality difference between the products... first of all, I think it's more about marketing....

when dealers sell a 1K replica watch, they somehow have to justify the high price and therefore invoke arguments such as superior quality, swiss copy, super clone, etc... but in fact, the watch is nothing more special than a more affordable one.. .

secondly, I think it's about the replica WATCH FACTORIES AND THEIR STANDARDS FOR QUALITY. one factory is more oriented towards quality while another is not. hence the difference in quality, not grade. if you find the right factory, even an aa-grade rep will be of decent quality, as that's the philosophy of the factory, if you get what i mean
idk idk... I wouldn't be so sure... with small differences, but almost all AAA quality rep watches are more or less identical, even if they come from different manufacturers... the same goes for the super clones, they are all relatively similar.

the problem is irresposable dealers who disappear from sight after you pay them and after you receive the order. these are the intermediaries who cause problems in this chain between the factory and the end customer 😂😂😂😂 namely he in msot cases is the one who sells a crap repw atch for more money 😂

RoyaInk

so glad for your purchase @Fisher... seems you nailed it with your both rep watches. enjoy them and I'm glad to hear that you are satisfied with your reps

oh, your thread hit the spot because right now I'm looking for a replica watch. What confuses me is the price difference between the replica watches. The same model is available for $170 at one dealer and $800 at another dealer. Is this related to the grades you are talking about here? thank you