Tudor Over Rolex?

SpiceEric

Long story short, what would you choose: Pepsi Rolex white dial or Black Bay GMT? Or with. in other words, would you choose Tudor over Rolex? Or vice versa? Curious to know more arguments for and against... In the end, there are 2 closely related brands. The difference is only in here details of movementmenrts, but I don't think it is a critical difference as long as Tudors work as well as a Rolex .... or am I wrong and missin smth?

In love with both models, though I can't afford a Rolex until then. I was thinking of a Black Bay instead. But the thought of "I still wish it was a Rolex" doesn't leave me, so kinda afraid of this move

Cinar73967

lol.... dude, I don't think you have much choice here.... Tudor is more of a realistic option than a Rolex.... have you tried to get a Rolex? Try and you will end up buying 10 Tudors instead of one Rolex... Until you get the Rolex validation to buy a Pepsi you will wait like... 4ever. Or, you just get into a boutique, say hello to Tudor assistants and in just a sec you walk out with the watch on your wrist. I think my choice is obvious

MiracuLuis

see the pic below? guess what... planning to get it right after I find a buyer for my sub... don't me ask me why...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 18.26.46-min.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 18.26.46-min.png
    402.6 KB · Views: 0

StevenOhio

i guess i'd rather get 3-4 different Tudors for variation instead of one Rolex. if i get 1 rolex, no chance to get another watch soon 😂

Fisher

i guess i'd rather get 3-4 different Tudors for variation instead of one Rolex. if i get 1 rolex, no chance to get another watch soon 😂
until a certain moment) if you always follow this principle, you will probably never get to have something truly worthy and valuable. Normally, we have to reach some point when we value quality over quantity. I would like to have a perfect rolex in my 50s instead of dozens of decent but not perfect watches :D

It's only painful when you pay for it at first. but I'm sure that in a few months, the shock of the price will pass, and only the pleasure of being the owner of a legendary watch remains. "I wish it was a rolex" is about me

#MiniCooper#

according to me, you can't choose between Tudor and Rolex, even if they are affiliate companies. i see your point thinking about Tudor good quality and stuff. but if we talk about prestige, Rolex is the absolute winner. The choice can be between a Rolex and a Patek, or a Rolex and an Audemars Piguet. That is, between brands with the same status on the watch scale. Tudor is a nice option, but it's still not at the rolex level. get the point? I could compare Tudor with Steinhart, but I would still choose Steinhart in the end.

Ethan

Tudor first for me... agree on the status, it's still not as cool as Rolex. But time does not favor it. I mean, Tudor has no way to be at the level of Rolex, simply because it has no way to recover the more than 100 years... However, if we look at Tudor's evolution, it develops at a very fast pace. Yes, it's true that rolex is a reliable background for Tudor... either way, Tudor watches are valuable and keep up with modern trends. Tudor for me. Rolex has many faults and is too expensive. If I saw a Tudor on someone's wrist, I would appreciate the choice without asking much "why not a Rolex?"

Mathew

would u be more explicit about Rolex and Tudor models? I guess it is too unfair to generalize without clearly specifying the model and year of release. If it's about recent releases, tbh Tudor amazes me more. Followed the Watches and wonders news this year and got impressed by it. I would not hesitate to get a BB54 and I have it in my bucket list for the following watch additions. Though, I don't know if I would find something I like from the vintage range. Rolex is more competitive here, I must admit. I would probably have more choice in the rolex collection. So, it depends on the perspective from which we are talking

RoyaInk

I have both a couple of preowned rolexes and a couple of Tudor watches. I love them all, but honestly, I wear the Tudor ones more often. They are more comfortable for my working environment.

When I wear Rolexes, I'm honestly always worried about theft concerns. I heard about theft cases in California where fake Rolexes were stolen from the owner's wrist. So, naturally, I ended up wearing them more on special occasions for less social exposure.

As for design, I like the neutral Tudoir style more than the Rolex. Those polished center links are somehow too bling for my taste. So, to confuse you even more, recommend wearing Omega

StevenOhio

I choose Tudor instead of Rolex. No offense, just looking objectively at things. Tudors have great watches for the price. The brand does a great job with modern design. Rolex is a bit behind, still looks dynamic and modern, but the classic veil is so strong and even somewhat conservative. Not to mention the availability of stores. Not only boutiques but also pop-up [shops to try on the watches you like. Tudor is slowly but surely going towards success, I don't see why I wouldn't choose a Tudor

BenStone

the same applies to: Mini Cooper or BMW? or BMW or RollsRoyce? or, if talking about tires - Firestone Or Bridgestone? Can you understand what I'm trying to tell here?

If we take the price out of the equation, obviously the Rolex branding is more luxurious and aristocratic. For superior quality, for movements, for achievements. It is true that ultimately, in practice, a Tudor works no worse than a Rolex. But the term Rolex is about achievements that Tudor still has a lot to achieve. So the power of branding is much greater)

Nobbing

if someone asks me if I would like a Rolex GMT - yes, probably, I wouldn't hesitate. But only if you receive it as a gift or smth like that. That's because I use a Tudor GMT with which I'm very happy. I neother have means nor need nor desire to get myself a Rolex. The Tudor gives me all that I need and Rolex GMT is unlikely to give me more, it would give me the same as my Tudor already does. So, I'm really enjoying my Tudor. Would a Rolex make me even happier? Objectively speaking, I really don't see how

Albert

I don't see why I should choose only one of the 2)))
I have models from both brands, reps - better said😂

either way, I love them equally. What's wrong with having different models? after all, it's ok to change the watches every other dAy, for diversity, or for style purposes idk...

the idea is that I love dive watches, I have some budget gens, and I'm not ready for some branded gens yet.. so, I had to settle for super clone reps, both tudor and Rolex.

Both cool, tool watches, highly functional. I want to say that both are equally appreciated, whenever I wear either of them. I never received comments like "why Tudor, if you could have bought a Rolex?!"

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 12.41.35-min.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 12.41.35-min.png
    897 KB · Views: 0