vintage/preowned/new/replica?

Simposium5338

a watch from a microbrand would be the best solution. and with this money, I assure you that you can buy 3 new watches, of phenomenal quality. it is not necessary to complicate yourself so much with popular brands when you have much more logical alternatives
there are people that simply don't not resonate with microbrands, even if it would be an optimal solution. it depends on how open you are to microbrands. if, however, high-profile brands are the number one priority, then I think you should make an effort and get a new one. the rest of the options have too many risks and disadvantages

Cincinnati

a watch from a microbrand would be the best solution. and with this money, I assure you that you can buy 3 new watches, of phenomenal quality. it is not necessary to complicate yourself so much with popular brands when you have much more logical alternatives
very good idea... I appreciate and share the same position! 💪💪💪💪
and it's not about resonating or not with microbrands @Simposium5338 , but rather with the narrow mentality in which people believe that if the watch on their hand is not from a reputable brand, then it's not even worth wearing on the wrist...

people accept it rather a faulty rep than a perfect microbrsnd watch.... what is the logic behind this thinking???
for 1k, the chances of getting a PERFECT watch from a microbrand are 99.999%. what are the chances in the case of a replica???!!!

I had both reps and simple watches, i.e. microbrands. the reps aren't bad but they never performed the way the microbrand gens do... with the reps, I received ovations and appreciations, but I was always disappointed by their functionality which always comes with something faulty, whether it doesn't wind or power reserve resists less than you expect...

with microbrsnds, the truth is that I didn't get much applause, I mostly get questions "what kind of brand is this????" and I answer them with pleasure. and when I get 1:1 with the watch, I am amazed at how faithfully it works, how much precision and flawlessness it provides....so where is the logic of spending 1k on unreasonable things?

dancerINTHEdark

uuuuuu, hot in here!!!!!.....
if I knew for sure that I would get a rep as good as I got on Vasheron and GS, I would give all the 1k for a rep! I love it when people recognize the brand on my wrist, without knowing it's a rep 😂😂😂😂😂 I feel good and confident. so let it be a brand new, shiny and top quality rep watch to brag about it left and right 😂😂😂

vintage- no
preo-owned-no
new- possibly, only if I find something from a resounding brasnd, for 1k

Eugene

if I had this money, I would buy a brand new luxury watch.
no vintages, as I'm not a diehard fan of those;
no preowned- as there can be brand new alternatives,
and no reps, as these are for the low budget scenario.
So with 1K, you can get a really nice watch from a reputable brand.
obviously, u can't get rolex or philippe for 22 k, but sure u can get a great gen alternative to keep it as a family relic if u want.... don't see any point on throwing this money on preowned and reps

Albert

I don't think I'm able to pay 1K for a replica watch... especially if I buy it online... online buying is lways kinda risky, you never can be sure of what u get...

possibly, if I find a boutique selling reps where I could thoroughly inspect on the execution of the rep watch, I would possibly give 1K if I confirm that it really is a rep that is hard to differentiate from a gen....

otherwise, I think a preowned watch would sound more satisfying to me. new or second hand, it's still a genuine watch that holds value and I wouldn't mind 1k

BusyAsHell

dude, 1k is huge money for a rep!!!!! I don't see any sense in paying for an imitation... I THINK that a good option would be a preowned one, if you insist on a watch from a reputable brand... if you are ok with a lesser known brand, you have so many options of microbrands that for 1k, are ready to offer you the best design and the most advanced functions

check these out:
-Astor & Banks with plenty of Myiota movements M9015 and 200 M WR, plus great design;
-Baltic with its great MR01 MODEL (see below) featuring applied Breguet numerals and micro-rotor-equipped automatic movements;
-Carpenter with notorious minimalist design with spectacular refinement..

i do believe that such brands are a little popular at the moment... but in a few years, they will take the watch industry by storm and become extremely sought-after. so now, a watch for 1k will become 10k in upcoming years... think about it...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 09.45.25-min.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 09.45.25-min.png
    688.2 KB · Views: 0

StevenOhio

for 1k, I also think it's too much for a rep. even if it's a high-quality rep, it seems to me that it won't last too long. I mean, in a few years, it will either rust or fail to function properly. technically, you can change the parts in the mechanism to ensure a good operation, still, the aesthetic perspective - it remains an open question. In addition, few replica dealers offer warranties for their watches. so, how can you spend 1k for a watch that has no warranty or whose warranty is only 6-12 months?! 1k is a lot for me. IF I DECIDED TO SPEND ON A WATCH, IT WOULD CERTAINLY BE A VINTAGE OR A PREOWNED. THESE ARE SURELY AUTHENTIC AND COME WITH WARRANTY CERTIFICATES INSURED BY THE SALES HOUSE

MiracuLuis

sorry guys, but in my whole life, I never had the opportunity to find a fake watch worth 1 thousand bucks. or at least, there may be, but I have never found such a thing. I would like to find one, so please share, I'm curious to see what a rep of 1K means. the ones I see on different online sites look good, but please!!!! let's admit that in reality they are the same as all the other 300$ fake watches. They are good, but not perfect

so, answering the main question, I would never pay 1k for a rep. better go for a vintage that keeps its value over decades. but if you pay 1k on a fake, in 2 years, it will be worth nothing... let's look at things as they are and not make up stories

Cinar73967

any rep more expensive than $500 is too much for me, I don't think a fake watch is worth that price. after all, the manufacturers do no ore than just reproduce the design already invented by the original brand and just assemble it with details like the same details from the budget watches. so, i think more than 500$ is more for the name than for the watch... so rep option - excluded from the list

now, new or pre-owned? i guess i'd be ok with a preowned whenever its condition is perfect. I'm not really interested in the history of the watch and who was the previous owner. but it is important for me that the watch looks and works almost brand new. if I can do that with up to 1K, a preowned would sound a great idea to me. if I didn't find something like that, the new option would be my way to go