with 95% similarity of reps, would u still opt for a gen?

not all people buy reps because they are cheaper than gens. Me, for instance, have bought reps for my brother. He isn't mature enough for a gen as he is only 17. I dont wanna spend money on a watch that im sure he will not take care off and most probably will want another one within a couple of months. So, looking from that perspective, I think the final point is always the genuine watch. it just takes time until everyone of us is "ready" for it. Be the rep 99% similar, id still opt for a gen one because of the brand history, expertise, craftsmanship that is only specific for big brands.

hiFUProstry

honestly, with 95% similarity, I wouldn't buy a gen. 95% would be enough for me. 95% would mean that the watch would function almost like a gen, the almost same longevity, +/- 5 years, maybe??? why wouldn't that be enough for me?!
I think people are simply stuck on the idea that it's a rep, without even understand what these 95% really mean. so they more like run from the rep as from the whole concept. don t see any sense in overpaying for a gen, having 95$ alternative. Either way, prices for gens are exaggerated, they cost so much because of the history and brand resounding name, and not for the real value of the watches

with buying 70% similarity of current reps we are already posing to threat original brandsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ with 95%, you @UltrARiott want to kill them completely?!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ let's pay tribute to their artistry of watchmaking and buy gen watches. after all, they are the ones that create the concept of the rep watches we buy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ so, id have a gen to show some respect to the gen brand πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

CoVriGoooU

I might think we are overestimating brands.... a 95% is almost identical to gen.... so, if it is a good way to save some money and get a great rep, why not? the rest of the arguments like phycological comfort, etc... are temporary. id better see half of the world with a 95% rep than adore it in my garage

staYingPosiTIve!!!

I might think we are overestimating brands.... a 95% is almost identical to gen.... so, if it is a good way to save some money and get a great rep, why not? the rest of the arguments like phycological comfort, etc... are temporary. id better see half of the world with a 95% rep than adore it in my garage
so, why would u buy a gen iPhone, if Chinese versions are 95% similar? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ and even come with 2 sim cardsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

with gens, one always has the certainty of quality, with reps-there is always the concern about "how long it will function, how do I repair it, where to find components for it..." etc....
so, t leads, once in a lifetime, it's ok to have a gen. all f us deserve it after all πŸ˜‚ why not please ourselves?

@TesaLLiuM8565, "Don’t imagine my self like β€œhere u have dears, a rep watch as a family relic from your grandfather. Keep it safe”- EPIC πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

platoonshrek

that's a tricky questions indeed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
to speak seriously, I think there is one puzzle element lacking in the main question: money.
if we talk about the scenario when I have plenty of money and the price for a gen doesn't change much in my whole budget, then I'd go for a gen, forgetting about reps. After all, reps are cheaper alternatives to gens. If all of us opt for cheaper versions, than money is relevant for us all and most of us don't afford a brand-new luxury piece.

if on the other hand, we talk about the scenario when I have the money for a gen, but it's kinda my last money and I remain with no savings if I get the gen, then NO. I would not have the gen paying my last money, so the 95% similar rep will greatly do.
Basically, it all depends on the circumstances.

thiN1k1ngTWICe

Why this theory??)) reps will ever be 95% similar… maybe, from an aesthetic point of view-it’s possible. But the technique of manufacturing, assembling, processing the inner components, and all this stuff can never be reproduced. NOT TO MENTION ABOUT MOVEMENTS. Would you believe in a TESLA copy? A 95% one…. I hardly think so. You would still question its quality. So, like DNA can’t be reproduced, genuine watches also can’t be reproduced identically. Just partially. So, that’s the answer to the main question: i'd like to own the full authentic version, not only a partial one.

PpiroJookK88735

so funny to read all that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ reallyπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
well, considering that I dont drive a Porsche and don't own a two-story house, it would sound stupid from me to state that I wear a gen `Rolex πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. so, just being honest in most cases)) otherwise, people think of me like about an idiot who spends thousands on a watch instead of o a car or houseπŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

ObeisDexter

why hiding it?)) some afford a gen watch, some not. some like Casio, Tissot, Rado gen watches, others don't. So, why can't they get a rep to satisfy their guilty pleasure of having a Rolex or Vacheron, even if it's a rep?) Who cares, actually?
and please, don't come now with oral property rights, etc... gen brands have all the tools and instrumentarium needed to create anti-fake systems in their watches... only few of them did so, Hublot, if I'm to mistaken and one more I don't remember. So, why don't other brands do the same?! They also don't care much about the fake industry as they have their loyal customer base. A person having plenty of money will never buy a fake watch. His moral status dent allow him to. So, there is nothing to lose for the big brands. The rep I dusty becomes more and more evident currently. it's ok to have a rep item, be it a bag, watch or whatever you like. you only choose the quality grade according to your standards and that's it.
why to distort the reality?!;)πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Sunnybunny

absolutely!!!!! imagine, what would it look like if Ronaldo, or Messi, or the USA President would wear replicas? be they even 98% πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
a gen is something official, clean, and proven by service and warranty. reps are unofficial, almost illegal pieces) why would you prefer this one over a genuine?))) all those buying reps actually want the gens, one that they don't afford it. it they did, the rep industry would die...

carRacer638854

not running after brands, luxury, and shit like that. if the rep works ok, great for me. no need to spend millions on smth that I will wear a couple of years or so. better for that money to spend on some nice cars, trips, family and similar things. a watch is a watch nd if it works ok, who cares if it's an original or a fake?!

I would consider the main purpose of the watch as the primary factor. if it is for the daily wear and tear, why would I spend a fortune on the gen? a 95% similar rep would totally comfort me. if it's about a watch as a family relic to give it to my grandsons and stuff like this, I'd probably want a gen. if it's for investment purposes, of course a gen. if it's for making a gift to my children-also a gen. I would not like to give my children a fake piece of gold. the same goes for watches

Karim

yes I would still get a gen. because the 95% of the similarity you are talking about would probably refer to the aesthetic aspect and design. and when talking about gens, don't forget about a 100% safe technical profile which means absolute waterproofness and impeccably precise mechanism and perfect accuracy in all features. take the most complicated watches as an example.
Portuguieser SidΓ©rale Scafusia Reference IW504101 (850K USD), the Harry Winston Opus 14 with more than 1,000 components, or the Greubel Forsey Grande Sonnerie with a similar number of details in its constructions. Why would I NEED a 95% design similarity if the operation of all the complications will never, but NEVER works the way that the genuine model works?

So, clearly, my answer is a big YES! FOR THE GEN! :sneaky::cool:🀟

DoctorWHO

the question is WHY to buy a rep, if u have money for the gen? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ after all, all people buying reps actually love the gens but don't afford it. now, if I get it right, your question @UltrARiott supposes the circumstances when people afford a gen, right/ if so, I think the rep industry will disappear 😁😁

only the Rolex rep production will remain available because of the critical shortage of Rolex gen watches in the marketπŸ˜‚

MiracuLuis

So many debates about reps and gen watches. Pros and cons. Many abstain from buying reps because of their visible differences with gens. Considering that a rep is 95% identical, would u still go for the gen? And what would be the response to the choice? Curious 🧐
95% similarity sound fabulous. Though, the final decision would depend on the price of the watch. if the gen is not affordable to me, the rep alternative would be my choice. 95% rep looking like a gen at an affordable price is a life gift

Cinar73967

reps are not only about the way they look and how similar they are with their gen alteratives, but also about the way they work. I had impeccable reps from an aesthetic point of view. but that didn't help me much because the functionality was complete trash. so, I'd better opt for a rep with both aesthetic and functional value. it's much harder to find smth like that, but at least, the aesthetic part as a unique criterion does not interest me at all... btw, most of modern rep watches look pretty well. factories have already learned how to make them identical to gens. Especially if we talk about Rolex fakes, these are the most imitated of all. The question is how functional they are besides their attractive aesthetics