904 or 316 stainless steel in your replica watches?

Nobbing

316 steel is a great option, you should not be afraid of it. there's no sense in a 904l steel rep with a trash movement. get what I mean? it's to the steel you should be considering in a rep. it's the whole technical profile that really matters...

chip&dale

to avoid such confusions, by from TDs. these will sell you the real thing
also, buy 316L reps. these are great things, and no risk in getting fooled.
also, if you find 904l steel for about 300-400$ for the rep watch, be sure it's not 904l. Just like the other day I found a titanium rep for 160$. really?!...😒😒

you just have to get your brain in and stay focused at every single detail

dailydose

I had both of them... truly speaking, I saw NO DIFFERENCE between 904 and 316 steel, except for the cosmic price I paid for the 904l version. it behaves the same, identical to each other. both are resistant, and in time, both accumulate minor scratches, and in both of them you can remove minor scratches with polishing. I can, polishing solves it all in both. idk, maybe under a microscope, these might look different from each other. but in terms of wearability and practicality, honestly, didn't spot any single difference
so, there/s no need To OVERPAY, GUYS. Buy wisely and don't spend your money stupidly!

ArnoldTHEgreat

to avoid such confusions, by from TDs. these will sell you the real thing
also, buy 316L reps. these are great things, and no risk in getting fooled.
also, if you find 904l steel for about 300-400$ for the rep watch, be sure it's not 904l. Just like the other day I found a titanium rep for 160$. really?!...😒😒

you just have to get your brain in and stay focused at every single detail
oh they're everywhere, the ones of 100$ having all that a dream watch has, and stainless steel 904, and sapphire Cristal, and warranty 2 years, and waterproofness 100 meters. who the fu*k believes that shit?
I skip such sites right away and can't understand why they still exist. are people still so naive to believe that?! 👀👀🫣🫣

PpiroJookK88735

I'm ok with all tat says "316 stainless steel". I had 904l steel and to be honest, didn't spot dramatic different.s steel like steel...🤷‍♂️

ObeisDexter

no, no, no, please!!! don't mess things up.316l is 316l while 904 steel is 904;. no need to invent the wheel here and contradict all that chemists, scientists and similar people state: these are different materials. take jewelry as an example: Swarovski shines as beautiful as Damiani, right? but, the stones are completely different!!! one is precision-cut crystal glass, while Damiani is pure precious stones and diamonds. Shine the same, well, almost the same, but the value is significantly different. So is with gold. 18K and 10K gold has absolutely different gold purity index and the price is als0 different respectively. So is steel, 904 and 316. If you can't see it with the naked eye, it Doesn't mean the different doesn't exist. you as an unprofessional can't spot the difference, but professional watchmaker will see it immediately. After polishing, a 316 steel watch looks good, but inferior to a 904l one. Again: if you cant' see it, it doesn't mean there is no difference!!!

bagaBOO57335

no, no, no, please!!! don't mess things up.316l is 316l while 904 steel is 904;. no need to invent the wheel here and contradict all that chemists, scientists and similar people state: these are different materials. take jewelry as an example: Swarovski shines as beautiful as Damiani, right? but, the stones are completely different!!! one is precision-cut crystal glass, while Damiani is pure precious stones and diamonds. Shine the same, well, almost the same, but the value is significantly different. So is with gold. 18K and 10K gold has absolutely different gold purity index and the price is als0 different respectively. So is steel, 904 and 316. If you can't see it with the naked eye, it Doesn't mean the different doesn't exist. you as an unprofessional can't spot the difference, but professional watchmaker will see it immediately. After polishing, a 316 steel watch looks good, but inferior to a 904l one. Again: if you cant' see it, it doesn't mean there is no difference!!!
what a facepalm your post here )))) when almost everyone was on the same page with the stainless steel, you spoiled it all)))

actually, agree with @ObeisDexter. the difference exists and a lot. it's the replica industry that wants us to believe that there is no difference. also, I think most of the people here think that there is no difference simply because they probably got a so-called 904 steel reps, when in fact it was a 316, and they didn't know about it. that's why they confuse the two materials claiming they look the same and behave the same...

tell a naval ship architect that he can build the ship from 316 steel, instead of 904, these are the same, according to you!!!! he will tell u t stuff it!!!, be sure of that.

Cacktoos

from what I know, many brands, even the most luxurious ones, are ok with using 316 steel. considering the im planning to get many reps in the near future, I think im going to opt for this. material and not looking for 904l. 904l are far more expensive from what I see in the industry. I don't think I'll be able to handle it from my budget point of view.
honestly, I don't trust 100% all tat rep dealers write about their watches. even if they say it's 904 steel, I'm still very reticent to believe that...

Sunnybunny

it depends so much on the money available u have for the replica watch u want to buy. in my personal case, money is a priority. I just simply can't afford a 904 steel watch because it's moe expensive. in this circumstance, I'm more than ok with a 316 steel watch, which is also not a bad option in fact...
and yes, I agree on that there is a difference between 904 and 316 steel watch. but, personally, I dont wear watches for more than 1-2 years, and 316 is more than enough for that period of time. it doesn't wear off so easily during the 2 years... so, don't see any need in overpaying...
if I had the money, I will definitely telly go for the 904 version. for the best version available, actually, be it titanium or whatever else

carRacer638854

not critical for me this aspect at all. in the ideal scenario, the watch shouldn't be of aluminium, plastic and similar crap. but mostly, I take into account the functions of a watch and how well they work. if they provide great functionality, it's ok for me the watch to be made of 316 steel.

I think it's mostly related to personal standards... some people don't accept inferior quality and always look for the best in all... best phones, best cars, best accesories etc... and there are people what are on with something less quality, whatever it is less expensive. if the question is WHICH IS THE BEST, than 904 l stainless steel for sure. IF IT'S ABOUT THE MOST BUDGET FRIENDLY OPTION than 316l steel. and that's all

Karim

316l steel is as reliable as it can be... have no problems with this material at all.

as for the rep factories, the steel grade is not the only thinng they "lie" about... there is also the water resistance aspect the movement functionality, etc... so, I wouldn't bother much about the steel grade (steel is steel, even if it's an inferior grade). but when it comes to other aspects, that really pisses me off...

Eugene

2 reps and both 316l ss. pretty comfortable with this material, although I'd like some more weight in it

Albert

they were all from the 316 series. pretty happy with this quality... 904l always seem too expensive... I mean I can afford them but I don't see much difference between a 316 watch and a 904 ss. so, I don't see value in overpaying for an invisible difference. in terms of durability, my 316 ss watches look great. that's due to regular maintenance included

StevenOhio

2 Omega reps in 316l stainless steel, a tag heuer in 404 ss. I don't see much difference, to be honest. I wanted to get a daytona 904 ss, but I didn't decide because it seemed too expensive and I'm not sure if it's worth it

MiracuLuis

316 steel for my both fakes I have.. don't know much about 904l steel, but may 316 ones serve be pretty well ... a lithe polishing once in a while nd looks like new