a couple of nice Citizen watches

ObeisDexter

Recently I was passing by some watch boutiques and came across some good-looking Citizen watches. They somehow got my attention and I entered the boutique asking for some more information. I was a bit confused to find out that the diver line provided only 100 meters of water resistance. So, they would probably go better for the desk diving. But, the overall visual aspect looked pretty good. As for the prices, I didn't find them over-exaggerated. They totally justify their technical architecture and there is a good balance of price vs quality. However, the prices are not for regular customers, but rather for the wealthy ones. I thought it would be curious to share them here. The first pic is for the AXIOM BM7580-51L 40mm Splash, an appealing case shape, and bracelet design. The second pic goes for the AW1710-80E 44mm 100m WR model. Take a look at the curious crown placement and the date window squeezed into the 3 o’clock hour marker. The black dial is not the only option available. The third pic goes for the AW1598-70X 43mm 100m WR model. I liked its brightness and vividness. It even stood out from the rest of the models through the boutique window.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 10.20.26.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 10.20.26.png
    749.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 13.06.57.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 13.06.57.png
    998 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 13.06.45.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 13.06.45.png
    937.1 KB · Views: 5

Twirejj4279

Thanks for the pics :)
Did I get it right? They are eco-friendly, yeah? The one with an unusual crown looks really catchy and the crown position indeed drags attention. But, the downside is that it doesn’t come with a screw-down crown, as far as I googled it. And also, the bezel does not rotate in any direction. Doesn’t this watch look like it should have these features? So, why are they lacking? :D

SwInEIGh

Ohh nice looking all of them :D
I’ve recently found an NB1050-59E model and it looked similarly catchy. What’s their price range?
The one I found was £350 with a pretty great finish and a nice bracelet. As I did my research, the movement promised durable and reliable functioning.

Actually, I’m looking for my 3rd Citizen now. The previous two totally satisfied me and I was not disappointed at all. Not overpowering design, smooth functioning. This type I’ll look for a bracelet version. Got a bit tired of the leather strap. By the way, do the models above come with a leather strap version? I might consider them for my father's bd this year...

That's my treasure...☺️

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 16.49.18.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 16.49.18.png
    956.1 KB · Views: 1

YellowSnowman

I don't mind that the bezel is fixed. the crown with its unconventional placement is culminating. Good job for the citizen with this unusual crown position

cheetahapple

It seems to me that u placed the pics in the wrong order) but never mind)
I see the three of them as “medium” watches, honestly. I mean the green dial is nothing new, and so is the blue dial. The only unusual one here is the third model with unusual crown placement. Though, it doesn't seriously catch me. I like a bit more complex citizens. The Citizen Eco-drive PCAT atomic timekeeping Chrono- that’s a pretty good alternative. And looks more robust and serious, and features a more complex architecture. Comes with an arm feature, which is not really specific for the `citizen other watches. Phenomenal accuracy, as stipulated in the internet realm. In addition, time and date are updated with the help of a radio signal to offer high-precision data. 200 beers of WR.
So, this one sound better))

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-11 at 12.54.29-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-11 at 12.54.29-min.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 0

diaboliquerye

Not bad the Citizens… only that I don’t quite like that many of them feature a quick strap0 release. So, when u want to swap out the bands mixing and matching them, might give you some headaches… also, not pretty sure about their glass. Most of them come in a mineral glass over sapphire. For Me, being a distracted personality doesn’t really fit 😁

LIgHtere

AW1710-80E 44mm is a little bit too wide for me, the 44 mm would look exaggerated on my medium wrist. Too bad for the citizen of choosing mineral instead of sapphire. And given that there is only 1 function, the date, it looks a little too sturdy. Also, the date window seems a bit overlapping the 3-hour marker. Or, is it only my opinion?!
Overall, due to the great price and the solar movement, everything else is forgiven

EmPoWeReD

The AXIOM BM7580-51L lacks something on the dial, according to my taste. The blue background seems like needs something else. The Eco-Drive BL5568-54L 44mm blue dial sport men's watch stainless steel bracelet is a good example of what I like the most.

EmPoWeReD

AW1710-80E 44mm is a little bit too wide for me, the 44 mm would look exaggerated on my medium wrist. Too bad for the citizen of choosing mineral instead of sapphire. And given that there is only 1 function, the date, it looks a little too sturdy. Also, the date window seems a bit overlapping the 3-hour marker. Or, is it only my opinion?!
Overall, due to the great price and the solar movement, everything else is forgiven
in author's pictures, the date window is ok. but,
In the author’s pictures, the window seems ok, but the pics from the inet confirm what u say.. is this what u mean?!...
Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 14.05.36.png

vingNEgy

Honestly, I trust this Japanese brand. It has been in the industry for about a century and im pretty sure that it gained enough knowledge and expertise. It was Citizen who went into the world’s first solar power concept. So, imagine the benefit it Brought to the environment by excluding the millions of watch batteries. It makes great complication watches, so the 3 above-mentioned models are kinda “medium” for me. From its collection, I mostly like the Promaster Nighthawk, which is also an Eco Drive watch with a pretty strident dial and a ceramic bezel ring, and an awesome circular cutouts leather strap. A very interesting model.
Overall, Citizen receives 5 stars for the quality vs price, strong 3 stars for the craftsmanship, 4 stars for the quality of materials, and 4 stars for the design. The above mentioned models are ok, but Citizen has a couple of better watches

the Promaster Nighthawk btw...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 14.14.35-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 14.14.35-min.png
    431 KB · Views: 0

Ghosterry

As far as I know, Citizen doesn’t use regular mineral glass. It’s dual spherical mineral glass, which provides strong protection. My product manager owns a Citizen Eco-Drive Axiom Blue Dial Silver-Tone and he finds it very comfortable with its solar eco-drive tech. It runs on a quartz E111 movement that didn’t present any complaints so far. Looks smooth on the wrist. Maybe would be great to integrate the day function, along with the date since the dial has pretty much space available. But, overall looks gut. For the interested ones, it is about $375 :D

TropiKanCHO

if it was to choose between CASIO. and CITIZEN? what would be your choice? :D

Hard to say which one is better)) Both have some strong assets in watchmaking…all depends on the personal preferences of each customer
These 2 for sure are good examples of factories providing a great balance between quality and price. And both of them offer predominantly quartz as well as digitals. Nonetheless, the digitals are more resistant to stress and have longer battery life in Casio watches.

Citizen excels better in quartz watch designs, I believe. And the movements are slightly more reliable than in Casio. However, no Citizen watch can be compared with Casio g-shocks in terms of shock resistance. On the other hand, the eco-drive Citizen watches are simply phenomenal in their solar power mechanism. So, it all depends on what the user really wants and needs for himself. Maybe, between the two, the best one is the third- Seiko :D . BTW, the latter is a bit more upmarket than the former two…

If seriously, I see Casio as more appropriate for the younger audience, especially the G shock line, while Citizen is predominantly preferred by the mature public.

chunkeymonkey

AXIOM BM7580-51L good design approach...clean, minimalist, appealing, great for a business-casual outfit. citizen does a great stuff

WorldWideWisdom

Love the eco-drive system. Never needing a battery, neither to be changed nor to be wound. Also, I like that the brand makes all kinds of watches. It produces literally, everything, from dive to military. Great water resistance for most watches, up to 200 meters. I own a Citizen that is 100 m, but I never needed more than that. What I did lack in my Citizen was an easy-release strap and I couldn’t mix bands. As I know, all Citizen watches are like that, and that’s the only minus I see in it. For the rest, only a positive attitude

The three models have almost identical DNA; the physical aspect is a personal taste matter. But on the whole, great average-budget pieces

igivente

not bad t bad... but got a little bored with these standard looks. the Carson silver is far more better looking the these options, if referring to the same steel case+ bracelet style.
Attesa satellite timekeeping is also a more interesting ad appealing line. Not to say the Avatar Wave. The Avatar by the way is very affordable as expected. Thought it would be more or less like the Carson around 650$. But it’s only around 350 $ and that’s aaaawsome!!!!!
The Attessa…uh it’s spicy!!!!!!!!!! 3,500 bites too hard for me