above or below the wrist?

GeorgeClintonBiden

the correct position is a little higher than the wrist bone. if you wear it lower, the bracelet does not sit correctly on the wrist and creates discomfort, in addition, the watch moves chaotically from one side to the other, up and down. when you place it a little higher, it is more compact and firmer. therefore, it generates comfort and utility

Perpetual

as far as I know, it is important not to apply it directly on the wrist bone. this looks soooooo lame 😁😁😁
while normally, the watch is worn above this bone, it is ok to wear below it as well. but that depends on the watch and the proportions

Michelangelo

a question for connoisseurs

how do you wear your watches above or below the wrist? I found divided opinions on this subject. and I don't want to look ridiculous with my watch

thank you in advance
try to put it below the wrist bone and you will understand why this is such a bad idea πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ the watch will dig into your wrist and you will want to take it off as soon as possible. personally, I hate feeling the watch loose and unstable. that';s why I wear above the wrist bone. ALWAYS!!! I had the great misfortune to stumble at the gym while wearing a watch below my wrist.... the pain from the watch digging into my hand was greater than from falling 😁😁😁 and yes, I was left without a watch that day 'cause it broke ))

BenStone

@Michelangelo good point about the dangers associated with wearing the watch below the wrist. in fact, these, being looser, are not at all protected against impacts. so the position above the wrist bone is the right way to go

Encantadore59935

partially agree. if we talk about watches with large, oversized cases, wering it above the wrist bone makes sense. but if it's about the small ones, dress watches, I don't see a problem in wearing them below the wrist bone. THESE really look more elegant when they are a little lower. and don't dig into the wrist. and they are not loose either because the leather strap holds them firmly on the wrist

by the way, the wrist bone is also called ULNA for the more initiated 😁😁😁

Marvel

I don't know how it is correct from an ethical point of view, but I say it from my personal point of view. a bracelet watch looks AWFUL when it is too loose and too low from the ULNA. @Encantadore59935 see? I'm an initiated πŸ˜‚

a watch that is too low on the wrist is a sign of a lack of horological culture in my opinion. nothing nice about it, and more than that, extremely uncomfortable

Drinky

for me the type of watch matters. if it's about a strap version, I position it below the wrist, more precisely - in the thinnest area of the wrist. if it's an ss bracelet option, I usually leave it a little loose, but not too much, just so that it slides easily back and forth, but not too much under the wrist bone.

and I also think that it's also a lot about personal comfort. the same rule applies differently on a narrow wrist and on another wide one. so, just trying to find the golden mean of comfort

Maric

LOL.... while everyone talks about rules here, everyone forgets the simple anatomy of each wrist.... all these rules make sense when the wristbone stands out enough....

my wristbone is not pronounced at all. it doesnt proptrude almost at all. so when I put on my watch, I don't really have an ULNA to refer to πŸ˜‚(see? @Encantadore59935 , another initiated here πŸ˜‚). as such, I carry the watch closer to hand for the simple reason that this is the most comfortable for me. And the rules can say anything!!! this does not make me somehow change the position of my watch on my wrist πŸ˜‚ more than that, sometimes, in the evening, I tend to loosen the watch bracelet because I get tired of feeling "necked-in" all day. so, widening it, it's like I start breathing differently, which also creates comfort for me... so, you should look for the comfort first!!!!

Rochdale

comfort is a strictly individual thing. and I get to stick to it, no matter what others say. i usually wear my watch loosely. well, not that loose so that it rotates around on the wrist. I hate the feeling of too tight watch. better not to wear the watch at all than to feel it too tight

Grigio

TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE ANATOMIC WRIST STRUCTURE. for example, my hand is quite thin and the wrist bone protrudes very prominently. in contrast, my brother is much more corpulent and his hand is much thicker. I can barely notice the wrist bone on his hand. I wear oversized watches exclusively above, because it bothers my bone a lot if I position it below. smaller watches fit better below it though. my brother doesn't have any problems πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ he wears them all more or less in the same position because the thick skin covers the bone and it doesn't really bother him if the watch is sitting on a partial bone. however, he feels discomfort while moving the arm., he chooses his watches very meticulously because it is difficult to find the right size

HahREF5583468

no hard feelings pls, but I can't stand a loose watch. I prefer them further from the hand, compact, firm, and steady. as much as possible.The less I feel the watch on my wrist all the better. if it is too low or too loose, it bothers me enormously and I prefer to take it off. not to mention its sliding back and forth, would drive me crazy. I like when I do all my tasks during the day without feeling the watch bothering me. so the tighter the better. and this assumes its position above the wrist bone

DBP

it must be a kind of gut feeling that helps to position the watch correctly. some follow the rules, but the watch still looks so awkward on the wrist.... others have a special style that makes it look so good, even if the wear is not the one recommended by ethical standards...

In the end, I think it's best to wear the watch is to wear it COMFORTABLly

Myryopod

@DBP there is a kind of truth in this... more than that, I have different watches. and each of them is worn differently, some fit better further away from the hand, others - closer to the wrist. the proportions and shapes of watches matter a lot. the round and more modest ones in cases fit perfectly (AND LOOK AS WELL) closer to the wrist even if that goes against the rules... the bold and oversized ones - feel better further away from the hand, because you want to have complete freedom in arm movement .... so according to me, the model of the watch determines its position