above or below the wrist?

YupyLuk

no matter how hard I try, I can't wear them above....below the wrist, that is, closer to the hand is much more fitting. as a rule, I wear them loose enough so that they are not too tight, but not too loose that they spin around the wrist, because that also pisses me off... in general, I love it when the watch shows gorgeously from under the sleeve . there is something attractive about it

UdlinINTEL

hard to say until we talk about a specific model
on the whole, I'm more comfortable when the watch is above the bone. it's tighter and firmer

Steve

behind the store window, the watch looks one way. When you put it on your wrist, it looks completely different. I was always sure that the watch should be worn above the wrist bone. It seems tighter, more compact, and looks good. However, more than once I was confronted with the situation in which, in fact, the watch that I thought was worn above, looks better when it is below the wrist bone. That's because that's my anatomical wrist, it's more specific somehow. That's what happened to me with my last Daytona rep. I was sure I would wear it above the bone. But, when I put it on my wrist, nope- it doesn't look good at all. It is more elegant when it hangs down slightly.

So, a correct and definitive definition could not be given in this regard. it depends on the anatomy of the wrist and the specifics of the watch

RoyaInk

wear it as you feel comfortable. I don't think the rules of etiquette are applicable as an absolute standard. the watch must be comfortable first of all. otherwise, it starts to irritate until you take it off after a few hours. So, what is the meaning of the rules then?!

DoctorWHO

I am not interested in these rules. I see absolutely no problem in wearing the watch above or below the wristbone. What is really problematic is seeing that a watch does not fit comfortably on one's wrist. I think that COMFORT is the ultimate rule in wearing a watch. What's the point of wearing it according to the rules if you don't feel comfortable with it and U DREAM about the moment to take it off faster?!!!
After all, the watch is a useful tool before being a statement piece. So it MUST sit comfortably to use it for its purpose, regardless of its position on the wrist

Ethan

the watch must be worn as it is comfortable for you. It is for this reason that I do not like to buy watches online. Alternatively, a physical store gives you the opportunity to measure the watch on your wrist and see how it fits. If you feel comfortable, great for you, regardless of whether you feel good with it above or below the wrist bone.... the worst is when you buy a watch online and it doesn't fit on your wrist at all, neither above nor below the wrist

cheetomargheritto

I love it when the watch is a little below the wrist bone. I think it looks better that way. However, due to the links on the bracelet, it easily slides over my wrist bone. If I remove a link, it becomes too loose... So, without wanting to, I usually wear my watches right on my wrist bone, and it doesn't bother me. it feels pretty ok...

to be honest, I don't really pay attention to these details... I mean, I don't really care how the watches look on other wrists. If someone wears it too loose, it means that they feel the most comfortable. I don't think it's ok to follow rules and cliches invented by I don't know who, even if they don't give you comfort. The watch is first of all an accessory that must offer you comfort and utility. This leaves room to wear it the way I like it

diaboliquerye

whatever makes comfortable for you... the rules were current decades ago. anyway, I don't understand why people had to be guided by certain rules, especially in terms of watches... either way, in the modern era everyone wears their accessories according to COMFORT, and by no means according to the rules

above or below... who cares when the way you wear it makes you feel good and get the most out of your watch?

TesaLLiuM8565

Does anyone still follow this rule today? I thought that the world long ago moved to the concept of "comfortable watch wearing" over rules that dictate above or below the wrist.... I never wear a watch that is not comfortable for me. no matter what the rules say. I have watches that I wear both below and above the wrist. I am not interested in the position;; I'm interested in how they feel throughout the day

Albert

COMFORT COMFORT COMFORT!!!!

it's all about how i feel the watch.. and i don't give a damn about the rules

StevenOhio

if I only wear the watch, I prefer it slightly below the wrist bone. if I connect it with some additional bracelets, I put it above the bone as the bracelets are below it. after all, it's good to wear it according to your own comfort