Any replica watch regrets?

Steve

I was recently thinking about what regrets you might have regarding replica watches. I mean, it is unlikely that replica watches always meet the expectations of those who buy them. I'm sure many of you bought replica watches and regretted it afterward

In my case, I have a regret about the last Sky-Dweller that I bought for a little more than 1K. On the whole, the watch looks good and works quite well. However, I admit that this one is not worth 1K, and I probably could have gotten it for about $400-500 if I had been patient enough to look at other stores. I feel deceived by the seller and I am curious if you have other regrets. I'm sure you won't buy a 1K replica watch like NEVER... but I'd like to know what other pitfalls you've encountered so that I can be prepared in advance for a potential disappointment

RoyaInk

my regret is that I did not pay attention to the seller's refund policy. Once, I had bought a Tag heuer rep and it was in awful condition. I asked for a refund for it and the dealer told me that they did not offer refunds. And when I read the seller's specifications on their website, they had indeed stipulated that refunds are not part of their policy. So, I can't have any claims at the dealer, but at me personally for not being prudent from whom I buy

CityBreak

I was recently thinking about what regrets you might have regarding replica watches. I mean, it is unlikely that replica watches always meet the expectations of those who buy them. I'm sure many of you bought replica watches and regretted it afterward

In my case, I have a regret about the last Sky-Dweller that I bought for a little more than 1K. On the whole, the watch looks good and works quite well. However, I admit that this one is not worth 1K, and I probably could have gotten it for about $400-500 if I had been patient enough to look at other stores. I feel deceived by the seller and I am curious if you have other regrets. I'm sure you won't buy a 1K replica watch like NEVER... but I'd like to know what other pitfalls you've encountered so that I can be prepared in advance for a potential disappointment
I bet it's one of those sites that look very good with an ideal homepage that suggests confidence and you get the impression that their watches are just as ideal....

they are all the same, they look very good, but their watches are the same as most watches in the industry... I have never bought them from such stores, but I always felt a kind of reluctance toward them

My personal regret regarding reps is that I didn't always read dealer's reviews. More than once I have paid for watches and never received them because I was paying scammers. Now I am much more cautious, but the regret remains

GeorgeClintonBiden

I regret that every time I buy a rep watch, I have very high expectations. I have the impression that "this time" the watch must be as perfect as I imagine it. and every time I remain dissapointed either because the construction of the watch is not as solid as I wanted, or because the dial is very different from an authentic watch... in short, every time I am disappointed because of high expectations even if the experiences previous lessons teach me that it is not ok to have high expectations

Perpetual

I'm mostly sorry that I still think I can buy a great replica watch for a low price. I let myself be influenced by the ideal pictures on different sites and I think that the rep watch will look the same in reality, even if it costs around $200.

A $200 REP WATCH CANNOT LOOK LIKE AN AUTHENTIC ONE. I rationally understand this, and yet, I continue to buy what is cheaper:rolleyes:🤦‍♂️

Michelangelo

no regrets at all 😁😁😁😁😁😁 I had perfect rep watches, I also had junk imitations, of all things. But I'm sorry neither for the money spent, nor for the experience. Since I entered this hobby, I knew perfectly well that I can expect anything from this fake industry. So,i never had high expectations, just fun from the process

c'mon guys, is it really worth having regrets on this topic?! just fave fun!

Encantadore59935

my only regret is that I didn't buy a perfect Rolex daytona copy. I came across it by chance at a watch repair shop. the repair man took it out from somewhere under the drawer, offering it for $700. Gosh, how ideal it was. But I thought it was too much for it and I refused. I never came across such a well-executed rep in my life after that. Unfortunately, I can't find that man because he no longer works at the repair shop... I regret for jot taking. chance of the moment

Drinky

I regret that I sold my 16600. IT WAS AN AUTHENTIC MODEL!!!

this model is still my favorite. I sold it out of stupidity because I didn't understand its value at that time. I thought I would get good money for it, and so it was. And I thought I would find a good replica to replace it. Yet, I could never find a rep even close to that gen watch.... So stupid of me.... I'd rather not read the thread because it makes me sad

Maric

I regret that I sold my 16600. IT WAS AN AUTHENTIC MODEL!!!

this model is still my favorite. I sold it out of stupidity because I didn't understand its value at that time. I thought I would get good money for it, and so it was. And I thought I would find a good replica to replace it. Yet, I could never find a rep even close to that gen watch.... So stupid of me.... I'd rather not read the thread because it makes me sad
r u serious dude?

people buy reps because they can't afford an authentic one. Everyone here would get a gen right away if they had the money. But, we settle for reps because there are not enough financial possibilities... and you... u sell your gen for a rep 💁‍♂️🤦‍♂️.... how silly! no offense... You didn't know that Rolexes are investment pieces?!

YupyLuk

Yes. I can recall a regret of mine... a few years ago, someone proposed to me to buy a $400 rep. The owner had bought it for $950 earlier. it was a swiss copy and the rep looked great. The owner needed money urgently and he was selling everything he could, including his swiss copy reps watches. It seemed expensive to me at the time and I refused. Now I feel extremely sorry because it was really a good fke. Now I understand that for $400, I'm unlikely to find an equally good imitation. I would have to pay about 1K today for such a watch

for the rest, I'm not sorry for anything. I take things easy... after all, they're just some accessories

HorsePower

my regrets are that I never dared to ask for a refund, replacement or simply, to write to the dealers about the awful rep watches I received several times. Don't get me wrong: in my experience, I had a gorgeous replicas with superb execution and finish. But several times, I received some Chinese imitations of terrible quality, lightweight, with visibly glued details, horrible dial colors and mediocre functionality. Every time, I said to myself "well, what could I expect from rep dealers?!" and that's ALL. I never dared to tell them how terrible their watches are and that it was a big mistake to buy from them. I think it's about my impostor syndrome which always doesn't allow me to do what I want.....

Eugene

yep: I regret not having tried a swiss copy. got Japanese reps and pretty satisfied with them. their price gave me an advantage; it was neither too expensive nor too little. but the swiss copy ones - I was afraid of being disappointed. now that I see that my Japanese reps have gut, swiss copies would have been even better... so, for fear of being disappointed, I opted for something of medium quality. I was afraid of the superior quality; but, I think it is repairable and in a short time anyway, I will try a swiss copy to see what this means. but I have to raise some money for it 😂

StevenOhio

don't worry much and get over it... look at this lesson as an experience, and next time, you will be more cautious and buy with more patience... after all, dealers always create a sense of urgency through promotions , offers, discounts that somehow force us to buy quickly so as not to miss the offer... it's a natural thing to react to such marketing tools...

my regret is not having bought a rep i found in Alania when on vacation. turkish people are true masters in selling things :DDDDDD i thought the rep wasnt worth the money at that time, although it really was looking good quality

It probably wasn't my watch, I guess. what's yours, it comes to you without much effort