Bell Ross imitations: opinions, reviews, suggestions

###IcySpicY###

Hi, know-it-all community,
I wanted to know your opinion about Bell & Ross reps. I've been looking recently at some of them, especially at military watches. I have a "love/hate" attitude about them. on the one side, I didn't find any other brand designing military sports watches so well. on the other side, I'm not sure about their square case. I'm afraid I'm gonna get one and got regret it later. I'm not used to such types of watches, and I feel like being curious about them. Any thoughts, reviews, or recommendations based on your own experience?
Grateful

KaraTisH

Military watches are specific, indeed. Not every watch enthusiast will buy one just to have it in his collection. these are mostly preferred by specific people. I know a guy that was working in the office next to ours, he wore only military watches. But his whole look and style were somehow “military”. The backpack even was with a camouflage imprint

Either way, I agree with u that Bell and ross make them pretty different. And they are nice. I would recommend you the BR03-92 version. I found two versions, one in PVD black coating and another in the steel version. The PVD black comes with a textile strap, the steel one with a leather strap.

42mm case, 4 screws keeping the case compact, highly readable, despite the camouflage dial. I only am reticent about the date window on the PVD version. It’s almost invisible. Replica manufacturers screwed it up with the date window on the black surface of the dial. It is very tiny and hard to spot. So, if the date window is a critically necessary function for you, it will be hard for you with the watch. If you skip the date window, it’s pretty ok

hiFUProstry

Military watches are specific, indeed. Not every watch enthusiast will buy one just to have it in his collection. these are mostly preferred by specific people. I know a guy that was working in the office next to ours, he wore only military watches. But his whole look and style were somehow “military”. The backpack even was with a camouflage imprint

Either way, I agree with u that Bell and ross make them pretty different. And they are nice. I would recommend you the BR03-92 version. I found two versions, one in PVD black coating and another in the steel version. The PVD black comes with a textile strap, the steel one with a leather strap.

42mm case, 4 screws keeping the case compact, highly readable, despite the camouflage dial. I only am reticent about the date window on the PVD version. It’s almost invisible. Replica manufacturers screwed it up with the date window on the black surface of the dial. It is very tiny and hard to spot. So, if the date window is a critically necessary function for you, it will be hard for you with the watch. If you skip the date window, it’s pretty ok
the date window is more visible on the steel version. the steel version is made by another factory the the one in PVD. and it makes the dial a little bit different. it places the date window on the white area of the dial and it's more clear and visible and readable, as well. the date window gen really is tiny because the genuine model has it like that. either way, the factory producing the steel version is a more successful one in design.

technically, both run on 9015 Miyota, so both are decently reliable. but the steel one is more to my liking, especially because of the old-looking leather strap. so it's not entirely military, it's more like between military and vintage. might suit you better if you like such a style

CringeUser

have any of you had 9015 movement? how's it?
don't know much of it; just heard a couple of complaints about it...
regarding watches, the steel one is more to my style. it can be worn with different outfits. the band version is "too military" for me. there's too much camouflage pattern. the dial and the strap is all camouflage. also, I think the sticking on the band is not performed as professionally as on the leather.
between these two options, I'd go with the steel version. it' 316l steel, if im not mistaken

why does anyone say here that Bell and ross makes specific military watches? watches like watches. other brands also have decent variants. especially, if you @###IcySpicY### say that you're not ok with the square shape.

I dont see much difference in style and design concept between BELL AND ROSS and Hamilton Khaki field, for example.
A good Bell and ross are about 500$. A Hamilton khaki is about $750. And it comes with 50 m of WR, H-50 in-house calibre movement, sapphire crystal, and canvas NATO. And the trap is not so “camouflage” patterned as the bell and ross is.

Or, for an even cheaper version, look at the CWC British Military G10. A very modest military watch, if you don’t want something loud. 50 meters of WR also, swiss quartz. Its disadvantage is the acrylic crystal type, but the watch is about $300, so the price makes you forget about the shortcoming, I think. Simple black military watch. Why o complicate everything?

Honestly, from all the bell ross collection, I might accept only n the Vintage line and a couple of Aviation instruments (bronze and wood watches, for example). And that’s it. Not the number one fan of this brand. All seem too bold like they are manufactured for people with impaired vision. In the vintage line, these have more elegant silhouettes. On the whole, bell and ross watches aren’t the best option for me. Maybe a Hamilton?!

staYingPosiTIve!!!

why does anyone say here that Bell and ross makes specific military watches? watches like watches. other brands also have decent variants. especially, if you @###IcySpicY### say that you're not ok with the square shape.

I dont see much difference in style and design concept between BELL AND ROSS and Hamilton Khaki field, for example.
A good Bell and ross are about 500$. A Hamilton khaki is about $750. And it comes with 50 m of WR, H-50 in-house calibre movement, sapphire crystal, and canvas NATO. And the trap is not so “camouflage” patterned as the bell and ross is.

Or, for an even cheaper version, look at the CWC British Military G10. A very modest military watch, if you don’t want something loud. 50 meters of WR also, swiss quartz. Its disadvantage is the acrylic crystal type, but the watch is about $300, so the price makes you forget about the shortcoming, I think. Simple black military watch. Why o complicate everything?
Specific because of the design that is not understood by every customer, be it a watch lover or not… for example, there are a couple of watches I love in Bell and `ross, and others I simply can’t stand. The Instruments BR03-94 is a model I can’t understand at all. Not only it’s too complicated case look heavy, but the m millions of features are useless. It’s super thick, who wears something like that?! And the strap reminds me of car tires.

But, I do like the BR03-92 diver blue. the bezel Somehow reminds me of the Submariner but with a wider strap. 42*42 with 4 screws, brushed frontal face, and polished square edges. I mean that technically, it has the same features like the military one, but looks far more pleasant and attractive. Colors have a lot to do in a watch design

TesaLLiuM8565

getting hot in here...
@CringeUser I've had reps running on such a Japanese movement. served me for 4 years, gave the rep to my cousin, and still runs ok. it's easily serviced, so haven't had no issues with it

as for the Bell ross watches, I'd suggest looking at BR03-92 Heritage PVD black. In fact it has a black dial and yellow printings with hour numerals. Great Lime in the dark with replicas, I saw it at a party. Also, running on a myiotq 9015, like most of them. Ive asked the boy at the party how the movement runs, and he told me it ran only 4 secs faster each day. It’s a standard accuracy indicator for the most reps

JL$4k029

Hey guys, the author needs advice on WHAT Bell Ross watches to choose, not why he shouldn’t choose one… I agree that bell ross watches aren’t for anyone, but it doesn’t mean you have to talk him out if you don’t resonate with the brand. So, be kinder here…

I’m not very familiar with the brand, really. so, I know little about its collections and models. But one model is resounding for me, particularly the BR1 Aviation model. Even if most bell ross watches are strongly sporty, this one has a little elegance and doesn’t look as bold as the others
I found out about this model by accident when I was searching for WordPress platform information.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 00.19.18.pngI also found out about this platform’s founder Matt Mullenweg. His history seems interesting to me and I started to read more about him and his professional background. Long story short, I saw this watch on his wrist actually in some pictures. So, it’s somehow a famous watch)) its design is pretty different from the rest and catches attention. Replicas are also available, I found a couple

DanielDJZI

The Diver blue seems nice to me, more or less, as I’m not a big fan of bell and ross. I’m more with the round cases actually. Also, I heard that square cases for reps have that water resistance issue. I’m not sure exactly about it, as I never had one. So, you better make sure about this aspect with your dealer. Me, I always take my reps off, even if they’re waterproof. I better avoid any risks. I don’t want my money wasted just because I want to show off with my watch in water. I don’t need it in water.

As for the BR 03-92 diver rep that I’m talking about, it’s blue, so it’s eye-catching, especially for the hot season. Its dimension are commonly 42*42. Comes with polished and brushed surfaces. On the bezel it has some white engravings, and as far as know most of them, if not all are from 316 steel. I barely think any bell ad ross rep can be 904l. So 316l is enough.

Technically, it runs on a Miyota 9015, at least with the TD I talked to about it. Maybe other factories make it on another type of movement. IDK if you trust this movement, but the two reps I had on it served me for about 2-3 years. Considering that I paid little money for them,, I think they served well. Either way, I have never worn reps for more than about 2 years, and I get bored.

Most reps are written to resist up to 50 m, but I told u, I never tested their WR capacity. Up to you if you take it to water. But on the whole, this model catches me the most

CoVriGoooU

I totally share your love/hate relationship with bell and ross watches. A couple of months ago I was listing through the internet and looking at them. I couldn’t find an appropriate model for my brother, as he asked me to review a couple for him. But, I saw a model on one of our clients’ wrists, it looked so fabulous. I didn’t have the chance and the moment to ask him about the technical specs and the exact model he had worn, as the entire meeting was all in a rush. There was a moment when I realized that bell and ross might not look so fabulous in the pictures. But on the wrist they are phenomenal and they have a separate, distinctive style.

From all versions, I’d probably go with the Bell & Ross BR123 GMT 24H SS/RU Blue. Truth is that I’m not sure about the 2832-2 automatic movement, I never had one like that. But for the physical aspect, it looks pretty solid. I’m not sure I I’d opt for the square bell and ross. Considering my wrist, I think I won’t feel it ok as the squares would make me feel uncomfortable. But, the blue dial attracts me pretty much

Also, I like the Bell & Ross WW1-02 Military SS/LE Black/Wht on Miyota 9015. Ive heard a lot about this Miyota and even had a couple. Works stably. This model is attracting me more for its unusual vintage leather band. I think it must look pretty well with casual and dress styles. I’m a bit reticent about its 45mm case. I think it might be too big for my wrist again. But if your wrist is not small, you can consider it

chip&dale

Many users have the same relationship of love/hate with the BR. IF you’re to sure with square watches, get a round one

ArnoldTHEgreat

I'm not commenting the bell and ross watches in particular, rather than the idea of getting a watch you are not sure of...
I see two options here:
-you either get the cheapest option, so you dont feel sorry about the lost money, and get the square bell&ross to see yourself how it feels and fits and matches your wardrobe and overall style. No one can tell you much about the feelings. some love square cases, some them, `so, you have to figure it out by yourself;
-or you give up the idea and get the watch you are sure about. From my experience, all watches I bought swinging between "I like it/I dont like it" eded up in the trash, especially the reps ones, which didn't cost me a fortune.
A watch is to be loved and wanted. otherwise, you just dont buy it

igivente

I'm not commenting the bell and ross watches in particular, rather than the idea of getting a watch you are not sure of...
I see two options here:
-you either get the cheapest option, so you dont feel sorry about the lost money, and get the square bell&ross to see yourself how it feels and fits and matches your wardrobe and overall style. No one can tell you much about the feelings. some love square cases, some them, `so, you have to figure it out by yourself;
-or you give up the idea and get the watch you are sure about. From my experience, all watches I bought swinging between "I like it/I dont like it" eded up in the trash, especially the reps ones, which didn't cost me a fortune.
A watch is to be loved and wanted. otherwise, you just dont buy it
hey, where's the frustration from?))))
your "philosophy" is way out of the normal... millions of watch fans get watches without being sure in what they get. and how do you expect people to "know what they want" until they get it, test it, and relize it fits well. following your logic, no one can never have a watch just because they don't know what they get

igivente

also, @###IcySpicY### get your bell and Ross watch without listening to haters, they are gonna hate. BRS92-BLU-ST/SCR model is my suggestion for u. the square form doesn't look loud due to the balanced dial. so, dont' really think you'll get tired of it soon. looks once in the whole.

PpiroJookK88735

I think you guys are missing something with the bell and ross brand, really. you either didn't search enough about t, or had the bad luck to come across only idiotic models, if you still write so many negative reviews about it...
BRX5R-IB-ST/SST: great timepiece. All stainless steel, and the date window is like no other. Ice-blue dial-magnificent, ad in general, a multi-piece case construction with this watch.

BR 05 GMT: a great GMT that doesn’t look as ugly as most GMTs do. It’s soft, clean, compact.

BR 05 Chrono/BR05C-BU-ST/SRB: very elegant piece. When I first saw it, I could believe that bell and ross makes such elegant stuff.

So, here are at least 3 Bell and Ross watches to consider, with a pretty catchy design. Agree on that the brand has a specific design approach, ut it doesn't mean that all of them are ugly. You should be looking better

ObeisDexter

I think you guys are missing something with the bell and ross brand, really. you either didn't search enough about t, or had the bad luck to come across only idiotic models, if you still write so many negative reviews about it...
BRX5R-IB-ST/SST: great timepiece. All stainless steel, and the date window is like no other. Ice-blue dial-magnificent, ad in general, a multi-piece case construction with this watch.

BR 05 GMT: a great GMT that doesn’t look as ugly as most GMTs do. It’s soft, clean, compact.

BR 05 Chrono/BR05C-BU-ST/SRB: very elegant piece. When I first saw it, I could believe that bell and ross makes such elegant stuff.

So, here are at least 3 Bell and Ross watches to consider, with a pretty catchy design. Agree on that the brand has a specific design approach, ut it doesn't mean that all of them are ugly. You should be looking better
good selection of Bell and Ross models!!!

the BR 05 GMT is the one I'd opt for, from all.
DON'T AGREE WTH THOSE DECLARING THAT THIS BRAND IS UGLY!!! u know nothing about watches then!!!

bagaBOO57335

u know?! t's not the first time I hear disputes about bell and ross watches. and what I think is that these watches look far more better on the wrist than on the sites pictures, really. I somehow met a guy in a pub some time ago, we was wearing a BR 03 94 BLACK MATTE. have no idea if it was genuine or not, you it's not the point. the point is that every time I was seeing this watch in different rep stores I was always thinking WHAT AN UGLY PIECE 🤢🤢
honestly seeing now, you have no idea how great the guy was looking with this watch on the wrist. really, it looks expensive, very practical, and the square shape has its charm. on the pictures, the watch looks too bold because of its too much black on it. it's all black. but on the guy, it looked expressive, especially due to the bright lume.
in one word, these watches must be worn to understand their value. when it's only theory, it's hard to make a decision in favor or disfavour of them