Best case shape?

Gloo

is not about consuming, i cant say that this bothers me that much. actually is more about informing myself. i had the feeling like I dont get something or maybe i look at the shapes from a different perspective. it is a learning process and i think i have to go with more info. i find myself in different positions among different shapes and sometimes i cant get an idea why.
started to feel like there is smth wrong with me:D
:D
sometimes it feels like, some things are simpler than they seem. i think that this is one of the cases.
Judging by all the comments here, the shape of the watch has a different influence on every single person. So, this is why the behavior over the case shapes is going to be different for everybody. I don't even think that there is going to be one single conclusion.
:D this is a type of thread that is going to end the same as it started. for some people, this is going to be a good thing to collect information, but the final result is going to be the same.
:D:D

Goofew

there is ntg wrong with you dude. thats okay. it is plausible that you want to be informed. but i think that you are never going to find just one answer to this post. there are many possible answers and you know what? this is what makes us mad, cause all the answers here are right. :D
:D:D:D:D:D:D
so, the thing is to go with your own gut and that's all? means that you don't need to ever ask about this. :LOL:, im going to add this question to the list of " questions with many possible answers, which, every single one of them is right"
:LOL::LOL:

Wervelf

so, the thing is to go with your own gut and that's all? means that you don't need to ever ask about this. :LOL:, im going to add this question to the list of " questions with many possible answers, which, every single one of them is right"
:LOL::LOL:
not like that no :D you don't have to forget and thats all. i think that the best possible answer for your question is to go with the idea of analyzing the behavior of different people that usually go with high quality watches. Ask them about size and why they decided to go with such form. Just after time and a lot of wondering you are going to understand what actually happens.

Eddie

most of my relatives, especially the older ones, have round watches. I have no idea why, and if it is somehow related to the psychological aspect. I think it is, actually. a few years ago, if one bought a round watch, the domino effect was triggered, and everyone bought watches with the same shape. the one who could afford a different watch was somehow seen as an intruder ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

now, my friends are experimenting hard with the shapes of the watches, getting themselves whatever shape you want. it seems to me that the world has somewhat detached itself from the previous standards and clichรฉs.
for me, all types of cases have a place in the collection ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. it is important to have a suitable design, be it flat or triangular ๐Ÿ˜

WatchOut

well, it all started with round clocks that were the easiest to build. it is normal that this remained the basic standard like the original one. but to be honest, I don't really see the people around me being somehow more attached to round cases than to other forms. Nn the contrary, it seems to me that people easily adapt to trends and if a rectangular watch is in trend, people look for one like it. if the trend is towards an oversized watch, people will look for one of these. Probably, your relatives are somehow more special than the rest, if they all limit themselves to one type of watch :D

Gaindred

most of my relatives, especially the older ones, have round watches. I have no idea why, and if it is somehow related to the psychological aspect. I think it is, actually. a few years ago, if one bought a round watch, the domino effect was triggered, and everyone bought watches with the same shape. the one who could afford a different watch was somehow seen as an intruder ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

now, my friends are experimenting hard with the shapes of the watches, getting themselves whatever shape you want. it seems to me that the world has somewhat detached itself from the previous standards and clichรฉs.
for me, all types of cases have a place in the collection ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. it is important to have a suitable design, be it flat or triangular ๐Ÿ˜
for elderly people, that's for sure, this moment of a round watch was something to contemplate on. it was something regular that makes you feel okay. i know that in those years if you saw a watch that has a different shape it was something outrageous for a lot of people. this is why just the most extroverted people could choose a watch in different shapes. or celebrities from movies, and singers.
it is like today when we look at some fashion shows and we can't believe that celebrities decided to wear something like that... this is kind of weird for us, same for our grands.

Gloo

well, it all started with round clocks that were the easiest to build. it is normal that this remained the basic standard like the original one. but to be honest, I don't really see the people around me being somehow more attached to round cases than to other forms. Nn the contrary, it seems to me that people easily adapt to trends and if a rectangular watch is in trend, people look for one like it. if the trend is towards an oversized watch, people will look for one of these. Probably, your relatives are somehow more special than the rest, if they all limit themselves to one type of watch :D
for sure you go with people that are more open minded... this is the wrong word to say.. are more about changes, are more extra and want to try everything. usually, people go with watches that make them comfortable and don't makes them go out of control.:D
The biggest part of people on this planet doesn't want to attract all the attention with some details that they wear.
This is why you can find the biggest part of them going with round cases.
Besides this, the psychological factor that watches should look round is the movies and cartoons that are really old. Everywhere watches were represented in round shapes, this is a huge influence over people's minds.

Goofew

not like that no :D you don't have to forget and thats all. i think that the best possible answer for your question is to go with the idea of analyzing the behavior of different people that usually go with high quality watches. Ask them about size and why they decided to go with such form. Just after time and a lot of wondering you are going to understand what actually happens.
I'm quite sure that rich people are actually choosing a different kinds of shapes. I'm sure that rich people are already bored with round shapes and they just go on with shapes that are unusual.

MinervuS

OCTAGONAL!!!!! HUBLOT RULES IN THIS FIELD!!! and this shape is really, BUT REALLY CONFI! AND GOOD-looking also. the round ones are already boring, though some models are still attractive!

Gloo

OCTAGONAL!!!!! HUBLOT RULES IN THIS FIELD!!! and this shape is really, BUT REALLY CONFI! AND GOOD-looking also. the round ones are already boring, though some models are still attractive!
cool to know people that love to watch in different shapes. especially when you see such information about watches that not everybody wants to go with. this is quite cool.

Wervelf

I'm quite sure that rich people are actually choosing a different kinds of shapes. I'm sure that rich people are already bored with round shapes and they just go on with shapes that are unusual.
Could be, people, are different. Those that I know about are not experimenting. They want to go with classy, clean, and well-cared-for versions. We are not talking here about celebrities that are in show business and that they always need to express themselves. Trust me a lot of times they do this in order to impress people, not because they are totally in love with some shapes or specific brands.
Don't forget that such people have their own fashion counselors that are deciding which kind of dress, tuxedo, style, clothes, brands of clothes, and even brands of watches they should combine.
If you go with paparazzi photos of the same celebrities that you see on the red carpet, you can observe that they switch to something simple and calculated. Something that brings comfort and pleasure. In day to day life they look just like us, simple people.
Rich people that I know, are not in show business, they don't care what other people tell about them and think. They are well self-confident about themselves and what they actually want. All of them appreciated calculated luxury classy things.

Goofew

Could be, people, are different. Those that I know about are not experimenting. They want to go with classy, clean, and well-cared-for versions. We are not talking here about celebrities that are in show business and that they always need to express themselves. Trust me a lot of times they do this in order to impress people, not because they are totally in love with some shapes or specific brands.
Don't forget that such people have their own fashion counselors that are deciding which kind of dress, tuxedo, style, clothes, brands of clothes, and even brands of watches they should combine.
If you go with paparazzi photos of the same celebrities that you see on the red carpet, you can observe that they switch to something simple and calculated. Something that brings comfort and pleasure. In day to day life they look just like us, simple people.
Rich people that I know, are not in show business, they don't care what other people tell about them and think. They are well self-confident about themselves and what they actually want. All of them appreciated calculated luxury classy things.
interesting to know. this is so weird that people seem to be similar but at the same time, all people are so different. ๐Ÿคฏ

PpiroJookK88735

if I think from the perspective of comfort, the round ones are the most to my taste. nothing in them bothers me and I practically don't feel them when I wear them on my wrist. clearly here I am talking about reasonable proportions of 39mm-41mm. anything bigger than that already becomes a bit uncomfortable.
but if I think from the aesthetic point of view, the rectangular ones make me smile more. they have their own specific charm. even without major complications on the dial, the rectangular cases look very good even from afar and stand out gorgeously

Gloo

if I think from the perspective of comfort, the round ones are the most to my taste. nothing in them bothers me and I practically don't feel them when I wear them on my wrist. clearly here I am talking about reasonable proportions of 39mm-41mm. anything bigger than that already becomes a bit uncomfortable.
but if I think from the aesthetic point of view, the rectangular ones make me smile more. they have their own specific charm. even without major complications on the dial, the rectangular cases look very good even from afar and stand out gorgeously
maybe it also depends on the width of the wrist and the form i suppose...
i have a tiny wrist and never had some bad experiences with wearing large size cases. it always felt comfortable, of course, if you adjust the strap on the wrist according to the wrist the watch is going to fit better.
i have some friends that didn't get this thing. they never adjusted the strap before, they just used to wear it as it comes and had some bad experiences. always thinking that the size of the watch is not good.
( not strap, i meant the bracelet)

Wervelf

agree and not!
it all depends on the size on the style and the model. I have seen during my life so many diff. watches that i can assure you, you can always find a good watch even if it has a really weird shape. Sometimes it can be real, that the shape is just not made for you. I always thought at the beginning that rectangular shapes of watches are not for me. I just tried two, from two different brands and they were the same for me uncomfortable and all...
after some years and so many diff. brands i have found some models that were good. looked good and felt good too.
don't forget about one important thing, it got it with experience, the thickness of the watch can do a lot of things. some are to big and width and you can feel like it is uncomfortable for the wrist and vice versa. The right model can be around the corner and you maybe don't even know about it.

MCGregor

I believe that an avid watch lover should be able to find beauty and admiration beyond the watch case. I don't see the shape of the watch as a ultimate priority. there are rectangular watches with a ghuilloche dial pattern that can make even the biggest hater of rectangular watches fall in love with them. and vice versa, there are traditional round cases that have nothing special in them. Everything is relative and the shape is nothing but a design element, but not the most important. The things in a watch must be seen as an ensemble

chip&dale

it seems to me that if you focus only on one type of case, you get bored at some point. you are welcome to experiment with different forms of watches. Besides, you have no way of knowing which one suits you better. and when you go from round ones to square and rectangular ones, the experience of wearing watches is much more interesting.

Lately, I only wear an Apple watch and a Fossil only. One is big, another is small. One is round, the other is square. it seems fun for me. but if I end up wearing only the fossil, it gets boring at some point

petrucho^^

round watches sound good to me..... I wear square or rectangular on special occasions only. idk, but i got to believer that round are the most versatile ones for the daily wear

Goofew

seems like all people here have different thoughts on this and they are just going to go with this all over again.
i was right, this is hard to say and hard to change.
i dont think that there is going to be a final answer to all of this. a firm answer to this thread does not exist.
1675876920591.png

Wervelf

it seems to me that if you focus only on one type of case, you get bored at some point. you are welcome to experiment with different forms of watches. Besides, you have no way of knowing which one suits you better. and when you go from round ones to square and rectangular ones, the experience of wearing watches is much more interesting.

Lately, I only wear an Apple watch and a Fossil only. One is big, another is small. One is round, the other is square. it seems fun for me. but if I end up wearing only the fossil, it gets boring at some point
true, but people are different and sometimes one thing that seems to be normal for us, can actually seem like it is not.
well, i think that every single person should go with shapes and styles that they love. you should not listen to anybody and for sure just listen for things that you actually like.
@Goofew this is what we talked about. this is never going to change my friend. i don't want to scare you but this is not the only topic that you can go argue and never find a conclusion:D