Best case shape?

Goofew

true, but people are different and sometimes one thing that seems to be normal for us, can actually seem like it is not.
well, i think that every single person should go with shapes and styles that they love. you should not listen to anybody and for sure just listen for things that you actually like.
@Goofew this is what we talked about. this is never going to change my friend. i don't want to scare you but this is not the only topic that you can go argue and never find a conclusion:D
got interested and u know what?
i found some good articles bout watches of 2022. seems like this year ppl decided to go with watches with a weird shape. 🤨
this means that they are in fashion right now or that people simple love them???
for me, it is weird... idk. it is like ppl do even care if they like the shape as long as its the most popular watch out there. really strange.

Matias

like it or not, round cases are the most popular shapes. then follow the square ones, like in Monaco. Then there are rectangular ones like those specific to Jaeger LeCoultre. This is also where the Tank form comes in, which best describes the shape of Cartier watches.
Vertical-ovals are very rarely (if not ever) for men. these are specific more for women. very few brands produce them. The garage ones, i.e. round but horizontal, are even less common. they are not at all practical and comfortable. therefore, they are seen more as beauty accessories. At Piaget they are more common.
The cushion form, i.e. the square ones, but with obviously rounded edges are usually bought when you already have all possible shapes in your collection :D and you don't know what to add)))
Asymmetric watches are probably the least popular. In my life I have never met anyone with an asymmetric watch, even if I am closely related to people with strange preferences for watches.))

So I have listed the types of watches by popularity, in descending order. the round ones remain the most popular, regardless of whether the psychological reason is behind it or not. but more, I think that these are simply the most comfortable of all. with the rest, it takes some time to adapt to them

Wervelf

got interested and u know what?
i found some good articles bout watches of 2022. seems like this year ppl decided to go with watches with a weird shape. 🤨
this means that they are in fashion right now or that people simple love them???
for me, it is weird... idk. it is like ppl do even care if they like the shape as long as its the most popular watch out there. really strange.
i dont know about others but for sure this is not a thing...
i dont really care about fashion and how actually cool this is..\
this thing is more like bullshit to me... like you have to base your appearance on what fashion dictates about you and this is really sad.
i dont really care that the fashion says that they are in trend or something like this... it is enough that i dont feel good with it to make it totally change the course.

Goofew

i dont know about others but for sure this is not a thing...
i dont really care about fashion and how actually cool this is..\
this thing is more like bullshit to me... like you have to base your appearance on what fashion dictates about you and this is really sad.
i dont really care that the fashion says that they are in trend or something like this... it is enough that i dont feel good with it to make it totally change the course.
maybe you are right that better to trust your own instincts and your own taste.
i just wanted to mention that i found it really weird that people were so interested in it.
i still cant understand who are those people that get to decide which style if going to be the best one and in the fashion for this season or for another season.???/

Wervelf

maybe you are right that better to trust your own instincts and your own taste.
i just wanted to mention that i found it really weird that people were so interested in it.
i still cant understand who are those people that get to decide which style if going to be the best one and in the fashion for this season or for another season.???/
poor baby, you are so confused.:D
yep there is usually the fashion industry, the fashion industries are of those haut couture houses that usually come with new colors and styles. have you ever observed some articles at the beginning of every year where you can see titles like " The color of the year" or something like this... This is all linked with what actually the fashion houses that are accepted around the world as being the best houses ever are implementing or releasing this year. When you see that quite all the houses are operating with the same color, you can get the idea that yep, this is the color of the year. The same happens with shapes and types of materials, forms, and so on.... it is a monopolized industry and has a big influence over a lot of people. Unfortunately, a lot of people are controlled by these houses. :censored:
All of these is made for money of course. They make money, imagine that there are people that every year are changing their wardrobe entirely because the colors is not the one of the years, because of the material or other things related to this. Silly...

Goofew

poor baby, you are so confused.:D
yep there is usually the fashion industry, the fashion industries are of those haut couture houses that usually come with new colors and styles. have you ever observed some articles at the beginning of every year where you can see titles like " The color of the year" or something like this... This is all linked with what actually the fashion houses that are accepted around the world as being the best houses ever are implementing or releasing this year. When you see that quite all the houses are operating with the same color, you can get the idea that yep, this is the color of the year. The same happens with shapes and types of materials, forms, and so on.... it is a monopolized industry and has a big influence over a lot of people. Unfortunately, a lot of people are controlled by these houses. :censored:
All of these is made for money of course. They make money, imagine that there are people that every year are changing their wardrobe entirely because the colors is not the one of the years, because of the material or other things related to this. Silly...
this is so sad to hear..
some houses are deciding what to wear and how to wear them..

even that thing about going with the color of the year.. what the hell is this supposed to mean???? like other colors are not good anymore. or people are going to point at me, if i dont go with pink but it goes with green...
this is such a stupid idea..
my father was always saying that one thing is never going to go out of style the classics.
as long as you wear a tuxedo and a good pair of shoes, nothing else matters. i was too young to understand that, but now i think i started to get it!

Wervelf

this is so sad to hear..
some houses are deciding what to wear and how to wear them..

even that thing about going with the color of the year.. what the hell is this supposed to mean???? like other colors are not good anymore. or people are going to point at me, if i dont go with pink but it goes with green...
this is such a stupid idea..
my father was always saying that one thing is never going to go out of style the classics.
as long as you wear a tuxedo and a good pair of shoes, nothing else matters. i was too young to understand that, but now i think i started to get it!
HAAHAHHA got me like LOL...
the color of the year yeah, pretty interesting thing actually.
U know what is actually scary when you start to see one of your friends changing the wardrobe just because of the color. I decided to go shopping with on of my friends to go for a dress that I needed, and I so her going for all the shitty things that actually are in color of the year. I asked her about it she told me that she loves to do this and that she must go with that color because soon all the girls are going to go with this :D
she even tried to put me on the same road... but of course this didn't worked:D

Eugene

is there such a thing as "best case shape"???? it's so subjective and biased thing to tell... I choose according to my taste, without having a specific preference... getting bored with only one kind of case so have got different watches rectangular, square, round, all kind... that's good for differentiating and great for matching with my mood and style

BusyAsHell

the best one is the one that fits your needs and wrist anatomy... you should test different shapes to understand which ones fit better... in my case, for example, the rectangular ones don't suit me, even if I like them... I can't stand them on my wrist as their corners dig into my wrist... but on your wrist, it could be arranged differently... I prefer round watches,,, but I came to this conclusion after I tested various models

StevenOhio

I love rectangular watches, but they must be relatively small. the big ones usually cause me discomfort because the corners dig into my writing. if it is a slim and relatively narrow case, I wear them with pleasure. I like minimalist watches; as a rule, they have window data and nothing more than that. so a rectangular sleek case is more than enough for me, and looks very nice