Black Bay Pro Tudor vs Pelagos!!! my own insight

chip&dale

I don't really understand why the people is so attached to Pelagos, if the proportions are about the same. or am I mistaken somehow? Pelagos 14.3, while BB is 14.8. And 41mm for the BB, while 42mm for Pelagos. I mean, there is some difference. but is it really that considerable?

For me personally, flat sapphire is a deal breaker. Therefore, pelagos is suddenly excluded from the preferences. Even the 500 meters water resistance of `pelagos does not convince me. The technical effort of Pelagos is to be appreciated for sure, but 500 m is absolutely useless for me.

I'm not sure how effective the Chromalight in PELAGOS is compared to the Superluminova in BB. But given that I don't do much diving, the brightness under water is not a priority.

Same frequency, same accuracy of -4/+6 spd for both watches...
The only thing that satisfies me about Pelagos is the titanium case and the matte black dial. Though, these are not s priority for me...So somehow I see more advantages in BB, according to my personal preferences

DomPerignon

God, I have the impression that this is the first time you have to deal with such a height. as if tudor made a case 25mm high.....
I think the height is generous, yes, but not exaggerated. if the wrist is slightly massive and wide, I don't see why such a height would not look good on the wrist.

for me it would have been more critical if the watch was wider in diameter. large diameter cases are a problem for me because their edges make me uncomfortable. but the height is quite acceptable. Between pelagos and Pro, I would go for the model with square hour markers. There is something modern in them, unlike the round ones. On the whole, I find more benefits in both models and the height does not seem absurd to me at all!

$BarHat$

nice point of view @MCGregor , mochas gracias for the insight.
it seems to me that many here comment on the height of the watch based on pure theory, without taking into account that the author has somehow specified that once placed on the wrist, the height is not overly noticeable. I love it when people invent problems where they don't exist. you, GUYS, have clear proof from the example of @MCGregor that the height seems to be ok in relation to the entire construction of the watch. Why continue to give your opinion when you have the argument in front of you, based on a real and personal experience?

I will even think about a tudor pro in the near future. the height that everyone thinks is exaggerated can be forgiven considering the technical profile and the clearly structured and utilitarian appearance of the Pro watch.

Myryopod

God, I have the impression that this is the first time you have to deal with such a height. as if tudor made a case 25mm high.....
I think the height is generous, yes, but not exaggerated. if the wrist is slightly massive and wide, I don't see why such a height would not look good on the wrist.

for me it would have been more critical if the watch was wider in diameter. large diameter cases are a problem for me because their edges make me uncomfortable. but the height is quite acceptable. Between pelagos and Pro, I would go for the model with square hour markers. There is something modern in them, unlike the round ones. On the whole, I find more benefits in both models and the height does not seem absurd to me at all!
I agree, but only partially.... maybe the large diameter is a bigger dealbreaker, but what do you do when this brick" doesn't get under the sleeve when you wear a sweater or something with long sleeves? even with a light outfit, tall watches look silly on the wrist....

Ocean BLUE

I recently bought a Cartier watch. but before getting it, I was thinking and wavering about a Pelagos Tudor. I opted for Cartier because Pelagos lacks personality and character I still see it as a shadow of Rolex. It has been creating good things lately, but it is still in the development phase

Moderatto

I recently bought a Cartier watch. but before getting it, I was thinking and wavering about a Pelagos Tudor. I opted for Cartier because Pelagos lacks personality and character I still see it as a shadow of Rolex. It has been creating good things lately, but it is still in the development phase
isn't it about Cartier All Black? when you talk about personality, this is exactly the model I imagine...

Matias

I see shortcomings in both, if I'm honest... respectively, it depends on what you are looking for in a watch and if the shortcoming is acceptable for you.
in general, tudor is not my brand and it is unlikely that I would buy one of these 2. but if I had to choose between them, I would go for the Pelagos version.
Even though I know that the lume is not very good in these watches and it seems to deteriorate after the first interaction with water. however, I assume that the warranty can solve this problem, even if it occurs. With BB Pro, I'm not very happy with the dial, namely the round indexes. in pelagos I find them more modern and to my taste.

Simposium5338

nice point of view, tnx for sharing...
imho, I think people exaggerate the fact as if it were too thick... I met someone with a replica identical to the authentic model, including the height, and I understood that the issue is more on paper than in reality.
people seem to forget that 2 mm belongs to the sapphire crystal.
the truth is that it looks a little less pronounced compared to GMT 116710. but I take into account that it is a Tudor, which never aims to draw much attention to itself. I mean, it's attractive, but it doesn't attract attention, somehow...
enjoy it! it's indeed a great piece! 🤓🤓🤓

dancerINTHEdark

nice review!! thanks for it! tudor watches come under my radar more and more often. I don't rule out deciding on one soon... just that I was more engaged with the pelagos vs BB 58 models. I don't know why this Pro escaped my radar....

I know for sure that the main difference is in WR profile, it's almost the same as yours, up to 200 meters (depends on the model). but I'm not a big diver and if I go surfing twice a year, it's considered a lucky year for me.... I'm going to see more differences....

BenStone

thanks for the detailed comparison. I was really curious to find out details about tudor watches....

pelagos is more to my liking, tbh. he is closer to my style and I don't mind his shortcomings, he is a decent and very attractive guy, by me

StevenOhio

I don't know why I can't look at the Tudor brand as an individual and separate brand... I always look at it as a branch of Rolex, and I don't think that's exactly what Tudor wants from the public... I'm always curious if they are watch lovers who prefers a tudor over a rolex, just cause its a tudor, and not a younger brother of rolex...

personally, when I see a tudor on someone's wrist, I think, "well, nice... but would have been better if it was a Rolex". am I the only one who thinks so?!