California dials in rep watches

GeorgeClintonBiden

well, idk... I haven't really seen people wearing these watches around me... that makes me think that they are not very highly rated... however, I stick better to a singular style of hour markers, either Arabic or Romanian. the combination between them doesn't seem logical to me somehow... it's like mixing 2 architectural styles, gothic and vectorian for example... each of them, in separate, look amazing, but combined - it's as if you're minimizing their value. ...

maybe I still need time to perceive the Californian dial style... until then, it doesn't appeal to me much

Myryopod

Am I the only one here who just found out about this type of dial? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I mean, I had seen them occasionally, but they seemed like an abstraction somehow, but I didn't know that this is a whole concept 😁😁😁 so my bad))

either way, I like them)) it combines the modern with the traditional, what's not to like in them? only that I think they must be matched with a special fashion style. otherwise, it might not fit into the context... maybe that's why some people don't like the Californian style)

CityBreak

even apple proposes california dial)) what's not to like here? I love the symmetry in this type of dial. it looks clean, minimalist, modern, and very readable - which is the most important thing. obviously there are watch makers who screw it up with Californian design... but show me a perfect watchmaker... besides, any type of dial can be f*cked up if the designer has no sense of taste))) so , it's not just about the Californian)

overall, it's a great looking dial ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 18.10.51.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 18.10.51.png
    526.2 KB · Views: 0

UdlinINTEL

this dial is adorable. imho, numerals should not be combined with a complex dial. ideally, it would be good for the watch to have a clean monochrome dial color so that the face of the watch is not too busy aesthetically

RoyaInk

not my number one choice, tbh
the mixture of styles seems to me a lack of style. it's as if you mix Gothic constructions with modern elements in a ratio of 50 to 50. it gets lost in one style and another. So, the classic options with either arabic or roman will do better for me

DoctorWHO

I think that this variety of watches is for a certain niche of watch enthusiasts. There is something curious about this type of design, but I don't see it as suitable for any style and any environment. If I were more the vintage guy, I think one of this category would be present in my watch collection

if you combine it correctly with a stylish outfit, Californian watches look nice and fashionable. otherwise, yiou risk ruining it all if you match it with an unmatching outfit

salmeari

I think that the markers' pattern is something secondary in a dial. i mean, if the dial looks trashy per se, the californian markers won't solve the aesthetic problem too much. if on the other hand, these markings fit well in the whole context, so it is considered successful and attractive) so everything depends on the general context, not only on the separate details....

this nomos is a great example of well fitted Californian markers 😍😍😍😍
and the 2nd- awful Rolex California dial!!! πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜– sorry guys! can't stand it!! so much chromatics in it!! green markers????1 really??? so bold markers and such a huge bezel!!!! not fitting in the context at all!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 15.05.11.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 15.05.11.png
    688.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 15.07.15-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-23 at 15.07.15-min.png
    262.8 KB · Views: 0

Ethan

on the whole, I find these watches very cute....but I think they are not compatible with all clothing styles...so I think you have to understand how to combine them correctly in the context. if someone wears such a watch with sportswear, I don't think I would appreciate it very muchπŸ€“

cheetomargheritto

not my style, honeslty//
as if something is missing in the combined concept of hour markers...//

idk, I've never had to deal with such watches, but I definitely wouldn't buy one... seems incomplete to me....

diaboliquerye

they are some of the most interesting dial types out there. the first to promote this type of dial was PAnerai and to this day, namely PAnerai produces the largest number of watches with California dials...

I find them very cute. Tudor launched several California models, look very clean and attractive. I don't understand why everyone here says that a certain style is needed for these watches. imho, I think they are very versatile and go well both in casual style and in sports style. I like them

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 13.58.43.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 13.58.43.png
    868.1 KB · Views: 0

TesaLLiuM8565

i like them... look neat and nice... go well with everything... they make the dial look less busy, especially when there are too many functions in it

Eugene

nice dials🫠🫠🫠🫠 really like them)))
I don't see why so many comment about the design and stuff... very handsome hour markers and look just great with any dial

MiracuLuis

I'm sure of only one thing: even if the dealer promises to deliver a California dial exactly like the genuine watch, it's unlikely that it will be like that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ rep factories "are very talented" in modifying the design of fakes as they like , so, there are few chances to get what you really want... but, you never know until u try ))

StevenOhio

california is not for me... i mean, it doesn't bother me at all to see such a watch on somepne's wrist... minding my own businesses... but not my style... as for the reps... i don't really believe as rep factories make them identical to the authentic models... you should ask for some pictures from the supplier to make sure it's identical

Albert

c'mon, these dials are not at all difficult to reproduce... piece of cake, I don't think that rep factories make them very different from gens... the question is not so much about the dial as about the overall quality of the watch😁 you should better make sure u get a decent rep... the l;at one i bought started to lose its luster within 2 weeks) here and there i started to spot reddish metal material underneath the silver coating or whatever it was... what I want to say is that some flaws in the design are not critical in the end... the important thing is that the overall quality is decent

Cinar73967

one of my buddies has a californian dial rep. looks pretty gut and the factory imitated everything identically down to the smallest details. Californians are not difficult to reproduce in reps, so I don't think this is a big problem

SpiceEric

it's not a big deal to ask the dealer provide an identical watch. they keep in touch with manufacturers and are used to make customisable changes in rep watches according to customers' needs. it might take a little longer to get the rep done, but at least you are sure that you'll get an identical Californian dial... Californians aren't difficult to make. I think most rep dealers offer watches with identical designs

Nobbing

cmon guys, rep watches have been made superbly for several years already. californian dial;s shouldn't be a problem for the factories. it's to like you ask for a super-complicated watch with plenty of technical features. californian are as simple as possible, just ask your replica wqtch dealer to make sure that the factory makes it identical to the genuine watch. dealers usually keep in touch with the factories and can ask for some customized requirements

can't believe youre asking about the californian dial)) it's a very simple type of dial)) it ain't a big task for the rep manufacturers)) as if you were asking about a g-shock de4 last generation)))) such a gshock would be hard to reproduce identically, but a Californian..... piece of cake

look at the rep below) it's a very good performance by me) priceless

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 18.42.07-min.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 18.42.07-min.png
    395.6 KB · Views: 0

Calatrava

it is not a problem to ask for specifications of the design as it suits you... as a rule, dealers can request customized models from the factories. this might take a little longer until you receive the watch, but considering that it's not difficult to design a Californian dial, I don't think you'll have to wait very long

make sure to specify to your dealer that you want a dial exactly like in gen... if he is a customer-oriented dealer he will find solutions for you