carbon replica watches: pros and cons

LIgHtere

Hello watch lovers,

What about carbon watches? I found some replicas with carbon cases but not quite sure about their behavior in the long run. Very poor information on the internet, I mean valuable information. Carbon seems to be massively used by popular watch brands lately people talk more and more frequently about it, at least people surrounding me. Not only the corpus is made of carbon, but separate elements and details as well, like bezels, dials, etc… Luminox boasts a super powerful carbon, whatever it means. The prices for such watches are, as expected, pretty high, regardless of wether its a fake or genuine.

So, my question is how reliable are carbon watches? What are the magic properties of this material? Or is it only a marketing strategy (again)???? Share any info and any picture available, tnx

Didn’t have carbon case watches so far. I might be wrong but suppose that in extreme conditions the carbon might be highly inflammable, so there are disadvantages regarding such watches. Can’t really say that carbon dials attract me somehow, I’m like neutral about them… but, yes these watches are definitely a good option when the lightweight is the main priority

Nobbing

I’ve been looking at the Zenith carbon watches lately. Didn’t impact me a lot, on the contrary, the models are pretty modest. Their main pro is definitely their lightweight. Though, watch lovers seeking lightweight might simply opt for titanium instead of stainless steel. Titanium is indestructible. Can’t say the same thing about carbons

ObeisDexter

Didn’t have carbon case watches so far. I might be wrong but suppose that in extreme conditions the carbon might be highly inflammable, so there are disadvantages regarding such watches. Can’t really say that carbon dials attract me somehow, I’m like neutral about them… but, yes these watches are definitely a good option when the lightweight is the main priority
Same here… don’t think that carbon material adds some sort of “attractiveness” to the watch. On the other hand, these are extremely resistant to scratches, which makes them arguably overcome the steel pieces. As for severe impact with sharp objects or surfaces, these are not at all resistant and might deform. Don’t see them as appropriate for hard-working environment

Twirejj4279

Morning’ all
Actually, the carbon material is much more resistant than many think… I was wondering about this material when I was thinking about a Hublot Big Bang All Carbon Swiss Replica Watch. I wasn’t sure about it, especially in replicas. It turned out that the biggest watchmaking houses have begun using this material in their watches, such as A Piguet and Richard Mille. Actually, this material has been and is still used for the manufacturing of details for space aircraft and racing cars. In fact, it is hard, highly resistant to temperatures and their changing from + to -, impressively resistant to deformation, and also sturdier than steel.

Just think of it; to make carbon, the process involves the addition of graphite, and the latter is a compound of diamonds. Needless to mention here that diamonds are the hardest material on earth…
I can’t really explain the chemical process taking place during carbon manufacturing, but all revolve around certain bondings between graphic carbons. Mainly these bondings provide antimagnetic properties and resistance to any kind of impact. Most carbon watches are big and robust. This is because watch manufacturers include in them as many functions as possible since the carbon is pretty able to “protect” them from the outside. However, the lightweight makes them easy to wear. For the modern watch industry, these watches are a revelation, especially for the sports type. The same goes for the replica carbon watches

JL$4k029

Morning’ all
Actually, the carbon material is much more resistant than many think… I was wondering about this material when I was thinking about a Hublot Big Bang All Carbon Swiss Replica Watch. I wasn’t sure about it, especially in replicas. It turned out that the biggest watchmaking houses have begun using this material in their watches, such as A Piguet and Richard Mille. Actually, this material has been and is still used for the manufacturing of details for space aircraft and racing cars. In fact, it is hard, highly resistant to temperatures and their changing from + to -, impressively resistant to deformation, and also sturdier than steel.

Just think of it; to make carbon, the process involves the addition of graphite, and the latter is a compound of diamonds. Needless to mention here that diamonds are the hardest material on earth…
I can’t really explain the chemical process taking place during carbon manufacturing, but all revolve around certain bondings between graphic carbons. Mainly these bondings provide antimagnetic properties and resistance to any kind of impact. Most carbon watches are big and robust. This is because watch manufacturers include in them as many functions as possible since the carbon is pretty able to “protect” them from the outside. However, the lightweight makes them easy to wear. For the modern watch industry, these watches are a revelation, especially for the sports type. The same goes for the replica carbon watches
Sounds great actually. However, can’t see many people wearing carbon watches, at least, in my environment. Would be nice to hear some real owners’ experiences considering some real models and specific conditions. Wearing a carbon watch simply during the weekend or to the office and back can hardly give a real insight of its resistance

STERYBOL

I’ve met a Royal Oak Alinghi imitation somewhere and after 1 year of wear and tear it became impossible to look at… even for the new, carbon dials don’t really look attractive… for sports watches, plenty of great alternatives exist…
Not excluded that carbon is used as a marketing move. Something new is always catchy, even if it doesn’t look attractive… would be better to preserve the material for the aircraft and racing cars :D

vingNEgy

I’ve met a Royal Oak Alinghi imitation somewhere and after 1 year of wear and tear it became impossible to look at… even for the new, carbon dials don’t really look attractive… for sports watches, plenty of great alternatives exist…
Not excluded that carbon is used as a marketing move. Something new is always catchy, even if it doesn’t look attractive… would be better to preserve the material for the aircraft and racing cars :D
+1 in the same boat ))

BrIerNAN

+1 in the same boat ))
don't really agree with your position)) it's wrong making assumptions based on others' stories...

the most optimal would be buying a cheap carbon timepiece to test it individually... working environments differ from customer to customers.. also, each wearer has an individual care attitude towards watches. for some, a carbon watch can serve years, for others-days, if not taking care of it

DanielDJZI

@Twirejj4279 "Actually, this material has been and is still used for the manufacturing of details for space aircraft and racing cars. In fact, it is hard, highly resistant to temperatures and their changing from + to -, impressively resistant to deformation, and also sturdier than steel"- sounds too good to be true for a watch)

TwilloLoVer

I think I’m missing something. “ all revolve around certain bondings between graphite carbons”- isn’t graphite a single allotropic carbon modification?

From another perspective, carbon properties are not identical in all materials and all conditions. It highly depends on the processing technique of a certain manufacturer. Also, what influences a lot are the polymers added to its processing. For example, if the case of the carbon watch is processed from simple and common carbon, its properties will never be “hard as a diamond” and stuff like that… if the manufacturer arranges the carbon fibers considering the geometry of the objects (a watch, in our case), then we can talk about specific resistance properties. So the technique of those who produce carbon for space crafts and those who produce it for watches is incomparable. Generalizing the subject is definitely wrong. The right is to read or get familiar with each carbon manufacturer separately

UltrARiott

I can’t see in these watches more than just a marketing trick…

Personally, wearing a Bertucci labeled with a resounding description like “Patented fiber reinforced polycarbonate Uni-body™ case for extreme durability and comfort”. In fact, the case is nothing else than folded plastic)). If you read the secretion only, it should generate like “oh my God, what a watch”)

the point is all I need from this watch is lightweight. Not planning to test them under a train to prove their “extreme durability”. And for daily use, with daily impacts, it serves pretty well. Also, the price is more than affordable. Not worrying at all if they run out of condition, can easily replace within 2-3 years

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 13.12.15.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 13.12.15.png
    444.2 KB · Views: 0

EmPoWeReD

Carbon is not the best choice for the bezel, as the bezel is exposed constantly to impacts and many hard surfaces. So, chips and deformities on the edges are inevitable. For the dial, carbon is more appropriate. It’s only a matter of design preference, some enthusiasts might love or hate the carbon dial

hATeAndLovewaTCheS

My neighbor took a Breitling Skyracer with a carbon case almost a year ago…didn’t raise any specific objections so far… however, he did have complaints with an Audemars Royal Oak before the Breitling… he wears the Skyracer as an alternative for his G-Shock and states it as being pretty reliable. Though, the truth is that the bezel is a metallic one, and maybe it is the reason for the watch’s resistance. The carbon behaves well and the edges didn’t erase so far… I must specify that he doesn’t wear the watch pretty frequently, but only when the G-shock is taken by his sibling or when it needs solar empowering

vingNEgy

I had the possibility to test a carbon Luminox for a couple of months. In terms of lightweight and comfort- great watches. The pro about carbon watches is that even though there are some scratches, they are practically invisible to the naked eye. It’s like the plastic on G-shocks, you can hardly detect a visible scratch on it. So, the material is pretty merciful with minor defects.

This aspect makes the carbon watches superior to steel or gold watches, which don’t forgive minor scratches at all. It’s highly likely for a carbon watch to look as new after a couple of months, unlike the steel alternatives, whose minor scratches get visible right away. Not to forget about how accurately we handle them, of course.

Finally, I no longer wear it because I realize the quartz is not quite comforting me. So, mechanical and digital pieces are more to my liking

Ghosterry

Can hardly believe that the carbon used in watches is the same carbon used in cars ))) however, we have to admit that the material is indeed hard enough to resist shocks and damage. Steel and gold watches are resistant too. But how many watch enthusiasts complain about their weight? Plenty of them… so carbon is an alternative making watches impressively light, which solves the issue of being overweight. Also, take into account how carbon behaves in water conditions. It doesn’t rust, nor degrade when exposed to water, as steel or gold does.
On the other hand, it might be less resilient to scratches than ceramic, because its durability relies on polymer resin that binds the individual carbon compounds together. Also, it is not possible to polish the carbon watch due to its grain structure. So, u have to accept it when it comes to visible damage and keep wearing it without many options for restoration.
Either way, there is no perfect watch, nor perfect material. All of them have pros and cons. Therefore, everything relies on what u need most of all. If it is a lightweight watch then just accept the downsides. After all, any watch serves as long as u take care of it

CasPer$$hunteR

Can hardly believe that the carbon used in watches is the same carbon used in cars ))) however, we have to admit that the material is indeed hard enough to resist shocks and damage. Steel and gold watches are resistant too. But how many watch enthusiasts complain about their weight? Plenty of them… so carbon is an alternative making watches impressively light, which solves the issue of being overweight. Also, take into account how carbon behaves in water conditions. It doesn’t rust, nor degrade when exposed to water, as steel or gold does.
On the other hand, it might be less resilient to scratches than ceramic, because its durability relies on polymer resin that binds the individual carbon compounds together. Also, it is not possible to polish the carbon watch due to its grain structure. So, u have to accept it when it comes to visible damage and keep wearing it without many options for restoration.
Either way, there is no perfect watch, nor perfect material. All of them have pros and cons. Therefore, everything relies on what u need most of all. If it is a lightweight watch then just accept the downsides. After all, any watch serves as long as u take care of it
agree... titanium, stainless steel, gold, ceramic, and carbon watches have both pros and cons... after all, you could get one to test it

sEVENDEM

I used to wear a Doxa Aqua Lung US Divers Limited Ed in 2020, it was very versatile with a 42 mm case and compact lug-to-lug of 45mm. It was a COSC-certified watch with a power reserve of up to 38 hours. It only broke when I accidentally left it on the table and my little nephew took it and threw it away and a car crossed the watch on the street. Nothing remained from it obviously. For the rest, it resisted all my basketball games during the weekend, all the swimming in summer, and all the mountain climbing and snowboarding in winter. Have no bad reviews to say about it