carbon replica watches: pros and cons

Nobbing

didn't have any of them so far, so can't really share my own experience. But, for as far as I discussed with my close friends, these are pretty reliable... of course, you shouldn't expect them to resist the train passing on them, but for the daily use these behave reliably

igivente

What I know about carbon is that it is even lighter than titanium. Can’t say that it is the most durable material for a watch, but at least, it is as resistant to corrosion as ceramic and steel. People thinking of a carbon watch should understand that it still can be broken under extreme conditions, even though it is durable and resistant. So, everything is reduced to HOW you treat your watch. Also, the design aspects count a lot here. If making abstractions from resistance, carbon watches have a robust and powerful appeal. This is what makes them attractive to many sports lovers.

As for the watch manufacturers, they always use all means possible to increase the value of their products and carbon is not an exception. For any material, be it the most usual one, they will find resounding descriptions to make a strong marketing

TropiKanCHO

I can accept a carbon dial, but not sure about a carbon bezel. No matter how hard it is, the bezel is the most exposed to external impacts especially if it is a fluted bezel. I do realize that carbon fiber is a durable and strong material, not easy to crack like clay items, but still, it is more prone to damage in the long run, so titanium would be more to my liking

chunkeymonkey

My co-worker owns a Luminox Original Navy SEAL 3001 Military Dive Watch. Probably not the most sturdy watch from the carbon line but at least it is pretty affordable. And if by chance it breaks, no problems with replacing it. Don’t really think that only carbon material makes a good watch. One should also consider the crystal, bracelet and all other components. Having a great carbon fiber watch doesn’t mean it will last long if it has a mineral glass that cracks easier and faster than the carbon in it. If the watch comforts u with its utility, doesn’t really matter is the carbon is a little less breakable than the one used in cars. Pretty reliable watches, I think

ondOntra

dont think u should have posted this thread in the replica watch discussion. dont see any difference in carbon gen watches and carbon rep watches. carbon is carbon so what refers to gen watches also refers reps

EasyPeasY57299

I wore my previous LUMINOX ORIGINAL NAVY SEAL 3001 DIVE WATCH with carbonox, which is the brand case material name for carbon material. Pretty technical look, lightweight, rugged, and comfortable. Served me loyally until I dropped it in the water while on the ferry, couldn’t take it back, unfortunately. For all my sports activities, it behaved strongly and al the impacts at the gym never affected its condition

peGASus4338#!

I saw people wearing carbon watches at the gym. though exercise, heavy tools, frequent impacts. didnt hear anyone complaining about their durability.
I might think carbon watches are more like a temporary trend that is gonna be actual until some new material appears. I'm sure that most people have them for their sports and adventurous look, coupling well with active lifestyle. Durability is a secondary reason, as titanium, stainless steel are also pretty reliable from the durability point of view

Racrought

I used to wear a Doxa Aqua Lung US Divers Limited Ed in 2020, it was very versatile with a 42 mm case and compact lug-to-lug of 45mm. It was a COSC-certified watch with a power reserve of up to 38 hours. It only broke when I accidentally left it on the table and my little nephew took it and threw it away and a car crossed the watch on the street. Nothing remained from it obviously. For the rest, it resisted all my basketball games during the weekend, all the swimming in summer, and all the mountain climbing and snowboarding in winter. Have no bad reviews to say about it
About Doxa, I totally agree with you. This model is amazing. I have had some different models through the years. Some of them I have never used because they were for my collection, but some of them, I swear was the best thing I ever tried.

I truly think that Doxa sub 300 carbon aqua lung Us Divers is one of the best. Is not the most expensive one if you look at the genuine price. I have had it as replica and tried the genuine too. Well of course it can’t be compared to genuine is much better, but the one replica that I got was really cool.

Personally I think that you need to get carbon when you have to do something heavy. When you have a watch that weighs a lot it can be complicated in case you go for sports moments. For climbing, jogging and so on it is the best one. Don’t forget that for some jobs is the best option. If you have a heavy job that implies you to constantly work with your head and do some difficult stuff you need to have a watch that is not going to bother you. You barely have to feel it on your wrist.

The light weight of this Doxa model (although maybe all the Doxa are similar in lightness) is going to impress you. For this specific model, you also have the chronometer, it helped me so many times, I can’t even tell you.