Cartier: any lovers here?

vAshayaStar

Hi there. I've recently had a discussion, a tense one, with one of my workmates about watches. Somehow, we got talking about Cartier, among other brands. he was aggressively demonstrating to me that Cartier is exclusively for ladies, as the brand produces mostly jewelry for ladies. I tried to throw him plenty of google sources clearly indicating Cartier collections for me. he doesn't find them for men, but maximum, unisex. and was still repeating the same song about Cartier being exclusively for men.
I could ignore the further discussion of course. But, it affected me so much that I decided to make a list with Cartier watches addressed to men. And I thought you can help me add collections and models that I might have omitted. Maybe some of you have them in your collections and could throw 1-2 pictures.

or maybe he is right, and Cartier indeed doesn't really focus on men's watch lines?! 👀👀

KaraTisH

first of all, why do you keep talking to jerks and idiots like that one? you dont have to prove nothing to anybody. and it's his job to do the research, if he has any interest in stopping being so stupid 🤮🤮
now back to Cartier 😂

actually, Cartier has a specific design approach in his line for men. most of them, if not all of them, are elegant, formal. However, all of them have a strong modern appeal in their details. one of great example is the Cartier Tank. Ok, it might no be as masculine and bold like a Submariner for example, but its concept doesn't include a sports vibe.
This line is classic and formal and looks fabulous on the wrist with a formal tux or suit. especially the last line leased in 2022, simply fabulous, minimalist, elegant, refined.

for your co-worker, it's an idiot that doesn't know anything about horology. so, don't stress about idiots. Mohammed Ali, Yves Saint Laurent, Garry Cooper wore Cartier. but idiots will always remain idiots

Suchispost

Keep me posted when you have more information about Cartier for men. Actually this is a pretty interesting subject for me too. I'm not that sure about Cartier o I would like to know if there are some models that I can add to my collection.

I have had the same exact sensation that Cartier watches were not made for men... Honestly... i have seen just some models and stopped analyzing all the information about Cartier watches, so please pinch me if you know something interesting.. maybe I'm going to change my mind about Cartier.

Hich40

I have some models from Cartier and I really think its quite an amazing brand...

I know what you mean when you feel like it is not that masculine.. but actually, there are some good choices if you know how Cartier work. Yes, it is specific and yes, are not as many other brands out there that are able to embrace a large style diversity into their watches but still, you can have some... Not having a Cartier watch is silly.

Suchispost

I have some models from Cartier and I really think its quite an amazing brand...

I know what you mean when you feel like it is not that masculine.. but actually, there are some good choices if you know how Cartier work. Yes, it is specific and yes, are not as many other brands out there that are able to embrace a large style diversity into their watches but still, you can have some... Not having a Cartier watch is silly.
Any suggestions? What kind of watches do you have from Cartier? Share please

Hich40

No problem! Here is a model that I think looks amazing.
The first thing to know you have to take some time to find a good supplier for Cartier watches.. at least it was a real headache for me... This is in case you don't go with genuine.. ( which of course are really expensive). Cartier is generally an expensive brand... I have some models but they are all replicas.. maybe someday if I'm going to be a good boy, I'll have my gen. Cartier. :D

Take a look at these models. What do you think?
! Important to mention, Cartier's style is more about classic and elegance.. it is a little hard to combine the watch with casual... it is more about the tuxedo mood.. That's why Cartier became for me something to take when I go out :D at least to have a blazer on.

SANTOS DUMOND watch is quite good, look here for WSSA0022. What is cool is that you can choose between the large or small versions, there are some models that have medium sizes. So, of the same model, you can go with different sizes. I thought that this is the best thing. A good idea from Cartier- i remember the first time when i so it I thought about all the watches that I wanted in different sizes besides the original offered but was not possible. So the first step is to choose the size... I'm quite sure that you are going to go for the large one. Looks more masculine.

The color fo the strap in combination with the case color is what excited me. The classic dial as you see trespasses through the roman numerals, generally speaking quite all Cartier watches have roman numerals ( this is what disappointed me a little bit because I'm sure that they could add some model with arabic or other indexes).

BALLON BLEU DE CARTIER is a good watch too in case you are about more round cases. The Santos Dumond model looks more aggressive I think... so it depends on what you love. The bezel and case do look not that rough on this model.. although the watch looks good on the wrist as it is about 42 mm case if I'm right... so big enough.

What is typical about Cartier is the hands... they are usually in blue.. so it doesnt matter the type of the watch, the model or even if it is or men of women the hands are always blue. IDK, 🤨 honestly, I thought that they would like to go with red instead but ok..As functions, this one offers a date window beside the hour info. This one looks good on casual. I used to wear it for a long time every day at work, looks goodish.. something like the casual-classic style and makes me feel like Im a boss or smth. 😀

CHRONOGRAPH watch could be the best version for you.. I think. Look at WSSA0017... This style is more suitable for sporty and casual because of the color combination, even if the indexes are still roman numerals.

My recommendation to you while going for replicas is to pay more attention to the stainless steel used. it is hard to find a 904 model but it is not impossible. FMO experiences other types are not that good.. can't say it for sure maybe is connected with suppliers too, but all the best replicas from Cartier that i had are better in 904.. maybe this will help you not to lose that much money.

Tell me what you think.. Hope this is helpful.. sorry for long post 😬

CapOOchino

what I can say about Cartier is that its design for the men line is indeed specific, but it doesn't meant that it's inexistent. Even on the official website Cartier has a section addressed to men.
Drive de Cartier Flying Tourbillon is for sure a collection for men, though many women loving unisex pieces love it as well. It comes with a red cabochon, but that’s not a female detail, it’s the Cartier signature on many of its watches, and shouldn’t be seen as female detail. And even if these are worn by women, it doesn’t make it less “Manish”. Daytona is also loved by some women and no one says it’s a watch for women.

I think more of Cartier as a brand with a specific target audience. Every brand has such an audience, or almost all of them, at least. Cartier is more dressed to an elegant audience with a specific taste for fashion and style, young and elderly. Even the Grille collection has its fans. I find a specific beauty in it. After all, a watch brand doesn’t have to make watches like all other brands. It has the right to design its own concept. It’s creativity and artistry after all

Hich40

what I can say about Cartier is that its design for the men line is indeed specific, but it doesn't meant that it's inexistent. Even on the official website Cartier has a section addressed to men.
Drive de Cartier Flying Tourbillon is for sure a collection for men, though many women loving unisex pieces love it as well. It comes with a red cabochon, but that’s not a female detail, it’s the Cartier signature on many of its watches, and shouldn’t be seen as female detail. And even if these are worn by women, it doesn’t make it less “Manish”. Daytona is also loved by some women and no one says it’s a watch for women.

I think more of Cartier as a brand with a specific target audience. Every brand has such an audience, or almost all of them, at least. Cartier is more dressed to an elegant audience with a specific taste for fashion and style, young and elderly. Even the Grille collection has its fans. I find a specific beauty in it. After all, a watch brand doesn’t have to make watches like all other brands. It has the right to design its own concept. It’s creativity and artistry after all
Well, i know why men think that Daytona looks more Manish. The size and how it appears created the sensation that is more about men than women. Cartier is more specific about the watches that they create, and I agree with you that depends on the elements that are on the watch. Personally, I always choose watches that don't have any female-like detail on them. I love them in darker colors and in this case, when a man puts it on the wrist he can't say that it looks made for females.

The size difference between Cartier and Rolex also makes men a little skeptic about it but it is nothing to worry about. You can always go with a large size.

Suchispost

No problem! Here is a model that I think looks amazing.
The first thing to know you have to take some time to find a good supplier for Cartier watches.. at least it was a real headache for me... This is in case you don't go with genuine.. ( which of course are really expensive). Cartier is generally an expensive brand... I have some models but they are all replicas.. maybe someday if I'm going to be a good boy, I'll have my gen. Cartier. :D

Take a look at these models. What do you think?
! Important to mention, Cartier's style is more about classic and elegance.. it is a little hard to combine the watch with casual... it is more about the tuxedo mood.. That's why Cartier became for me something to take when I go out :D at least to have a blazer on.

SANTOS DUMOND watch is quite good, look here for WSSA0022. What is cool is that you can choose between the large or small versions, there are some models that have medium sizes. So, of the same model, you can go with different sizes. I thought that this is the best thing. A good idea from Cartier- i remember the first time when i so it I thought about all the watches that I wanted in different sizes besides the original offered but was not possible. So the first step is to choose the size... I'm quite sure that you are going to go for the large one. Looks more masculine.

The color fo the strap in combination with the case color is what excited me. The classic dial as you see trespasses through the roman numerals, generally speaking quite all Cartier watches have roman numerals ( this is what disappointed me a little bit because I'm sure that they could add some model with arabic or other indexes).

BALLON BLEU DE CARTIER is a good watch too in case you are about more round cases. The Santos Dumond model looks more aggressive I think... so it depends on what you love. The bezel and case do look not that rough on this model.. although the watch looks good on the wrist as it is about 42 mm case if I'm right... so big enough.

What is typical about Cartier is the hands... they are usually in blue.. so it doesnt matter the type of the watch, the model or even if it is or men of women the hands are always blue. IDK, 🤨 honestly, I thought that they would like to go with red instead but ok..As functions, this one offers a date window beside the hour info. This one looks good on casual. I used to wear it for a long time every day at work, looks goodish.. something like the casual-classic style and makes me feel like Im a boss or smth. 😀

CHRONOGRAPH watch could be the best version for you.. I think. Look at WSSA0017... This style is more suitable for sporty and casual because of the color combination, even if the indexes are still roman numerals.

My recommendation to you while going for replicas is to pay more attention to the stainless steel used. it is hard to find a 904 model but it is not impossible. FMO experiences other types are not that good.. can't say it for sure maybe is connected with suppliers too, but all the best replicas from Cartier that i had are better in 904.. maybe this will help you not to lose that much money.

Tell me what you think.. Hope this is helpful.. sorry for long post 😬
Cooooool, your post is really helpful😁 sir

I don't know why i never observed the Ballon Bleu de Cartier, it seems to be something that i can wear actually, if we talk about classic manners. Im more of a sporty person and usually love watches that can help me during the day especially with my sports addiction.

One thing that i can say for sure that you got me with the Chronograph. I just checked it and it is really amazing. not that similar to other chronographs from other brands but still good. cant say that is going to be better than then chronograph from Omega but ill give it a try .. you never know.

Hich40

Cooooool, your post is really helpful😁 sir

I don't know why i never observed the Ballon Bleu de Cartier, it seems to be something that i can wear actually, if we talk about classic manners. Im more of a sporty person and usually love watches that can help me during the day especially with my sports addiction.

One thing that i can say for sure that you got me with the Chronograph. I just checked it and it is really amazing. not that similar to other chronographs from other brands but still good. cant say that is going to be better than then chronograph from Omega but ill give it a try .. you never know.
Im really glad that I could help you, just remembered about another model that you may like. \
The skeleton version from Cartier is not going to look classical at all.
Take a look at the WHSA0015 model Santos de Cartier the skeleton version.
The specific model seems to have no latin numerals at all, the way they created the skeleton and the design of the dial actually offers you the indexes in latin numerals but a little bit differently. Anyway a lot of people still don't know that actually those are numerals, thanks to de design.

The only thing that im not sure about is the size for you, it is 39.8 mm so almost 40 mm. If it is ok for you then for sure this is the best version. Check it, there are more different colors for the same model.

chunkeymonkey

I “love” when people having no idea about watches stupidly comment on them… I refer to your idiot co worker…

The average Cartier clientele is mainly the man kn owing a thing or two about fin horology and with pretty high education in watches construction tons in general. I say that because Cartier makes high-end mechanical watches and not trash that can be nowadays found at every corner.

I think that Cartier wants its clientele base to be people loving and understanding mechanical movements more than physical design. Though, the Cartier design is also phenomenal.

Some of its collections like Privee didn’t get enough attention NOT because it was a failure, but because the reeled quantities weren’t enough to make the collection a resounding one. it was impossible to increase production because the brand simply didn’t have where to take components from during crisis periods. What I’m trying to say here is that Cartier might have been not so loud as LeCoultre or Piaget, but I never was inferior. And its men’s line is specific, yet high-end premium class. Only educated will understand it, but what can you expect from an idiot?!

huh, I got angry😖😖😖😖😖

peGASus4338#!

every brand has its own design specifics and vision. if the fellow from your office doesn't resonate with it, it doesn't mean you should take his words as the absolute truth...
idk if it is worth the discussion in general. Carter has a full men's line on its website. So, what are we talking' bout?!👀 if he's gonna say that Bulgari is not a brand for ladies, would u believe him? bullshit

Suchispost

Im really glad that I could help you, just remembered about another model that you may like. \
The skeleton version from Cartier is not going to look classical at all.
Take a look at the WHSA0015 model Santos de Cartier the skeleton version.
The specific model seems to have no latin numerals at all, the way they created the skeleton and the design of the dial actually offers you the indexes in latin numerals but a little bit differently. Anyway a lot of people still don't know that actually those are numerals, thanks to de design.

The only thing that im not sure about is the size for you, it is 39.8 mm so almost 40 mm. If it is ok for you then for sure this is the best version. Check it, there are more different colors for the same model.
Woaaaah ,pretty good maaaan.\
This is the one. Now for sure, you got my attention with Cartier. Just for a moment, I thought that this brand is never going to make a good friendship with me, with my girlfriend maybe:D but not with me.
I remember that deep inside i had a feeling that someone someday is going to change my mind, but never expected it to be on this forum.
Goooood thing mate, keep doing what you actually do , because you are good, and seems like you totally get people ;)

Suchispost

I “love” when people having no idea about watches stupidly comment on them… I refer to your idiot co worker…

The average Cartier clientele is mainly the man kn owing a thing or two about fin horology and with pretty high education in watches construction tons in general. I say that because Cartier makes high-end mechanical watches and not trash that can be nowadays found at every corner.

I think that Cartier wants its clientele base to be people loving and understanding mechanical movements more than physical design. Though, the Cartier design is also phenomenal.

Some of its collections like Privee didn’t get enough attention NOT because it was a failure, but because the reeled quantities weren’t enough to make the collection a resounding one. it was impossible to increase production because the brand simply didn’t have where to take components from during crisis periods. What I’m trying to say here is that Cartier might have been not so loud as LeCoultre or Piaget, but I never was inferior. And its men’s line is specific, yet high-end premium class. Only educated will understand it, but what can you expect from an idiot?!

huh, I got angry😖😖😖😖😖
Well, you know, I should be considered an idiot too, because since this day I was pretty sure that Cartier is not made for me. I have seen some models but never considered them to express or underline some Manish sensations. I always felt like Cartier made watches for men collections just to mark the fact that they do Cartier watches for men. It felt like they didn't even think about what kind of man is there, and that every single man is different. If you take a glance just for a minute and look at the watches you feel like there is no soul in there. This is a normal thing that someone, some man on this planet somewhere is going to consider that Cartier is not for men. I love rough watches, and aggressive watches.. so maybe he was considering the same exact thing.

Hich40

Woaaaah ,pretty good maaaan.\
This is the one. Now for sure, you got my attention with Cartier. Just for a moment, I thought that this brand is never going to make a good friendship with me, with my girlfriend maybe:D but not with me.
I remember that deep inside i had a feeling that someone someday is going to change my mind, but never expected it to be on this forum.
Goooood thing mate, keep doing what you actually do , because you are good, and seems like you totally get people ;)
really happy that you found what you really like and want. This is the most important thing actually. i think that for every brand there is one model at least that can be the best option for every single person. It is important to search...
At least Im glad that you made some friendship with Cartier😁

JL$4k029

Hilarious your dude))) what would he say to find out that Cartier does not only watches for men, but also jewelry? 😁😁😁😁Also, very specific by the way 🫣😝😝😝

First of all, you never have to prove anything to anyone!!!🤌🤌

Second, here you have the most “mannish “ Cartier watches, if you are so eager:
SANTOS DE CARTIER CHRONOGRAPH WATCH with extra-large dimensions, Santos Dumont large model, (ALL FROM THE COLLECTION) Tank MC, Pasha, and some Rotonde with a very intricate construction that no woman would wear

Third: the brand is fabulous!!!! 🫠🫠🫠

ArnoldTHEgreat

are you still making the list? :D
First of all, idiot your officemate or whatever he is to you

Second, Cartier not once has been the brand of choice of tens fashion designers around the words

Third, this brand is one of the most versatile. While others may focus on round sales, here you have a wide variation of rectangular options which look totally different and more refined, also.

I’m a Tank fan actually and still own a Tank rep. In the past, I owned a Santos rep for about 2 years, but didn’t wear it frequently so, gave it to my brother. The Tank looks amazing and different through its simplicity at first sight since it has got no complications and stuff. Still, the dial looks fabulous with the right selection of proportions and details which are no more and no less than needed. Few people can make a difference between a statement watch and a common one. Your diet buddy seems to be from that category

Hich40

Hilarious your dude))) what would he say to find out that Cartier does not only watches for men, but also jewelry? 😁😁😁😁Also, very specific by the way 🫣😝😝😝

First of all, you never have to prove anything to anyone!!!🤌🤌

Second, here you have the most “mannish “ Cartier watches, if you are so eager:
SANTOS DE CARTIER CHRONOGRAPH WATCH with extra-large dimensions, Santos Dumont large model, (ALL FROM THE COLLECTION) Tank MC, Pasha, and some Rotonde with a very intricate construction that no woman would wear

Third: the brand is fabulous!!!! 🫠🫠🫠
yeeeep, this one is good. i have one of these and i think that they are totally amazing. looks good with every style. the big case is totally popping up. i think that people that are not sure about Cartier should do their research on celebrities ( men) that are totally going for Cartier. they look just super amazing, some of the Cartier's that i didn't even consider i started to look at them a little bit differently after i have seen some gangster's from Hollywood wearing them.

That's true that it is a big influence actually :D:D:D
when you see a man that is mannish wearing a Cartier you totally change your mind

bagaBOO57335

and "unisex" doesn't include en as well? your collegue or who he is, is a stupid, egocentric, selfish and claiming-attention imbecile. that's all you have to know about him.
Cartier like all there brands design watches according to some exclusive design approaches. Cartier has it specific, that's all. Not everyone can "read" the beauty and value of a watch.
why do you think Patek sells some of its models to selected people? Selected: in the direct meaning of the word. The brad selects people to sell its watches to, after these apply for them. And Patek sells the models only to those who seem connoisseurs of the watches' value (there are some specific criteria to meet). The point it that even big brands dont want their watches to reach idiots like your office mate. Cartier is all a marvellous brad. Tank, Balloon Bleu, Santos are a minimal proof for that

your friend is an idiot, and forgive me, you don't seem to be much far from him... why do u even listen to him? and why would you doubt about Cartier watches just because an idiot has planted some seeds of doubt? that means that you also don't know much about Cartier and the specifics of the brand design... no offence, but I wouldn't even answer him... and u got to make a list of arguments... r u serios? you either resonate with the brand design or you don't.. it's just that simple... and no need to rove much on that 😖