Cartier Santos WSSA0039; owner's review 😍

Ocean BLUE

Hello everyone, lovers and non-lovers of Cartier watches,
Recently, I made a major change in my life: I switched from Rolex watches to Cartier, and now I bought my first Cartier piece, a Santos WSSA0039, ADLC, black. I've never written reviews on watches before, frankly speaking. As a rule, all the watches that I might have wanted to review already had a lot of reviews, as mine would not change the situation at all. Either way, I notice that this Santos is not reviewed much in the forums, so I undertake to describe it, right after a few hours of purchase 🫣😁🫠

A bit of history: practically all my previous watches are from the Rolex range. And all of them are imitations, of the best ones. I would have liked to buy a gen Rolex, but all my desire passed when I once stood in line for a few months and I didn't end up buying it. Now, having already had all possible Rolexes, I decided to move on to something else. I was thinking of a fake Cartier. But, I told myself that it is not as expensive as a Rolex and I can afford it. And here it is on the wrist, just bought. I don't know if my review will be very detailed, because I still haven't managed to "understand" it fully, being only a few hours with me, but, in the worst case, I will complete the thread along the way ...πŸ™ƒ

After the previous Rolexes, this Cartier seems so light to me, that's the first thing I notice about it. It has a modest constitution and looks stealthy". The black bezel stands out through its abundance of black. I haven't seen an earlier Santos here with such a bezel. Or did I miss something? I received the watch with 2 types of bracelets, and that's great because I like to experiment with watches with different styles. So, I got a black alligator and a rubber strap together with the watch. They are very easily attached to the case, just by accessing the button on the lugs clasp. it doesn't take much knowledge to change them. Even the nerdiest watch lover will be able to do it...

The shapes of the 2 straps differ, the rubber one becomes thick to narrow, from lugs to their ends. It seems to me that the rubber strap is quite thin. It looks good now, but I don't rule out that over time, it will thin out even more and won't last long. However, for now, it is remarkably comfortable. I still can't say much about the black one because I haven't tested it yet. but it seems to look ok, at least visually.

The watch case is very compact. It's a bit unusual for me because Rolexes seemed more massive to me. but I'm sure I'll get used to it. what I definitely like is that the watch goes under the sleeve very easily, without having to adjust it.

I am very curious to see how the case will wear over time. according to Cartier, it must be extremely elastic, smooth, and at the same time durable. This is due to the innovative material ADLC, standing for Amorphous Diamond-Like Carbon. theoretically, the case and the bezel should be fingerprint-proof. we will see how elastic, durable, and smooth the watch will be over time...
The standard warranty for the watch is 2 years, but through the website, I extended it up to 8 years, and there are 8 years of assistance in case of any damage.

That's about it for now, I'll keep you updated with updates.... and one more question, do you think it's ok that I extended my warranty? maybe it wasn't the case...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 13.30.19.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 13.30.19.png
    616.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 13.30.32.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 13.30.32.png
    696.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 13.30.41.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 13.30.41.png
    570.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

DBP

I didn't even doubt that the watch would look great. Cartier is always at the height with the design of the watches, regardless of the vector of the collections. for me, Tanks and Santos are not foreign at all, I even considered them under the radar some time ago. I adore their elegant spirit even in the most sporty accessory.

What made you choose this particular reference? And I embrace your idea of diversifying the watches. It's not really ok to stay on Rolex for too long, especially given that lately, no big changes have been made to it. Cartier is an excellent alternative in my opinion

Ocean BLUE

I didn't even doubt that the watch would look great. Cartier is always at the height with the design of the watches, regardless of the vector of the collections. for me, Tanks and Santos are not foreign at all, I even considered them under the radar some time ago. I adore their elegant spirit even in the most sporty accessory.

What made you choose this particular reference? And I embrace your idea of diversifying the watches. It's not really ok to stay on Rolex for too long, especially given that lately, no big changes have been made to it. Cartier is an excellent alternative in my opinion
thanks for appreciation)

honestly, I wasn't specifically looking for something from the Cartier range. I wanted something but i wasn't sure what I wanted. having been with Rolex for a long time, I was initially looking for something from the Tudor range, specifically the Pelagos, because it seemed to me that they were close in spirit. However, I did not find enough character and temperament in Tudor watches. ``I came across this Cartier purely by chance. I knew about it before, but I never analyzed it closely. I was just browsing their website for an accessory that my friend wanted and out of curiosity I analyzed it. and it captured me, and here it is on my wrist)

Myryopod

ouch 😍😍😍😍😍😍 what a presence on the wrist)) I marvel at Cartier's talent. indeed, it has no qualms about the more elegant styles or the robust ones, it hits directly on target.

wear it for a long time and yes, it would be nice to come back with details of how it behaves over time and what shortcomings it has😁

YupyLuk

a terrifying move from the Cartier! 🀌🀌🀌🀌😎😎😎😎😎😎 the finish is bombastic and I'm sure you like the finish on this watch more than the Rolexes you've had. the only shortcoming I see here is that this material will wear out much faster than a steel version. I would like to see the model in a green dial...

Minimalist

Am I the only one here who notices that this all-black watch is so far from what Cartier means? something doesn't resonate here for me. the alternative WSSA0037 in full stainless steel for the case and for the bracelet makes more sense for Cartier, than this all-black nonsense....πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ€¨πŸ€¨πŸ€¨

$BarHat$

I am between yes and no with this watch. It is obvious that the model is something very daring for the Cartier, the brand has gone out of its comfort zone with this new material. However, I see some ambiguities in it:
- the lack of sweep sec hand is a deal breaker for me; it only comes with 'small sec'
- the screws look chaotic 'cause there're too many of them;
- the watch is new but it seems that it already has scratches on it. does it make sense to have a watch that forms scratches so easily?!
- why don't I see the strap as nice as all people here are stating?!

Sannater

for me is a bit odd to go with cartier black watches.
not that it is not good or something is more about the idea formulated in my mind many years ago..
the only thing that makes it look great is the brand and quality.
even so for me the Cartier has to be bright i dont know...
Again, dont want to say that the watch is not good, just the idea that for me it doenst look that majestic.. it is like i have lost a little bit of the perfection. I have seen it in real like and had the opportunity to compare it to other Cartier models with a different color, and I think that it is really better to go with bright models.
Even so, happy for u if u really like it!!
This is what really matters!

bombonio

i like it.
seems to be pretty solid and in addition when u know that it is a cartier you cant add something else.
the black color is a really rough one. and this one on a man can be a total mood changer.
i love watches that can be combined with more sporty or comfy outfits- this one for sure is not created for this.
but it can be a good deal for people that are generally going for tuxedos or classic clothes. a business watch for sure.

Matias

regarding the guarantee, I see no need. you probably paid something extra for it, and you did it in vain... none of the guarantees that I ever bought additionally didn't work for me)). it's just a marketing strategy to take a little more advantage of you as a customer :D

between the version with the steel or rubber bracelet, I would probably have opted for rubber. the steel one changes its look 360 degrees. I like its classy and masculine look, even with the rubber strap. the only thing I'm curious to know is the brightness in the dark. how strong is the lume in this Santos boy?

HorsePower

when I look at it from above, it seems so massive, but when I look at it from the side, it seems so thin. what's with this visual distortion? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Honestly, I like this all black better than the clean stainless steel version. now the main question is how will it behave over time? I didn't have any ADLC watches, so I'm curious if the 8k for the watch is worth it

Simposium5338

heavens, no matter how Cartier dresses its watches, they all look great. 😍😍😍😍😍😍

I would not have imagined that the dial with Roman numerals, which is such a classic and traditional detail, would resonate with the sporty and all black style🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠.
Regarding the robustness of the case and its masculine appeal, it seems to me that there is not enough volume.... maybe a couple of mm heigh would be welcome????!!πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ«£
And the date function, it is so admirably integrated that it doesn't complicate the dial at all, nor does it interfere with the overall design. great purchase! Enjoy it!!

dancerINTHEdark

I love the athletic architecture of the watch. the dial is very expressive both through its wide plate and through the Roman numerals, in addition, its thickness is simply adorable. I see it very comfortable with any type of leather jacket or sweater with long sleeves. and this watch inspires me with a feeling of lightness. Bravo! nice choice!

Moderatto

I like the Cartier and I like Santos. I like how the brand juggles styles and colors like I never imagined possible. I'm not sure I'd give 8k for it... I mean, it looks like it's worth the money, but it seems a bit overkill for a sport like it. I would probably give the money for something with more pronounced elegant accents. if it would be available at a price of 6k, I wouldn't think twice for sure 😍😍😍😍😍😍