CF Daytona rep Advice

cheetomargheritto

Hello all,
Having some reps in my collection but the last one I bought has some issues that I can’t figure out what they are related to. It’s a Daytona CF running on 4130 clone movement. Runs smoothly, at least didn’t notice any errors so far. But, the problem is that it doesn’t seem to wind as it should while on my wrist and blocks after 3-4 days of running.
Is it time to get it serviced and cleaned? Can there be any other reason related to the 4230 clones? What chances do I have to get an exchange?
Regards, Bob

howdyREP

Wouldn’t recommend u begin the return process… it never (at least almost, never) ends well and implies lots of nerves, headaches, and waste of time… in addition, doesn’t seem to be a critical factory issue. Seek a watch smith first and get some cleaning. Not excluded that some dust particles somehow entered into the case interior during the assembling

vingNEgy

agree with @howdyREP ... get prepared for an epic with the returning process...
Your 4130 clone is by far the worst one. Same issues can appear with genuine too. It happens sometimes and no one is void of such issues. I really think it’s the case to take it to a service boutique. If the watchsmith confirms the movement problem, don’t send the watch back, but rather ask for another movement… the rep dealer I bought my rep sent me one when my movement ran off… it’s important that the rep is still on warranty though

TropiKanCHO

Bob, Before sending it back or servicing it, try to wind your rep every 3 days, consistently, on a regular basis. Observe if it doesn’t stop running. It’s not excluded that you don’t move it around sufficiently and consequently the movement doesn’t wind up enough to resist long-lasting running. 4130 movements aren’t likely to give headaches fast

cheetomargheritto

Bob, Before sending it back or servicing it, try to wind your rep every 3 days, consistently, on a regular basis. Observe if it doesn’t stop running. It’s not excluded that you don’t move it around sufficiently and consequently the movement doesn’t wind up enough to resist long-lasting running. 4130 movements aren’t likely to give headaches fast
ready thought about it, but all the other watches I own dont cause me troubles with the winding

randomWATCHlover

be careful with the case back...
if you reach the dealer, ask if the movement is 4230 for sure and maybe e he can bring u some warranties on it... at least you can go to the watch smith knowing for sure what movement is it

cheetomargheritto

answered... When talking to him about the watch, I had specifically mentioned I wanted a super clone 4130 so he knew exactly what I wanted… now he tells me that the watch was ok and its me who doesn’t wear it right inventing millions of excuses… now with the pic snd with your confirmation I’m gonna send the pic to him to see what he says now… soooo fucked up…

Last edited:

PeperoNNi

ouch... so sorry for u... If he doesn’t comply with the return and refund, and neither responds, find’im on Reddit. There he must answer… hoe did u pay for the rep? If it was via PayPal, open a case for s chargeback, might work. Leave feedback wherever possible, appointing all contacts u have from him

cheetomargheritto

Sent him the video so that he sees that I’m not inventing stories… accepted a reduct finally, but only after telling him about the Reddit and the review im gonna leave. didn't even apologize… im gonna leave them anyways. So disappointed… never had such bad experiences and b=never though it could happen to me…
Dont trust stores appearing you as sponsored ads on social media!!!

ondOntra

Sent him the video so that he sees that I’m not inventing stories… accepted a reduct finally, but only after telling him about the Reddit and the review im gonna leave. didn't even apologize… im gonna leave them anyways. So disappointed… never had such bad experiences and b=never though it could happen to me…
"reduct" u mean "refund"?! :D be careful since he might ask to send the watch back. if he does, dont send it until u receive a complete refund. otherwise u risk to remain without your watch ands without your rep. he already fooled u once... so sorry for the case

PeperoNNi

guys here's what I found... dont quite like what I see...
keep us updated @cheetomargheritto I can't wait for the upshot :D

cheetomargheritto

got my money back guys. sent the watch back, and he tries to convince me to accept a repair or an exchange. refused absolutely. asked me if I could at least send the rep back. I sent it back only after having received the refund. glad it was solved but had a tough time with it. be careful guys, not all such stories are with happy endings. and thanked again