Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Dive Ecozilla BJ8058-06L

DBP

Hello fellows,
I just wanted to share my impressions about the Ecozilla that I finally got. The price is really affordable for me, respectively it's a gem watch. I don't even know if they are Citizen reps, because the brand is quite accessible overall...
I had my eye on an oversized watch for a long time. but as the trends of the previous years were in favor of more modest watches, I didn't seem to have enough courage to buy them. but I took it anyway.
I know that many will consider it too overbuilt, but I see and feel it as charismatic :DDD So the first thing I would like you to know about this muscular beauty is that it feels extremely solid and impressively firm. if someone is looking for such experiences, feel free to consider this baby...

The watch is big, and it looks big... I say this because some big watches can look modest due to certain design tricks. in fact, this one is really massive, without any trick. It is 48mm in diameter and 18.6mm in height... I know it sounds huge, that's what I thought at first. But I want to remind you that I wanted an oversized "amigo"😎. Despite the size, it feels very secure on the wrist. I think the security feeling that it provides is its main selling point... it's lug-less, and that's one of the most essential elements drawing back its proportions. Also, it's 9 o'clock destro, which means the screw-down crown will never dig the hand behind it.
the horizontal brushing on the outer parts of the case looks very good, I don't feel them textured at all, they are very smooth to the touch. The upper ring with rugged diamond plate knurling is very well executed. I didn't expect it if I'm honest. I thought the pictures on the internet were retouched...

What I like most about the case is the unidirectional dive bezel. I would have liked the Arabic numerals to be a little smaller. They are oversized, and against the background of the already massive watch, they seem a bit too exaggerated. it wasn't supposed to be that big but in the end...
It seemed to me at first that it would be difficult for me to read the bezel of the watch. but it seems that Citizen solved this potential problem with an inner bezel ring in contrasting black and white with 60 min markings to ease legibility.

By the way, that's a true diver, being resistant up to 300 meters. I also have a vacation scheduled next week and I can't wait to test it from all points of view, including in deep water.
Technical: it runs on the in-house Eco-Drive B873 solar quartz movement. so far, since I've been wearing it for 2 months, the watch shows +/-15 sec for a month. That's how it should work, it doesn't register any errors so far.

I was somewhat reluctant about the yellow band. I don't really have anything to match it with if I look in my wardrobe. but I thought that if I still intend to go diving with this beauty, it would be good to see it well underwater. From a comfort perspective, the band isn't comfortable at all. It's stiff and it still bothers me. we'll see along the way, maybe I get used to it...
But the impression about the watch is good. the case is a safety monolith)))) I would like a fabric strap, but otherwise, it's a real mountain)🀌

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 13.01.46-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 13.01.46-min.png
    653.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 13.01.28-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 13.01.28-min.png
    467.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 13.01.17-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 13.01.17-min.png
    450.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 13.01.10-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 13.01.10-min.png
    534.3 KB · Views: 0

Myryopod

I like everything that comes from citizen lately. including the ecozzila.. it's a watch about power and resistance. and you can wear it specifically when you don't want to break your head with breaking. it's big, yes, I think it would look hideous on my hand. but it wouldn't bother me if I had to climb mountains with it... the lack of lugs frustrates me... and if you want to change the strap, what should you do? to have adapters for another pair of straps???? in terms of resistance, citizen amazes me. and the name is very convincing... ECO-ZIIIIIILAAAAA🀌🀌🀭🀭🀭🀭

YupyLuk

EcoZilllaAAAAAA-GodZiiiilaaAAAAaa-MozilllAAAAaaa πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I can imagine the fun that Citizen stuff had when they invented the name))) πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

one of my buddies has the black strap option) but he wants the yellow one😁
you are right, it is a mountain in terms of resistance. personally, I'm not too familiar with such dials embedded in the case. but I think it's a matter of time with which you just adapt along the way

Minimalist

hmmmmmmm, strange things happen 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐 I know someone who bought BJ8050 model for aprox. $270. now, it turns out that the prices differ depending on the color.... and they are still increasing.... why would they increase? πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

it would be wonderful if the watch and straps in different colors were available as standalone items. for the rest, top quality, agree on that🀌🀌

$BarHat$

what a powerful tool! 😍😍😍😍😍 I convince myself once again that the brand is good for everything, especially when it comes to divers. if I were to buy it, I would also buy it in this yellow color, it's so vibrant and funky, I like it, even if I've never had it. truth is though, the watch looks very hideous on your anorexic hand @DBP πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I think the watch is for a certain target group, for those with a more "lively" wrist πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Matias

thanks for those pics. it's a bit frustrating to understand something from a review, without seeing pictures... if I read somewhere about a 48mm watch, I would have imagined a real brick. now that I see it in the pictures, I say that it looks quite cool, even if it is chunky and the wrist is small :D the construction looks very muscular and corpulent. indeed, it has a very strong charisma.

I am impressed by the diversity of design elements and the contrast between them. the hands seem severe and robust, the outer bezel very fine. At the same time, the knurling bezel adds severity, and second hand it is very subtle compared to all the other aggressive elements in the dial. a rather interesting composition.... I'm not sure about this yellow strap that hits me in the face, but the case is really strong🀌πŸ’ͺ

DBP

EcoZilllaAAAAAA-GodZiiiilaaAAAAaa-MozilllAAAAaaa πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I can imagine the fun that Citizen stuff had when they invented the name))) πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

one of my buddies has the black strap option) but he wants the yellow one😁
you are right, it is a mountain in terms of resistance. personally, I'm not too familiar with such dials embedded in the case. but I think it's a matter of time with which you just adapt along the way
the first thing I thought of when I heard the name was mozillaa πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

believe me, it doesn't take you more than a few hours to get used to the visual depth of the dial🀌

DBP

hmmmmmmm, strange things happen 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐 I know someone who bought BJ8050 model for aprox. $270. now, it turns out that the prices differ depending on the color.... and they are still increasing.... why would they increase? πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

it would be wonderful if the watch and straps in different colors were available as standalone items. for the rest, top quality, agree on that🀌🀌
I don't know if the price is constantly increasing, it seems to me that Citizen initially set different prices for different colors... it would be for coloring pigment :DDDDD
I want to believe that there will be a lug option so that you can interchange the strap soon)). but I `m not sure. by adding lugs, the watch will reach 50mm in diameter :D

DBP

what a powerful tool! 😍😍😍😍😍 I convince myself once again that the brand is good for everything, especially when it comes to divers. if I were to buy it, I would also buy it in this yellow color, it's so vibrant and funky, I like it, even if I've never had it. truth is though, the watch looks very hideous on your anorexic hand @DBP πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I think the watch is for a certain target group, for those with a more "lively" wrist πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
thank uuuuuuu πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ shall I take it a s a compliment?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Skorsese

my opinion is that it looks aw-some!!!! but I do not agree with those over 18 mm high. seriously???? what confused Citizen to make it within the limit of 14mm? the watch looks too big and it's not about the anorexic wrist of @DBP , sorry buddy :D it's about the watch itself being much too tall. I wouldn't pay for it

Greg_B

This Citizen watch is something very close to fifty Fathoms tech... 🧐🧐🧐🧐
on the whole, as a concept, the watch seems interesting to me. It will definatelly attract attention, if this is the purpose of the owner😁😁😁. I'm afraid that as a diver, something is not enough... I'm referring to the fact that as big as the case is, the readability is so ordinary... that is, such an imposing circumference, I don't notice that it somehow improves visibility compared to a diver watch with a common circumference... then, what's the point?! πŸ€ŒπŸ™ƒ

MinervuS

sorry for interrupting this serious discussion, but it seems to me that the design of this watch is inspired by the design of an ashtray?????!!!!!

what's with the holes on the bezel? as if it were the right place to light a cigarette. and the deep dial, like it's the right area to collect the cigarette ashes.... all due respect for the citizen.... something went wrong in the design...

Ocean BLUE

sorry for interrupting this serious discussion, but it seems to me that the design of this watch is inspired by the design of an ashtray?????!!!!!

what's with the holes on the bezel? as if it were the right place to light a cigarette. and the deep dial, like it's the right area to collect the cigarette ashes.... all due respect for the citizen.... something went wrong in the design...
seems you-re like a die-hard smoker, if u see cigarettes and ashtrays everywhere πŸ˜‚

as for the watch, I wouldn't wear sooooo much yellow on my wrist, although the case seems interesting to me. the dial seems legible to me, and it's really muscular. it's a pity that citizen somehow requires you to depend on the strap, you only have the watch if you also have the strap, without any exchange options. it is precisely for this reason that it loses customers 😁😁😁

HorsePower

WOW what a bold and bright boy))) for my taste, I find the watch hands much too bold and they confuse legibility more than they improve it. and it seems to me that the dial is sandwiched too much, don't u find?

Simposium5338

ouch)))) a really noticeable guy😁, that's for sure 😁😁 it's impossible to avoid it) it's not my kind of watch. and I have complaints about the bezel, the 5 curves are too steep, I get the impression that the bezel is damaged. and the strap holes of different sizes... it reminds me of the cheese from Tom & Jerry or Sponge Bob somehow....πŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ
sorry for being so direct) if it suits you, that's perfect)

PreciousJohn

you have to be a fan of bright and bold watches to love this eco-zilla))) I appreciate its technical ability, but the design is too much for me, it doesn't represent me at all....

BusyAsHell

lol such a yellowish guy lol
what to say? I like that the watch is made remarkable by color and proportions. it's only good to make you stand out. although I think you have to have a big enough wrist so that the watch doesn't look absurdly big))

what I don't like is the fact that you can't detach the strap, only if you buy another watch, which is absurd and stupid. that is, I understand the logic of the brand. it is more profitable to sell a whole watch than just a strap)). but for the final consumer, this logic does not make much sense :D you are dependent on clothes and the season with this watch due to the intense color)

the hands seem to me to be too much for the watch. the tie-type adds flamboyance to the design, which is already too "adorned". The bezel indicators seem a little too inncurate to me because of the proportions. so the physical aspect would need a bit of balancing, either reducing the hands size or form, or reducing the bezel index size. otherwise, it's a bit too much of all)
though, a nice option for those who want attention))

dancerINTHEdark

what I like about this watch is the price vs its quality. the last time I evaluated its price it was around $600, it may have dropped a bit lately. for its technical capabilities and attention-grabbing aesthetics, I say the price is quite reasonable.

What I don't like is the 48mm (which is acceptable for a diver), but the 18.6mm thickness.... REALLY???? that makes it gigantic, especially for a more modest wrist... I understand, it's a diver, and it has to be the right size for visibility. but were the 18.6mm absolutely necessary? that's a total dealbreaker for me because I'd feel like I'm wearing a yellow brick on my wrist... so a thinner diver tempts me more. even for any heavy duty works it is too big, it would only bother the wrist... the dial face is somehow too simplistic against the complex background of its body... however, I appreciate its ultra-legible layout, here. I have no objection 😁😁

Encantadore59935

so strikingly bright 😁😁😁😁
such a watch is perfect for when you get lost somewhere πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you will be found after this "specific sign" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ thoguh, nice choice. surely it is not a watch for everyone. vibrant colors and robust design - not to everyone's taste. but I like it, especially the depth of the dial. if the purpose of a watch is to attract attention - it has certainly fulfilled its mission. the rest is just a matter of personal preferences) enjoy your new friend;)