Code 11.59 Audemars Piguet.... what do u think?

Myryopod

Hello everyone,
I wanted to know your opinions about the new Code 11.59 Audemars Piguet.
Time passes, and the collection remains as controversial as when it appeared in 2019. Then I somehow understood that it was only about the "Royal Oak" effect and the world could hardly move from Royal Oak to the new Code 11.59, which seemed so ...... un-special. But, time has passed, and the auditorium has already adapted to the new collection, abstracting from Royal Oak.
Some time ago, AP also launched stainless steel options of Code 11.59.... 3 cute models, in my opinion, and a remarkable guilloche pattern. The color scheme is as "delicious" as it can be, at least that's how it seems to me: smoked beige, dark blue, and dark green. Speaking of Dark Blue, I still see the Royal Oak when I look at Code 11.59 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...

My question is how do you like the new versions? Which of them would you opt for? And if you opted in general? Or still, would you choose a traditional Royal Oak?
I am in an acute dilemma between these 2 collections. I would like to get a replica but I can't decide. I would ask you to share your opinion, visions, and criticisms... maybe I can decide with their help...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.53.42-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.53.42-min.png
    986.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.46.34-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 12.46.34-min.png
    699.8 KB · Views: 5

YupyLuk

in my opinion, the "Royal Oak" effect still persists... even if so much time has passed since the release of Code 11.59, I still don't understand what kind of watches these are: elegant or sporty? with royal oak, everything was much clearer. This new collection did not convince me so far, not even with stainless steel cases. I think we should wait for a release in which the integrated stainless steel bracelets will also appear. then, I will pay more attention to these watches.... for now, I am not WOW-ed at all...

Minimalist

oooooooouuuu a new location for data-window)))))) 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 how niiiiiice) I appreciate the AP effort ))))) the new versions are definitely better and improved but I still think they are not good enough to be at the same level with RO)))) so, you know? I would still go for the RO for now 😎😎

$BarHat$

hmm....I like how the ghuilloche looks on 3-handers. it certainly looks richer and more in the context. the ghuilloche on the clean dial is somehow insufficient. as for the chrono, it seems to me that something is missing,πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ but I still don't understand what exactlyπŸ™„πŸ™„... either way, the collection is becoming more and more captivating😎😎😎

Matias

and here I am again, disappointed with AP, after praising it for so long πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ.... initially, I didn't resonate with Code at all. but, like many here, I was the subject of the Royal Oak effect.... after some time since its release, I seemed to have started to embrace it, especially the design... And now, why did it replace the plain dial? why were the arabic markers removed from the dial? they were where they were supposed to be. With index hour markers, these Codes are so similar to Breiling
πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ
...... steel is always welcome, but the brand shouldn't have added a ghuiloche dial... I'm not really happy... at least, thank God they found a more suitable place for the date function...

Simposium5338

I like it, tbh.... 🫣🫣🫣
yes, it's different from royal oak, but it couldn't be identical either.)) .. the important thing is that this release is an obvious improvement of the previous release.... this means that the brand works and reacts to the community's opinions... but it's impossible for AP to guess the public's expectations and grievances... I think that in about 3 more releases, Code will end up being on the minds of the majority πŸ˜πŸ« πŸ‘€

DomPerignon

I can't get used to the lugs design on these watches. These being attached only on the upper side, it's difficult to find an explanation from a design point of view, not to mention from a functional point of view... enlighten me those who are good at design :DDDD
in general, it seems to me that AP really seriously improves each release of Code, and that's really great. But it seems that one more Genta is required to help the brand regulate the situation a bit))

Myryopod

considering your comments, guys, I have the impression that the whole Code situation is sooooo bad....🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣 I thought that only I was still influenced by royal oak and I continue to have expectations relying on the RO standards..... personally, I see some dealbreakers in the new Code, but I didn't think the world was as reluctant as I am...🧐🧐🧐

Skorsese

considering your comments, guys, I have the impression that the whole Code situation is sooooo bad....🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣 I thought that only I was still influenced by royal oak and I continue to have expectations relying on the RO standards..... personally, I see some dealbreakers in the new Code, but I didn't think the world was as reluctant as I am...🧐🧐🧐
don't let yourself be influenced by just a couple of opinions :D

the new collection is not as bad as they say :D give time to those who can't tear themselves away from RO :D

Greg_B

I don't embrace the new collection, I didn't embrace the previous one either! I expected something more exclusive from AP. Now, I see in Code watches everything I see in the majority of watches on the market. And the Royal Oak was absolutely exclusive when it was launched... it seems to me that AP is trying to introduce into the Code design everything that should and should not be introduced, with the hope that it will hit the target..... but no, he doesn't hit it., at least he didn't hit it in this release...... I would opt for a Calatrava 5226g instead of a Code....

MinervuS

definitely a bad move to couple the Code with fabric strap... whyyyyyyyy???????? should have gone the full stainless steel route, including bracelet and it would have been more acceptable...πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 13.51.24-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 13.51.24-min.png
    973.1 KB · Views: 0

WatchOut

I think the royal oak didn't become popular overnight either... even if the design was validated by the audience, the price for stainless steel was not validated, which cost more than a kidney in those days....
I think that the Code collection also needs some time to assimilate in people's heads.... give AP time. it seems to me that not only the watch community must separate from RO, but also the brand itself...

Eddie

I think the royal oak didn't become popular overnight either... even if the design was validated by the audience, the price for stainless steel was not validated, which cost more than a kidney in those days....
I think that the Code collection also needs some time to assimilate in people's heads.... give AP time. it seems to me that not only the watch community must separate from RO, but also the brand itself...
why should i care about that?)))) the watch house demands a lot of money for the watch with which it screwed it) and we have to give it time? I love the brand, but the market is the market, and the one who is the best wins... we have to admit that Code came up with a very strong philosophy, but unfortunately, it hasn't justified it... at least, until now. ..

Just think of it: a RO costs 26,600, I'm talking about the 15500ST model, which is nothing but a horological bombastic piece in terms of design and materials. Now, on the other hand, the three-hander Code stands for 25,300. The latter has a fabric strap, which, by the way, looks awful, and a resistance profile of up to 30 meters. RO is resistant up to 50 meters, and it also comes with a steel bracelet. I don't really understand the value of Code in such circumstances.... is it only paid for the mechanism?! πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

EuGeniuS

@Eddie u're so right about the strap....I really appreciate the fact that the date has moved to 3 o'clock, as it should have been initially. but I can't understand why the brand is messing around with a steel bracelet. they could have launched it now, together with the steel case. who needed this strap? the strap was supposed to be an alternative to the steel bracelet. the brand should already know the preferences of its audience, especially since it has the statistics of its buyers. I'm sure the statistics show that stainless steel bracelets are much more sought-after than fabric..... how could the brand ignore this fact?! πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

CosmoS

it's so hard for me to criticize AP, when I'm so loyal to it... but I can't say anything other than that Code collection really still has a lot of work to do...
I find the chronographs so hard to read, that I can't believe that AP made them... 3-handers seem pretty ok to me, until I saw how much the brand asks for them and FOR THE FABRIC STRAP. I see no reason not to get a LeCoultre instead, a master control for example, for which I would pay around 9k. I don't really see these models as timeless, as RO is...

DBP

honestly, I try to look at this collection SEPARATELY of royal oak... and I'm finally glad that AP has detached itself from RO... it should have been a long time ago... there was already too much RO around...
as for 11.59, honestly, I love these watches. all, even the initial collection. I like the atypical case construction, it's something different from what we know so far about AP. In addition, the watches have a different crystal profile that improves visibility from all angles.
what I don't like about them is the 30 meter resistance, it's too little for an AP. As for the date aperture, I don't understand why there are so many discussions about the position from 4:30. according to me, both positions have their charm. moreover, it seems to me that the 3 o'clock position is already outdated, old and too monotonous...

Ocean BLUE

it's painful to see so many malicious comments about a brand that has meant so much to modern horology. give time to the Code.... many watches underwent iterations and changes until the perfect formula was found. The new collection is already an obvious improvement of the first release. the next one will be even better. why don't you trust the member of the Holy trinity? πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Surid1980

Honestly, i dont know about this specific model, maybe because this is the first time that i actually see this model, but im totally about royal oak.
i have analyzed a lot of models from AP. but i think that Royal Oak is the most amazing one ever.
There is something beautiful and specific about this model.
Let's starts with the fact that this is one of the models between all the brands out there that you can instantly tell what it is ...
I have a lot of friends that are newbies in the field of watches and they all tell the same exact thing.
The Royal Oak is the only model that I can identify without additional time necessity. Just one glance and you already know what it is.

Thereld

I have had both models and I can totally say that there are good replicas out there and you can find the best version of it.
It is up to you to decide which one is the best one for you.
The price is ok for a replica and you dont have to worry about it.
The model is super cool and looks good on the wrist. Royal Oak is another level of course, and for sure became one of the most popular from Audemars Piguet. Even so, we can't go and say that Code 11 59 is a bad one. Maybe not that popular for sure but is a good one.
There are a lot of models from Audemars that are not as popular as Oak but this doesn't mean that is bad... we are talking about Piguet for God's sake..