Code 11.59 Audemars Piguet.... what do u think?

$BarHat$

for now, I don't see the Code collection being at the height of the `royal `oak collection. I still has work to do. However, they are not bad watches at all... I like the date opening at 4-5 o'clock, I don't know why so many people criticize it. I like the shape of the crystal, it has a very special curvature. I like the attention to detail in these watches. It is true that Codes are not as exclusive as Royal oaks. I see in them similar dials to what is presented in the industry now. but I DON'T dare to say that I don't like them and that I have pretensions on them. I would take one, maybe not the blue one, because it looks a lot like `royasl oak 😁😁, but the green one for sure🤌🤌😁

Moderatto

if talking specifically about this Code release , I like:
- the dial pattern;
- the buttons adjacent to the crown;
-sapphire crystal profile;
- nice and toned lugs;

what I don't like:
-hour msrkers like a million other markers on the market;
- strap fabric;
- I still want something octagonal in them!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭

Matias

It pains me to say this, but I am also among those who still do not see Code watches worthy of the ``Audemars' reputation. however, I have to admit that the new release is even better than the original one...
In the first set of watches, I didn't quite understand Audemars' approach to create the hands so skinny and so mediocre. It looks so lame, as if the designers were tired when they got to draw the hands.... In the new release, I can see a serious improvement. These already have skeletonized elements, which make them more sophisticated and more in the spirit of AP. I can't say it's my favorite model of hands, but it's better than it was.
I find the case a bit robotic, and AP had all the creativity in the world to make it more delicate. Because it can. but he didn't... In addition, he assigned a very mismatching dial to the case... I really like the new ripple pattern dials, but again, they're not exactly to my taste... if I look at the details of these watches separately, as if they look good... but all together, as if they do not combine with each other... for example, the ripple pattern dial does not seem suitable for the case from the new code 11.59 release...

HorsePower

no matter what people say, I like it.... if AP decided that Code 11.59 watches should look like this, there must probably be a reason behind it. this is how the brand concept looks, that's how the designers saw it.... who are we to criticize like that? in addition, the watches look very good, solid, practical, legible and functional

Cincinnati

these watches are among the ones I adore, despite the community's criticism. I don't see anything out of the ordinary in these Code 11.59... the dials are perfectly balanced between functionality and design. smooth, thin, elegant bezel, I love the date aperture both at 3 o'clock and 4-5 o'clock. the movement in them is impeccable. for an everyday watch that will attract attention, these are a winning option without a doubt... I think the community is exaggerating and would have expected another royal oak... the concept and philosophy of Code is adorable, I can't wait to I see what's next!

dancerINTHEdark

I try to look beyond the aesthetic features of this new collection, and at the same time not to look at it through the lens of the RO... what I see in them, as a collection, is that their mission is not well defined. The line seems to be trying to suggest that it would be dressy, but it suggests too many sporty elements at the same time. So, Ok, the audience might perceive it as some sporty guys, but that doesn't make sense either; a 30 meter WR watch and stamped guilloch dial is also not exactly descriptive for a sporty....

I don't know why, but I have the impression that the target audience is oriented towards the relatively young audience.... at least that's what I conclude from the marketing ads message of the line.... either way, this would make some sense. if so, AP would more actively propel the mature public towards RO :rolleyes:

Surid1980

I have had both models and I can totally say that there are good replicas out there and you can find the best version of it.
It is up to you to decide which one is the best one for you.
The price is ok for a replica and you dont have to worry about it.
The model is super cool and looks good on the wrist. Royal Oak is another level of course, and for sure became one of the most popular from Audemars Piguet. Even so, we can't go and say that Code 11 59 is a bad one. Maybe not that popular for sure but is a good one.
There are a lot of models from Audemars that are not as popular as Oak but this doesn't mean that is bad... we are talking about Piguet for God's sake..
The popularity of the watches .. these days makes me crazy.. what does it matter, you like it you buy it. simple rule!

Thereld

The popularity of the watches .. these days makes me crazy.. what does it matter, you like it you buy it. simple rule!
nothing wrong and i agree, but unfortunately, a lot of people are driven by this idea, is not popular so it is not going to be catchy.. the real truth.

BusyAsHell

this collection is far too raw and crude for an audemars piguet... for now, I still don't see the specific signature of AP in it and these watches get lost in the multitude of somehow mediocre watches... and I mean, when you look at an RO, it impossible to confuse it with another, even if they have a lot in common with some Nautilus or even Rolexes that were created by the same designer (Gerald Genta). With Code, I still don't find the exclusivity of the line... but, I give AP credit and I can't wait to see the next iterations in which I think the brand will refine its design, highlighting some specific and exclusive aspects

Rochdale

I don't understand why there is so much frustration about the collection... what did you expect??? for AP to launch something in the same style as RO? I think that the brand had in mind to abstract from what we know about it and to launch the completely opposite watch concept of what it has done so far... in my opinion, it succeeded.

If you compare other brands, we can see the same contrast. Patek Philippe, for example, is still not only about the nautilus, even if the world perceives it as the only collection that stands out... AP satisfied the preferences of the general public through the RO collection. Now it remains to satisfy that of the narrower audience with more special tastes through Code.....

The philosophy behind Code simply delights me!!!

HahREF5583468

I look and try to understand why the lugs are specific only for the upper part of the case... I mean, what was the idea? I think there must be an explanation for every detail in the watch,,, for this aspect, I did not find an explanation.....in general, the design and improvements from the last release are to be appreciated. it's not at the same level as RO, of course, but I'm happy with what I see in these watches... the only thing I think, I hope I'm wrong, is that these models will not be as "ever-lasting" as RO , Nautilus and everything like that. It seems to me that the "actuality" of these Codes will pass quickly..... I hope I'm wrong though

BenStone

I can't help but make a comparison between Code and RO. it is impossible for me. if I wouldn't have known about RO, I would look at the Codes as a quite nice collection, but quite average, maybe a little above average. the collection is fine, but I don't see anything so special compared to other watches in the industry. yes, it has specific details that only AP can do. the dials are really stunning. but at the same time, Code watches have so much in common with dozens of other watches from other brands... and knowing what a watch beauty has been created by AP through the RO collection, I kinda expected something more from Code.

but, I give credit to the manufacturer because I know that AP will take into account the feedback of the community and I am sure that the next iterations will come with substantial improvements. so, we were waiting

StevenOhio

hard to beat the Royal Oak watches, but, apart from that, code is marvellius. Let's not forget that Royal Oak was created in a difficult period, when watch brands were facing severe sales deficits and the quartz crisis. So AP needed something strong that would bring back stability to the brand. the Code was created from pure inspiration and vision. So, the motivation is completely different between the 2 collections. Code is specific, neat, technically powerful, and probably not created for everyone