ETA 2834-2 precision/accuracy limits

staYingPosiTIve!!!

Any connoisseurs of this movement here?

Circumstantially, got a Hamilton Scuba running on this mechanism. Brand new came from an official store. Have no idea how long it stayed in the store. The point is that after day 1 of wearing it, the watch indicated -1 sec/day. For the rest of the following days, I registered +12 sec/day. This takes place for about a week of constant wearing. I’m not pretty sure if the indexes are ok for namely this type of movement.

Thanks for any thoughts

peGASus4338#!

Are you sure you named it correctly?! To me, you actually refer to the 2824 movement. One of my fellows has a Longines for about one year. We were talking about his watch as he complained about a similar story, running initially +12 Spd.

This index falls within the movement borders. The acceptable limit for such kind is about -10 to +15 spd, as I remember. He set it a couple of times and achieved +10 spd on average, without further errors.

Actually, the mechanism is pretty easy to set. You better observe the watch for about a month. Maybe, it needs some time for the lubricants to oil the gears appropriately, especially considering that you don’t really know how long it stood in the store.
If the condition gets worse, you can ask for service on a warranty

UltrARiott

Are you sure you named it correctly?! To me, you actually refer to the 2824 movement. One of my fellows has a Longines for about one year. We were talking about his watch as he complained about a similar story, running initially +12 Spd.

This index falls within the movement borders. The acceptable limit for such kind is about -10 to +15 spd, as I remember. He set it a couple of times and achieved +10 spd on average, without further errors.

Actually, the mechanism is pretty easy to set. You better observe the watch for about a month. Maybe, it needs some time for the lubricants to oil the gears appropriately, especially considering that you don’t really know how long it stood in the store.
If the condition gets worse, you can ask for service on a warranty
why are u so sure that it's a 282 movement?
there is such a movement like the 2834-2. It’s based on the 2824-2. The difference consists of the day display at 12 o’clock.

I also think you should wait for some time, up to one month, and wear it daily meanwhile. During the night, try to position it crown up, might help

hiFUProstry

As far as I know, -5/+15 daily is an acceptable index for these watches. The same is with Mido timepieces. But you better ask for professional advice