first dress watch. any suggestions?

hATeAndLovewaTCheS

lucky u to have that money for your first dress watch :D u have many options in that budget… Tetra Neomatik 39 Automatic 46mm Stainless Steel and Leather Watch, Ref. No. 421.S2.it’s both minimalist and extremely expressive, if u like the red in a watch, it might suit you. For a more modest design, check out for Meister Automatic 38mm Stainless Steel and Leather Watch, Ref. No. 027/4051.00 with 38 hours power reserve, or the Hermes Arceau Automatic 40mm Stainless Steel and Leather Watch, Ref. No. 055473WW00. The Hermes is a little bit off your budget, but I think it is worth all the money: Swiss-made caliber H1837 with 45 hours PR and 28 jewels. Pretty minimalist, only with minute and hour hands, and a date window as well. Herringbone dial + interesting Arabic numerals

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 12.15.48.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 12.15.48.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 12.16.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 12.16.01.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 12.16.10.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 12.16.10.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 0

vingNEgy

ou my suggestions, you get completely confused by so many suggestions @nemailin :D

So, i'll let u know what I liked seeing here, proposed by the other members: Cartier Ronde Must, Omega de Ville, Breitling super, though it's not really a dress watch, Longines master collection, Portofino: all are great options for me and all of them would catch my attention

Ghosterry

Are u more oriented to big names? Longines Master Collection watch! Recommend! Also, take a look at the Longines 1832 Moon Phase watch if u wish for a complication on the dial. The IWC Portofino is also a great choice form all angles, technical, design, brand

CasPer$$hunteR

3-4k of $ u mean?? 👀👀👀 or your about another currency? If $, then you are lucky as you have a very extended array for your selection. Considering your budget, I would opt for designer watches. Who knows when you will afford a 3-4K watch? So take the chance and get a luxury watch. Also, do you consider only new or secondhand watches also?
For this price, you could have a watch from a pretty nice brand in your collection. Rolex, Omega, Breitling, and Tudor- all of them have watches in this price range. So, decide about the design. Breitling is more robust usually, Omega is more sporty (depending on the model), Tudor is closer to Rolex, and Rolex is Rolex :D
However, I also align with the above-mentioned Portofino and Cartier. Not bad options at all

Nobbing

Guys, you make my horizons wider :DDDD I see plenty of watches that I didn’t even consider and didn’t know were so fine. Even the price for some of them is incredible. Thanks a million, I think I narrowed my selection to 2-3 models. I'll search deeper about their movements and tech specs and let u know when I have it. If you’re interested :D

chunkeymonkey

Guys, you make my horizons wider :DDDD I see plenty of watches that I didn’t even consider and didn’t know were so fine. Even the price for some of them is incredible. Thanks a million, I think I narrowed my selection to 2-3 models. I'll search deeper about their movements and tech specs and let u know when I have it. If you’re interested :D
good for u finding watches where u less expect) dont wanna confuse u more @nemailin so would better abstain from other models not mentioned here... from all suggested, the omega de ville is a good start direct to the point

Eugene

I'm not a fan of dress watches as these are too simple and bore me quickly; no offense; b ut if you like them, can recommend some models that drew the attention of a non-dress watch enthusiast, i.e. ME:
Chopard L.U.C 1860 – Tony Traina
Rolex 1908 – Danny Milton
ORIS ARTILLERY DATA

And Calatrava, of course!!!

Most of them are pretty pricey, so you might want to look for good fake alternatives. Oris is pretty affordable in its gen version. great watches by me

Albert

I would wear a Hublot Classic Fusion or a Montblanc Tradition Automatic Date Watch. Very sophisticated by me, especially if they are minimal and clean. the clean black dial is everything in a solid dress watch
the silver dial is also the right way to go. love the combo

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 13.48.29.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 13.48.29.png
    451.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 13.48.36.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 13.48.36.png
    657.3 KB · Views: 0