Football and watches

Cacktoos

hello, fellows,
nice to know all of you here. `I'd like to share my passion for watches and for football. you maybe think "What's the connection between both of them"? Well, first of all, these are my two main passions, football, and timepieces. Sadly, I'm not a professional in either of these fields. I couldn't become a big soccer player because of my knee trauma. And neither did I become a seasoned watch collector because of the crazy prices for the watches I eve. Why did I decide to write here, in this thread?
I discovered the replica watch hobby just recently. I never thought it was such a huge industry, honestly. I mean I did know that there were counterfeit watches, just like counterfeit clothes and all that is branded. but, I never knew there was such a so huge community in the field. Neither did I know about the different grades of counterfeit watches. I now already know that a counterfeit is different from a replica (one month ago, I thought it was the same thing), and also I know that there are different factories and different quality levels of replica watches.
The point of all this is that new possibilities have opened to me with all this replica thing. loving so much football, I kinda have a dream: to have those watches that my favorite football players have.
Recently, with all the madness around the World Cup 2022 Qatar, this desire became even hotter. So, I'd like to have a collection of my favorite players' watches, replicas of course. That way, I feel like I'll have a special collection for my heart: something blending football and watches, my two major passions.
Are there crazies like me? Where to begin from? What would u suggest? And how's football for you, in general?
Nice to be talking about it, so feel free!

bagaBOO57335

World Cup 2022!!!!!!πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ phenomenal tournment😎😎😎 especially the finals indeed!!!! I was for the `Messi team, but to be honest, I must admit that Mbappe made all the game for the French team!!!! and it lost the finals in a very proud way!!! I'm happy for Argentina, Messi finished his World Cup carrier in the most beautiful way possible. Mbappe still has the chance to get the cup in 2026!!
now about watches πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
first of all, great idea to collect watches of your favorite players. it's the first time I hear such a collision approach... very creative, indeed! πŸ’ͺ😎😎
to begin with, I'd suggest to start with one team's watches, and gradually move to other team. otherwise you'll have a complete mess in your head.
try to buy reps from different dealers, so you can compare which is the best to provide reps. once you find a decent one to comfort your quality demands, keep on ordering from that source.
I'd avoid models in gold.i assume many footballers have such watches, but in reps, gold layer fade pretty fast, and you don't want it for your collection. aaa reps are a pretty good level to start with
good luck, and share pics with your football collection 😎😎πŸ’ͺ🀞⚽

PpiroJookK88735

ohhhh yeah 😎😎😎😎πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
saw that battle!!I was for MESSI, my wife was for Mbappe) we have squambelled 4 times with my wife during the final match πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
actually I would have liked to see Portugal and Brazil in the finals, but it wasn't meant to be πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

about your watch collection, I had a similar idea some years ago only that not with football, but with tennis players. sadly, my idea remained just an idea because I begun searching for a limited edition Richard Mille that Rafael Nadal created with the brand. but I couldn't find it in the replica market than, and I dropped the idea... perhaps I'm gonna think about it again, now with your inspirational thread πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

good point to start with only one team. after all, Manny footballers have similar watches. Neymar wears a rainbow watch, saw the on his instgr profile while he was fooling around in Dubai. and the same rainbow I've spotted on Harry Kane wrist, don't remember exactly in which article. so, it's not excluded that your collection is gonna be smaller than you think. and u on't spend much on it 😁

diaboliquerye

am I the only one here with supporting France??? πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
I couldn't recover for about week after the finals((( and that idiotic TikTok showing scenes over and over with the delusion of Mbappe and the whole team... it was painful, what to say?!πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
hope for the best in 2026.... and when I just only remember how the French team was like sleeping during the first 45 min of the finals. what was wrong with the team?! good for Mbappe who pulled the whole team forward... but still so sad about their loosing the game...πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

Sunnybunny

am I the only one here with supporting France??? πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
I couldn't recover for about week after the finals((( and that idiotic TikTok showing scenes over and over with the delusion of Mbappe and the whole team... it was painful, what to say?!πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
hope for the best in 2026.... and when I just only remember how the French team was like sleeping during the first 45 min of the finals. what was wrong with the team?! good for Mbappe who pulled the whole team forward... but still so sad about their loosing the game...πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
yes, so far 😁
I was also with the Argentina along the finals. the match was epic, what to say? still, have to admit that France has been pushing my buttons all the final and made me pretty nervous) especially during the second half. France lost the cup, but made it with dignity, I have to admit it.
Mbappe will still be able to regain the Cup, no worries. This game was the Messi's game 😎πŸ’ͺ

@Cacktoos nice idea, really
only that I didn't get it right: do you plan to collect winners' watches or your favourite players' ones? if it's only for the winers, so I think it's a little bit inconvenient, because you'll have to wait four years for the next collection :D

I love football, but never thought about what watches do footballers wear))
it's too sad that only after a couple of weeks after the great World Cup final, Pele passed away...πŸ«£πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’ he didn't get to see the Brazil tram in the finals, and I'm sure he would have enjoyed it so much.... now, he's probably playing with Maradona somewhere out thereπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή

by the way, Hublot seems to have made a couple of watches in partnership with Pele som e years ago, in 2014, if im not mistaken???πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€
either way, that's a good idea for your watch collection- gathering models related to the football icons that are no longer living (RIP to all of them)...the Hublot/Pele version is available in the rep market also. I've found only a couple of stores selling it. don't know much about the quality, but suppose not the best one, as the reps were somewhat around 150$. hope that rep factories make some improved iterations for these models. I don't exclude that people would like to have it...
Hublot Classic Fusion Aerofusion Chronograph Pele is the watch. the gen is available in two options, in gold and black ceramic. it's a very limited edition...

YuliusMeinl

watched the Cup; it kept me tensioned all along the way... so sorry for Brazil I hoped to see it in the final game.... so sorry for Pele, RIP! 😒

petrucho^^

PELE 😒😒😒😒😒😒 Brazil😒😒

@Cacktoos good an creative way to make your dream come true πŸ˜‚ watch collections are great when they have a meaning and your meaning is really engaging))))
begin with your favourite players. that way, no matter to what team they go, they will still remain your favourites. otherwise, if you go Sith the team concept, the football team members always change and move from one to another football club. so you're gonna get confused, bored, frustrated and tired to follow them all😁
even if you don't have so many football heroes, every one of them has at least 4-5 watches, so gt all off them 😁

DoctorWHO

plus one soccer and watch over!!!! :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
I was with the Croatia in the World Cup, so sad about its elimination!!! 😒😒😒😒 hope to see it in the finals, as winners Peter yet, in 2026😁

@Cacktoos can't tell u much about watch collections, as I dont consider myself a watch collector. one owning 3 at the moment. But, yes, you are right about the different rep quality grades. I suppose that a watch collection must be long-lasting, so the high-quality reps I guess is what u need. but, be very watchful!! not everything that shines is gold, you know the old quote. and get your reps only from TDs and trusted sources.

and just asking: football players are wealthy people and get themselves tens of watches 😁 do u really plan to get them all? 😁😁 well, reps I mean 😁😁 what you gonna do with them when you get bored? if you ever get...😁😁😁

Cacktoos

PELE 😒😒😒😒😒😒 Brazil😒😒

@Cacktoos good an creative way to make your dream come true πŸ˜‚ watch collections are great when they have a meaning and your meaning is really engaging))))
begin with your favourite players. that way, no matter to what team they go, they will still remain your favourites. otherwise, if you go Sith the team concept, the football team members always change and move from one to another football club. so you're gonna get confused, bored, frustrated and tired to follow them all😁
even if you don't have so many football heroes, every one of them has at least 4-5 watches, so gt all off them 😁
good point, didn't think of it so far.... thanks πŸ’ͺ

Cacktoos

plus one soccer and watch over!!!! :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:
I was with the Croatia in the World Cup, so sad about its elimination!!! 😒😒😒😒 hope to see it in the finals, as winners Peter yet, in 2026😁

@Cacktoos can't tell u much about watch collections, as I dont consider myself a watch collector. one owning 3 at the moment. But, yes, you are right about the different rep quality grades. I suppose that a watch collection must be long-lasting, so the high-quality reps I guess is what u need. but, be very watchful!! not everything that shines is gold, you know the old quote. and get your reps only from TDs and trusted sources.

and just asking: football players are wealthy people and get themselves tens of watches 😁 do u really plan to get them all? 😁😁 well, reps I mean 😁😁 what you gonna do with them when you get bored? if you ever get...😁😁😁
actually, the high quality of my future reps are the main priority. I mean I know that the replicas probably won't last as long as an authentic watch would, but it's not a problem at all. I'm sure good imitations won't give me headaches often, right?)

with the list of watches…. oh, I know that footballers keep adding watches to their collection. some models are not even valid in the industry yet, so I'm still waiting :). however, I don't see a problem in taking just one watch for each player, to begin with. It’s not that I'm a millionaire affording tens of watches every other month, yet )))) and good imitations cost)))

regarding getting bored, I don't think I'll ever get bored of them. and I just plan to collect them without a specific purpose. do collectors even have a certain purpose?! 🧐🧐🧐
until it brings me pleasure, I will add them for personal satisfaction :D

Cacktoos

watched the Cup; it kept me tensioned all along the way... so sorry for Brazil I hoped to see it in the final game.... so sorry for Pele, RIP! 😒
yeah, terrible news, indeed.... and somehow feeling sorry for the Brazil team. would have bean a pleasant gift if is at least, would have gotten to the final game... RIP!!!!

Greg_B

hello, soccer jerk πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm in the same boat actually😁 now, I'm stuck with Ronaldo transfer to the arabic team, so excited to see what this all ends up with 😁 great idea to build a collection of footballers' watches. must be engaging and fun I guessπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒπŸ™ƒ

I would be curious to talk to someone who has a collection of watches on this topic🀩🀩. all I can recommend is to pay attention to the mechanisms that are integrated in the replica watches... I wrote something about them in a separate thread also in this forum. The physical appearance is easier to choose. just ask the dealer for some pictures and see if you like the physical appearance or not. but with the technical side, things are more complicated. you are not always sure what you will get at the end πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚... see details here https://replicareviews.to/forum/thr...nts-found-in-rep-watches-need-to-know.865521/ ...
and waiting for some pictures of your collection, I can't wait πŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Cincinnati

nice thread out here)))))

I am also passionate about football and watches. I felt very sorry for Brazil and its evolution in this cup, but I expect it to take revenge in the next cup πŸ’ͺπŸ€“

the idea of collecting watches is not bad, but you have to hurry because soon the next cup will begin😁😁 and then what will you do? will you start with a new list of players? if you know for sure that you remain faithful to the same players, go ahead) otherwise, if you change them, you will get confused between them. create a logic in the collection: players' watches from 2022, players' watches from 2026, etc... it would be good to have order and clarity in the collection to be more engaging.... sorry, I suffer from OCD a bit, and I might exaggerate:D

dancerINTHEdark

ole ole ole ole!!!!!!! I think I still didn't recover from the fever of emotions for 2 months after the cup ended....... you became obsessed with fplayers' watches, I became obsessed with their tik-toks πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ all day I was following them on tiktok and the platform wouldn't generate me another content than cup-relatedπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

go ahead with the idea of a collection, no matter what you get out of it, it will be catchy and it will remind you of the hotness of European and world games,,,, and I think that this particularly what a collection must do, generate emotions!!!!! 🀌πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

GeorgeClintonBiden

I recall the vibe))) I didn't watch the whole championship but I got massively involved once the eight-finals started)) I couldn't get enough, and Messi's final kept me in euphoria for a long time)))

the idea of making a collection in honor of the championship is superb. honestly. now that half a year has passed since the championship, it's as if everything has been forgotten and the emotions are not as vibrant. but with a collection of watches, I think I would have emotions and feel the moment again, and recall that compelling period of time. so go for it!!! I was thinking as a good idea to think about a collection for the next championship as well. I imagine that each collection would have its own vibe and recalling of some specific memories and feelings.... I think that's exactly what collections are about... about emotions)))

Eugene

yeah.... I remember the madness from the championship 😎😎😎 I'm not a big fan of football but somehow I was attracted by the vibe and I really enjoyed the semi-finals and the final 😁

the idea with the football players' watches is good, I just hope you don't get bored of it soon... if football is a die-hard passion for you, I think it will mean a lot to you... by the way, how's it going. .. with your collection?😎

StevenOhio

"I now already know that a counterfeit is different from a replica (one month ago, I thought it was the same thing), and also I know that there are different factories and different quality levels of replica watches."- sorry dude)
you are fooling yourself) you can call them what you want, but they are fakes and counterfeits anyway. they're just not legal products that are allowed by law) if the official brands could catch on the replica factories, surely they could sue them for copyright infringement) so, no matter then naming, they all remain counterfeit))

as for the replica watch collection idea, it's a great idea in fact. i truly appreciate it) if you are passionate about football, why not?! only that my recommendation is to collect high quality imitations. for sure you will want the watches to last well in 10-20 years, so low quality fakes are not the best idea)