Quick overview on movements found in rep watches! NEED TO KNOW!

Greg_B

hello, my dears, lovers of reps!!

I want to leave here some information about different types of mechanisms, specifically in replica watches. You know a lot about the original versions, I bet; but less about the reps, right? Personally, when I was just getting into this whole business with replica watches, when I was reading about rep movements, it seemed to me that I was reading in Chinese. everything seemed so unclear to me. I'm sure there are others out there just like me some years ago, so take this article as a general guide to get you started!! 😎 Also, I do not rule out that I might have made an error; excuse me in case of something! I noted this piece of info while in the airport and I may have missed something))) correct me, whenever u please)))

So the first thing you need to know. Replica mechanisms are divided into chronos and non-chronos. The first category is for reps with sub-dials, they are called chronographs. The non-chronos are for regular replicas, without subdials. BUT, some manufacturers use nopn-chrono for watches with sub-dials. This means that chronographs will either not work at all, or they will work, but in a different way than genuine watches. Is it clear so far? Okay, let's move on!

I will continue with a list of the most common non-chrono movements.
1. I will start with 21J/DG2813 (1st pic). It is not a single mechanism, it is actually a series of mechanisms under this name. They are Chinese, and they are very cheap. They can differ in the quality of operation, some are better, some worse. As a general impression, they are acceptable despite the extremely low price per unit. These are usually found in automatic replicas. I have only met a few in manual replicas.
I don't really bother with these mechanisms; they serve for a long time, but if they break, just replace them. They are also cheap and easy to find.

2. ETA caliber 2813 (2nd pic). In short: it's one to better avoid. Functionality: is pretty acceptable, but once it breaks, you won't be able to find parts to replace it and no repair expert will take your replica watch. You could get a replica based on this mechanism only if it is very cheap, and you will not regret the money. if the dealer asks for a huge amount, send him where you want; this mechanism is not worth the money at all.

3.ETA Asian Clones (3rd pic). They come in different versions A28xxx. I like this type of mechanism. By virtue of trust, it works for a long time and flawlessly. In fact, they are identical equivalents of Swiss ETA movements. Of course, they will not work as smoothly as the original swiss models, but they are the most promising from a technical point of view. It is worth stopping at an imitation of this type of mechanism and it is worth the money. These mechanisms are often found in high quality replicas. at the same time, they are also accessible in case of damage.

4.Swiss ETA: i.e. the original models of those I just mentioned. It is assumed that these mechanisms are authentic. But it is quite difficult to say if it is correct or not. ETA has not been offered to anyone outside the Swatch group for several years now. Respectively, it is unlikely that you will find any new ETA mechanism in the current replicas. However, there are a lot of stores that offer such mechanisms in replica watches. Believe them or not, it's up to you. Personally, I have big doubts. And I don't recommend falling prey to the dealers who ask a fortune for such watches, because most likely, you will get nothing but an Asian clone, which is not bad, but is definitely cheaper.

5. I saw that there was talk about Sellita in this forum, and I won't talk too much. in general terms, they are the direct competitor of ETA, and very few replicas run based on this mechanism.

6. Miyota 9015: great movement, a real and promising alternative to ETA clones and ETA mechanisms. great high-beat of 28,800 vph. Trust this mechanism, for sure you will not have problems with it.

7.Miyota 8215 in terms of functionality, great, but is somewhat susceptible on the second hand. It's generally less smooth in comparison to the previous miyota. To prevent damage, opt for this movement only when you see that the second hands of the watch are quite short and light in weight. The length and weight of the second hand negatively affect the operation. A good example is the replicas with snowflake hands. Do not under any circumstances take this mechanism for a watch with snowflake hands.

8. Sea-Gull: a very well-known and reliable manufacturer in the production of watches and mechanisms. They specialize in cloning different mechanisms, and they make clones quite promisingly. I don't see why you wouldn't trust everything that comes from a sea-gull.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.44.32-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.44.32-min.png
    348.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.47.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.47.20.png
    673.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.56.19.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.56.19.png
    479.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

WatchOut

hey hey hey!!! love that kind of treads!!!!!! it's a real mess with so man types of movements and I get confused every time!!! so thanks for that!!!

only that I would add something more:
The A6497/A6498 types of movements! Most of them that I found are integrated in Panerai reps, and are very reliable, from what I know. Actually, these come as copies of the 6498/6497 unitas movements. Generally, work well, but still, can be better and worse, depending on the different grades. Either way, none of them are hard to service and also, very attainable in pieces for replacement. Most of them come with a second hand; have rarely seen them without.
Also, a worthy movement to consider, for which the price vs quality is pretty ok balance.

and where are the chrono-movements? That;s a pretty important info, I believe...

Eddie

nice!!! good thread, even if it's incomplete!!!
as for the Chronos: there aren't as much types as the non-chromo ones, from what I know...
The A7750, Valjoux also called, is the most frequently met one among chrono reps, isn't it? And even if it is mostly seen in chronos, I put it a couple of times in non-chrono reps. though, i can't see the logic in this... What i know about this chrono-movement is that it's mandatory to service it and handle it properly and on time. otherwise, it tends to be pretty fragile. And once it gets cracked, oh god, it takes a century until finding proper spares to replace.
It's a solid one, and runs smoothly, in general lines...

Greg_B

nice!!! good thread, even if it's incomplete!!!
as for the Chronos: there aren't as much types as the non-chromo ones, from what I know...
The A7750, Valjoux also called, is the most frequently met one among chrono reps, isn't it? And even if it is mostly seen in chronos, I put it a couple of times in non-chrono reps. though, i can't see the logic in this... What i know about this chrono-movement is that it's mandatory to service it and handle it properly and on time. otherwise, it tends to be pretty fragile. And once it gets cracked, oh god, it takes a century until finding proper spares to replace.
It's a solid one, and runs smoothly, in general lines...
absolutely, you're right!!!! these are practically most often integrated into rep chronographs. Some of them high-beat at 28,800, but for some time I keep coming across low-beat versions of 21,600.

Apart from this chrono mechanism, there are also OS Japan chronos. Or, Japan Quatrz as some call it. but in fact it has many other versions of the name.
These are quartz-based mechanisms for chronographs, quite affordable in terms of price, and very reliable in function. By the way, they register a very promising prediction for replica watches. You can find them in different varieties of features, but basically, all of them work equally well. The truth is that I don't really find this type of mechanism in replica watches lately, or they are restricted only to a certain category of dealers.🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐 in any case, if you find one, you have no reason not to have absolute confidence!!

CosmoS

really thanks for the thread. it's a good memory refresher. and I have already taken something from him that I did not know until now. I have heard something about the A7753 mechanisms. any ideas and suggestions regarding?

Greg_B

really thanks for the thread. it's a good memory refresher. and I have already taken something from him that I did not know until now. I have heard something about the A7753 mechanisms. any ideas and suggestions regarding?
just right now I was going to write something about it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

This one is something similar to the A7750, but a little different in architecture. With this mechanism, you will find the subdials exactly opposite to the A 7750. If in the A7750, they are positioned at 6, 9, and 12, in the A7753, they are set at 3, 6, and 9. Also in this model, as a general rule, there is a pusher at 10 o'clock that sets the date. most of the time, I see this mechanism on Panerai replicas.

I can't say it's better or worse than the A7750. Both have about the same advantages and disadvantages. but still, it seems to me that the lack of transfer gearing that comes as a result of the architecture somehow makes it a bit more robust than the A7750.

EuGeniuS

finally, an explanatory and clear thread on the topic of replica mechanisms!!! I have been searching for clear information on this subject... thank you!!!
also on the chrono theme: do you know anything about A7751? I heard good things about it, but not sure...

Greg_B

finally, an explanatory and clear thread on the topic of replica mechanisms!!! I have been searching for clear information on this subject... thank you!!!
also on the chrono theme: do you know anything about A7751? I heard good things about it, but not sure...
you heard right. only that this type of mechanism is specific to the rather complex replicas from the patek philippe and Longines series in most cases. But also in other complicated replicas that even come with the moonphase complication function. It is a very promising mechanism when it comes to complex functions, and it is not exactly cheap. but it justifies its price through quality and durability. however, caution is advised. it is very delicate, and apparently, it can be quite fragile. very clean and really beautiful mec, to me

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 14.14.02-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 14.14.02-min.png
    328.4 KB · Views: 0

CuriousGeorge

pretty sticky thread for me! thanks for that! only that it seems to me that all the Chrono movements mentioned here seem to be too beatufil to be true. I mean, all are praises for their good functionality. at the same time, there are so many chrono reps that works terribly bad. what's the point, if the mechanisms appear to be reliable?

WatchOut

pretty sticky thread for me! thanks for that! only that it seems to me that all the Chrono movements mentioned here seem to be too beatufil to be true. I mean, all are praises for their good functionality. at the same time, there are so many chrono reps that works terribly bad. what's the point, if the mechanisms appear to be reliable?
what do u exactly mean by working terribly?

CuriousGeorge

what do u exactly mean by working terribly?

someone complains about how differently the chronographs operate compared to the original models.

someone else complains about the fact that the battery of the replica chronographs runs out very quickly. someone complains about the fact that some of the subdials are usually frozen and don't work at all, they are applied only as decoration.... I have been looking for a good replica chronograph for a long time, but I always seem to be not sure that I will get something really good . at least, these are the complaints that are associated with replica chronographs....

Greg_B

someone complains about how differently the chronographs operate compared to the original models.

someone else complains about the fact that the battery of the replica chronographs runs out very quickly. someone complains about the fact that some of the subdials are usually frozen and don't work at all, they are applied only as decoration.... I have been looking for a good replica chronograph for a long time, but I always seem to be not sure that I will get something really good . at least, these are the complaints that are associated with replica chronographs....
it is unlikely that these problems are a direct consequence of the movement from within.

First of all, there are other types of chrono replica movements, which are not mentioned here. this is because they do not belong to any of the categories mentioned above, and respectively, god knows what these imply in theirselves. it is not excluded that you are talking specifically about these types of mechanisms.

secondly, if the chronographs DO NOT WORK properly or are frozen, this means that the replica watch runs on a non-chrono movement, which simply does not support the functionality of a chronograph. in essence, the chronographs are visually present, but do not work.

and what you mentioned about the battery, all chronographs, including genuine ones, have a weaker battery than ordinary watches. it's something normal and natural. in general, for chronograph watches it is recommended to cancel the operation of the sub-dials when you are not using them. otherwise, they die from battery life πŸ˜‰

Greg_B

makes sense))))
it's an A7750) congrats on your decent movement. Not the best, but surely decent. I suppose you don't have much trouble with it. although this mechanism is not subject to any quality standards, it is thus possible to have deficiencies in the tolerance between the wheels, or to have edges that are not exactly refined. over time, small defects could appear, but usually, they can be solved with the assistance of a watch repair expert

DoctorWHO

it's an A7750) congrats on your decent movement. Not the best, but surely decent. I suppose you don't have much trouble with it. although this mechanism is not subject to any quality standards, it is thus possible to have deficiencies in the tolerance between the wheels, or to have edges that are not exactly refined. over time, small defects could appear, but usually, they can be solved with the assistance of a watch repair expert

oh my god, I get lost in so many details, but if I read about 4 times, it seems to lighten up in front of my eyesπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

in any case, the information is of great value,THANKS!!!!! I hope that these are all existing... or are there more to come? πŸ˜–πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ«£

DoctorWHO

oh my god, I get lost in so many details, but if I read about 4 times, it seems to lighten up in front of my eyesπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

in any case, the information is of great value,THANKS!!!!! I hope that these are all existing... or are there more to come? πŸ˜–πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ«£
how naive you are
πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚

these are only a part of them
😁
, only the most frequently encountered and the most viable))
πŸ˜‚
😁
😁
but there are a lot more... if we go into details here, we won't get away easily
😁
πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚