G-shock or Baby-G? This is the question

Mandre

What to choose?
I'm really so confused about it... I know that they are different but I just don't know which one to choose. I look at them both, it's like they both are made for me. The Baby-G looks amazing, especially in pink powder but I feel like I'm going to have some problems with the replica version. I'm never going to believe that a replica model can be anti-shock. The materials are too cheap to offer this possibility.
The G-shock is good looking too, not sure how does the replica version looks like and even if it's worth the money. Never had a Casio replica model before so I would like to be sure that I can find some good replicas before purchasing one. Please help.

Almagest

are u sure you need a g-shock? unless you practice some sports and stuff like that. if you dont, there is no practical need in. a g-shock. but, it's up to you course.

from what I get of your post, you need a sustainable one, as I see you care much about the anti-shock property. now, high quality reps do have such property (only from trusted dealers), but they are on the top of the price range, of course. Now, you need to balance if u really need a rep, because a gen is not as expensive and it's almost the same price as a high-quality rep.
IDK, only my personal opinion: I buy reps for haute horology luxury brands. Casio seems pretty affordable, and you get the full warranty from it

Wervelf

Hi, have you ever considered going with Sheen models? The thing is that it seems like these replica versions are easy to find and well-made. Sheen is an easy watch and replicas are working really effortlessly with these models. Besides this, i think that it really looks good and feminine. Baby-g and g-shock are good but you are right that there can be some problems with the quality. the anti-shock proprieties are not the only possible flop that you can find here. Remember that Casio usually uses carbon, platinum and high-quality resin. I think that there are other types of materials that they use for their watches but these are just some of them that I remembered. Of course, the replica is going to change for cheap materials. in this case the anti-shock proprieties aren't going to be available. Baby-g and g-shock are watches that are really light because of the materials. Usually, due to the lightness, it is easier to make them anti-shock. If the materials used by replica manufacturers are cheaper and heavier the anti-shock proprieties... no this is not possible.
I agree with @Almagest , you can go with other types unless you don't practice sports or have heavy work.

Mandre

@Almagest @Wervelf Hello and thank you for your answers. Yes, I'm totally into sports and I have been into the sport all my life. I mean on a daily basis I think that g-shock can be a good choice for me. I need something that can be resistant and make no problems.
The genuine Baby-g and G-shock are both anti-shock as I know, but I'm not sure about replicas.
If you tell me that there is a possibility that replicas are not anti-shock then there is no sense for me to buy it....

About Sheen models, I love them but have never considered them. I mean... for going out maybe yes but for daily use I don't think so. 🤔

vAshayaStar

It all depends on what you need in your replica watch. Generally speaking, it’s not a bad idea to have a rep g-shock. In terms of resemblance, I saw a couple of rep G-shocks looking almost identical, with the exception of minor divergences in the dial and weight.
As far as I know, the sensors of reps either don’t function as in the original models, or they are simply missing. It’s challenging for the manufacturers to integrate them and make them work I reps. Other basic functions like day, date, and stopwatch have no issues and work smoothly. Also, I know these last a pretty long time, about 4-6 years without any stress. Of course, if handled properly. Also, these are pretty easy to maintain actually. Once in a while, just replace the battery.

Just be prudent with the dealer you buy from. As with other reps, some are good models, others might be not. If you’re in sports, you probably need some specific features to be integrated into your watch. Not all reps come with all features functioning. Some of them are frozen, usually in cheaper versions. My advice is to go for a medium-complicated G shock. The more functions and complications it has, the higher the probability that some of them will be functional.
To answer your question, the baby-G version is too childish for me (subjective). i’d go for the usual G-Shock

EasyPeasY57299

Oh, there is so much I have to say here))

To begin with, let’s clarify a bit the genuine models. These two differ a lot in sizes, straps, and faces. For as I know, baby Gs come in a wider variability. So, if it’s variability you look for, then Baby G would be a good option. Also, these vary a lot in their water resistance profile. If I’m not mistaken, Casio makes the G shocks water-resistant up to 200 m. Baby versions are less resistant up to 100 m. So, here you have to decide is WR is a critical necessity for u.

In terms of durability, there are no differences. Casio invests equally in their resistance profile and even uses almost the same materials for most models. Even the shock resistance is the same in both. Also, both are very rich in features. Stopwatch, alarm, auto-adjusting calendars, countdown, almost everything you find in a traditional G shock, will be integrated into a Baby version, of course with some differences depending on the model. Only a couple of extreme functions like barometer won’t be available in baby Gs, but idk at what extent you would need such a feature.

Now, about reps. I met a couple of fake G shocks in my6 life. Aesthetically, they look pretty close to gens, except for minor errors in color or engravings. But, im not sure about their durability. My fellows told me these were pretty resistant and precise. But, they are not sports performers, as you mentioned you are. They wore the fake just for daily wear, without exposing t much stress. Now, if you are in sports, u probably need precision, guaranteed durability, and stuff like that. Think of an authentic better.

Mandre

It all depends on what you need in your replica watch. Generally speaking, it’s not a bad idea to have a rep g-shock. In terms of resemblance, I saw a couple of rep G-shocks looking almost identical, with the exception of minor divergences in the dial and weight.
As far as I know, the sensors of reps either don’t function as in the original models, or they are simply missing. It’s challenging for the manufacturers to integrate them and make them work I reps. Other basic functions like day, date, and stopwatch have no issues and work smoothly. Also, I know these last a pretty long time, about 4-6 years without any stress. Of course, if handled properly. Also, these are pretty easy to maintain actually. Once in a while, just replace the battery.

Just be prudent with the dealer you buy from. As with other reps, some are good models, others might be not. If you’re in sports, you probably need some specific features to be integrated into your watch. Not all reps come with all features functioning. Some of them are frozen, usually in cheaper versions. My advice is to go for a medium-complicated G shock. The more functions and complications it has, the higher the probability that some of them will be functional.
To answer your question, the baby-G version is too childish for me (subjective). i’d go for the usual G-Shock
This is the first thing that I would like to do... to find out a good supplier. I have seen some of them but I can't say that they are good enough. I have to calculate all the information that I can find and ask some other people that already have purchased g-shock watches from them before going to purchase something. This always works this way for me... it takes a lot of time to find a good supplier.

Anyway, the most important thing that I needed to know is that there are is possible to find g-shock models as replicas. I have heard so much different information that now I feel confused and I don't know what to do. \
Maybe is better to go for watches that have more functions and to forget about g-shock... maybe you are right... i actually need a lot of functions that are offered by genuine sports watches. Hoping to find the watch that I need.
Thank you for your post, is kind of you:)

Mandre

Oh, there is so much I have to say here))

To begin with, let’s clarify a bit the genuine models. These two differ a lot in sizes, straps, and faces. For as I know, baby Gs come in a wider variability. So, if it’s variability you look for, then Baby G would be a good option. Also, these vary a lot in their water resistance profile. If I’m not mistaken, Casio makes the G shocks water-resistant up to 200 m. Baby versions are less resistant up to 100 m. So, here you have to decide is WR is a critical necessity for u.

In terms of durability, there are no differences. Casio invests equally in their resistance profile and even uses almost the same materials for most models. Even the shock resistance is the same in both. Also, both are very rich in features. Stopwatch, alarm, auto-adjusting calendars, countdown, almost everything you find in a traditional G shock, will be integrated into a Baby version, of course with some differences depending on the model. Only a couple of extreme functions like barometer won’t be available in baby Gs, but idk at what extent you would need such a feature.

Now, about reps. I met a couple of fake G shocks in my6 life. Aesthetically, they look pretty close to gens, except for minor errors in color or engravings. But, im not sure about their durability. My fellows told me these were pretty resistant and precise. But, they are not sports performers, as you mentioned you are. They wore the fake just for daily wear, without exposing t much stress. Now, if you are in sports, u probably need precision, guaranteed durability, and stuff like that. Think of an authentic better.
Well, I would like to have an authentic one of course but for now, I can't go with it. This is why I asked about the reps. Thank you for your post, but it is still hard for me to choose one of them. I thought that if there is such a big difference between these two and if there is such a big difference between the original one and the reps, maybe this is going to be better to try both reps to see which one is better.

Sometimes, it is better to take risks and find out. If both of these is bad then you are right and I just need to go with one genuine, in case they are good, maybe I'll have two different models to wear.

Wervelf

@Almagest @Wervelf Hello and thank you for your answers. Yes, I'm totally into sports and I have been into the sport all my life. I mean on a daily basis I think that g-shock can be a good choice for me. I need something that can be resistant and make no problems.
The genuine Baby-g and G-shock are both anti-shock as I know, but I'm not sure about replicas.
If you tell me that there is a possibility that replicas are not anti-shock then there is no sense for me to buy it....

About Sheen models, I love them but have never considered them. I mean... for going out maybe yes but for daily use I don't think so. 🤔
it is hard to say, if you are so, particularly about anti-shock proprieties and you don't want to fail with your next replica, then for sure you need to go with gens, at least you spend money for something that is really good and is going to work the way you wanted.

There is always something unpredictable about replica anti-shock watches, which is the thing that you never know what you are going to get. The only thing that you can go with that is totally working with reps anti-shock is to find out a person that has already purchased such a rep. and knows where you can find it.

vAshayaStar

if you get a rep, be morally prepared for any kind of outcome. the rep can be hard at the exterior, but fail with the movement. or vice versa. so, there is always the chance that something will go wrong. if you find a good and reliable supplier with resistant and well functioning G shocks, I bet he will ask almost the same price as the gen. then why to take the risks? you get warranty with gens. rep sellers not always give it

Mandre

it is hard to say, if you are so, particularly about anti-shock proprieties and you don't want to fail with your next replica, then for sure you need to go with gens, at least you spend money for something that is really good and is going to work the way you wanted.

There is always something unpredictable about replica anti-shock watches, which is the thing that you never know what you are going to get. The only thing that you can go with that is totally working with reps anti-shock is to find out a person that has already purchased such a rep. and knows where you can find it.
I think that you are right. Maybe this is the best thing to do to go with genuine models but I would like to try replicas. Maybe I'm going to be lucky enough to find a good one, you never know.

Mandre

if you get a rep, be morally prepared for any kind of outcome. the rep can be hard at the exterior, but fail with the movement. or vice versa. so, there is always the chance that something will go wrong. if you find a good and reliable supplier with resistant and well functioning G shocks, I bet he will ask almost the same price as the gen. then why to take the risks? you get warranty with gens. rep sellers not always give it
Really? I thought that replicas are going to be less expensive.. why so? There is no sense in it, if it costs the same as the genuine then why people are buying them? If this is true.. then for sure, it is better to go with genuine.. I really don't know, I didn't expect to find something like this

Wervelf

I think that you are right. Maybe this is the best thing to do to go with genuine models but I would like to try replicas. Maybe I'm going to be lucky enough to find a good one, you never know.
its better to expect that ur rep is not going to be the best one... if u expect to have a good one ur going to feel bad about it later. at least if u want to go with reps, try to understand that there is a possib. that u are going to turn to genuines. take a deep breath and dont worry if it doesnt go the way u wanted.

Mandre

its better to expect that ur rep is not going to be the best one... if u expect to have a good one ur going to feel bad about it later. at least if u want to go with reps, try to understand that there is a possib. that u are going to turn to genuines. take a deep breath and dont worry if it doesnt go the way u wanted.
I think that this is the best thing that I can actually do right now. I'm going to try to find the best replica version. If it doesn't go the way I want, then for sure, in the nearest future I'm going to go with genuine models.