G shock watches...really?!

peGASus4338#!

View attachment 97
do u really find this steel G-shock ugly? I find it phenomenal 🫠
too complicated for me... how long does it take to get used to such a display?

the watch is supposed to tell the time fast and accurately. I like G-Shocks for their durability of materials, which makes them suitable for all kind of sports. But, the aesthetics....😖😖😖 over-engineered

Albert

c'mon... gshocks are just one category of watches among many other categories. they have their target audience for which there is no better watch than gshocks. you don't necessarily like the look of a watch to find it useful. after all, Gshocks it's not about aesthetic but utility. In terms of utility and functions, they shine next to many other mediocre categories that only show the time and nothing more

BusyAsHell

@SwInEIGh I don't see any objective argument in your objections to g-shocks... and man, how do you imagine an ultra-sporty and ultra-resistant watch to various shocks and impacts must look like? like a dress watch? c'mon, these watches serve certain purposes like physical activities and bold style... you probably don't have any tangent with these aspects, that's why you don't resonate with these watches... those who have to do with sports and dynamic lifestyle can't imagine their life without a g shock... aesthetics is a subjective thing, but the practicability and durability of these watches are truly unbeatable

DomPerignon

I love these watches... with their outbreak, I solved so many problems related to resistance and durability. totally agree that gshocks have their purpose, and I'm sure that they appeared out of necessity, not just from the ambition of the watch makers.

Casio has a fabulous model that has integrated chronograph with smartphone links. it's the G-steel model which is a stunning watch. This is my next watch that I will buy. the ones I wore previously amazed me with their performance despite all the stressful factors on them. amazing watches and bald design. What do you think a rocky watch should look like!? 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11.08.11.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 11.08.11.png
    752.8 KB · Views: 0

igivente

@SwInEIGh i wonder what watches you wear for physical activities and active lifestyle if it's not a g-shock?))) i wonder what other watch could resist impacts, stress, sweat and all that kind of stuff so well ??? an explorer?- maybe, but stainless steel is definitely scratched and it is very difficult to get rid of these scratches. I suppose you don't have much to deal with active sport and rocky adventures if you don't understand the essence of g shoks. these are for utility, not for design... although their imposing design is also a stylistic vision, which you, rpobably, simply do not understand

StevenOhio

until G-shokcs appeared, I was used to sleek, fine, refined watches. even the sports ones were relatively small. When the g-shocks appeared, my first reaction was similar to yours @SwInEIGh and I mean, what kind of shocks are these, so big and somehow ugly???? however, it is only a matter of perception and a natural reaction to new things. along the way, I understood that they are very practical, resistant, impressively durable and have a special place in the industry. So, maybe you, too, are not yet ready to adapt to innovations))) sorry if maybe I'm not right) but, you don't have to look at g-shocks strictly from the perspective of aesthetics)) these are tools, if you want) )

lately, brands have transformed ugly g-shocks into very good-looking accessories. so, I think your perception is not really relevant any more)

MiracuLuis

@SwInEIGh
sorry dude,, I don't share your opinion) I think you haven't found the right g-shock. superb watches, impressively durable, can withstand everything. with the right model, i think u would never get back to previous watches again

the g-shocks are for durability, as many of the previous comments said. probably it's just that g-shoks are not your type

Cinar73967

one of my favorites: gshocks. I wouldn't trade them for the most expensive watch in the world. I don't get tired of wearing them and they solve all my needs that a watch should have. I'm not a fan of complex watches and always try to get those with as few functions as possible.. but with ghocks, using them is so satisfying that I ended up using it for 90% of its functionality... I think it's just not your style, that's why u don't resonate. but as a watch concept - gshocks is simply impressive