genuine Omega 007: how sought-after?

hiFUProstry

What’s your opinion on those watches? I do like the movies and I truly appreciate the collaboration of Omega and cinema. I also like these watches line. The only thing that stops me from having one, be it even a rep, is that people don’t really appreciate the watch value rather than would see me as a fanatic lover of the Bond character. If I were 22, this maybe wouldn’t bother me so much, but 42 and don’t wanna be associated with that little boy passioned about Spider-Man and having his logo and pictures on all t-shirts, plates, pants, etc… the point is that I like the design of 007 Seamaster but don’t want it to be viewed as a tribute to the oo7 character. Love the movie but I don’t intend to pay some money for paying homage to it. How do you look at this watch? Am I exaggerating things?

CoVriGoooU

My 19-year-old cousin has collected almost all of these reps including those made of Roger Moore 5513s and Sean Connery 6538s. As I saw these watches on my cousin’s wrist, I can’t imagine them on yours and I do think that these models are intended particularly for a certain segment of customers. In marketing, it’s a natural phenomenon to release products for segmented groups according to interests, hobbies, personality typologies, etc…

On the other hand, if you are one of those persons loving to collect specific stuff, like Marvel stickers, legos, idk, the watch might resonate with you. After all, the line doesn’t feature the main character’s face on the dial…

platoonshrek

What’s your opinion on those watches? I do like the movies and I truly appreciate the collaboration of Omega and cinema. I also like these watches line. The only thing that stops me from having one, be it even a rep, is that people don’t really appreciate the watch value rather than would see me as a fanatic lover of the Bond character. If I were 22, this maybe wouldn’t bother me so much, but 42 and don’t wanna be associated with that little boy passioned about Spider-Man and having his logo and pictures on all t-shirts, plates, pants, etc… the point is that I like the design of 007 Seamaster but don’t want it to be viewed as a tribute to the oo7 character. Love the movie but I don’t intend to pay some money for paying homage to it. How do you look at this watch? Am I exaggerating things?
these are sought-after, don't have doubts about it. it's just people owning them, reps or gens, don't show them off exposedly. I dont know hoy you wear your watches. if you like to show them off, you might be interpreted as a guy addicted to James Bond character. or, if you have it just for your personal satisfaction, not making a fanfare of what you own, just enjoy your guilty pleasure. all of us have one

whySOniCE456

too much worries... buy what5you want and you dont have to explain nothing to no one, no matter the age. we sometimes overthink and complicate things, depending on others' opinions... grab what you please and stop giving a damn on what people say

staYingPosiTIve!!!

"Am I exaggerating things?"- yes you are
The Bond community would devour you right away, looking how you're struggling with the matter :D
im sure that people who bought Paul Newman Daytona rep (because the gen is the most expensive watch from all Rolex), didn't actually buy it because of the Paul Newman, but rather because of the good design. so if you resonate with it, go and get it and dont bother too much. It's you who knows that the watch is correlated with the movie, character and so on. People around you are not as enthusiast about watches as you are

I know it from my experience:D I always thought that all of my close people love them the way I do. But every time I get a great watch showing it off to them, I get like "eehhmm, yeah.. nice", Amin 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Seriously, true connoisseurs will appreciate your watch as required, the rest don't really care about it 😁

peGASus4338#!

what an absurd question, all due respect... If I didnt know these watches, I would have thought these were imprinted with cartoon mignons on them... according to your description, these are like toy-watches. C'mon, the series is closely associated with the movie indeed, but wearing them doesn't make u a cartoon character. After all, how many people not involved in the watch hobby know about the correlation? I'm sure there are few of such...
show me at least 1 feature suggesting close association with James Bond, apart from the name...
watches like watches, reliable, durable, promising. Like all Omega watches

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 10.52.44-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 10.52.44-min.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 10.52.50-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 10.52.50-min.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 10.53.00-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 10.53.00-min.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 0

UltrARiott

😂😂😂😂😂😂 never heard a similarly hilarious question😂😂 so sorry for my reaction, but why would you give a sh*t on what others think? even if you were associated with the little boy fan of Spider man, so what? 😂😂😂
what about celebrities wearing these watches? `do you think people believe that they are fans of 007 character?!

please, grow up and wear what u want to wear🤌

KaraTisH

????👀👀👀👀 r u serious?
I think you have an issue with others' opinion of you. if you like it take it. especially if it is a rep. how much time r you planning to wear it? in the best scenario, you will wear it for no more than a couple of years and then you'll switch to other models. you shouldn't you satisfy your desires?

pretty good watch, if my opinion really matters to you. 007 gen line has been spotted on many celebrities, I bet they didn't take the watch to pay homage to the big actor. they just like the model

###IcySpicY###

I was passioned about this line bout a year ago. and not because it was somehow related with the movie, 007 character and stuff like that. I haven't even watched the series, tbh. I simply loved the design and the technical profile, and because it's omega. I love this brand, not all watches obviously, but the brand is powerful in the watch world

so, if I took one of those, I wouldn't even know that it's somehow related to the movie and character. the point is that many people have no idea about the story behind the watch. it's you who knows it because you're in the hobby. the others dont give a shit. wear what you want to wear. Amin 🤌

Suchispost

I just think that you OVERTHINK everything. :D this is totally a thing that i didn't expect to hear here, but you know.. you never know :D
It doesn't matter if this watch is a tribute to someone even if for Trump or Bush...:ROFLMAO: if you like the model just buy it and that's all. You are not going to go around with the watch and tell everybody that it is a tribute to someone or something. I can assure you that the biggest part of people are not even going to know about this. They are going to look at the watch and appreciate it.

People are to lazy to read or to be informed, besides this a tribute to a 007 agent is not the worst thing that can be trust me..