Genuine Seiko SRPD79 or SSH123 Astron?

Hich40

Hello dear people. First of all I would like to thank you for the forum. It seems to be a really good one and I totally enjoy it.

When I found the forum, I think that i continued to read the posts and comments that you post for about 2 day in a row. i have found a lot of information, a lot of the info that i have found here is really interesting and created new ideas in my head for future watches.

im a little bit skeptical about what people can offer as advice. This is why it took me some time to analyze if i want to post it here or not. Now that I know that you are really found in watches and really helpful, I decided to ask you about Seiko.
I was always in love with Seiko watches. I love the fact that they actually create different kinds of watches suitable for different styles. Besides this, all their models are different and this is why sometimes I can't even believe that one model or another model is made by Seiko.

2 day ago happened a beautiful and amazing thing for me. Finally, I finished saving money for a genuine Seiko watch. The question is that I don't know which one to choose. I have some amazing replica watches from Seiko, but there are two models that I love the most and I think that I would like to have one of them as an original.
The Seiko SRPD79 model is really amazing. I was always in love with dark-styled watches that can offer a really masculine sensation and this one is the best one. It is good that the reserve power of the watch is about 41 hours with i think that i am really good and of course, there are enough functions for me like date and day display. I think that this watch is going to be as good as a dress watch. A particularity about me is that when I go out I love to dress in black tuxedos. BLACK IS MY FRIEND.

i love watches that have a bigger diameter this one is 42.5 mm which is good. Not like the biggest one among all the watches that i have but good enough.
The strap is made of nylon so I think is going to last for a little longer. I don't like to change the strap very often. Even if the strap is made of leather ... for me it doesn't last for a long time... Don't ask me I don't know why this happens.

SSH123 Astron this one is amazing too. as you may see black is important to me. :p The black case and the black bracelet are truly beautiful. I'm not going to lie, the dial is what attracted my attention. This purple cosmic color is something out of this planet. I don't know how Seiko do it but I think that they know how to work and create masterpieces. The functions that this watch offers... i don't know if there is someone not liking it. the GPS soal function is the first thing to pay attention to. Not so easy to find such a watch with so many functions that look really minimalistic ( if you take into consideration that it has a lot of functions). the day display is similar to the Seiko SRPD79 model but there is another function that I really love about SSH123 Astron, the time transfer function. I travel a lot and a watch like this is going to be a good acquisition. Daylight saving time is another function that may be a good idea for those that travel a lot.

The case of the watch seems to be made of really amazing materials, the titanium in the coating makes me believe that it is going to last longer.
Almost forgot to mention that the case is 43.1 mm a little bit bigger than Seiko SRPD79. I don't think that it is going to be that visible. Of course, if you have both watches and you can compare them, then for sure it is going to look a little bit bigger but I don't think is that critical.

Well, this is the thing... this is what takes all the free time that i have.. i really hope that you can help me decide.
P.S: I think that SSH123 Astron is not a model that i can use as a dress watch, is more for daily use. SRPD79 is more for dress-up days.
Hope that you can help me. Greetings😌

Thereld

Hello dear people. First of all I would like to thank you for the forum. It seems to be a really good one and I totally enjoy it.

When I found the forum, I think that i continued to read the posts and comments that you post for about 2 day in a row. i have found a lot of information, a lot of the info that i have found here is really interesting and created new ideas in my head for future watches.

im a little bit skeptical about what people can offer as advice. This is why it took me some time to analyze if i want to post it here or not. Now that I know that you are really found in watches and really helpful, I decided to ask you about Seiko.
I was always in love with Seiko watches. I love the fact that they actually create different kinds of watches suitable for different styles. Besides this, all their models are different and this is why sometimes I can't even believe that one model or another model is made by Seiko.

2 day ago happened a beautiful and amazing thing for me. Finally, I finished saving money for a genuine Seiko watch. The question is that I don't know which one to choose. I have some amazing replica watches from Seiko, but there are two models that I love the most and I think that I would like to have one of them as an original.
The Seiko SRPD79 model is really amazing. I was always in love with dark-styled watches that can offer a really masculine sensation and this one is the best one. It is good that the reserve power of the watch is about 41 hours with i think that i am really good and of course, there are enough functions for me like date and day display. I think that this watch is going to be as good as a dress watch. A particularity about me is that when I go out I love to dress in black tuxedos. BLACK IS MY FRIEND.

i love watches that have a bigger diameter this one is 42.5 mm which is good. Not like the biggest one among all the watches that i have but good enough.
The strap is made of nylon so I think is going to last for a little longer. I don't like to change the strap very often. Even if the strap is made of leather ... for me it doesn't last for a long time... Don't ask me I don't know why this happens.

SSH123 Astron this one is amazing too. as you may see black is important to me. :p The black case and the black bracelet are truly beautiful. I'm not going to lie, the dial is what attracted my attention. This purple cosmic color is something out of this planet. I don't know how Seiko do it but I think that they know how to work and create masterpieces. The functions that this watch offers... i don't know if there is someone not liking it. the GPS soal function is the first thing to pay attention to. Not so easy to find such a watch with so many functions that look really minimalistic ( if you take into consideration that it has a lot of functions). the day display is similar to the Seiko SRPD79 model but there is another function that I really love about SSH123 Astron, the time transfer function. I travel a lot and a watch like this is going to be a good acquisition. Daylight saving time is another function that may be a good idea for those that travel a lot.

The case of the watch seems to be made of really amazing materials, the titanium in the coating makes me believe that it is going to last longer.
Almost forgot to mention that the case is 43.1 mm a little bit bigger than Seiko SRPD79. I don't think that it is going to be that visible. Of course, if you have both watches and you can compare them, then for sure it is going to look a little bit bigger but I don't think is that critical.

Well, this is the thing... this is what takes all the free time that i have.. i really hope that you can help me decide.
P.S: I think that SSH123 Astron is not a model that i can use as a dress watch, is more for daily use. SRPD79 is more for dress-up days.
Greeting to you and Welcome. i think that u are going to love this forum. IMO I think that here is the place to find more and more info about everyth that you need. U did the right thing to write here about what u want to purchase. having a gen. watch is not that simple, especially when u saved the money for it. FOA, u need to understand that even if are going to read a lot of advice here, it has to be up to u to decide which one u want. it is going to the hard but be patient.

Let's take a look at what you said here. it seems 2 me that you already answered urself to what u really need. although u sai that Seiko srpd79 is a model that is going to be a good choice as a dress up model i dont really think that u are right ( remember this is my own opinion). even if the Seiko srpd79 has less functions and seems to u to be more minimalistic in comparison with the Astron model... i dont think that this is totally true. the Astron model is good choice as dress up model 2. even if the model has a lot of functions like Astron it can easily be used as dress up model. the Astron model is really amazing, i have heard about this one some time ago and honestly though that seiko did a good thing.

U have a really good taste my friend- be prod of it. if u ask my opinion i think that u need to totally go with Astron. The model looks amazing and has a lot of functions. if u are not that kind of person that gets bored about watches really quickly, this model can become ur best friend in all the cases, u can go traveling with this one and u already know that this model can be a good choice for party nights too.

Hich40

Thank you very much for your answer. This is exactly what I really wanted- interaction. I know that somehow you have a good point about the Astron model. Yep, it looks amazing and at the same time, it seems to have a good impact on my daily life as I usually use the functions that this watch is offering. So, I understand why are you telling me to go with Astron. At the same time.. there is something that makes me gasp all the time I see the Seiko SRPD79. It seems to be so simple but the attraction between this model and me is pretty real if you know what i mean :LOL: Talking about the "boring problem". I can't say that I get easily bored. The thing is that I have a lot of watches, the biggest part of them are replicas but good replicas and I have always time to change them. So answering to your question.. no.. i don't think that there is a possibility for me to get bored... maybe I can get bored if I'm going to use just one model for a really really long time, but i know that this isn't going to happen.

Maybe this was my fault that I was not that explicit about the Seiko model. I'm not going to use is every single day for like a long time. I'm just going to use it the same as my replicas. These two models are amazing to me and I just wanted to add them to my collection as genuine. For now, I don't have the possibility to add them both. Maybe after some time, I will. This is why it is so hard for me to choose.

Racrought

Hey there, interesting position you have here.

Congrats on the forum. This is a good one. I love this place, you don't have to wait too much for answers- this is quite amazing. I'm totally sure that you are going to find a lot of interesting information here and the answers that you need.

About your situation with Seiko watches that you have. First of all, I have to agree with @Thereld about the Astron model. There are some reasons that I would like to mention.
1. My subjective opinion, in this case, is that Astron is really a better model. There are a lot of functions that apparently you need and you use. You can always go with another option for a dress watch if you need one. The functions from Astron are going to help you.
2. I thought about the thing that you like both. Of course, this is up to you but if you like them so much, you can always buy one genuine and one replica version.
( from my experience- as I have seen both of them as genuine and replica versions, the Astron genuine is going to look more luxurious). The replica version of Seiko SRPD79 is not as WOW as the Astron version, you can go with the replica version of SRPD70 and have the Astron genuine.
If you really would like to have the genuine version of SRPD79 after your experience with the replica version, after some time you can add it too into your collection.

To sum up, you can take both of them, one replica and one genuine and see if would like to have them both as genuine or maybe you would like another version from another brand.

Hich40

Hey there, interesting position you have here.

Congrats on the forum. This is a good one. I love this place, you don't have to wait too much for answers- this is quite amazing. I'm totally sure that you are going to find a lot of interesting information here and the answers that you need.

About your situation with Seiko watches that you have. First of all, I have to agree with @Thereld about the Astron model. There are some reasons that I would like to mention.
1. My subjective opinion, in this case, is that Astron is really a better model. There are a lot of functions that apparently you need and you use. You can always go with another option for a dress watch if you need one. The functions from Astron are going to help you.
2. I thought about the thing that you like both. Of course, this is up to you but if you like them so much, you can always buy one genuine and one replica version.
( from my experience- as I have seen both of them as genuine and replica versions, the Astron genuine is going to look more luxurious). The replica version of Seiko SRPD79 is not as WOW as the Astron version, you can go with the replica version of SRPD70 and have the Astron genuine.
If you really would like to have the genuine version of SRPD79 after your experience with the replica version, after some time you can add it too into your collection.

To sum up, you can take both of them, one replica and one genuine and see if would like to have them both as genuine or maybe you would like another version from another brand.
Weird I didn't think about this. Maybe you are right... i still don't know if im going to go with Astron as genuine but for sure im going to purchase them both, one as genuine and one as a replica. After some time, maybe if im going to love the replica version too, im going to add it as genuine.

Thank you this is a great idea.

Racrought

Weird I didn't think about this. Maybe you are right... i still don't know if im going to go with Astron as genuine but for sure im going to purchase them both, one as genuine and one as a replica. After some time, maybe if im going to love the replica version too, im going to add it as genuine.

Thank you this is a great idea.
This is the best choice that you can make.. go with genuine if the model that you want the most and for the other one go with replica if the replica is good, then I may congratulate you on the best decision made. ;)

JL$4k029

The Astron is simply Phe-No-me-nal for me, and it would be my choice. Its dial is fabulous. You’ll always afford to have a Seiko SRPD79 as its price is not as spicy. But, now that you have the money, you have to take advantage of the situation and add an Astron to your collection. I think you’ll never regret it. Idk which version you were been looking at, but consider the one released in 2022. It has all the black you need. The other version is ”too black”, the `Astronomical is well-balanced in its look. GPS solar-great; precision- about 15 sec more or less PER MONTH, while other watches register such deviation PER DAY. For the rest half a year you forget about battery, the calendar up to 2100 (hope we all live till those times), and the millions of functions that I hardly think you will ever use

The more I talk about it, the more I think im gonna get one…

vAshayaStar

Look at the downsides of both to make your selection easier;

People say about Seiko SRPD79:
  • Bezel shows wear pretty soon after buying it;
  • Finish wear off leaving shiny spots;
  • The band is said to be a crap, compared to the overall case condition;
  • Matte finish becomes shiny within a couple of months;
About the Astron, people say like the following:

-they dont automatically change time according to GPS location change (idk how important is this disadvantage for u)

-don;t automatically change for daylight saving;

-because of their large construction, not all owners find it comfortable;

-overpriced.

Overlap these shortcomings with the benefits that make you happy in these watches and you’ll get the answer 😁😁😉

I don’t quite like talking much about the benefits, because what I consider a benefit can seem irrelevant to u) so I better take into account the downfalls, to know what to expect, when I get the watch. At least, it works well for me🤩

Racrought

Look at the downsides of both to make your selection easier;

People say about Seiko SRPD79:
  • Bezel shows wear pretty soon after buying it;
  • Finish wear off leaving shiny spots;
  • The band is said to be a crap, compared to the overall case condition;
  • Matte finish becomes shiny within a couple of months;
About the Astron, people say like the following:

-they dont automatically change time according to GPS location change (idk how important is this disadvantage for u)

-don;t automatically change for daylight saving;

-because of their large construction, not all owners find it comfortable;

-overpriced.

Overlap these shortcomings with the benefits that make you happy in these watches and you’ll get the answer 😁😁😉

I don’t quite like talking much about the benefits, because what I consider a benefit can seem irrelevant to u) so I better take into account the downfalls, to know what to expect, when I get the watch. At least, it works well for me🤩
Is this regarding the genuine watch or the replica? Sorry I didn't get it actually. I don't think that genuine can have so many troubles especially as you mentioned soon, so I really hope that you talk about replicas.
If this is related to replica then for sure is better to go with genuine for it.

bagaBOO57335

Is this regarding the genuine watch or the replica? Sorry I didn't get it actually. I don't think that genuine can have so many troubles especially as you mentioned soon, so I really hope that you talk about replicas.
If this is related to replica then for sure is better to go with genuine for it.
yeah, it's about the rep actually. I've heard about the same dysfunctions, more or less, from some f my friends. still, would be great for you to take a research about the downsides of the gens. for sure there must be some and u have to consider all f hem before going with a gen. would be more painful to spend the price for the gen and get scrap ultimately, so not wishing that to you. seek uses that have gen models to get feedback

@vAshayaStar sorry for answering for u. it's just I had something to add to the point)

yeah, it's about the rep actually. I've heard about the same dysfunctions, more or less, from some f my friends. still, would be great for you to take a research about the downsides of the gens. for sure there must be some and u have to consider all f hem before going with a gen. would be more painful to spend the price for the gen and get scrap ultimately, so not wishing that to you. seek uses that have gen models to get feedback

@vAshayaStar sorry for answering for u. it's just I had something to add to the point)
nope, not sure that these issues refer to rep models only. I’ve been talking with a Seiko SRPD79 owner some months ago. Not a bad watch he says, but it’s strange that it has no luminescent dial, considering that it’s a diver. You have to bring some additional light to it to read time in dark conditions. Also, doesn’t keep time occasionally. My friend couldn’t figure it out the reason for that but only solved the issue by periodic restarting of the watch, which is not ok. Readability sucks, too dark and not only during the night, but during the day as well, there’s too much black on the dial and the hands are hardly spottable

Karim

Seiko SRPD79: badass look. like it... 🙃🙃🤩🤩🤩🤩

still need to be prudent with getting it: a friend of mine took it from Amazon and still wonders if it is gen. at least, the box seemed to have been opened when he received it and it lacked the sticker seals. 🤨🤨
All over the glass of the watch was full covered by fingerprints and the watch didn't even have a plastic protector like those that keep the dial away from damage🧐🧐🧐🧐🤨🤨🤨🤨 ...in short, the package didn't look like a Seiko original package, so you be watchful from where u buy, if you plan to buy the gen version 🤌

Racrought

i dont actually think that you can spend money on a gen and get scrap. the gens are the gens and there is always going to be the best option. cant even go comparing them with reps. Ultimately, with reps you never know which kind of problems you can get, this is true and it is a normal thing. You can totally get scraped with reps but not with gens. The money is the issue here.
At the same time, nothing is impossible, reps can be found in amazing quality too, just takes more time and more information.

Thereld

as long as you are not totally sure about the rep and can go with the gens of course, totally do it. if the budget is available only for reps the search point should be longer that's for sure. the problems with reps are something that is always going to be available. just take your time to go with your search. it is not excluded that sometimes you are going to purchase bad reps. Generally, it is a process that quite everyone is going through. I always remember one important thing: even gens can have some defects from the manufacturers, which happens ... because is human nature. From reps you have to expect it x2. This is not related to a specific brand, just, -period.