Genuine Versace and Louis Vuitton watches. Are they worth the price?

Hich40

Hi y'all!
I have a question about Versace and Louis Vuitton watches.
My sister is obsessed with their watches. Recently she was talking to me about purchasing one of their watches. She didn't have the chance to do this, but I thought to make her a present for her birthday. i have time to buy one but i am not sure about the quality and even if they are worth the money. it is not that the watch is super expensive in comparison with other international brands that we have but still wanted to do something special for her.

i don't want to go with reps because in this case, i think that it is not worth it. Personally, I think that Versace or Louis Vuitton watches can't be compared with brands like Rolex or Omega ( if you know what i mean). i think that Versace, Louis Vuitton, and other similar brands... are creating watches just as accessories. They are not intending to go with hard ideas and functions, for the watches are like having a necklace. People that go with such brands are going because they just want a watch where it is written Versace, just for the name. Something that you can combine with your Versace bag.
This doesn't matter to me, as long as my sister wants it. I tried to talk with her about other brands but she just wants these two models.
1674127120297.png1674127161720.png
Wanted your opinion. she told me that she wants both or at least one of them. What do you think? Which one is better>?

Suchispost

I don't want to offend anyone but for me, these are not watches...
you are right this is kind of accessory crap...
i don't even understand why they decided to make watches... although... i know why.. is this kind of bullshit that quotes like " u know we need to have all kinds of crap", this why people that love Versace can totally go full Versace. so when you have a bag from Versace, a cute dress and you just decided, oh ok.. i want a watch but Versace doesn't have one.. so I'm going to search for other brands.
biggest marketing bullshit ever... seriously i don't want to offend your sister... don't get me wrong. I still think that Versace has some good things, bags, and clothes, but honestly, i think that there are some things that Versace can't touch. Like watches...
For people that are obsessed with watches, like I am.. and i think here are many others.. this is an offensive thing.

Acien191

I though that this topic is going to be a controversial one. I thought to ask about Versace watches some weeks ago, but I thought that everybody is going to kill me for this question. :D and I was right.
Personally, i love Versace watches. I love some models, they look pretty! I understand that they can't be compared with other watches like Rolex of course but still looks good. Maybe Versace should write like " Watch like accessories" to make it right. :D

if your sister wants one of these models just get it and that's all.
You ask if they are worth it... maybe not.. but this is not the deal.. you tried to talk to your sister and tried to explain to her, but if she wants it and you want to make a good present just buy one. This is her birthday and her wish.

Preal8

I love the Louis Vuitton model that you presented here. Of course, i would never buy one of these, i prefer other brands but between these two seems like Louis Vuitton is better.
Generally, these two models are totally different. The green one is more specific. The Louis Vuitton model is like a general one. Due to the colors used, you can wear it every day if you want. Personally, for me, it is better to have a model that can be combined with different other colors and is often used. But ok, this is just my opinion.

Racrought

a complicated situation actually. i understand why people tell that these can't be considered watches at all, but at the same time, i understand others that go with Versace watches. of course, it is not the same but ok, they are still watches you know?

If you go with the idea that they can't be as precise as Omega, yes that's right... that's for sure.. but in case you noticed, this is why Omega has been an official timekeeper at the Foruma 1 and Olympics for so long.
We are taking it wrong actually. You don't have to compare it.
I can assure you that if Rolex is going to create its own class of clothes, there are going to be people that would like to have Rolex clothes because they love Rolex!
The best option for Versace of Vuitton is to go with cooperation.
Imagine how cool it would look something like Versace per Rolex. A watch that is technically created by Rolex but designed with Versace. Honestly, i would like one!

|This is not the thing here, because we started to talk about the issues with the brand Versace and watches.
This is not the question asked here.

Answering your question @Hich40 , yep the money that you are going to pay for these watches is for the brand mostly. The watches are not bad of course, for a person that is not interested in details regarding watches, having a watch from Versace is a good thing. It is up to you to choose which one of these two. the same thing is applied to Louis Vuitton models.

Watermint

if we talk about how people look at Louis Vuitton and Versace, the is little difference.
Louis Vuitton created a specific reputation around their goods. if you analyze their market and the market of other similar brands you can see that it is considered the most expensive brand.

i have heard from other friends, that it is enough to observe the person and see. if he/she is full of clothes and accessories from Louis Vuitton, it means that he is extremely rich.

It is true that there is a big difference in how people look at those that are fully dressed in high-fashion brands and those dressed in couture high-fashion brands.

Long story short, i would choose the Louis Vuitton model. I'm quite sure that the Louis Vuitton model is way more expensive than the one from Versace.

bombonio

I know it is weird, but I love models from LV.
I have some models, all genuine. Of course, i don't want you to get me wrong, i cant compare them to PF, Rolex or brands like this, but i cant say that LV is bad. It is a normal usual watch. the styles that they create are pretty beautiful and look good. It is not something WOW, but in case you love the brand and the style that they create you can have one or 2.

i don't think that if i have LV models it makes me a person that doesnt deserves to have Rolex watches..

Goofew

I know it is weird, but I love models from LV.
I have some models, all genuine. Of course, i don't want you to get me wrong, i cant compare them to PF, Rolex or brands like this, but i cant say that LV is bad. It is a normal usual watch. the styles that they create are pretty beautiful and look good. It is not something WOW, but in case you love the brand and the style that they create you can have one or 2.

i don't think that if i have LV models it makes me a person that doesnt deserves to have Rolex watches..
is there even a reason to go for reps from Lv.
I think that watches from LV, Dolce, Versace and other similar brands are not created for watches. I see here that there are a lot of people that think the same way.
I can't imagine going for a gen LV. Despite the fact that the features and details created for the functionality of the watch cant be compared with brands like Rolex or Patek, the biggest part of the money that you spend on such watches is more for the design and the thig that there is the same of LV, or Dolce, Chanel and so on. If you go for reps means that the name and brand is rep and even the technicality of the watch too.
Such watches are better to go gens... in case you love such "watches".

Hich40

a complicated situation actually. i understand why people tell that these can't be considered watches at all, but at the same time, i understand others that go with Versace watches. of course, it is not the same but ok, they are still watches you know?

If you go with the idea that they can't be as precise as Omega, yes that's right... that's for sure.. but in case you noticed, this is why Omega has been an official timekeeper at the Foruma 1 and Olympics for so long.
We are taking it wrong actually. You don't have to compare it.
I can assure you that if Rolex is going to create its own class of clothes, there are going to be people that would like to have Rolex clothes because they love Rolex!
The best option for Versace of Vuitton is to go with cooperation.
Imagine how cool it would look something like Versace per Rolex. A watch that is technically created by Rolex but designed with Versace. Honestly, i would like one!

|This is not the thing here, because we started to talk about the issues with the brand Versace and watches.
This is not the question asked here.

Answering your question @Hich40 , yep the money that you are going to pay for these watches is for the brand mostly. The watches are not bad of course, for a person that is not interested in details regarding watches, having a watch from Versace is a good thing. It is up to you to choose which one of these two. the same thing is applied to Louis Vuitton models.
I'm positive about it. I know that the money that im going to spend are actually for the brand and that's all. You know that sometimes you just can't change this idea in someone's head even if you really really try it. This is what happens with her.
I tried and I tried and I tried... but this is impossible.
The thing is that she doesn't love watches the way I love them, the way all people here love them.
For her, this is an accessory. She has a lot of jewelry and stuff from this brand but not a watch and she decided that it would be cool to have a watch too. I can't change her thoughts. At least I thought that I can go with the best one... if you choose between two craps... at least go with the best one :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hich40

I think that watches from LV, Dolce, Versace and other similar brands are not created for watches. I see here that there are a lot of people that think the same way.
I can't imagine going for a gen LV. Despite the fact that the features and details created for the functionality of the watch cant be compared with brands like Rolex or Patek, the biggest part of the money that you spend on such watches is more for the design and the thig that there is the same of LV, or Dolce, Chanel and so on. If you go for reps means that the name and brand is rep and even the technicality of the watch too.
yep, going with reps is not the option, i feel like it is going with the worst of the worst. i agree

Hich40

I don't want to offend anyone but for me, these are not watches...
you are right this is kind of accessory crap...
i don't even understand why they decided to make watches... although... i know why.. is this kind of bullshit that quotes like " u know we need to have all kinds of crap", this why people that love Versace can totally go full Versace. so when you have a bag from Versace, a cute dress and you just decided, oh ok.. i want a watch but Versace doesn't have one.. so I'm going to search for other brands.
biggest marketing bullshit ever... seriously i don't want to offend your sister... don't get me wrong. I still think that Versace has some good things, bags, and clothes, but honestly, i think that there are some things that Versace can't touch. Like watches...
For people that are obsessed with watches, like I am.. and i think here are many others.. this is an offensive thing.
well man... sometimes you can talk and talk and explain to a person these things but you can't change their thoughts and tastes. Thank God this is not for me and I'm reasonable about it.
If she wants it there is nothing you can do about it...

Preal8

maybe for some people, this is weird to buy such watches. I understand and I can't deny that you actually pay for the brand name. In the end, you have to admit that it is still a watch... when yeah, it doesn't have so many features and functions for sure, but it offers you some time information. Maybe it is not as precise as other watches from omega... and so on... but it offers you info about time.

i understand that there are people that are against such brands and watches... people that cant call them watches, but let's be cool and correct about it.. they are still watches as some people can really love them.

another thing that i would really appreciate you doing, is to be a little bit more comprehensive and positive. when a person here asks which one is better or which one to choose, is better to respond with some info if you know the answer at that specific question. What is the deal with going with things like : this is not a watch, this is crap, why do you buy this, this brand is not good, this is not considered to be a watch. This is WRONG!! This is AWFUL and DISRESPECTFUL. If you don't like this, there is not need to just discriminate against someone or make them feel bad. If you don't like it just go with other posts and don't write here.

For a person like me, and Im pretty sure there are other people like me too, this is truly hard to read... it makes people like me stop interacting because they are afraid not to feel criticized here. :cry:
:cry::cry::cry:

Racrought

I'm positive about it. I know that the money that im going to spend are actually for the brand and that's all. You know that sometimes you just can't change this idea in someone's head even if you really really try it. This is what happens with her.
I tried and I tried and I tried... but this is impossible.
The thing is that she doesn't love watches the way I love them, the way all people here love them.
For her, this is an accessory. She has a lot of jewelry and stuff from this brand but not a watch and she decided that it would be cool to have a watch too. I can't change her thoughts. At least I thought that I can go with the best one... if you choose between two craps... at least go with the best one :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
nothing so bad about this. this is her choice and in the end, you are going a good thing to get her what she really wants.(y)
(y)

Racrought

maybe for some people, this is weird to buy such watches. I understand and I can't deny that you actually pay for the brand name. In the end, you have to admit that it is still a watch... when yeah, it doesn't have so many features and functions for sure, but it offers you some time information. Maybe it is not as precise as other watches from omega... and so on... but it offers you info about time.

i understand that there are people that are against such brands and watches... people that cant call them watches, but let's be cool and correct about it.. they are still watches as some people can really love them.

another thing that i would really appreciate you doing, is to be a little bit more comprehensive and positive. when a person here asks which one is better or which one to choose, is better to respond with some info if you know the answer at that specific question. What is the deal with going with things like : this is not a watch, this is crap, why do you buy this, this brand is not good, this is not considered to be a watch. This is WRONG!! This is AWFUL and DISRESPECTFUL. If you don't like this, there is not need to just discriminate against someone or make them feel bad. If you don't like it just go with other posts and don't write here.

For a person like me, and Im pretty sure there are other people like me too, this is truly hard to read... it makes people like me stop interacting because they are afraid not to feel criticized here. :cry:
im really sorry if you feel this way. Im pretty sure that all the people here want to have a positive experience. I just think that you got it wrong in many messages here. Maybe you just feel like critics. Well, i can't speak for all the people here, but i can promise to be more careful. I beg your pardon if i said something wrong or if you got me wrong somehow. Of course, all people here should interact and for sure nobody here should feel bad. This is a place of interaction and talking. A place where everyone is accepted.

Just one thing, try to take it a little bit different. There is another part... the part where you need to understand that there are going to be people with different opinions and that are expressing themself differently. Just don't take it too seriously. HUgs

Suchispost

well man... sometimes you can talk and talk and explain to a person these things but you can't change their thoughts and tastes. Thank God this is not for me and I'm reasonable about it.
If she wants it there is nothing you can do about it...
there isn't for sure

Suchispost

im sorry if you got the wrong idea... my idea was not to make someone feel bad, you just need to understand that this is my opinion and that's all. when you come here and say that i love this watch and that's all, this is the best watch, im not complaining right? i can say that you discriminate me.. because i consider that your watch is not the best and there are other watches that are better.

this is the same... you just need to take it easier..don't take it personally.. this is the place where you can feel free to say everything that you want. Every single person can take and accept what they want and consider to be ok for themselves. The same thing you should do.. there are going to be many other people here that are going to talk shit and say whatever they want. Just go with the flow.. and don't worry.🤗

Hich40

For sure i didn't expect this post to turn into something sad.
Peace people!
This is smth normal! We are all different and have different tastes. Just accept it and that's all!✌️

bombonio

for sure not a good idea to go with reps. i dont have reps from LV but i don't think it is a good thing to do.
not sure..
this is a situation that actually needs to be answered by someone that have reps from such brands. Although... i think that we all know the answer...

CosmoS

don't know much about the technical aspects of those, should make a deeper research on that. but, aesthetically, the Louis Vuitton is more to my liking. the chromatics is basic black and white, and that's always the right way to go. also the dial is very interesting to me. those smooth lines and contours are really gorgeous. though, I think Vuitton should have worked a bit harder on readability. I can't really spot the hour markers from the bright dial, as the hour markers are also bright. so probably I would have to look twice at the dial to read time.

the Versace option has no issues with readability, it's expressive and looks really expensive and luxurious. but, there's too much of the "Versace" flamboyance in it..... to my modest liking, the Vuitton is closer to me. how much are they? don't know the price, but guessing that it's a fortune, cause it's clean luxury and fashion here!!!

if you don't have any other watches, don't think these are good to start the watch journey. these would be an option when you already have a couple of watches AS WATCHES (Rolex, mega, patek) and not as jewelry-like accessories. otherwise, if you already have some good pieces from watch-making brands focused on watches, and not on fashion and jewelry, these might be reasonable to get...