Got stuck in watches models

Hi there. I have recently returned from Turkey, Alanya. I remained shocked about the number of boutiques selling replica watches. We have been walking around them until we decided to get in. I remained truly enthusiastic about the salesman who assisted us. He explained all the specs about movements, calibers, bracelets, and dial patterns. Thanks to him, I found out plenty of new information that I didn't know before, even though I know a thing or two about watches, in general. My friends had previously informed me about the bid replica industry in Turkey, but I never could have even thought that it was so big.
Long story short. I found some timepieces that attracted me. I forgot to ask the dealer about the country of origin of those replica watches. But, it doesn't really matter after all.
What I want to say is that all the watches that attracted me had a pretty accurate design. They looked perfectly manufactured. `I inspected them under different light and didn't find any shortcomings. At least, from the aesthetic point of view. It is about a Rolex Oyster Perpetual replica, a Patek Philippe AAA Replica Grand Complications Perpetual Calendar Watch, and a Rolex Submariner. All of them had a good-looking finish. Moreover, I took a coffee break in the boutique, and meanwhile, I quickly inspected their original models on official websites. I discovered that the replica watches I found looked pretty close to their authentic versions.
Finally, I didn't buy any of them. Simply because I couldn't decide which one was better. From the aesthetic point of view, they all looked attractive and pretty reliable from a functional standpoint. Unfortunately, I didn't have the financial possibility to buy 2 or all 3 of them. Because of my confusion, I decided to quit the idea in order to not feel sorry later for the compulsive purchase. Now I feel sorry that I didn't buy one.
So, my question is, which one do you think would be more appropriate? And why?
Stylistically, they all have the same strong vibe. Also, they all are related to iconic watch brands. In my opinion, both Rolex and Patek Philippe are majestic brands, only that they have different concepts of watchmaking. We plan to visit Aanya once again within a couple of months and I would really want to go there prepared next time. Honestly, I keep on swinging between these models every other day.
Would you opt for the Submariner, Oyster Perpetual, or Patek Philippe? Would be thankful for any response. Thanks in advance.

Almagest

Hi there. I have recently returned from Turkey, Alanya. I remained shocked about the number of boutiques selling replica watches. We have been walking around them until we decided to get in. I remained truly enthusiastic about the salesman who assisted us. He explained all the specs about movements, calibers, bracelets, and dial patterns. Thanks to him, I found out plenty of new information that I didn't know before, even though I know a thing or two about watches, in general. My friends had previously informed me about the bid replica industry in Turkey, but I never could have even thought that it was so big.
Long story short. I found some timepieces that attracted me. I forgot to ask the dealer about the country of origin of those replica watches. But, it doesn't really matter after all.
What I want to say is that all the watches that attracted me had a pretty accurate design. They looked perfectly manufactured. `I inspected them under different light and didn't find any shortcomings. At least, from the aesthetic point of view. It is about a Rolex Oyster Perpetual replica, a Patek Philippe AAA Replica Grand Complications Perpetual Calendar Watch, and a Rolex Submariner. All of them had a good-looking finish. Moreover, I took a coffee break in the boutique, and meanwhile, I quickly inspected their original models on official websites. I discovered that the replica watches I found looked pretty close to their authentic versions.
Finally, I didn't buy any of them. Simply because I couldn't decide which one was better. From the aesthetic point of view, they all looked attractive and pretty reliable from a functional standpoint. Unfortunately, I didn't have the financial possibility to buy 2 or all 3 of them. Because of my confusion, I decided to quit the idea in order to not feel sorry later for the compulsive purchase. Now I feel sorry that I didn't buy one.
So, my question is, which one do you think would be more appropriate? And why?
Stylistically, they all have the same strong vibe. Also, they all are related to iconic watch brands. In my opinion, both Rolex and Patek Philippe are majestic brands, only that they have different concepts of watchmaking. We plan to visit Aanya once again within a couple of months and I would really want to go there prepared next time. Honestly, I keep on swinging between these models every other day.
Would you opt for the Submariner, Oyster Perpetual, or Patek Philippe? Would be thankful for any response. Thanks in advance.
I'm not quite familiar with these brands, actually. But, my former CEO was a seasoned Patek Philippe lover. As far as I remember he always opted for this brand. I don't recall him wearing another watch than Patek Philippe. I believe it all depends on what style of watch you resonate mostly with. The Submariner is a dive watch. The other 2 have a bit more formal style. So, you could begin by picturing in what conditions you are going to wear your watch. For example, if you are predominantly an adventurous person, don't really see why you shouldn't opt for the Submariner. If you are more like the office man, then opt for Oyster or Patek. To me, they both look pretty nice. So, you could rely not on their aesthetic look, but on their technical features. Which one is more resistant to water? What are the materials they are made of? I would pick the one which is more powerful from the technical point of view. Especially if they are replicas. You never know what to expect from replicas so you better make sure that you have the most optimal quality watch available. The design is in second place here. Cheers!

ObeisDexter

I'm not quite familiar with these brands, actually. But, my former CEO was a seasoned Patek Philippe lover. As far as I remember he always opted for this brand. I don't recall him wearing another watch than Patek Philippe. I believe it all depends on what style of watch you resonate mostly with. The Submariner is a dive watch. The other 2 have a bit more formal style. So, you could begin by picturing in what conditions you are going to wear your watch. For example, if you are predominantly an adventurous person, don't really see why you shouldn't opt for the Submariner. If you are more like the office man, then opt for Oyster or Patek. To me, they both look pretty nice. So, you could rely not on their aesthetic look, but on their technical features. Which one is more resistant to water? What are the materials they are made of? I would pick the one which is more powerful from the technical point of view. Especially if they are replicas. You never know what to expect from replicas so you better make sure that you have the most optimal quality watch available. The design is in second place here. Cheers!
I do agree with your perspective on considering the wearer's style when choosing a watch. But I don't quite agree about your replica watches remark by saying "you never know what to expect from replicas". When you buy a replica watch it's Your responsibility to do your research about the source you are buying from. If the consumer got a bad replica watch, that would rather mean that the consumer didn't inspect the site carefully. One should always pay attention to the history of the online store (if buying online), the warranty policy and the quality aspects. The consumer can even search additional info on forums to make sure that one or another store is indeed reliable (or not). So, it always depends on us as customers, and on our serious attitude while making online purchases. It is always better to visit a boutique. There, you can carefully inspect the replica watch from all perspectives. But with online order, it only requires a lot of prudence and chances are to get a pretty fine replica watch.

BrIerNAN

Rolex Submariner would be my choice. I don't really know what model exactly you have spotted, but from all three versions, the submariner would be the best option. Its design looks spectacular, and a dive watch is always a good idea. You can take it anywhere. It looks stylish, it is versatile and sports watches are pretty trendy now.

Twirejj4279

Patek Philippe would be my choice. Rolex replicas are already everywhere. Half of my office mates have explorers, submariners, and whatever u want. The market is oversaturated with Rolex watches (imitations, more specifically). So, they kinda have lost the exclusivity status. Patek, instead, is a rare choice currently and u rarely see people wearing them. So, most probably, you will be able to grab some attention, in case you go with this selection.

Whenever its’ a swiss or aaa-grade fake, there isn’t much to worry about. These come with a warranty usually just talk to the dealer about how you’re gonna benefit from the service, given that u don’t live in Alanya. Do they have headquarters in the US? And how long is the warranty available? Also, suggesting u to talk about the refund policy (just in case). These 3 aspects should concern u the most. If all of them comfort u, go ahead

diaboliquerye

Don’t look at the outside aspect only. Some replica manufacturers are pretty “talented” in selling mineral glass as if it was sapphire glass. if I were u, I would predominantly look for some “paper” proving the warranty, the after sales service, the WR confirmation, and the return and refund policy. Ooh, and the movement as well. Reliable replicas come with a 2 year warranty or smth like that and accept refunds and returns…
I guess you wouldn’t want to deal with such a company offering u this…Screenshot 2022-10-11 at 14.43.23.png

LIgHtere

One of my watches is a Japanese Submariner replica running on Japanese 21J Automatic Movement at 28800vph. It all was good until I discovered that many of the people I know and don’t know (just meeting them occasionally) have the same watch, I mean not the same but the same line-up. I quickly stopped feeling somehow special in the crowd :D the point is that more and more people choose Rolex fakes. So, if your purpose is to somehow stand out from the crowd, go for P Philippe. And a totally agree with @diaboliquerye regarding the “paper” issues

EmPoWeReD

Here are some basic things to consider about your replica watch:
  1. Don’t focus on the model. Focus on the technical aspect predominantly. The design can be phenomenal. But if the inner quality is awful, there will be no sense in your great-looking watch
  2. If you “inspected them under different light and didn’t find any shortcomings” it doesn’t mean that there are any shortcomings. Ask about the movement, and ask the dealer to prove the sapphire Cristal and not the mineral (if it’s a professional one, he’ll find different techniques in proving that to u)
  3. put in on the wrist, and see how u feel with them on. You can think over and over about which is the most attractive. But, once u put it on, it either resonates with you or not.
  4. Think about the outfits u are gonna wear your watch with. Sometimes, picturing the image helps u determine the watch u need. If your wardrobe is full of formal outfits, the answer is clear: P Philippe

hATeAndLovewaTCheS

what's the warranty for these reps? what's the price? are they mineral or saphyre crystal? 904 or 316 stainless steel? as I understood from your description, they only look good on the surface, but see no technical specifications...
also, be prudent with the watch price... Turkish people are very talented in "inflating prices" :D they can also for $600, but if u drive a hard bargain, they might offer it for $200 :DDD
in such a case, the quality is questionable, since a dealer can't drop the price down for as much

vingNEgy

imho, it's never enough to inspect the visual look of the rep. dig deeper about the movement and the materials used. I suppose that the physical store you came across might have its own website since it is probably an international seller. try to find more info about the site, reviews and stuff like than on the internet. and I totally agree with @hATeAndLovewaTCheS about the price negotiation :D Turkish people love to debate prices)) also, they offer prices according to nationalities.. for example, the same watch can be sold for $1000 to a Russian, while for a citizen from poorer country, the same watch can be offered at $450 for instance

AdESTORn

aligning to the Patek Philippe choice. second choice would go for the Oyster perpetual, and the third for the Submariner. But, I think u should consider the purpose for your purchase. The Patek Philippe is more for the formal environment. the others are pretty ok for casual occasions. if u have other watches for daily use, complete your collection with a PP. if u don't, than begin with a casual. There is no point having a formal watch and keeping it in the wardrobe for special occasions without having others for the daily use.

Ghosterry

investigate their online profile. being in the physical store, it is obvious they will make u believe that they're the best. it's not the model u should be reticent of, it's their background profile). ask info about their site and find reviews about it. if u are sure that they are as good as they say, the Patek will be a good selection I think

CasPer$$hunteR

r u talking about this PP model?
than totally, yes!!! the truth is that PP watches are not for everyone. They fit well with intelligent people with a formal look. if u are one of them than it's definitely the watch u have to get

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 13.54.36-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-17 at 13.54.36-min.png
    321.1 KB · Views: 0

sEVENDEM

1. make sure the dealer is a professional and can provide a warranty

2. make sure the materials are premium quality, i.e, sapphire glass, 904l stainless steel, good finishing, water resistance, identical engravings, etc...

3. make sure u can return the item if you're not satisfied within about 30 days. Some rep dealers offer no return possibility, others offer 7 days to initiate the return procedure. But, just me, you will understand nothing within 7 days. You need at least 2 weeks to get used to the watch and understand its pros and cons. If the dealer doesn't offer u such a possibility, go away

4. if the 1,2,3 points are positive: take the PP :D

VioletteLonGoRIA

r u talking about this PP model?
than totally, yes!!! the truth is that PP watches are not for everyone. They fit well with intelligent people with a formal look. if u are one of them than it's definitely the watch u have to get
honestly, I find the PP too complex to my taste. Dont really know why so many people here are talking about it. Too heavy dial and too many indices.the Moonphase is ike out of context in the watch phase. I'd like something cleaner for a watch dial.... I can admit it if it was a gen watch, I get the brand value, craftsmanship etc... but for a rep, why not to have something more versatile?! the submariner would be a good choice. wouldn't buy this PP for my husband for example

hey guys,, thanks a lot for the opinions and insights... our plans to go Analya have ruined 😭😭 so no rep anymore...
but, the great news is that ive found the model I wanted on a rep store, pretty good quality and price, already ordered it 😁

btw, my vote went for the PP so thanks to all who suggested it to me :D