Grip watch, 27 mm, really?

MinervuS

Hey, there!
I address all, ladies and men that know a thing or two about watches and their aesthetics:
my GF suggested to me that she would like a GUCCI Grip watch, 27 mm for the upcoming Valentine's Day! We both love watches, have a lot to them, and frequently interchange them. our tastes, SO FAR, were more or less similar in terms of watches. We both love brushed surfaces, unbusy dials, and diverse fine patterns. Cartier and Hublot are among our favorites; though also have a passion for Some Omegas and Rolexes.

Now, with this GUCCI, I'm really concerned. We have absolutely different views on it.
She sees it as a truly phenomenal, different, and very attractive watch. I see it as "What the hell is this"? Is this a watch, generally? I mean, I understand perfectly that coming from GUCCI, I suppose I should also appreciate it because the brand is supposed to have a very good taste for the designs of accessories and watches. But look at it!!!
How is it even possible to read the time in it??? I, who consider myself a good connoisseur of watches, find it difficult to understand its concept and design. I don't even consider it a real watch. It's a watch attempt!!!! it doesn't even read properly!!!! I also understand that it is more of an accessory than a watch. And yet, I don't resonate with it even as an accessory. I'm going crazy because the world has to accept such a shitty design, just because it's a GUCCI.

From another point of view, I understand that I should please my GF and offer her what she likes. And if that's what he likes, so be it. BUT I JUST CAN'T ACCEPT THIS MODEL!

How could I convince her that we can find a better alternative to this shit? And what else could I offer her, so that he doesn't blame me for not buying her this one? Something to like more than this... how in general did gucci create this model? :rolleyes:๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ™‡โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 13.19.34-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 13.19.34-min.png
    524.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 13.02.43-min.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 13.02.43-min.png
    532 KB · Views: 0
hmmmmmm, from what I see in reviews stores, this model scores 8.5 out of 10 points. don't know exactly the criteria, but that's what it's scoring ๐Ÿง๐Ÿง there must be smth attractive in it for this score ๐Ÿง๐Ÿง๐Ÿง๐Ÿง

FleurDeLis

r u kidding me, @MinervuS ?????๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ that's a truly work of art in this piece. how can u to see that? it's not more a watch, it's rather an accessory, you're right) but it's really spledid. and for that price, saw it on their official site, it's totally worth it.... are u one of those with really strict standards, no step right no step left??? and if it's the guilty pleasure of your GF, why in hell you might not want to get it for her? should she wear exclusively what YOU LIKE? sounds a little bit of "machismo" here.... ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ

YuliusMeinl

it can be as luxurious and "brand-related" as you want, but I can't look at this watch without being reminded of scales I once saw in Eastern European countries ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚... sorry if maybe I don't understand something in fashion๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 13.55.38.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 13.55.38.png
    770.5 KB · Views: 0

Sunnybunny

it can be as luxurious and "brand-related" as you want, but I can't look at this watch without being reminded of scales I once saw in Eastern European countries ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚... sorry if maybe I don't understand something in fashion๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
you guys have no idea about fashion indeed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

seems that you have no "out of the box" sense of style at all))) this is more like a bracelet accessory rather than a watch) great piece for a formal night out, especially the silver one๐ŸคŒ
@MinervuS, stop deciding for your GF! there are many alternatives I could propose u, ut I deliberately WILL NOT SHARE THEM WITH U, 'cause I think your GF hats get whatever she loves!

chip&dale

oh, here's another model from the "I'm drawing hell knows what, and I'll sell this as a brand accessory" series. ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

NOT EVERYTHING THAT HAS THE BRAND STAG ON IT IS REALLY A VALUABLE PIECE! stop thinking that everything created by the big brands is truly valuable! this is not a watch! and neither an accessory! it is a piece of metal with the logo printed on it. tasteless, without aesthetic appeal, without anything valuable in it..

it reminds me the BALENCIAGA releases, which also sucks, being sold for millions. Please stop giving value to worthless things! STOP IT!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 14.05.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 14.05.40.png
    178.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 14.05.57.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-26 at 14.05.57.png
    705.2 KB · Views: 0

dailydose

everyone, as I see, is criticizing the design, but the design is a strictly personal aspect. some resonate with it, some don't, just like with regular watches.
this, being first of all a watch, I prefer to evaluate the technical aspect and the price.
* Yellow gold PVD case and bracelet with GG engraved, 2 windows indicating hours and minutes
* Sapphire glass with anti-reflective coating
* 30 meters WR
* Quartz movement
* Wrist size from 4.3" to 6.6"
* Swiss Made
All of those for about $1,700. I don't know about taxes.
Price/quality, a pretty good ratio I would say. And with the bonus that it comes from a famous brand. The rest is purely subjective opinion as far as design is concerned ๐ŸคŒ

petrucho^^

@dailydose you are right, the opinion of some people here is too superficial. but if only looking at the "philosophy" behind the model, it's easy connect the dots and understand why the brand opted for such a design. "The streamlined design takes inspiration from the world of skate boarding, its name recalling the way the rider's sneakers stick to the grip tape on a skateboard"... for all great literary critics here...๐Ÿ˜’

VioletteLonGoRIA

@MinervuS be so kind and help me get it! if your GF would suggest u she wanted a Hublot piece, I suppose you wouldn't refuse her, right? JUST because YOU like the watches. Now, when she wants smth different, u just find excuses TO NOT GET HER WHAT SHE WANTS! how would YOU feel to get another present, instead of what YOU WANT, just because she doesn't like what you do like???????????

it's not about the watch here, ladies and gentlemen!!! IT'S ABOUT AN ABUSER!!! ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜–

MinervuS

@YuliusMeinl , @chip&dale thank u for your support ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that's exactly the way I feel about the Gucci watch๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

@VioletteLonGoRIA, stay calm dear, I just wanted an opinion. if I really see that people do feel the chemistry with this model, I'll get it for her, no tress. and it's not about getting her WHAT I LIKE, it's about the fact that I dont want her look like "WTF" in other's eyes, as the is a bit opinion dependent! and I have an influence on her. inf the majority "votes" against this watch, then she will be not pleased to wear it, I suppose. if the votes are FOR, I'll shut the f*ck up ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Sunnybunny

you are a bit rude here @MinervuS . on the one hand, you ask for help, on the other hand, you criticize opinions that contradict your own. then why the hell are you asking for other people's opinions? to validate only those that suit you personally?

specifically about this GUCCI watch: the problem, it seems, is that your girlfriend has a higher degree of knowledge of what "fashion" means. she sees creativity in what you don't. she is more of an artist than you, that's for sure.
You will see only a black square in Malevich's square, she will see the art behind the square. don't try to clip her wings. it's a very big mistake. and give her what she likes and wants, even if you don't understand any shit about it!!!

VioletteLonGoRIA

Hey, there!
I address all, ladies and men that know a thing or two about watches and their aesthetics:
my GF suggested to me that she would like a GUCCI Grip watch, 27 mm for the upcoming Valentine's Day! We both love watches, have a lot to them, and frequently interchange them. our tastes, SO FAR, were more or less similar in terms of watches. We both love brushed surfaces, unbusy dials, and diverse fine patterns. Cartier and Hublot are among our favorites; though also have a passion for Some Omegas and Rolexes.

Now, with this GUCCI, I'm really concerned. We have absolutely different views on it.
She sees it as a truly phenomenal, different, and very attractive watch. I see it as "What the hell is this"? Is this a watch, generally? I mean, I understand perfectly that coming from GUCCI, I suppose I should also appreciate it because the brand is supposed to have a very good taste for the designs of accessories and watches. But look at it!!!
How is it even possible to read the time in it??? I, who consider myself a good connoisseur of watches, find it difficult to understand its concept and design. I don't even consider it a real watch. It's a watch attempt!!!! it doesn't even read properly!!!! I also understand that it is more of an accessory than a watch. And yet, I don't resonate with it even as an accessory. I'm going crazy because the world has to accept such a shitty design, just because it's a GUCCI.

From another point of view, I understand that I should please my GF and offer her what she likes. And if that's what he likes, so be it. BUT I JUST CAN'T ACCEPT THIS MODEL!

How could I convince her that we can find a better alternative to this shit? And what else could I offer her, so that he doesn't blame me for not buying her this one? Something to like more than this... how in general did gucci create this model? :rolleyes:๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ™‡โ€โ™‚๏ธ
my HEAVENS!!! WHAT A BEAUTY!!!! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ r u nuts @MinervuS ??????

you must take this beauty to your girlfriend!!!!!!๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿซ ๐Ÿซ  the accessory is a bracelet and a necklace at the same time๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ. with how many outfits I would match it!! and look at the hour markers, they are so unusual, I have never seen anything like this before!!! the design of the time indicators is very curious. and those of you who comment nonsense, U have no idea of aesthetics!!!!! :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:
The WATCH is FAN-TAS-TIC!!!

Matias

@MinervuS
I think it's better for you to abstain from commenting because you wrote in a group of girls who are ready to devour you here๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Give your girlfriend the accessory she likes. she will take it anyway,๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ even if you don't buy it, she will buy it herself. the only difference is that if she buys it herself, you will be her enemy for life. if you have it, you have a chance to survive ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
stop trying to find excuses why NOT TO TAKE IT. the fact that your friend laces her accessory is more than enough) You have to give in in relationships)
and I think it's time to look for forums for relationships, not just for watches. it could help you to accept what you cannot accept ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

MCGregor

what did you expect from gucci?๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ it's a very extravagant and flamboyant brand and everything you want but not classic and quiet))))
if your girlfriend has such tastes, you can't blame her)))) ๐Ÿ˜, besides, the watch doesn't look as bad as you see it.
with women, sometimes the design doesn't matter as much as the brand that makes it. gucci is gucci and you can't fight it ๐Ÿ˜

DomPerignon

ouch Minervus, you seem to have screwed it up with your post here :D
the watch is specific, you're right. But don't forget that this is the main purpose of Italian brands such as gucci versace etc: to catch attention, no matter the method ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜. And with this design, the brand achieved his goal in the most fabulous way๐Ÿ˜‚. Even you, who don't understand the concept, ended up discussing it in a forum)))))
so you have no chance!!!! valentine's day passed recently and I hope you managed to buy your girlfriend's accessory!!! otherwise, I think you've already become single ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿซฃ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Eddie

@MinervuS I'm sooooooo curious to know whether or not you bought this watch for your GF๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ r u still aliiiiive?????.... pls, pls, pls, share your decision and experience with us ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 14.11.29.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 14.11.29.png
    800.2 KB · Views: 0

MinervuS

you are a bit rude here @MinervuS . on the one hand, you ask for help, on the other hand, you criticize opinions that contradict your own. then why the hell are you asking for other people's opinions? to validate only those that suit you personally?

specifically about this GUCCI watch: the problem, it seems, is that your girlfriend has a higher degree of knowledge of what "fashion" means. she sees creativity in what you don't. she is more of an artist than you, that's for sure.
You will see only a black square in Malevich's square, she will see the art behind the square. don't try to clip her wings. it's a very big mistake. and give her what she likes and wants, even if you don't understand any shit about it!!!
I don't think it's fair to judge my artistic or creative traits based on a simple thread about a watch that I don't understand) and you're not right) I always visit museums and art places with my girlfriend, so chiiiiiiiil)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 14.14.21.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 14.14.21.png
    443 KB · Views: 0

MinervuS

@MinervuS
I think it's better for you to abstain from commenting because you wrote in a group of girls who are ready to devour you here๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Give your girlfriend the accessory she likes. she will take it anyway,๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ even if you don't buy it, she will buy it herself. the only difference is that if she buys it herself, you will be her enemy for life. if you have it, you have a chance to survive ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
stop trying to find excuses why NOT TO TAKE IT. the fact that your friend laces her accessory is more than enough) You have to give in in relationships)
and I think it's time to look for forums for relationships, not just for watches. it could help you to accept what you cannot accept ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I can handle this man ;)๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

MinervuS

what did you expect from gucci?๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ it's a very extravagant and flamboyant brand and everything you want but not classic and quiet))))
if your girlfriend has such tastes, you can't blame her)))) ๐Ÿ˜, besides, the watch doesn't look as bad as you see it.
with women, sometimes the design doesn't matter as much as the brand that makes it. gucci is gucci and you can't fight it ๐Ÿ˜
precisely for this reason, I think that today's fashion has gone completely crazy)

MinervuS

@Eddie @DomPerignon
chill men) I'm not exactly the tyrant that everyone tried to criticize here, I also have a heart inside me that adores its girlfriend). so yes, I took the watch. I know how to give in and prioritize relationships, regardless of personal inconveniences. but what I understood from here is that you don't have the right to expose yourself today)))))). and what if I don't like the watch? I don't have the right to expose myself, just to please my girlfriend? isn't the relationship about honesty? and I was honest, and exposed myself to this horrible watch.... but I took it from her and she is happy))))))