honest opinion of reps

Ethan

Hi guys, I'm new here

thinking about getting my first rep. TBH, I can't decide if it's worth getting one or not...
I'm more the "gen watch" guy. I never had a replica. But I've never had anything against those who buy rep watches, I mean, everyone buys and wears what they want.

the thing is that I've been in love with a watch for some time, but it's beyond my financial means for now. So, I was thinking that maybe a rep would be a solution for me. However, I'm not sure if it's worth buying because I'm not sure about its quality. I prioritize good performance in my watches. For me, it is very important that they work reliably, serve for a long time and do not cause me problems. I am ready to pay a high price, just for the watch to exude quality. My question is what should I expect from a rep watch... Is it likely that it will match my expectations or should I give up on this idea?

Please be honest with me and tell me things as they are. Not gonna judge any opinion, just need to know how reliable my idea is.... thanks for any sharing

Mathew

well, the first thing I would suggest is not to believe that all dealers are really as professional as they say on their website. Many of them don't even have professional customer service... So, I recommend that you talk directly with each dealer or his customer support representative to get a general impression of their professionalism....

then, I would advise you not to believe in their promises that the watches are perfect... especially those that cost around $100. these watches will work quite well, possibly, but for sure they will have flaws in the design and possibly have different functions than the authentic watch you want... so patience, you've got to have patience until you find a trusted dealer

RoyaInk

I recommend not to have very high expectations. i mean, there is a really good chance to get a superb rep. but it's better to have low expectations and be impressed by the quality than to have high expectations and be disappointed

and yes, it is very important to choose a suitable dealer. I advise you to rely on those who have a good to very good customer review rating

Steve

great reps do exist!!! of this you can be sure! however, keep in mind that not all that glitters is gold, and be very careful from whom you buy the watch. There are chances to find the right watch, but pay attention to which release it is part of. For example, a dealer can offer you an IWC rep from the 2022 release as it remained in his stock. However, you can find the same rep watch model from the 2023 release that has an improved mechanism. so pay attention to the release of which the replica watch is a part

also, ask the dealer about the mechanism!!!!! aesthetically, the watch may look good, but inside, it may house a lower quality mechanism. rwe recommend to opt for Japanese watches, or swiss clones - if you can afford it. These are usually quite reliable, work for many years and are of good quality. dangdong movements are among the best, but I'm not sure if they are integrated into your model that you want. either way, many Rolex reps run on this movement and are known as reliable

UdlinINTEL

first of all, check the reliability of dealers on various customer review platforms. this will make you understand which ones you can trust and which ones you don't risk wasting your money but never getting your watch... as for the quality, make a clear list of priorities and send it to the dealers so that they know and are aware of your expectations. ask them to sell you only if they can correspond with your demands. if not, leave them a review so that other hobbyists know what to expect.

replica watches are a Russian roulette; they are released so frequently that you no longer manage to understand which is viable and which is not. so have patience. If you still have too high expectations, maybe it's time to give up on this idea... u see? here is the case to leave room for any outcome

cheetomargheritto

replica watches is like a lottery. I, for example, was lucky enough to come across the first superb replica watch. I bought it from o recommended tire dealer and had no problems. My first rep watch serves to this day, it is already more than 3 years old. It behaves just like a traditional watch. the only difference in it is that the movement is not as refined as in a luxury watch, but otherwise, it works flawlessly. once even an expert in the field believed it authentic when he evaluated it superficially. he realized it was an imitation only when he looked at the movement

a little later, I took another 2 rep watches. These were a TAG Heuer and an IWC Pilot. these were no longer as good. small flaws in the design, the wrong color of the dial, mediocre functionality of the pusher, etc... I mean, an average joe probably wouldn't have noticed the differences. But I, who knew how a good replica watch should look, realized that they were of mediocre quality. so you never know...

my recommendation is to hope for the best, but to expect for the worst. and try to find reputable dealers by recommendation. so you have a better chance of having a good watch

diaboliquerye

when I got my first replica watch, I was aware of the fact that I might get a watch that I didn't like at all. I didn't know much about replica watches, but I had bought some goods from Asian stores, and somehow I knew that the promised quality is not always real...

So, I saved up a certain amount for my first watch, so that I wouldn't feel sorry if I lost it... that is, I had prepared myself for the worst. luckily, I received a fake watch quite ok. It wasn't exactly a great imitation, but it was better than I expected...

the point is that you must be aware of the risks and be prepared for them. also, with a good research, you have chances to find a good dealer... I recommend buying the watch wisely without rushing. carefully analyze the offers, talk to the seller about your expectations... I hope you make a good purchase

Drinky

I would recommend you to raise money for u genuine watch, if you have high expectations. I think that your high expectations might be satisfied only by that kind... reps aren't bad, really. but you may not be fully satisfied with the internal movement or its resistance over time. I don't know what model you're talking about exactly, but if it's a gold watch, then the replica might come with a thin layer of gold that fades over time

is it an investment watch? i mean, do you want it for a long time? if so, then a gen would do better... but if you're ok to get something slightly different from authentic, then a rep will also do.... if I understood it right, it's a Frederich constant rep... I'm not sure that the factories produce these reps in superior quality. if it were a Rolex rep, for example, you can be 100% confident that you are getting a good replica. But the less demanded brands are produced with difficulty in the replica industry due to the low demand and, respectively, the lack of experience

Almagest

don't buy.... if you are very pedantic and have high expectations, chances are you will remain unsatisfied... the reason is not the quality of the replica watches but your expectations.....

if you're used to high-quality stuff, you won't get much satisfaction from a mediocre standard... there are high-quality reps, but no one guarantees that you'll find it right from the first experience. in order to find a TD that offers a good watch, you have to come across 2-3 mediocre ones first

i mean, there are chances, but they are minimal... so if you don't leave room for mediocre imitations, don't advance in this hobby

TesaLLiuM8565

I see the replica watches as a hobby for fun and curiosity purposes. so, with such an attitude, it's worth taking the risks in this field... if I wanted a good watch, for which I would be ready to give more money, which would serve me for years to come, I don't think so that I would go for a replica watch.... in this hobby, you have to have an extreme spirit and be able to take things easy, even in case of disappointment... if the expectations are high, I would probably go for a reputable one preowned store instead... at least that's my opinion

Eugene

I don't have much to say for now... just bought 2 reps and both are acceptable. at least, it's worth the money. I can't say that they are perfect and identical to the authentic model, but they work well... everyone who sees them compliments my choice and says "ouch... you've grown to a VC", I think they don't really understand what it's about of a fake watch 😂😂😂😂

on the whole, I'm satisfied with the fakes I bought... but spent plenty of time to find the right TD, I guess this is the biggest challenge of the process

Albert

whenever u dont' have high expectations, reps will do... the hardest thing is to find a trusted dealer who will tell you honestly what to expect and what you are paying for... until you find him, you may come across a couple of bad experiences. but once you find your dealer, things get much more optimistic. Also, my recommendation is to create a list of priorities for your rep watches. what mechanism do you want? Swiss or Japanese or a Chinese one? WR or not? 316 or 904l SS? these details will help you find a suitable watch that will satisfy you in everything.. otherwise, relying on dealers' promises like "our reps are the best" is not the best idea... who knows what exactly a dealer means by the words "the best reps"?! what means the best for them does not necessarily mean the best for you as a customer... so it would be good to specify what exactly you want from your replica watch... this does not guarantee success, but at least it increases its chances to one

igivente

honest opinion is that YOU, as a customer, must be very aware of what you buy. If you buy without researching the dealer, you can expect anything. In replica hobby, a lot of attention and patience is required. there are hundreds of stores and dealers offering rep watches. But that doesn't mean you have hundreds of good replica watch options. Out of a hundred, maybe you can find 3-5 that really sound of good quality and offer reliable services

so, coming across an awful rep is, often, the customer's fault for not having done a research about the seller. read reviews, talk to other buyers, see what others say about various replica watch sellers before buying. Don't get caught up in offers like "50% off", because they only increase the sense of urgency to buy and you have chances to buy trash

StevenOhio

at first I was very reluctant about replica watches, just like you. it seemed to me completely crazy to wear imitations, fakes, and pretend they are authentic. it seemed to me that I was deceiving the whole world around me, including myself. i had one. friend at college, and thanks to him I understood that wearing a rep watch is not a big deal and that everyone does it.... well, almost everyone.... he helped me find a TD through which I bought my first AP Royal oak. I still have this watch. it is of superb quality, even if it doesn't look as good as it did at the beginning...

also, I have some very rich friends. they usually wear the most branded clothes, shoes and accessories. still, they also have nothing against wearing a fake rolex on their wrist as long as it is of good quality... so, it's not quite as scary as it seems) after all, it's just a watch, an accessory . it's not like robbing a bank to feel guilty. even those who rob banks don't feel too guilty 😂😂😂😂 so chill) rep watches can be both good and less good, it depends on what you're looking for and how much you're ready to pay) but the process and experience is ultimately fun

from my experience, there are different reps. I had good and bad experiences, some because of my incompetence of choosing the right TD, others because the sellers were irresponsible to send me trashy reps. though, i always had fun of the process. if u want a smooth buying process, i guess rep watches are not for u, go for an authentic watch that u can afford. reps are for people who leave room any outcome. i=n most cases, finding a good rep watch requires time. if u have it and can take the processes as an experience wiht any oputome, u might be enchanted by this industry