Hublot watch: Thoughts?

StevenOhio

Hello fellows,
Nice to see this forum growing, so consistent and useful, indeed. So, long story short, I recently hit a chance to get this clunky guy. this Hublot is made of tungsten and I bought it only because my close friend told me to do so. Well, u know, I'm the one with compulsively-buying-things-guy. He said like "Of course it's a wonderful piece, I mean how can you not love a Hublot, right? And I put it on while thinking why did ever buy it a few hours later.

Everybody is crazy about it at my job, and I can't explain how confidently I wear it on my wrist since I get plenty of ovations for it. Not only my office mates praise it, but random people do as well, which adds some sense of confidence in my chest even more.

TBH, I didn't get even half of the compliments with my Omega like I did with this Hublot. of course, it didn't go without 2-3 rude comments from envious dudes, but, i didn't pay much attention on it. Or Should I?

The point is that I still can't figure it out: is this watch really so good or just everyone is artificially praising it? I can't deny the satisfaction and get with the ovations for it. But what if these are false and the rude comments thrown at me are more truthful than the fake ovations?

This issue got me thinking, so I need your unbiased opinion for it. Attach a picture to better understand what I'm talking about. Sorry for the quality, it seems that I need a better phone camera too)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 15.36.33-min.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 15.36.33-min.png
    828.8 KB · Views: 0

SpiceEric

for me it's hard to accept a watch larger than 37mm. The only exception are g-Shocks. But this guy really looks awsome and I don't think that the 2 related comments should affect you too much. I do think people really love it, otherwise there wouldn't be as many compliments

Cinar73967

can't really understand why other's opinions matter so much for u. u have to get used that no watch is gonna satisfy 100% of people around you. And most importantly, you don't need to. If you resonate with this watch, it sits well on your wrist, it is comfy and useful for you, you should give a damn about other's opinions... well, on the rude ones πŸ˜‚ enjoy it, it's indeed a statement piece.

MiracuLuis

it seems tough for me to read the time actually. I'm not a fan of skeleton dials or something similar like this hublot. The casing, material, and the baldness look fine to me. but not sure would wear one for the readability issues.. also, kinda don't find the chromatics well-thought out. it's extremely hards, I guess, to read black dial with black markers, or whatever those are... thinking that not my watch exclusively from readability issues

StevenOhio

it seems tough for me to read the time actually. I'm not a fan of skeleton dials or something similar like this hublot. The casing, material, and the baldness look fine to me. but not sure would wear one for the readability issues.. also, kinda don't find the chromatics well-thought out. it's extremely hards, I guess, to read black dial with black markers, or whatever those are... thinking that not my watch exclusively from readability issues
you would be surprised to see how easy it actually is to read the time on it.

it only took me a couple of hours to get used to it. and, ironically, many people kept asking me the time πŸ˜‚ when they never usually doπŸ˜‚

and I was impressed by the easy readability and accuracy. My phone time is not as precise as this guy πŸ˜‚ it never goes more than 2 sec out of sync😳

Fisher

good choice for me) i really love classic Fusions, i even had a 42 space gray guy, my favorite.

Big Bangs are one level lower for me like king powers and similar stuff. What I dislike a little bit is their likelihood with AP and lack of in-house movements. But, the new versions may be already equipped with inhouses, so not much of a problem. I'd pick a gray version, kinda got bored of the classic black. But if it comforts u, that's a great choice by me

Albert

the finishing is really exquisite in Hublot watches, I've seen it myself. That tungsten material looks phenomenal under the right angle. like this guy on your wrist. congratulations!

though, there is something bothering me a little: it's the non-alignment between screws and bezel, don't u find it?

StevenOhio

the finishing is really exquisite in Hublot watches, I've seen it myself. That tungsten material looks phenomenal under the right angle. like this guy on your wrist. congratulations!

though, there is something bothering me a little: it's the non-alignment between screws and bezel, don't u find it?
i think it';s more of an image issue looking like thr screws ground my gears thin. in reality, it really becomes a non-issue by wearing it daily. thanks for the appreciation:)

StevenOhio

nice watch) didn't anyone ask u weather it's a fake?)
not yet :D but I have already prepared an answer to this question just in case)) tungsten is not so easy to work with. it requires special skills and deep knowledge, which I don't think rep factories consume so much... it needs over 3400 C degrees to reach its melting point and it is an impressive metal, probably the hardest of all. so, i would never question it's authenticity as rep factories would never hassle so much o n a imitation)

Marvel

my overall impression about hublot watches is good, never heard significant complaints about it except for big size, dark color, i.e. subjective arguments. on the whole, the brand makes pretty nice stuff and innovative things. very precise as I always see it as an official partner in football, so it speaks volumes about its precision. don't know much about the different collections) to me they all look pretty much the same πŸ˜‚ but i think u got a great deal fella

Drinky

I didn't get to wear a Hublot for a long time, only when I visited Venice did I admired some models from their boutique. can't say it's my watch brand, I mean, I'm not grabbed by their entire range of watches. but some pieces are really amazing. what I admire and like about them is that Hublot is really pushing the limits with the science of materials and movements. the Unico is indeed fabulous, so are the chrono pushers. not only they perform great but feel so comfortable. i thought i'd find most of hublot watches too big for me. but lemme tell that they sit so well on the wrist, i even forgot about the generous size discomforting me. it harmonized perfectly. I didn't buy one for the simple reason that I didn't have the expected budget for a watch while on holidays. for the rest, i find them pretty nice choice. enjoy it

Maric

appreciate the material in it, but don't resonate much with the dial. it's so strange that many watch lovers don't really like skeletonized dials. now, i see no comment about it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ where r u guys? πŸ˜‚ is it smelling like double standards in here?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I like everything that comes from Hublot: the branding, the precision of the watches, the design, how the watches are worn and how they last over time. but only no skeletonized dials please. i'd rather wear a cheap replica than a skeletonized dial

Rochdale

appreciate the material in it, but don't resonate much with the dial. it's so strange that many watch lovers don't really like skeletonized dials. now, i see no comment about it πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ where r u guys? πŸ˜‚ is it smelling like double standards in here?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I like everything that comes from Hublot: the branding, the precision of the watches, the design, how the watches are worn and how they last over time. but only no skeletonized dials please. i'd rather wear a cheap replica than a skeletonized dial
chill) I don't think that those who don't love hublot will join a thread of people who love hublot πŸ˜‚ it's somehow dangerous to leave a negative comment in a community that shares only positive onesπŸ˜‚

either way, this is about personal taste and preferences, not about how well or badly a watch works) all Hublots are flawless in operation, precision, etc) so we just share impressions about this nice design) if you don't have anything nice to say theeeennn..... 😎

BusyAsHell

it depends on the purpose for which you bought it) if it is as an investment for resale purposes, the model is not one of the best options) but if it is only for personal satisfaction - hublot is a reliable ally that will not let you down. the brand is about perfect and high-end microengineering, very innovative in terms of materials and techniques. although, it's pretty expensive and a heuer would be a cheaper version
if u like id badly- that's what matters the most. nice watch indeed

Nobbing

If you need a subjective opinion, here u have one:

I never got around to buying a Hublot and here is why:

I've tested a couple of them for a pretty short period. I didn't resonate with them as a style. Functional- yes, they seem more valuable. But style- it's not to my liking (told ya it was gonna be a subjective opinion)

also, i find them overpriced. too big price for the standards and those who wear them predominantly are more like showing off their wealth instead of truly enjoying them as timepieces.

Wouldn't get one even if I had the money. if u really like them, go ahead and get one, but i recommend getting a big discount or considering preowned versions

Albert

why r u asking for thoughts? u know u got a very nice accessory with this watch, so why r u lookin for validation?)) u have to brag about it instead))))

if it comforts you and fits your wrist and needs, that's a great purchase then... hublot is not my brand, but I keep looking at some models from time to time and I think that one day, I'll get to I'll take one just to experience it... have you ever heard of this kind of psychosis? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ either way, it's a nice looking watch indeed. i really think the compliments u get at your work are real, and not artificial. hublot might not be everyone's watch brand. but for sure it is not a brand that you can criticize as bad quality