IWC New release

Nobbing

Have you seen the recent IWC news, guys?
The IWC introduced a couple of new colors in its Top Gun collection. It’s about the white Lake Tahoe and the green Woodland. Honestly speaking, I initially thought that the names somehow suggested the clearance of the Sierra Nevada Mountains lake named Tahoe and the deep green of the forest. As it turned out, the names actually have some military connotations. As a matter of fact, the white and the green refer to the American navy uniforms, while the green symbolizes the green territories where the militaries train.
So, how do you appreciate such a correlation between watches and US Navy forces? Do you think such a marketing strategy will somehow encourage or discourage sales? I’m kind of reticent about that. Haven’t figured that puzzle out yet. What I can say is that the models are indeed captivating, in my opinion. The white version is pretty nice with its rubber strap. That rubber strap looks pretty contrasting with the black dial. I would expect it to be blue, honestly, as the lake is associated with blue, rather than black, by me.
As for the green version, everything is green in it. The dial, the bezel, the strap. Only that the hue of the green differs. What I find a bit exaggerated in the green model is the crown. I find it a little bit asymmetrical in comparison to the other chronograph pushers. I think it would look better if it reduced its size a bit. For the white version, this aspect is not as expressive. I believe that this is because of the white color which somehow balances the size.
What amazed me the most is their ceramic cases. In this aspect, IWC hit the target. Not all watch brands are able to make ceramic cases correctly. Many of them produce plenty of mistakes during the manufacturing process because steel and ceramic have absolutely different processing techniques. Either way, blessed to see good work on these IWC timepieces. Probably, it has been eagerly practiced during the creation of the Mojave Desert Pid Pilot Top Gun edition.
As for the dimensions, I would have expected a more generous size, being pilot watches. They feature a 44,5 mm, which is not bad, in fact. But, at least, a 45mm case would improve the legibility of the watch. But, as the IWC CEO explained, these watches are not only for pilots but for watch enthusiasts as well. This is why the brand opted for the golden mean of 44,5mm.
If you had to choose between these and previous IWC timepieces, which would be your selection? And what about color? Does it look appealing to you?

ObeisDexter

Agree, the color is not suggestive to me. If you hadn't told me about the navy correlation, I would have never seen the association. In fact, I like the green version. It looks appealing. And I like the different in dial and bezel hue. IWC would have made a big mistake if it opted for a single green font.
As for the white version, I’m not kinda impressed by the dial as I’m impressed by the bracelet. I think the bracelet is the most attractive element in the whole picture. What I also dislike is the crown and pushers. Are they made of stainless steel? They look out of context. The bezel is white, and so is the bracelet, the dial is black, but the crown and pushers are metallic. So, visually, they don’t integrate into the whole picture. Would have been much better if they were also white.
Also, the watch is only 60 meters of water resistance. Couldn’t it have been designed slimmer, considering the modest water resistance? At least, the power reserve seems promising, 46 hours due to the caliber 69380 operating at 4Hz. Not bad for the movement.

YellowSnowman

The green is great to me 😍 and the color is chosen wisely. The green is more suggestive of the army than the white option. The white would be a good model for my wife. Not too complicated, attractive enough, and pretty affordable. I would not go for the green one, even though I admit it's a nice looking aspect and a good technical profile. I like the complex timepieces in the IWC portfolio.
Portugieser Yacht Club Chronograph or the Da `Vinci Tourbillon Retrograde Chronograph. Aluuuuuuring🫣🫠 I think these classical models have shown the full creative potential of IWC. The ark on the left hand of the dial is a masterpiece. And the whole construction is steady, large, and full of charm.

The Yacht Club Chronograph comes with a flyback function, specially designed for those who don’t find it comfortable to stop the Chronograph each time they need to reset it. It’s both formal and sporty. The Woodland and the Lake Tahoe look good but are more suitable for daily use.

Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 18.23.55.png

look at those 🫠
Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 18.24.04.png

Nobbing

niiiiice))) pretty nice))) though the sports style is somehow closer to me. Nonetheless, I do appreciate your taste in formal IWC watches. it it was to choose, I’d go for the Yacht Club Chrono. I wonder how the brand could integrate such an intricate inner mechanism in only a 44,6 mm case. I could have expected at least a case of 46mm for the functions it takes.
The brand risked it all, I guess, given that there was a high probability of poor readability with 44,6 cases. Though the result is pretty fantastic and nothing is compromised in legibility. Heard that the see-through sapphire-glass back has a double protective layer which was absent with previous models, but not sure on that.

And from all three dial versions, I would definitely opt for the blue one

YellowSnowman

the Woodland is about $1,000, right?

The ceratanium grayish black looks good with the dark green cat and dial. I have read that it’s pretty lightweight. The textile inlay of the strap seems subtle. I think the Lake Tahoe lacks it ‘cause it would be hard to clean and maintain it in fresh condition.

TwilloLoVer

For a modern woman, the White Tahoe is a fine option. I like the strap. It makes the watch pretty versatile and perfect for casual and sports styles. IWC created a nice and smooth casual watch, especially considering that it doe not have many casual watches for women. Though, not so sure about the practicality of the white color and how easy it is to be maintained. If I bought his watch for my wife, I would probably allow her to wear it only in winter 😁

As for the white watch color, didn’t see much of the “us navy” in it. I rather associate it with the white winter surroundings of the Tahoe Lake

BLburNett

the Woodland is about $1,000, right?

The ceratanium grayish black looks good with the dark green cat and dial. I have read that it’s pretty lightweight. The textile inlay of the strap seems subtle. I think the Lake Tahoe lacks it ‘cause it would be hard to clean and maintain it in fresh condition.
about 10,000 $, you probably wanted to say 😁 For Lake Tahoe, I’m not the number one fan of white watches. White cases on white straps are probably more suitable for pedantic watch lovers who are constantly cleaning things around them. Or, if you were it, you are not allowed to touch anything just to preserve its impeccable white format. Don’t see it as practical at all. As for the green version, the dial is corpulent enough for a pilot's watch. I like the fusion between the classic and the bold styles. Though, it’s not the watch id pay that money for. And it’s only because the dimensions are not right for me. These are too big for me. With a reduced price and reduced dimensions, I could consider it

cheetahapple

I believe IWC is more efficient in making dress watches than casual ones. The Portofino and Portuguieser, among others, are somehow more “statement”-like. And not because they are formal. With the Top Gun woodland and Tahoe, like something is missing. May these would do for the young generation. For the older audience, I think the brand omitted something

LIgHtere

I do like them.. what I dislike is the price :D the green one has something suggesting the navy and all of that stuff...the white, not much at all. the Tahoe doesn't seem pretty practical with its show white color so wearers will have a lot of work in maintaining it clean :D

EmPoWeReD

Instead of the Woodland id like the Top Gun IW 388007, honestly. The 46mm case sounds huge compared to the 44,5 of the woodland, but the readability is simply amazing. And it is amazing not because of the larger dimensions, but because of the right positioning of all in-dial compounds. The ceramic looks cheaper in the woodland.

vingNEgy

it's like we are all blind here 😂 talking about some watches without having their pics in the thread😂
I resonate with both models, honestly
For pilot’s watches, these look fairly exquisite. No impairments in legibility, good dial contrast, great chronograph balance on the watch face. The green is pretty playful and I like that the dial has multiple green fonts. The hour and minute hands are perfect to me. And stand Mercedes hands or smith like that. Their sharp picks are the best choice to make the dial look sleek and not overpowered. Kinda reticent about the white take with its white strap. Is it practical for daily wear and tear?! And the price is a bit too high, I think

snd here come the pics:D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 15.06.12-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 15.06.12-min.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 15.06.38-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 15.06.38-min.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 0

CasPer$$hunteR

Of course, the marketing will do its job :D it always does, especially for people who aren’t familiar with it:D these IWC releases are ok, but aren’t any more spectacular than other Top Gun releases) but, with a few marketing waves, the collection is thought to be pretty successful

sEVENDEM

The US navy history and all this marketing stuff around these watches mean ZERO for me)) I either like the watch or not)) the green is ok, but the white-not my type, the white would maybe be appropriate for my gf. But, I’m not ready to pay that money for a casual watch :D I might be looking for a Casio instead with a more affordable price range

TropiKanCHO

IWC casuals are not as successful as IWC dresses, at least for me. these two models are a bit overpriced. their cost is for the brand name more than for the technical construction and design.
Blancpain Vileret, Jaeger le Coultre Master Control, Oyster Perpetual, Cartier Santos Dumont, Girard Perregaux Laureto, and Speedmaster 57-all are even cheaper than the Woodland but are far more prominent.

Personally, I embrace more the Pilot’s Chrono IW388108 IWC than these Top Gun releases.

it's like we are all blind here 😂 talking about some watches without having their pics in the thread😂
I resonate with both models, honestly
For pilot’s watches, these look fairly exquisite. No impairments in legibility, good dial contrast, great chronograph balance on the watch face. The green is pretty playful and I like that the dial has multiple green fonts. The hour and minute hands are perfect to me. And stand Mercedes hands or smith like that. Their sharp picks are the best choice to make the dial look sleek and not overpowered. Kinda reticent about the white take with its white strap. Is it practical for daily wear and tear?! And the price is a bit too high, I think

snd here come the pics:D
too expensive for these watches...

vAshayaStar

If considering their technical profile, not bad watches to me. Still, I’m more attached to the Portugieser. Idk, probably because of a more formal look. The automatic 42mm Portugieser with the brown leather strap is to my liking more. And if I had the money, I would buy it without any concern. As for the new Top Gun, I wouldn’t feel good paying the money… there is something in their design that doesn’t quite attract me. Maybe it’s just not my style…