Minute and hour hands faulty functioning

hello, there, guys, need your help, recommendations, suggestions, opinions

Have recently got a watch, a cheap flea market. it's written Zetol 15 on it, and 15 jewels swiss made. Don't know much about this manufacturer, better said - nothing. So, please share those who have any idea about it.

A couple of days ago, I noticed that the only thing moving in it is the second hand. The minute and hour hands malfunction, and only move when I pull the crown out to set the watch.

I'm not very good at watches, even more so I don't know anything about calibers. I would like to fix it somehow and I am trying to find some video tutorials. However, at first I don't really understand what the exact caliber is. I'm attaching the picture, maybe someone knows better and can tell me what caliber it is. Or at least something similar.

The only thing I managed to figure out so far is that the watch cannon pawn might possibly be loose. So, taking the watch apart enough to tighten the pinion might be a potential solution.

BUT I MAY BE wrong, I don't rule it out. Either way, please avoid recommending that I take it to a technical service center. This watch cost me 5$ and I am not ready to pay another 50 for repair work) As I am a newbie in this field, I am ok to tinker with it for a while to gain some experience)

so, feel free to share any possible knowledge and solution, I'm ready to be uncertain about everything. thanks for any input

sorry... got gone with the wind... here u have

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 15.40.00.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 15.40.00.png
    791.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 15.39.39.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 15.39.39.png
    818.4 KB · Views: 0

SpiceEric

$5?! really? that looks a pretty nice watch for the price... I think that who sold it to you didn't know how to value it correctly) your luck

I resonate with your idea that it would be about the loose cannon pinion... if it's not that, then it's something similar that rubs during motion works.. I really wanted to suggest you take it to service when I read that categorically refuse to take it to a technician 😂😂😂

well, in that case, you could try to do the service by yourself. carefully disintegrate it as far as you can go and analyze its every detail, then integrate it back. you do know how precious its dial is, don't you? Be careful not to damage it along the process

Cinar73967

same here, also almost certain that it is about canno pinion. Disassembly could help you in deed, try to see how far you can go. tighten the pinion and most probably it will work. I don't think it's about another problem. it's a reeeaaaally wonderful dial, enjoy the process

the dial is what caught me on this watch. I didn't even expect to buy it for $5, the price was not a priority for me. I would like to make it work, it seems to be a valuable watch and I would give it to my daughter. though, I don't really have the necessary tools for a full service on my own. any recommendations on where to start?

Fisher

To be honest, I don't find the movement familiar at all. I don't think i've' seen me before. Looks very unusual to me. I might be wrong, but think I find small similarities with the EB/AS 698 according to its layout.

Also, I might be wrong again, but it seems to me that I see an EB stamp under the balance, am I right? If I am right, I am afraid that the cannon pinion cannot be tightened. It may be about Roscop style indirect drive featuring the friction clutch namely on the barrel. This means that a normal cannon pinion tightening is unlikely

I hope you can handle the work on yourself, but you must know that you have chosen a rather challenging model for tingling with

Albert

can u show me the caseback pls? I don't see it in the pictures. r u sure there is nothing on it like indicating the type of movement?

that the pic I got right in the first day when I got the watch. so, as u see, the circle only tells the material and the Swiss-made standard. don't know much about the stick on it, but I removed it away

MiracuLuis

that the pic I got right in the first day when I got the watch. so, as u see, the circle only tells the material and the Swiss-made standard. don't know much about the stick on it, but I removed it away
https://17jewels.info/movements/a/as/as-1199/

that's the info about the movement you've been looking, bro 🙃 I think the seller might have informed u about the stick, but u didn't pay attention to it

so gut u made a pic of it

really? feeling so stupid because I bothered you with a question to which I had an answer.... I was so preoccupied with the movement that this detail about the sticker on the caseback slipped out of my head 😂 I took it out on the first day, without even thinking about what these inscriptions on the pasted sheet were about... I thought that was the price the seller would sell it for, like $11.99, but he sold it to me for $5🫣🫣🫣🫣 sorry guys, and thans... I think now I will figure it out how to make it work