New Rolex Deepsea Challenge. Any thoughts?

Racrought

Hi folks, maybe you already know about this new amazing watch from Rolex, but I would like to ask what you think. I was always in love with Rolex, they create amazing watches, and there are some major differences between this Deepsea and others that they dropped over the years. Of course, I would like to have a genuine one.. the prices are extreme but worth it.

Usually, such watches catch my eye because of their size. I know that a lot of people don't actually love when the watch is too big... but this one is so super amazing. Let's talk it really is 50 mm guy.. I can't even imagine how it is going to look on the wrist. I'm quite a big man so I don't think that is going to be a problem for me :D
Good to mention... unfortunately maybe not be the best option for short people or people with really tiny hands.. sorry guys

The Cerachrom bezel inserted in black ceramic and oyster bracelet is the best of the best.. Still can't imagine how replica is going to deal with it. This is quite that exact situation when you learn what kind of materials they are using for this watch.
To change the RLX titanium and the cherachrom to stainless steel material for all the pieces I don't think that this is the best idea. Even so, I don't really think that there are going to be super luxury replica manufacturers able to create something similar using similar materials.

I really do believe that at least the luminiscent display is not a big deal for replicas. They have done it before and for sure are going to take into consideration for this Deepsea model.
What truly impresses me is the black dial. While you may think that its a normal black it isn't and this is truly impressive to me. Generally I love black watches, specially when there are used ciramics and chrome. The final result is stunning and there is a candescent differance between the black that is almost toned and the shiny one.

Of course, the first thing that made me deeply think about this mode is the size. I'm sure that here are going to be some people telling me that it is too big and may be uncomfortable.. but I really don't care.. the bigger it is the better for me...:D

I would like to have it as original of course.. still don't know if I'm going to able to afford it. Tell me what you think ;)

index-127-1667399241.jpg

Wervelf

I'm more about Daytona from Rolex, but I can't deny that I love everything that they do..
This watch is going to be simply amazing I'm sure. The size is truly not for me but I get why a lot of men love big watches. I love big watches too, even if some of them look too big and clumsy on my wrist. Still, I never really cared about what others thought.
Daytona is 40 mm, and for more than 5 years I got that 42 mm is the max for me. I can only congratulate those people that are going to have this model.. especially those that are going to use it in the sea.

I have one original Sea-Dweller .. was a gift for me... cause unfortunately I can't afford so much to pay for it now, but the only thing that I can say is that i really enjoyed it during the summer season.
Never tried to use a replica Rolex into the sea. I know that a lot of suppliers are convinced about their ability to be waterproof but I never wanted to test it. :D /can't trust suppliers nowadays if you know what I mean. You can't ever be sure about

The thing with the materials for this one is going to be tough. It is possible to find a supplier with more materials options but it is hard and besides this, the replica is going to cost a fortune. You are right... some watches are not meant to be replicas. That's for sure.
If everyone here is going to purchase the original one please post me about it. I want to see the real photos.

Racrought

I'm more about Daytona from Rolex, but I can't deny that I love everything that they do..
This watch is going to be simply amazing I'm sure. The size is truly not for me but I get why a lot of men love big watches. I love big watches too, even if some of them look too big and clumsy on my wrist. Still, I never really cared about what others thought.
Daytona is 40 mm, and for more than 5 years I got that 42 mm is the max for me. I can only congratulate those people that are going to have this model.. especially those that are going to use it in the sea.

I have one original Sea-Dweller .. was a gift for me... cause unfortunately I can't afford so much to pay for it now, but the only thing that I can say is that i really enjoyed it during the summer season.
Never tried to use a replica Rolex into the sea. I know that a lot of suppliers are convinced about their ability to be waterproof but I never wanted to test it. :D /can't trust suppliers nowadays if you know what I mean. You can't ever be sure about

The thing with the materials for this one is going to be tough. It is possible to find a supplier with more materials options but it is hard and besides this, the replica is going to cost a fortune. You are right... some watches are not meant to be replicas. That's for sure.
If everyone here is going to purchase the original one please post me about it. I want to see the real photos.
Yep, the size is not for everyone. I know. Even so I have some watches that are extremely small sized but just liked them and added to my collection. I actually have a lot of watches that I don't usually wear... especially if they are small-sized, but this one GOOOOOOD, this one is too damn good. By the way Daytona is s good choice, i have 3 of them in 3 different colors. One of them is original and two of them are really good replicas. I loved them so much that i wanted all the colors out there. not sure if Im going to stop there. 😁

The replica Deepsea... really hoping to see something special but I think that I have to expect the worse case scenario.

Wervelf

Yep, the size is not for everyone. I know. Even so I have some watches that are extremely small sized but just liked them and added to my collection. I actually have a lot of watches that I don't usually wear... especially if they are small-sized, but this one GOOOOOOD, this one is too damn good. By the way Daytona is s good choice, i have 3 of them in 3 different colors. One of them is original and two of them are really good replicas. I loved them so much that i wanted all the colors out there. not sure if Im going to stop there. 😁

The replica Deepsea... really hoping to see something special but I think that I have to expect the worse case scenario.
I can totally get it. I have some watches that are bigger than what is recommended for me but usually, my wife uses them. She doesn't really care about the size and how it looks on her as long as she likes it. Maybe I should learn it from her... I dunno :D I seems good not to care that it looks too big or too small but at the same time I feel like I'm creating an impression of a person that doesn't know how to choose watches... and again I'm going circles when I think about what others think. :D if you know what I mean

Racrought

I can totally get it. I have some watches that are bigger than what is recommended for me but usually, my wife uses them. She doesn't really care about the size and how it looks on her as long as she likes it. Maybe I should learn it from her... I dunno :D I seems good not to care that it looks too big or too small but at the same time I feel like I'm creating an impression of a person that doesn't know how to choose watches... and again I'm going circles when I think about what others think. :D if you know what I mean
F*ck it who cares, the rules are made to break them. When u have a really good watch on your wrist people don't really care about what is the size of it:D

vAshayaStar

is this the new full-titanium version?
heard some great gossips about it 😁😁😁
as for the diameter: good for u that your wrist is as big 😁😁😁 that means you will have no trouble with it on. trouble will have those with tiny wrists πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
me, I wouldn't buy it because it looks too big on. I tested a 44 mm Invicta on my wrist and I didn't get nothing but frustration. But it's my personal case. on. other wrists it might look different. I dont have any problem with such a diameter, 50mm case can look good on you, especially if you say you r a pretty massive dude. after all, calibration is really important when picking watches.
also, if I see a person wearing a too small watch, I always associate it with a lack of taste. but when I see someone with an oversized one, im. more prone to take it as a special taste of style. idk why it happens.
on the whole, this is a piece of beauty

concientE

don't really think you should have the watch that other people approve or pissapeove. who cares?😁 have what u want
the only thing I can suggest you is to test a watch with a similar diameter on your wrist to make sure its gonna fit you
believe me, I had a recent stupid situation. got a classic Deepsea rep, 42mm, and I couldn't get used to how it was looking on my wrist. the rep was a great piece, all quality and stuff. but didn't resonate with it on my wrist. had to sell it to another fellow
I promised myself I would always test them on my wrist to have an approximate idea about how it's gonna be feeling
if you are big and tall, it's not enough, you have to see how it feels on you. if it's alright, go ahead and enjoy it πŸ˜‰

Racrought

is this the new full-titanium version?
heard some great gossips about it 😁😁😁
as for the diameter: good for u that your wrist is as big 😁😁😁 that means you will have no trouble with it on. trouble will have those with tiny wrists πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
me, I wouldn't buy it because it looks too big on. I tested a 44 mm Invicta on my wrist and I didn't get nothing but frustration. But it's my personal case. on. other wrists it might look different. I dont have any problem with such a diameter, 50mm case can look good on you, especially if you say you r a pretty massive dude. after all, calibration is really important when picking watches.
also, if I see a person wearing a too small watch, I always associate it with a lack of taste. but when I see someone with an oversized one, im. more prone to take it as a special taste of style. idk why it happens.
on the whole, this is a piece of beauty
yeah, you're right. Tried the 50 mm case and there is one thing that I have to say. Do you know that it actually depends on the model? some models due to the style of the case and the strap can look really awful on my wrist even if im a big guy. the same thing happened to me with a model that has really thick cases.
Sooooo, there is a tiny line that can change everything, at least for me things happened. This deepsea Rolex seems to be created and I really love the thickness that Rolex usually uses for the watches. Moreover I can't say that I love heavy watches, some time for big cases is really hard to create them feel really light. Period...

dailydose

So double feelings about it, tbhβ€¦πŸ«£πŸ«£πŸ«£
Rolex again with its newly exploding gamma with features, materials, blah blah, and again scarce availability in the market. Not talking about reps here, but about gens. Again an endless waiting list, and probably, one could get one, but only when Rolex already will have released 15 other new models… so typical for the brand, only teasesβ€¦πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

On the other hand, here is the grey market quickly reacting and offering the piece for about 50k… of course, striking while the iron is hot… πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

And each time I wonder how is Rolex better than a Zelos Abyss with 3k water resistance, and only $700? Money and reputation, I guess… and that’s all.../1
got a little tired and bored with the same song again and again... but if it fits your wrist and you feel comfortable with it on, would my opinion change yours much?!

ArnoldTHEgreat

Well, idk actually...

This new Challenge is totally not to be worn. It’s just an experimental watch from Rolex. It built it more to self-challenge itself, rather the for the general public. I mean the story behind the release is indeed imposing, totally agree that’s a fabulous piece technically. But not for daily use. If it is to opt for something to really wear, I’d personally go for its rival, the Planet ocean Ultra Deep omega. It’s much closer to the truth. Also technically marvelous, but more pleasant visually and proportionally. It only has 45,5mm, which is also pretty huge, but not as huge as the 50m Deepsea. And the thickness is smaller, only 18mm against 23mm. I suppose that’s what Rolex took to integrate the 11k m water resistance system, so it totally makes sense the height of the watch.

The only egg downside is the strap instead of a metal bracelet. I’d really like the factory to make the model in a titanium bracelet like the Rolex.

If I could get the gen, it would be the Omega. And again, only because of the extremely huge proportions of the Rolex. And also, the 11,000 meters sounds great. But, what insane would go so in-depth, unless you’r not a super mega ultra professional diver?

If the purpose of the Depose was to show what’s the brand capable for, it achieved it completely and the audience is amazed. If the brand has intentions to release it to the mass market, the collection will be a collapse. It’s a watch to love and contemplate, not to wear...

about the reps, I think this Deapsee won't be released in the rep version. Omega is already available

igivente

as an experimental watch: fantastic, bombastic, and all stuff like that😎😎😎😎😎😎
as a watch to be worn: no, thanks. I neither need that dimension looking like a brick on my wrist, nor the 11k water resistance. the maximum I can do with my watches is to splash on the seaside πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

PpiroJookK88735

Rolex stated it clear: it's a experimental watch. why dos anyone imagine it on his wrist already?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ just because it's an out of the box watch?))))) sorry, just being curious πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
o the whole, I agree with @igivente about the 11k water resistance. it's really amazing, crazy and stuff, but we, the mere mortals πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ will never use this feature in real life)

ObeisDexter

is the purpose of the experiment was to show what the brand can, than it is a successful experiment. people have gone crazy with the technical profile of this "giant" in al senses. If the purpose is to release this model to the mass audience, tan the `Rolex has now to think ow to integrate all that technical profile into a more reasonable case dimension )))
50mm will never be sold the way that "normal" watches are. so, think Rolex made problems for itself :D it teased the public with a fabulous but HUGE construction and now doesn't know how to adapt it to "human" sizes :DDD

or, it will remain forever as a sample of its modern craftsmanship)

bagaBOO57335

by me, Rolex did once again what it can do the best: showed off its potential, and deserves ll the admiration for the new Challenge. I'm sure it didn't design it for the public, it doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. it did it for itself. perhaps, it won't release the 50mm Challenge to the large audience, but at least, it for sure akowledged ow to improve the following mass models it is going to launch, based on the experience gained with the new Challenge. lucky those who will afford a genuine next big release. we, here, will have the traditional Rolex reps 😁😁

carRacer638854

I'd like to have this marvel in its genuine version, but in a smaller version. I have also a pretty big wrist, still 50mm is too much for me.. it looks like a brick on the wrist and reminds me of the very first Nokia cel phones πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ these were like bricks over the head when talking through themπŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 16.58.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 16.58.49.png
    438.2 KB · Views: 0

DoctorWHO

yeaaaaah, the legendary nokia πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...
and in general, those mobile phones with removable one-meter antennas πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...

about the Challenge, this titanium giant really sounds good with its 11,000 meters in depth... but the question is: who is the target audience for this watch?I only can think of diver professionals, it makes sense. but still, will they be able to operate with a 50mm wrist watch underwater? I'm not too sure.
if it's about the general public, I assume that there are 2 types of customers who will want it: those who want to wave a Rolex left and right to brag about it, without having any idea of its imposing qualities, and probably the very big people for whom the 50mm case looks like the 40mm on my wrist

either way, I don't see this watch as suitable for the general public. it's way too big. it's qualitative, yes, but I don't see the need to pay so much for some features that I will never use. for me, this watch remains only a "wow". and by no means a goal to get it as quickly as possible

JL$4k029

it is a single-use watch, it seems to me.🀨🀨
I wouldn't wear it often at all. I think that after the first use I would get tired of the excessive volume. imagine: how it looks under the sleeve, or above the shirt sleeve. like a brick? if you also have a coat to wear on top, it will be impossible not to stand out, and make your outfit impossible... no, no, no. this watch is definitely not for me. If I were a professional diver, probably his advantages would suppress the disadvantages. But why shouldn't Rolex make exactly the same construction in a more "earthly" case? maybe a maximum of 45mm would be acceptable... but that size is too much. even the multitude of benefits do not convince me enough to accept this brick on my wrist πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

Goofew

when it comes to watches like this one, there is a need for a sample i think. :LOL:
The suppliers just need to change their idea of offering watches. You need to sand a sample that is like a:LOL: toy:LOL::LOL:, but that has the same identical size. It is like having a sample of a perfume that you want to try in order to see if the scent is what you actually need. In fact, in this case, you can be sure that the case size is the one for you. :p

i would be a little bit concerned to go with such a watch if i didn't try to size before :D
let's be honest, this is a pretty big case size. This is not something regular that can be 2 mm bigger or smaller than you can theoretically imagine. This is 50 guys.
Yes, the watch looks pretty cool, we all know that Deepsea from Rolex has always been amazing. in this case, i think there is a lot to take into consideration before going for it.
I love big cases, and this one intrigued me.
Seems that I'm a little bit blind, as I have been on the official site of Rolex so many times and haven't observed this one. Maybe I have seen Deepsea but haven't read the info. Gonna change it from now on.

Eddie

it is a single-use watch, it seems to me.🀨🀨
I wouldn't wear it often at all. I think that after the first use I would get tired of the excessive volume. imagine: how it looks under the sleeve, or above the shirt sleeve. like a brick? if you also have a coat to wear on top, it will be impossible not to stand out, and make your outfit impossible... no, no, no. this watch is definitely not for me. If I were a professional diver, probably his advantages would suppress the disadvantages. But why shouldn't Rolex make exactly the same construction in a more "earthly" case? maybe a maximum of 45mm would be acceptable... but that size is too much. even the multitude of benefits do not convince me enough to accept this brick on my wrist πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–
but he told, he has a pretty massive complexity and big watches is what fits him the best. what would u recommend instead? 40mm?

I admit that 50mm is a bit too us, it's not something we see everyday and nether are used to such cases. but, I can imagine such a gent on a big complex buddy, like those mature bearded bikers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
and if the watch doesn't fit with. coat on, you just don't wear it when it's cold outside 😁😁