New Vintage Omega in my collection!

Suchispost

I'm the luckiest guy alive. Really... i still can't believe it but I made a deal with one man that is not that fond about watches and just gave me a Vintage Seamaster Omega from 1969. It is so cool and beautiful I can't explain how happy I am. I got it for $500. The fact that he was just giving me this one because he has nothing to do with it and he was not interested to find another person that was interested.
It is perfectly preserved and looks amazing
1673878498576.png

When I saw it for the first time I thought that it was a good replica. This was my firs thought just because the man offered me this one for $500. It just can't be possible... the original one costs about $4000. no one is going to sell this for $500.
I brought it, up and just decided to go to a professional to see what he can tell me. Imagine my surprise when I found that it is original.

Im not a moron, i called the man and told him how much it actually costs, and he just told me that it is ok for him.
Long story short, and convinced him to take at least an additional $500. He didn't want to take more. here i am with my perfect vintage watch extremely happy. I just need to change the strap cause i don't like it. Of course, it needs to be cleaned.. God knows where it has been preserved all this time.

Youncesomed

YEEEEEEEEEY. Congrats. you did a good thing that you called the man. At least you can feel good about yourself right now and enjoy your watch. The model is a real treasure! 🤩
🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Thereld

Good thing dude, u are really lucky we can only envy you but wish you good luck with your watch.
taking into consideration that finding a well-preserved watch is hard, you even managed to find a good preserved one at a really low price.
honestly, you can totally say that you got it for free:D

Suchispost

Vintage is coool. I think I have nevr heard such a story before. U are alucky bastard:D
Don't get me wrong buy ffffffff just 1k for such a watch. + u said that it is good looking and well preserved. AAAAAAA i hate u.
:D:D
sometimes i hate me too :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Suchispost

Good thing dude, u are really lucky we can only envy you but wish you good luck with your watch.
taking into consideration that finding a well-preserved watch is hard, you even managed to find a good preserved one at a really low price.
honestly, you can totally say that you got it for free:D
yep, this is something that happens once in a lifetime, and not in everybody's lifetime for sure:LOL:

Youncesomed

Vintage is coool. I think I have nevr heard such a story before. U are alucky bastard:D
Don't get me wrong buy ffffffff just 1k for such a watch. + u said that it is good looking and well preserved. AAAAAAA i hate u.
:D:D
he kinda makes everybody jealous here :ROFLMAO:

JL$4k029

I have a love and hate relationship with vintage watches. it's like I love them, but I can't seem to understand them. what I think is superb with a vintage watch, the people around says it's a total fiasco. but with this model, I can only congratulate you. indeed seems phenomenal to me, different from what I knew about vintage until now! very good choice! 🤌🫠🤩

Suchispost

I have a love and hate relationship with vintage watches. it's like I love them, but I can't seem to understand them. what I think is superb with a vintage watch, the people around says it's a total fiasco. but with this model, I can only congratulate you. indeed seems phenomenal to me, different from what I knew about vintage until now! very good choice! 🤌🫠🤩
got me interested in your position. What is actually that you don't understand about them, maybe i can help you?
Sometimes, everything that you need is a good explanation. You know? Go on, say it.

Buten

i looks really good, makes me feel like i need to get on the truck of collecting vintage watches too.
are there vintage watches that are at normal prices? i mean are not super expensive? i would like to look at them.

Youncesomed

@Buten of course you can find vintage watches at a lower price. you should consider some important things before you go for this. first of all, not all the vintage watches that you're going to find are going to appear in good quality. In fact, as long as you may understand the price for this specific model is actually pretty low. @Suchispost was lucky enough to find such a vintage watch at such a price, usually, they are way, much more expensive.
Generally, Vintage watches are watches that have been pre-owned by someone. The price for the watch is going to depend on the brand, model, and how well it has been preserved.
You can find watches at a lower price but you need to be prepared to invest some money to restore them. That's why not all people are ready to go for vintage watches. they require a lot of time and money. Even a good preserved vintage watch needs to be taken care of carefully and needs a lot of time to be well preserved.
I love Vintage watches, but I can't go enough with them. I know that personally im not going to have a lot of time and resources to take care of them.

Buten

@Buten of course you can find vintage watches at a lower price. you should consider some important things before you go for this. first of all, not all the vintage watches that you're going to find are going to appear in good quality. In fact, as long as you may understand the price for this specific model is actually pretty low. @Suchispost was lucky enough to find such a vintage watch at such a price, usually, they are way, much more expensive.
Generally, Vintage watches are watches that have been pre-owned by someone. The price for the watch is going to depend on the brand, model, and how well it has been preserved.
You can find watches at a lower price but you need to be prepared to invest some money to restore them. That's why not all people are ready to go for vintage watches. they require a lot of time and money. Even a good preserved vintage watch needs to be taken care of carefully and needs a lot of time to be well preserved.
I love Vintage watches, but I can't go enough with them. I know that personally im not going to have a lot of time and resources to take care of them.
got it, actually, i have heard something like this, but was never sure about this situation. At least now I can say that I it really clear. U are right that i can be a little bit hard to go with vintage watches, and that u should have a lot of time for this. Maybe this is not the thing for me :D

Youncesomed

got it, actually, i have heard something like this, but was never sure about this situation. At least now I can say that I it really clear. U are right that i can be a little bit hard to go with vintage watches, and that u should have a lot of time for this. Maybe this is not the thing for me :D
it gets easier over time actually. at the beginning when you dont know what to do and how to act seems like impossible and takes all the time in the world. after some time it becomes easier because you already know all the processes and you only do your routine over and over again.
at least this is how i feel.
but there is one Universal truth. You REALLY need to love vintage watches to go for it, otherwise, you are going to step back soon.

Buten

it gets easier over time actually. at the beginning when you dont know what to do and how to act seems like impossible and takes all the time in the world. after some time it becomes easier because you already know all the processes and you only do your routine over and over again.
at least this is how i feel.
but there is one Universal truth. You REALLY need to love vintage watches to go for it, otherwise, you are going to step back soon.
it seems like i need to take some time to understand if i can even go for it. i have been reading some good articles about vintage watches and how you should actually take care of them. you are right there are a lot of things that you actually need to do to make it work, this is why i think that im going to recalculate my possibilities before starting something.
in addition i need to find a lot of more information about regular watches before changing to something more specific.

Youncesomed

it seems like i need to take some time to understand if i can even go for it. i have been reading some good articles about vintage watches and how you should actually take care of them. you are right there are a lot of things that you actually need to do to make it work, this is why i think that im going to recalculate my possibilities before starting something.
in addition i need to find a lot of more information about regular watches before changing to something more specific.
for sure my friend, the first thing to compete in this world is knowing that you at least know a lot about regular watches, when you dont know and don't understand the basic information, of course, this is going to be really difficult to do into deep with vintage.
dont be afraid, and dont worry too much, everything is going to come to you with time and experience.

Suchispost

for sure all this thing about vintage watches is not that easy.
i just got a little lucky to find this specific model at such a price actually. to be honest, @Buten i have has so many flops... i had more flops than normal regular lucky moments. you know that people usually go with trust and think that everything that they are going to find is going to be good deal.. not that simple..
there are so many vintage watches that need to be cared of... you have to invest and to find parts of the watch that are really hard to find, cause when it it authentic vintage you cant go with replica models,, you want to do it right.
at the beginning is hard.. you have to figure out where to find all the parts that you want where to find a good professional mechanic that can work with this and can make a good thing out of it and so on... it is that kind of thing that u learn through time.
THE MOST IMPORTANT thing is to love them.. to really love vintage and to work on creating the best ones.
otherwise.. you are just waisting your time.

Buten

for sure all this thing about vintage watches is not that easy.
i just got a little lucky to find this specific model at such a price actually. to be honest, @Buten i have has so many flops... i had more flops than normal regular lucky moments. you know that people usually go with trust and think that everything that they are going to find is going to be good deal.. not that simple..
there are so many vintage watches that need to be cared of... you have to invest and to find parts of the watch that are really hard to find, cause when it it authentic vintage you cant go with replica models,, you want to do it right.
at the beginning is hard.. you have to figure out where to find all the parts that you want where to find a good professional mechanic that can work with this and can make a good thing out of it and so on... it is that kind of thing that u learn through time.
THE MOST IMPORTANT thing is to love them.. to really love vintage and to work on creating the best ones.
otherwise.. you are just waisting your time.
you are right, for now im going to concentrate on finding more about regular watches and keep getting better on choosing good replica watches.. vintage watches seem to be too much for me now.

Buten

for sure my friend, the first thing to compete in this world is knowing that you at least know a lot about regular watches, when you dont know and don't understand the basic information, of course, this is going to be really difficult to do into deep with vintage.
dont be afraid, and dont worry too much, everything is going to come to you with time and experience.
it is not that i don't know basic information, it is more about the fact that i feel like im not knowing everything that i need to know about watches so for sure i cant jump some steps up without getting to know all the things that i should at this level.

Matias

hmmmmmmmm, that's pretty niiiice))))) give me the contacts maybe I can get something valuable with such little money.😁 the watch is a marvel, I absolutely agree🥰🥰. did you test it for water resistance by the way? what does the expert say?