omega imitations

ondOntra

Hello All:
Thinking of buying an omega imitation. Seamaster seems the best match for me, though can’t afford it, yet 😁What to take into account when buying it? What model seems reasonable to u? Also, what price range would be enough for a good quality replica Omega? Saved some money for the potential watch but not really sure which is the reasonable range to look at. I know about the swiss. Are they worth the money? I also know about the Asian versions. Much cheaper, yes, but don’t really trust the quality. Or should I? Thanks a lot

BrIerNAN

I own an Omega Speedmaster and an Aquaterra. Both are swiss imitations. The Moonwatch Chrono is 42mm and occasionally I have difficulties reading it. But, it might be because I’m visually impaired. Cases of 45 mm and above comfort me better. Im not sure that the Asian replicas can offer you a good-functioning manual winding system. My Swiss one is a manual movement one and works smoothly.
The case polishing is pretty smooth and hasn’t suffered during the 1,5 years that I’m wearing it. The tachymetric scale on the bezel and all the Chrono dials haven’t produced errors or malunctionalities along the way. 50 m WR. Though never tested underwater.

The second one, Aqua terra is a bit more pricey, with 904 stainless steel, 21 jewels movement, and a detailed blue textured dial with super lumen hour markers. Also, the sapphire crystal has a double layer of antireflective coating which is integrated from the interior side. And here, watch out! Many replicas put an anti-reflective coating on the surface of the crystal. This makes the crystal more sensitive to knocks, scratches, and impacts.
Sure that a Swiss replica can provide the same?
Actually, just think about your purpose. It is a watch that will last for many years to come? Or is it just a short-term purchase? Asian are cheaper, yes. You can come across nice-looking `Asian Omegas, indeed. But, make sure about the crystal and steel. 904 would be perfect, and 316 as an alternative. But not below that. If you have the possibility, always opt for the sapphire crystal

YellowSnowman

What’s the point in risking it? Inspect your Omega model on google and find some original alternatives from a more affordable brand. Is it the brand that attracts u or the features that the watch has? Certainly there must be some affordable models with same tech profile but will less expenses

SwInEIGh

it seems to me that it's the brand that attracts u 😁 and that's nothing to blame actually...its like picturing your dream goal. I admit that it takes a lot to save the money for the genuine model. So, let your replica be as your target. You look at it, and you don't loose focus from your guilty authentic pleasure 🫠🫠

BLburNett

With all due respect, why the h*ll are u considering replica watches? Why don’t u just accept that they are unattainable and buy those watches that u can afford? When you can afford it, buy yourself tens of them. While the forum rules don’t forbid these discussions, can u realize the damage u bring to the watch brand industry (the original one!!! ☝️) Why’s that illogical desire? Does it make u feel superior wearing a brand watch, even its fake???
There are so many alternatives outside the bubble of luxury brands that offer pretty much of quality and trust. With every replica you buy, you violate the intellectual property of the big players from the industry 😖 even though most of u know that replicas can’t promise ultimate quality, you are still willing to pay hundreds on them. Does it make any sense? Seiko, Timex, Orient- look at their watches. Timex-USA, Seiko and Orient-Japanese, Mido- SWISS BRAND. Why don’t u trust them instead of replicas that don’t even promise warranty?
Even those stores promising swiss quality and movements and whatever u want, how can u be sure of that? Can u check their quality standards? Never. They can sell u 316 stainless steel claiming that it is 904. And u pay about $800-100$ for that, without even thinking about being deceived.
Educate yourself and accept your financial possibilities. Have the watch that u can pay for. An ORIGINAL ONE. Meanwhile, save money for the authentic Omega or Rolex or what else u like. Wouldn’t it be more logical?!

YellowSnowman

With all due respect, why the h*ll are u considering replica watches? Why don’t u just accept that they are unattainable and buy those watches that u can afford? When you can afford it, buy yourself tens of them. While the forum rules don’t forbid these discussions, can u realize the damage u bring to the watch brand industry (the original one!!! ☝️) Why’s that illogical desire? Does it make u feel superior wearing a brand watch, even its fake???
There are so many alternatives outside the bubble of luxury brands that offer pretty much of quality and trust. With every replica you buy, you violate the intellectual property of the big players from the industry 😖 even though most of u know that replicas can’t promise ultimate quality, you are still willing to pay hundreds on them. Does it make any sense? Seiko, Timex, Orient- look at their watches. Timex-USA, Seiko and Orient-Japanese, Mido- SWISS BRAND. Why don’t u trust them instead of replicas that don’t even promise warranty?
Even those stores promising swiss quality and movements and whatever u want, how can u be sure of that? Can u check their quality standards? Never. They can sell u 316 stainless steel claiming that it is 904. And u pay about $800-100$ for that, without even thinking about being deceived.
Educate yourself and accept your financial possibilities. Have the watch that u can pay for. An ORIGINAL ONE. Meanwhile, save money for the authentic Omega or Rolex or what else u like. Wouldn’t it be more logical?!
yep... agree// why pay for a Japanese replica if u can have a Japanese authentic, warranty and service included...

Almagest

Seamaster look good to me//I would buy one for my husband :D id recommend u opt for the swiss quality. and also. look for stores that provide warranty for at least one year

Twirejj4279

Don’t see a problem with fakes at all…in the perfect scenario, I would have Audemars Piguet, Patek, Breitling, and Omega all genuine collections, with at least one model of each collection. Some of people I know asked me why I buy replicas given that the money for the counterfeit goes to terrorists, in addition to other criminal directions. Pleaaaase… like if I hadn’t bought fakes, terrorists would not have money at all. Unfortunately, they are supplied with heavy money not only from fakes’ sales.
And I don’t buy fakes because of inferiority issues. I’m ok with my confidence. The reason behind it is the quality of aaa-grade and Swiss-made replicas, for how stupid it wouldn’t sound.
I like the manual movements they produce. I like how the Swiss replica manufacturers master the stainless steel and its finishing looks very attractive and pleasant. So it’s not about being superior to others. It’s only that I found watches that completely satisfy my needs and my quality expectations. As for cheaper alternatives like Seiko etc, there is nothing against them. Im just completely satisfied with the watch replicas offer me. So, it’s not about purchasing something fake or authentic. It’s about having the u like.

As for the replica industry in general; what do I do if I like an Omega and I don’t like anything else resembling Omega?! There isn’t a cheaper authentic watch with the exact look and tech specs. All available is just close to it. So, why shouldn’t I opt for what I truly like?
After all, I take all responsibilities regarding quality issues. If I screw it with the quality, it’s only my problem, isn’t it?)
So, dear author of the post, buy whatever your heart wants. Only assume responsibility for it. As for the terrorists, they have other sources of “income”, be sure about that. And about the moral right, I’m pretty sure that even if the replica industry is somehow shut down, there will appear other “projects” instead.

TwilloLoVer

There’s a lot of talks around imitations out there. I have kinda ambiguous feelings about it. On one hand, being a brand, I would not like somebody to imitate my goods, especially creating awful products that would affect my image as a brand. On the other, luxury brands make incredible watches that regular brands don’t. And it’s hard to resist one, but their prices are cosmic. If a replica is good enough and promises high quality, that would be an alternative, at least to satisfy that guilty pleasure. Idk, not the best counselor on the matter.

Seamasters are just fine as models. Good-looking and pretty versatile. As for replica options, I think that cheap imitations is never a good idea. Good luck bro

BLburNett

No ambiguous feelings should there be when it’s about opting for counterfeit. And replica watches are counterfeit. As I mentioned before, there are plenty of other watches with good technical and design profiles, costing even less than some replicas. If each of us hadn’t supported the replica industry by buying fake watches, it would gradually die. So think of it, pls

BLburNett

And also, if it’s an omega that u want so bad, look for the cheapest authentic version. The Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional starts at $5,900. The constellation Co-Axial starts at $4k. The Aquaterra Master Co-Axial is about 5k. What u call a “good replica” is about 1k. Is it really worth it? Be a little more patient and save that money and have the authentic option

VioletteLonGoRIA

@BLburNett does it smell like a bit of a passive-aggressive tone?))) Let the author buy whatever he wants) after all, the community has to share opinions related to his questions. If he asked about replicas, let’s give him a hand about replicas. U can’t just insist on your point of view exclusively, especially given that the form rules don’t prohibit it)). Cheers

BLburNett

u guys are supporting a business that affects terribly the image of the authentic brands. it's illegal what u are doing through buying fake watches, shoes, bags, etc... I thinks there is a moral problem more than a financial one. Given so many affordable alternatives, why do u insist on having something u don't afford? Just accept your condition

Twirejj4279

Seamaster has a lot of models in the line) what exactly do u look for? Dress or sports vibe? From the casual line, the Co-Axial Master O21030445103001 44 mm case is a good piece to have. It looks modern, versatile, and expressive and fits well with any kind of casual outfit. It comes with a ceramic bezel, providing high durability, and rhodium-plated subdial hands, filled with superluminova. Very interesting steel bracelet and an attractive blue dial.

The O23492412110001 Co-Axial Master is a bit more formal. Don’t really know your preferences so decided to give u a formal option. A nice brown color, bronze, and ceramic for the case material, a little bit less generous in size- 41 mm case.

Swiss replicas usually come with a great water resistance profile. Asian not always, unless u pay some extra fee for the integration of the screw-in crown to protect the inner mechanism from water. Based on my experience, Swiss-made replicas come with a more reliable mechanism. Asians work well but the overall aspect might fade with time and even if the watch still functions well, it’s unlike you will want to wear it given its worn-off aspect. So, Swiss and aaa-grades would be the right way to go.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 13.21.53.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 13.21.53.png
    208 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 13.31.13.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-10 at 13.31.13.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 1

unAwsome

As far as I know, replicas have different quality grades. Don’t know them exactly, but Swiss -made imitations are considered the best. I even know that many experts who have worked in Swiss watch brands are hired to produce Swiss replicas. So, considering their knowledge and some specific tricks in watchmaking, it’s expectable for they to produce good items.

“Are they worth the money?” is a pretty tricky question) a replica watch has always a certain risk) only because u never know who produces it and what’s the level of responsibility of the manufacturer. Some vendors offer 2 years warranty, while others- 2 months. It’s clear that we can’t talk about promising quality when the warranty is 2 months. So, if you are completely decided on buying an imitation, be highly prudent about where u buy it. Am sure that it is possible to find good imitations. Some of the videos I saw on Youtube spotting the difference between authentic and imitations are simply phenomenal. Even experts find it difficult to spot the difference. Of course, such a good replica can’t be cheap I guess. But if its quality that u seek, be ready to pay for it ) Good luck 😉

cheetahapple

They are absolutely different from each other. One is sporty, the other is more dressy. You should first begin by deciding the style u want. If you are “the sporty guy”, why would you need a dress-type watch? If the style is not critical, I’d recommend considering the Seamaster. It is more attractive, exclusive, and looks far more refined. Also, the Speedmaster, like the Explorer and Submariner, are everywhere (I mean replicas). So, its status of “exclusivity” is kinda lost somehow.
Regarding replica versions, I did have the possibility to hold a couple of replica watches. I should say that some of them indeed have a spectacular resemblance. Be careful with the replica dealers. It’s not excluded that some of them are pretty “tricky”)) and also, inspect carefully the movements. Swiss are the most optimal, as far a s I know

diaboliquerye

SWISS Omega 8906 Automatic Movement 28800bph sounds better than a Japanese quartz movement. Also, 904l stainless steel sounds better than the 440 or 316-grade stainless steel. Sapphire crystal sounds better than mineral glass) So, look for reliable technical data, and the price will follow by default)
regarding the Omega diving models, all of them look pretty chunky for me. From all, I would remark the PLANET OCEAN 600M CO‑AXIAL CHRONOMETER 37.5 MM 232.92.38.20.03.001, and the PLANET OCEAN 600M CO‑AXIAL MASTER CHRONOMETER 39.5 MM215.30.40.20.04.001. What `I would never ever choose would be the Ploprof 1200M Co-Axial Master Chronometer 55 x 48 mm. Hope could be helpful

LIgHtere

honestly, I find the Seamaster too robust and chunky. Few models from the line are acceptable. the hour hands are too big, impairing the design. Don't like the collection at all. r u sure about it? The speedster are far more attractive and sophisticated I think. for example the 329.30.44.51.04.001 ref, it looks phenomenal for me. serious, sturdy, almost a statement piece. seamasters are too youngish

EmPoWeReD

sorry for boasting here but just got my new Seamaster and it looks great indeed… so excited 🫣🫠🤩… I was also struggling with the SMP Chrono diver, but in the end, opted for the 9300 OP Chrono as u can see… that’s a great decision if you go with the Seamaster

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 14.22.38-min.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-12 at 14.22.38-min.png
    684.3 KB · Views: 1