PAM00992 Radiomir 8 Days 45mm

Cinar73967

Hi fellows,
Would you share your opinions on this model? (the right pic)
I'm not a big fan of Panerai watches. I mean, they don't grab me much, nor do I have anything against them. But, here is a thing: got offered this new model by one of my job fellows. the 8Days Patented in the dial caught my attention, seems really out of the box, and draw my attention.

Also, got really inspired by its patina on the case, looks gorgeous especially with its black sandwich dial with a sapphire crystal. The blue hands look graceful on this guy and even a tiny second hand at 9 o'clock.

Also, I'm not really keen on minimalist dial. But this watch seems to have opened horizons and I didn't know I liked it, the 3.9 Arabic looks smooth in the symmetrical layout and on the background with the other hour markers that stand so elegantly.

the point is my fellow is ready to sell it by a pretty high price, he needs some cash urgently. Now, I sit and think if it's worth it, because with only $100 more, I can get a Panerai Luminor with that non-specific crown (the left pic). What would u do?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.27.51.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.27.51.png
    320.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.27.57.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 12.27.57.png
    482 KB · Views: 0

SpiceEric

Why not define your primary purpose first? You say you are not fond of panwrai watches; still, you have an alternative Luminor in mind) you say your fellow needs money right away, and you're about to let'im down 'bcoz u can't decide between watches) And u say your fellow's watch has cought u, and u still think of another panerai option)

got a little confused, tbh) if u really want to help ur dude, just take the watch, especially if u had a crush on it)

Panerai has in deed special watches, u either love or hate them. i'd get it, this model looks really fine AND u help ur friend

MiracuLuis

Vintage model is better for me, I'd pick IT. still, I don't think it's normal like the price; to be close to Luminor. the crown bridge, the gold finish, more detailing- everything is about additional manufacturing and more craftsmanship. Accordingly, the PAM00992 Radiomir should be more affordable, especially if it's not new but a preowned one.

However, your fellow has caught u with the limited edition 8Days 😂, that's an ace up his sleeve) For the finish, for less decoration, and for less manual labor- i don't see this radiomir as very expensive. So, you could try to negotiate the price with your fella, unless u really wanna help him with the full price if he's in need

Fisher

if u'd REALLY like your fellow's watch, you would NOT have been looking for an alternative. So go for the second model. When some timepiece really catches you, there is no room for comparing prices, designs, etc. with other watches. u just get it 'cause u like it badly. In your case, I sense you took your time to compare this watch with another one, you even found a model to potentially buy it. And it's ok, only this says that your fellow's watch is not for u. So take the Luminor if u really like it badly and just try to figure out how to solve it with yr friend... or just lend him this money and yr both done

Albert

r u really sure about the 45mm and that square shape? i've been hearing around that the size dopesnt fit everyone, the unusual shape might dig intro yuour wrist and the 45mm ... well.. it's not a size for everyone

try it before u get it...
do u really think watchmanufacturers don't take comfort into account when designing watches? rest assured that this model is even more comfortable than many round or rectangular models. see those rounded corners? they r specifically to adapt to thje wrist line and not dig ito it. 45mm is not quite that much for a watch

Ethan

I will take your friend out of the equation with his need for money, and I will talk exclusively about these 2 models: in my opinion, both are very successful, among the most successful in the Panerai catalog. Radiomir and Luminor are the most elegant collections, in my opinion. the submersible is too "alien-like" while the Liminor Due- well, I like it for its sportyness, but the simple Luminor is closer to my style.

Now, back to your options: these watches are absolutely different as still. One is vintage, the other modern. I think it is unnecessary to specify which one is vin and modern.
The vintage pros:
- superb harmony between casing and leather strap
- very balanced dial with nice-looking geometry
-THAT type of crown is charming

What it lacks is the aristocratic spirit and the essence of luxury. Looks just like a branded daily watch for comfort and versatility

The modern Luminor option:
-Superb, modern design
-attractive and eye-catching color
-gold case looks reeeaaaaally fantastic and luxurious and noble and whatever u want your watch to exude

Now, choose what best suits your style and preferences, given that the price difference is not that big

Mathew

Nice Panerai, the vintage black dial. The luminor is also a good watch, with great technical capabilities, but the gold case is too much for me, I'm more with the versatile, casual style. Now it's time to help your friend, that is critical now I think. The Luminor - leave it for later, it's somewhat of an anniversary model

StevenOhio

a gold-case watch with the almost same price as a stainless steel one? that's nonsense! it's wiser to lend that money to your friend and may he keep his watch.
might be nonsense, but @Cinar73967 liked the watch)

imho, you never have to sell your watches when you need money. encourage him to look for other ways to get the necessary money, lend him or sell something less necessary. it's so sad to part with your beloved watches just because you need money. either way, many of us end up selling our watches, but let it be for other reasons. maybe your friend hasn't gotten bored of it yet and he still likes this timepiece. let him enjoy it

UdlinINTEL

sounds like a compulsive purchase your plan. on one hand, you say that panerai watches don't grab you very much. Then, you say that you are ready to help your friend, and out of good intentions, you are ready to buy his watch. right away, you say that you already have an alternative for your friend's watch: ANOTHER PANERAI WHICH WASN'T EVEN IN YOUR SIGHT 5 MINUTES AGO!

watch out: you have a high chance of buying something you don't think you really need. If you haven't resonated with Panerai until now, why would you do it now? Because you are somehow imposed by circumstances and situation. Lend money to your friend, let him solve his problems. Let a little time pass until you understand if you really want a Panerai or not.

The step you want to take is somehow thoughtless. I don't see in you a real burning desire to have a Panerai, nor your friend's, nor another Luminor. Take your time to balance things smoothly

GeorgeClintonBiden

Love Panerai, very nice watches with out of the box design and superb functionality. For me both models look and feel great, it's just all about your personal taste and style, as somebody already mentioned it) you won't regret no matter the model you pick. i've been wearing my 3rd panerai so far, love the way they look in any environment, how readable they are, how resistant to impacts... in a word: completely absorbed by ths manufacturer

Perpetual

I would have preferred a Radiomir Quaranta) Either way, I don't think it's a good idea to have this watch "to help your fellow". A watch is bought when you are ready for it, when you resonate with it, but not when you are somehow forced to wear it.
For your friend, I also think it is a good idea to lend him the money for his needs, or to find it from other sources. Selling you his watch, and you buying the watch from him only to solve financial problems is not the best idea.

Just imagine - in a few weeks or months he will somehow solve his financial problems. And then what? You will wear a watch that you have no idea how you came to wear it, and he will remember this watch as an old friend that he lost unreasonably. Financial rollercoasters always are and will be, and they always get resolved. But finding the right timepiece and keeping it - is a talent. Think of that

Michelangelo

Even if many don't understand the specific concept of the crown in Luminor, I admit that this is what attracted me to it😂😂 c'mon guys, don't u sometimes need to get out of the box? 😂 i really like this design approach badly) my luminor never gets out of attention specifically for the special crown bridge) so, if u wanna some attention on u, bet you'll get it with this Luminor beauty)

for your friend, just lend'im money😁